PDA

View Full Version : How would you build druid that acts as a mount?

Rfkannen
2014-09-21, 04:54 PM
So I have heard the idea of a druid serving as a mount tossed around which got me thinking, what what be the best way to build a dedacated mount?

My best guess would be hill dwarf, barbarian 1, moon druid 19. Feats would be charger, durable, sentinel, mage slayer, athlete

not sure what forms would work best, actualy now that I think about it I am not sure what can be a mount...

Yorrin
2014-09-21, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with that level of barbarian? My best guess is that you're trying to get unarmored defense in animal form, which is still a debatable issue. Check with your DM before trying that.

Rfkannen
2014-09-21, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with that level of barbarian? My best guess is that you're trying to get unarmored defense in animal form, which is still a debatable issue. Check with your DM before trying that.

Eh I was doing it for rage, also if the rider ever died just go into giant ape mode, grab an axe and start killing. On second look druid 20 would be better.

Naanomi
2014-09-21, 07:38 PM
Depending on what you are trying to do, monk and/or Barb might increase move speed

Giant2005
2014-09-21, 11:33 PM
Personally, I think that any Druid that plans on being Wildshaped for long periods of time needs to have a level of Warlock for the free Telepathy. Imo, anything that can't communicate isn't really playable - that Druid wouldn't actually be much more than a regular mount.

pwykersotz
2014-09-22, 04:05 AM
Personally, I think that any Druid that plans on being Wildshaped for long periods of time needs to have a level of Warlock for the free Telepathy. Imo, anything that can't communicate isn't really playable - that Druid wouldn't actually be much more than a regular mount.

I dunno, the druid in my game goes full Mr. Bearington.

"Rawr rar arraour, rawra rrrraahr rarrr."

Seriously, the player says that.

Then he nods or shakes his head to yes or no questions, and draws symbols in the dirt with his claws if more detail is needed. It's great fun.