PDA

View Full Version : Need help with summoner/necromancer cleric

Reejerey
2014-09-21, 04:28 AM
I'd like to start by saying thank you to the collective wisdom of the board.

I'm starting a new campaign soon. Its 3.5, core only. We will be running the Red Hand of Doom starting at level 6 with a 32 pt buy and no LA buy off. We're all somewhat inexperienced (including the GM) with me being the one with the most optimization experience. I'll be playing a Cleric, but I can choose my domains without having a deity. Planning on CN alignment and channeling negative energy. PrC's from the DMG are available

Looking for a solid build to go from 6-12 for now. Party is fighter or barbarian (player is undecided of exact build, will be "tankish"), Wizard (again, no build known... this player may have the most actual play experience), Rogue/Assassin (DM has allowed for assassin to be CN alignment as well) and me as cleric.

My concept for this idea is like the necromancer from Diablo II. Sure my character may use some "questionable" tactics (animate dead, commanding undead) but in the end is opposed to true evil (wanton slaughter, killing innocents, killing just to kill and such).

Description from Diablo II: From the steamy recesses of the southern swamps comes a figure cloaked in mystery. The Necromancer, as his name implies, is an unseemly form of sorcerer whose spells deal with the raising of the dead and the summoning and control of various creatures for his purposes. Though his goals are often aligned with those of the forces of Light, some do not think that these ends can justify his foul means. Long hours of study in dank mausolea have made his skin pale and corpselike, his figure, skeletal. Most people shun him for his peculiar looks and ways, but none doubt the power of the Necromancer, for it is the stuff of nightmares.

Any help would be appreciated