PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Battle Cleric (lvl 15)

JohnStone
2014-09-21, 09:56 AM
Hello all, I am starting a lvl 15 campaign soon. I would like some advice on how to polish up my build ideas for a Battle Cleric. There are 9 PCs representing the 9 alignments, I am the LG "Paladin". We must work together to overthrow the 9 current gods and take thier place.

The Rules:
2 Traits, 2 Flaws
Free LA +2 (race or template) the "Saint" template has been DM Approved :smallsmile:
Point Buy is 1:1 (No Limit)(base 6 + 54pts) I am hoping to make Wis a Super Stat
Deity restrictions are hand-waved as long as you match the alignment (Ordained Champion)
I can worship an ideal and choose my favored weapon (Spiked Chain ?)

I am thinking:
Lesser Aasimar "Saint"
Cloistered Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5/ Prestige Paladin 2/ Sacred Excorcist 4

Turn Undead:
i want to keep all 15 levels to power the ordained champion Smite anything ability.

WIS (The Super Stat):
Saint gives me Wis to AC (with armor)
Paladin/Serenity gets divine grace and LOH
OC 5 gets me WIS to ATK/DMG (Limited)

Battle Strategy: (Not sure where to go here)
Lockdown- the LE guy is a Crusader/Vindicator (might be nice to have 2)
Mounted Charger- Probably dont have enough feats to buff my pitiful mount and pick up spirited charge.
Uber Charger- probably better for a barbarian build ( i dont get jump) (but i do have smite anything)
Caster- I have lost 3 CL but i do have spontaneous rapid war spells.

All in All i am thinking Spiked Chain mini lockdown (Combat reflexes, Standstill) and using my turns to cast.

I know its a mess right now thats why i need to polish it up.
Thanks

JohnStone
2014-09-21, 02:38 PM
Hmmm. seems the big decision is what kind of battle strategy to use on this casting tank.

So lets try this:

Reach Lockdown: (Spiked Chain)
can use reach weapon with Combat reflexes to cast and attack with AoO.
the problem here is that at high levels improved trip isn't very effective. but i could still control the battlefield without using up my actions.

Mounted Charger: (Lance)
this is very Iconic if i can figure out a way to get a decent paladin mount with only 2 levels of Prestige Paladin.
I have been trying to read up on leadership to see if it can boost my mount somehow.
problem is I cant cast and charge at the same time.

Full Attacker: (Greatsword)
Could grab travel devotion and perform full attacks but again doesn't exactly break the action economy.

The more i think about it the more i think a "Reach Caster" is the way to go.