PDA

View Full Version : DM Help is there a way to know the contents of suggestion without affected bt it?

With a box
2014-09-20, 10:47 PM
Succeeding on a Saving Throw

A creature that successfully saves against a spell that has no obvious physical effects feels a hostile force or a tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack. Likewise, if a creature’s saving throw succeeds against a targeted spell you sense that the spell has failed. You do not sense when creatures succeed on saves against effect and area spells.
It means that someone cast suggestion on who can't failed on save will never know about what was suggestion ordered to him, isn't it?
Can we use it for screw up someone with mind blank? like deliver password by suggestion trap?

With a box
2014-09-21, 04:16 AM
I cast revivify thread!

eggynack
2014-09-21, 04:21 AM
Looks like you want the spell disobedience from complete scoundrel. Does pretty much exactly this, letting you know about the opponent's orders and not heed them, and having your opponent be unaware of the loss of control (until you make him aware otherwise, anyway).

With a box
2014-09-21, 04:33 AM
I don't think normal wizard don't care about disobeydence when they have mind blank, I think the trap will do their job

Did you have any idea for a trap that make someone screwed if they are immulne to mind affect?

ahenobarbi
2014-09-21, 04:39 AM
Suggestion has [Language-dependent] tag which means it

uses intelligible language as a medium for communication. If the target cannot understand or cannot hear what the caster of a language-dependant spell says the spell fails.

so yes, you (and probably everyone nearby) know what the suggestion was, no matter save result(unless caster borked and used a language you don't know).

With a box
2014-09-21, 04:59 AM
Suggestion has [Language-dependent] tag which means it

so yes, you (and probably everyone nearby) know what the suggestion was, no matter save result(unless caster borked and used a language you don't know).

then I bring demend or illusory Script or something....

ahenobarbi
2014-09-21, 05:55 AM
then I bring demend or illusory Script or something....

I'm not saying there are no secure ways to communicate in D&D. I'm jest saying Suggestion is not a secure way of communication.

Segev
2014-09-22, 08:21 AM
If you're looking for relatively secure messaging, use Message; it's quite low-level and can generally restrict who can hear as long as you keep your voices low.

If you're looking to be unaffected by a compulsion spell you fail your save against (deliberately or not), Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law will suffice under most circumstances.

If neither of these is what you're looking for, I'm afraid I don't quite understand your question.

georgie_leech
2014-09-22, 08:29 AM
I see nothing in the spell to suggest that anyone hearing it is subject to its effects. Wouldn't someone be fully capable of understanding the suggestion if they weren't the target (i.e. one living creature)?

Crake
2014-09-22, 09:10 AM
I see nothing in the spell to suggest that anyone hearing it is subject to its effects. Wouldn't someone be fully capable of understanding the suggestion if they weren't the target (i.e. one living creature)?

suddenly telepathy

Psyren
2014-09-22, 05:23 PM
I'm not saying there are no secure ways to communicate in D&D. I'm jest saying Suggestion is not a secure way of communication.

Suggestion is like transmitting your plaintext password via over FTP :smalltongue: