PDA

View Full Version : Help finishing my Warlord

Feint's End
2014-09-21, 09:05 AM
So I have been invited to join a friend's fresh 3.5 campaign set in his homebrew world since 2 players can't make it to the sessions anymore. We are now 3 players with the other 2 being a Cleric and a Sorceror.

After talking to my DM he oked me playing a Warlord (skills translated to 3.5 but otherwise as written) and also oked me being an Azata Aasimar (great since I have good stats now). I'll also fighting with a special spear using the statistics of a Rapier and being finesseable (so basically a reflavoured rapier used in 2 hands).

Now I need some suggestions on finishing this Character. I want to focus on mobility and support. I'll start at level 1 and the rest of the group is level 2 (DM told me I can catch up via bonus exp). What I have so far is:

My stats are: 13, 17, 14, 12, 12, 11 before modifiers. I put them like this 13, 19, 12, 12, 11, 16 (charisma is more important for me)

Skills focus is Diplomacy, Jump and Tumble with the others spread around a bit (might change depending on suggestions)

Feats are Weaponfinesse and Deadly Agility (those 2 are pretty much locked in)

Gambits: Acrobatic (to restore reliable) and Unbreakable (this one is amazing in my opinion)

Now as for maneuvers and stances. I also got the ok to swap one of my schools for either Veiled Moon or Silver Crane. Which of those two would you pick?
Currently I tend to favour Silver Crane since the Stance is amazing and some healing will do a lot of good (also 1d6+3 is really not too shaby at those early levels) -> the cleric can spare the slots to buff/debuff.
On the other hand Veiled Moon has some damn cool maneuvers including teleportation which I'm a sucker for.

Maneuvers I have so far are (1 maneuver and 1 stance left):
Leaping Dragon (swift action move mainly), Offensive Roll (minor dmg bonus also it should work with Acrobatic Gambit), Red Zephyr's Strike (more movement is always nice), Pride Movement (movement for allies is nice for support), Encouraging Roar (I know the boni fall behind quickly but at early levels this is good to make sure the cleric and I hit our targets)

Any suggestions on which school to choose, my chosen maneuvers and/or other parts of the build?