PDA

View Full Version : [class] Terrorist

Fascisticide
2007-03-12, 12:02 PM
Here is a class I created for my Munchkin game. I didn't put that much thought or effort in it because, obviously, these won't be recurring vilains.

Anyway, I'd like your comments

== Terrorist ==

Terrorists use potions with an area effect, usually fireball, which affects themselves and those around them.

HD : d8
Skill points : 6
BAB : As cleric
Saves : Fort = good, Ref = good, Will = bad

Level 1
- Empowered explosion
- Improved blast +1

Level 2
- Widened explosion

Level 3
- Brew potion
- Improved blast +2

Level 4
- Maximized explosion

========

A terrorist can only use potions of offensive area effect spells. The effects are centered on the terrorist.

Improved blast :
Every odd level, the DC to save against the spell increases by +1

Empowered explosion :
Beginning at 1st level, the spell is treated as if cast with the Empower metamagic feat

Widened explosion :
Beginning at 2nd level, the spell is treated as if cast with the Widen metamagic feat

Brew Potion :
At 3rd level, a terrorist gains the ability to create potions. He can only create potions of offensive area effect spells. Any such spell of level equal or less than his terrorist level can be made into a potion. His terrorist level is used as the caster level. Otherwise, follow standard rules for creating potions.

Maximized explosion :
Beginning at 4th level, the spell is treated as if cast with the Maximize metamagic feat

EvilElitest
2007-03-12, 02:27 PM
Well this is not a touchy subject.
I would like to point out, Terroist don't have to kill themselves (Mr. Bin Laden is a good example.) I good example of terroirist tatics is the Irish revolution/civil war, the Algerian revolution, the Iranian revolution, the collaspe of Yugslavia, The Chinese Cival war, the Boxer Rebellain, the Egyptian revolution (more unrest really) and the French revolution. Mabye a high chrisma to attract follower, imunnity to fear, abilty to stike fear in other, a few bomb abilties, ect.
From,
EE

elliott20
2007-03-12, 03:49 PM
wow, that's just so... wow....

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-03-12, 04:12 PM
You're very mistaken if you think that suicide bombers are the only kind of terrorist. In the US, that's one of the ones we worry about least. The ones who place a bomb, leave, then blow it and 5 others in similar places, all at the same time, those are the scary ones.

Bears With Lasers
2007-03-12, 04:15 PM
I didn't put that much thought or effort in it

Maybe you should have.

Roland St. Jude
2007-03-12, 06:03 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Just because something is a "touchy subject" doesn't mean that you have to go there. Regardless of the merits of the OP's class, it is stated in a fictional world, references no real world religion or politics, or any real world anything. Yet, some of the replies went directly to that!

Note: When something seems inappropriate or against the rules, just report it. When something seems borderline or "touchy," post or not and report or not, as you like, but don't take it across the line by violating the rule yourself!

Thank you.

Demented
2007-03-12, 06:42 PM
The Goblins in warcraft have practically built a society around this class. =P

I just have to ask the inevitable question...
How do you live long enough to get the 2nd level?

And a more practical one...
Why don't these guys gain a benefit for using necklaces of fireball?
(We'll ignore helms of brilliance. For now.)

Tussy the Druid
2007-03-12, 07:02 PM
why potions and why not spells? I'm just curious.

EvilElitest
2007-03-12, 07:50 PM
When Algeria broke free from France twenty years after WWII, a lot of info on terrorist Gurrillia Warfare was let out, which the CIA still uses. Most Terrorist movements act as underground resistence forces and so they operate in a system where each person knows maybe two or three others. They then operate destory the sociaty they are fighting against. Sucied bomber are not used often unless the sociaty they are fighting is on the verge of chaos anyway (like Iraq) or are uses after years of careful planning like 9/11. Most terroists just plant bombs.
But i don't think you need a class for this, most classes would work. As mentioned in a different thread, the ideal terroist unit would be 20 level 20 wizards. As it is, 1 level 17 wizard can do tons of damgage as a terroist.
from,
EE

Nasrudith
2007-03-12, 07:53 PM
Perhaps grenadier would be a better term, it is accurate and much less loaded of a word.

Demented
2007-03-12, 08:11 PM
Probably right, MDruid. The most truly terrifying class is actually....

"You see that rather innocent-looking fool over there with the fancy hat and dusty cloak? Well, he's a very magical fellow, you see. The moment he pays attention to you and opens his mouth, you will like him. You will like him, you will worship him, and you will do everything he says, even if he tells you to kill your own mother. Not that you have a mother since you're a demon, but that's beside the point. The point is, he is a walking thought-control machine from which there is no escape, and he listens exclusively to me and his own whims. There is no magical means to protect yourself, short of blinding and deafening yourself and then scooping out your brains and crushing them to a thin, grimy paste. If you hope to survive, you have only one choice. You will do as I say and give me the artifact I desire, or I will unleash... the Bard."

This class really does need to benefit from a necklace of fireballs, though.
Perhaps merge it with that other homebrew class that did nothing but cast Fireball....

Fascisticide
2007-03-13, 09:39 AM
I made this for my Munchkin (http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/rpg/) game. My campaign is a parody of our world, religions and politics, with many related cultural references like the book 1984.

So this terrorist class is a parody of the image of terrorism that is often presented by the medias, stereotypical religious fanatics who blow themselves up screaming the name of their god.

I wanted to have suicide bomber terrorists in my game, but I didnt really know how to do it. When I read a discussion about someone who wanted a potion of fireball and people told his he would have to drink it and that would make him explode, that gave me this idea for a terrorist class.

I intend it to be used only as a NPC class. Why would a player create a character that will die the first time he uses his class feature? Unless they find ways to abuse it... which is totally accpetable, after all, this is a Munchkin game!

Fascisticide
2007-03-13, 11:04 AM
Added "Improved blast"