PDA

View Full Version : Bloodnight Group 2 IC

SaintRidley
2014-09-21, 07:04 PM
The five of you find yourself in the atrium of a grand hall, the Athel's Council hall. It is large, with floors of stained glass and living trees for walls, providing a canopy ceiling. The leaves rustle in the wind, and a little ray of sunlight pokes through the canopy to shine on a statue of Althaea Amastacia. The bulk of the statue is marble, but her eyes are rubies and her hair cloth of gold which moves with the breeze. The hall is located near the Bay of Ramshead, where the peninsula forks.

You have been summoned here, but the reason why you still do not know. You only know that you are here as a matter of security, that the athel Gert Villisvin has determined that you are the ones who should investigate matters on behald of the council. The elves who pass you buy seem quite busy and rebuff any attempts to speak with you as you wait.

A young woman in silk robes approaches. "it will be just five more minutes. Thank you for your patience," she says before she wanders off, turning off between two trees toward a meeting hall.

Welcome to Bloodnight, Group 2! Whereas Group 1 started in a fairly unsavory position, you guys get to hang out in an Elven council hall. Pretty swanky.

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?373114-Bloodnight-Group-2-OOC).

Shall we play a game?

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-21, 09:51 PM
A young woman in silk robes approaches. "it will be just five more minutes. Thank you for your patience," she says before she wanders off, turning off between two trees toward a meeting hall

Adrian dips his head politely, "Thank you, mi'lady" and fidgets with his uniform while looking about the room. Formal meetings with nobility tended to make him nervous. "Why would the Athels summon me, just a minor officer and a human one at that, to this grand hall?"

"At least I won't have to wait much longer to find out"

Sandviper
2014-09-22, 08:36 AM
Immeral has walked through this hallways many times before, just standing there brings many memories back, running and playing as a child. Being summoned here is not a first either... but this time is diferent... something doesn't feels right, an elve running behind schedule... not typical... or even if it was... they woulndn't give an explanation.. "five more minutes...." those words are srucked in his mind...

I look streight to her eyes, she's talking like of she didn't knew who i was, with a kind nod of my head i reply please lead the way... i'll take on your offer of a game.

Galen
2014-09-22, 10:47 AM
Erevan stopped to marvel the statue, distracted to the point of almost missing what the young woman had to say. Snapping out of his contemplation, he slowly turned to examine his future companion from the corner of his eye. Why those people? He wondered. What do we have in common?

Filtro
2014-09-22, 11:18 AM
Kirkain felt claustrophobic and upset about being inside buildings and around people. Nervous and nearly psychotic, the moon elf couldn't manage to stop moving, rubbing and/or making gestures with his hands..."I do not care for your games. The sooner I get out of this place, the better. Let's learn what's really important here and let's go and solve it...ouside!

Beige
2014-09-23, 10:40 AM
Densai felt overwhelmed stood within the grand hall, awed by the splendor of the surroundings - it was like nothing he'd ever seen, and he felt far to out of place here. It was all so...big. Densai smiled weakly at the others gathered, but tried not to mee their eyes; these men and women had earned their place, he'd just been unlucky enough to have it thrust upon him -just a twist of fate.

Ha, plebian fool, thou knowst thine life was most improved by mine patronage, and thou shame is disgraceful for one of mine lineage; This paltry hovel lacks the splendor of even my smallest halls - and when I art restored, I will show thee true spelndour boasted the voice in his head, the reason he was here. Densai just sighed, it was a spiel he had heard a hundred times, and he doubted his "patron's" words rang true, more than his ego.

"Shall we play a game?" he heard his host ask. Unsure of how to respond in this situation, he just said the first thing to come to mind.

"That sounds fun."

SaintRidley
2014-09-23, 01:15 PM
OOC - "Shall we play a game" wasn't meant to be said by anyone in world, just me invoking the voice of DM.

The young woman returns. "Please, follow me," she says.

She leads you to a room off to the left. It's quiet in here, magically safeguarded from the noise of the hall. A tall elf with silver hair and gray eyes looks at you. His finery suggests he is the current monarch, Gert Villisvin - this year is the fourteenth of his reign.

"Welcome, welcome. Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Gert Villisvin, and I would like to hire you to help me find my son, Caine. He disappeared a week ago from the city of Naselenor, down on the southern horn of the peninsula. My advisors feel that ye aren young up and comers who may have aspirations toward being athels one day."

He looks around the room, and his eyes settle on Immeral.

"Immeral, thou knowest thyself true, my young eorl. Thy father thinketh it time that thou shouldst prove thyself."

He resumes his survey of the room, and his eyes light upon Adrian. The nervousness of the lone human is palpable.

"Worry not, my boy. Thou mayst find a place in the nobility as well. I am introducing a new motion to the council this year to grant humans representation on the council of athels. For fifteen hundred years our people have shared this peninsula, and it is high time that the council recognize that the humans aren part of our society."

