PDA

View Full Version : +1 greatsword of Redundancy. (Weapon enchantment)(silly)

Draconi Redfir
2014-09-21, 03:31 AM
Why, why would you do this?
Why? Why do i do anything? Because i was bored.

Lesser Redundancy
Price: +1 bonus.
Aura: Unknown.

A lesser redundancy weapon replaces the damage dice of the weapon with two dice of equal value minus one. For example a 1d6 damage weapon would then gain a 2d3 -1 damage dice. While a 1d12 weapon would be replaced with 2d6 -1. This effect remains the same for any feats or past/future enchantments which increase damage dice.

Redundancy
Price: +1 bonus.
Aura: Unknown.

A Redundant weapon replaces the damage dice of the weapon with a dice one level lower then the original, for example a 1d12 damage weapon would now be 1d10, and a 1d10 weapon would not be 1d8, and so on. This effect remains the same for any feats or past/future enchantments which increase damage dice.

Greater Redundancy
Price: +2 bonus
Aura: Unknown

A weapon of Greater redundancy replaces the damage dice of the weapon with a dice one level lower then the original (See “Redundancy” enchantment) As well as replacing all attack and damage bonuses granted by the magical weapon with zero. As such, a normal +2 longsword would grant a +2 enchantment bonus to both attack and damage. A +2 longsword of greater redundancy would grant a +0 enchantment bonus to both attack and damage.

I work as a dishwasher at a boston pizza in canada, and how it typically works is that the servers place dirty dishes on the counter next to me, which i then pick up, wash, and put away. Recently however the owners of the building decided to implement this strange system in which they place this trolly in the middle of an already narrow and overcrowded hallway, place a bin ontop of it, and tell the servers to place the dishes into the bin, rather then onto the counter less then two feet away from it. I, or another dishwasher, must then take the dishes out of this bin, and place them onto the counter ourselves. As an added bonus, this trolly holds a garbage bin, which is much smaller then the large bin less then five feet away. The intent i believe was to reduce the amount of times a server must pass through our hallway, however this is entirely negated by the fact that they STILL must pass through the hallway in order to get clean dishes, or really do anything inside the kitchen area, such as go to the bathroom or take out garbage. As you can guess, this entire system is entirely useless, serves as nothing but a timesink for me and my fellow dishwashers, making our jobs harder, and making traversing through the narrow hallway even more of a chore. Nobody likes it. Not even the managers who force us to keep it there, they only put it there because the owners of the building tell them too.

Dealing with this completely redundant system all day inspired me to create these enchantments. Enjoy.

roko10
2014-09-22, 12:45 AM
Honestly, I think it could be used as a form of curse on a weapon.