He looks around the room once again. With a snap of his fingers, he conjures the image of a young elf, perhaps 150 years or so of age. His hair is fair gold, and his eyes a deep blue. He carries a rapier, and he wears white silks.

"This is my son Caine. He disappeared, and I want to know who took him. Our seers can find no trace of him. I have hired a ship for you to take to the Little Islands - they say there is great magic, more powerful than we can manage here, in the tower of Lavinia the Oracle. Few dare to approach the old Towers anymore, so I cannot say what dangers await you. I can only promise that if ye can find information on Caine, I will make all of you athels."

So, just for reference - when doing noblespeak:
Thou is singular, subject. Thee is singular, object. Thy/thine is for belonging to thee, thy before words starting with consonant sounds (thy place), thine before words starting with vowel sounds (thine own, thine honor).

Ye is plural, subject. You is plural, object. Your is belonging to you.

Verbs ending in -(e)th are third person singular (end in -s in modern English), -(e)st second person singular. If issuing a command to an individual, you just drop the -(e)st (Thou stirrest, stir thyself)

For to be: I am, thou art, he/she/it is, we been / I was, thou were, he/she/it were, we/ye/they weren

Past tense for give is gaf.

Don't take this to be anal or anything - I'm just a medievalist who cares.

Galen
2014-09-23, 01:51 PM
Erevan listens intently to the monarch, and winces only slightly at the mention of allowing humans at the council of the athels. That's quite a departure from tradition ... he hopes the monarch knows what he's doing. When the image of Caine flashes before him, the elf regains his focus. The prospect of losing the prince and breaking the chain of succession could be far worse ...

He kneels before Gert. We shall not disappoint you, your majesty. We shall lay down our lives to find your son, if need be.

Erevan travels light - all his gear is already on him, and he's ready to depart to the ship when the rest of his companions are.

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-23, 02:25 PM
Adrian is taken aback by the king's words. "An Athel? Me?"It was not a possibility that had ever occurred to him before. "What possible reason could they have for picking me of all people?"

Setting his confusion aside for the time, Adrian falls to his knees alongside the elven warrior. "An attack on the royal family is an attack on the kingdom. I swore an oath to protect this kingdom, your Majesty. I will find your son or die trying. You have my word"

Filtro
2014-09-23, 03:19 PM
Kirkain seemed to have somewhat calmed himself as he listened...He couldn't believe these civilized men were trying to buy his power with promises of titles. He caught Gert Villisvin's attention, pointing a finger at him: "I have no interest in titles, good man. They are useless in the wilds. Maybe one day you will learn this...I will gladly help you find your boy, but I refuse to take part in your little "society", especially as a reward for doing what's right and needs to be done..."

He then turned to others, "If I am to travel with you, you should know I do not want to be your friend and that gold means nothing to me. I also have little patience for waiting indoors, so let's get moving already."

Sandviper
2014-09-23, 04:34 PM
Immeral listens carefully to his father... as if there was some kind of secret message within those simple words he said, but replies nothing. simply expecting that his father would understand the meaning of it.
Quietly he admired the responses of the people lined next to him... finding them quiet intriguing, specialy this so called kirkain... There coulnd´t be a better example of mediocrity. Always shielding them selves with harsh words, denying their ambition for power, and of course... always doing ¨what needs to be done¨..

Then by all means, Sir Kirkain, Lord of the wilds. GO!... you can do this all by yourself, right? ¨it is just after all, what needs to be done isn´t it?¨, so if you don´t like waithing for us, the please... by all means LEAVE! I´ll give you a head start... but please never come back ,and never look back. Last time i checked you where not tied down or in chains.
Don´t worry we are not here to make friends... And at least from my part you can rest reassured that i´m not remotedly interested in being yours.

As for gold and ¨titles¨... its an easy choise. Since you are traveling by yourself now..any richness you find... just leave it right where you find it.
But if you decide to travel with us... and let me make that clear for you... YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH US...nothe other way around, any treasure, gem, artifact or what ever we find along our journey... WON´T BE SHARED WITH YOU.

So now... please, keep quiet, before they trow you in the dungeons.

Immeral then looks at his father... ¨apologies for the interumption My lord...¨

Galen
2014-09-23, 05:06 PM
Erevan gasps at the insolence of his fellow Elf. Every man for himself already? Bad omen to start the journey. And how dare he speak to the monarch like that? His muscles tense up as he waits for a command to punish Kirkain, or least give him a healthy rebuff... but Immeral takes the initiative to say everything Erevan was thinking, and far more eloquently. The archer just nods with appreciation.

Filtro
2014-09-23, 07:57 PM
Kirkain smiles as Immeral responds with rage. "I understand why it revolts you to be disrespected. But why does it revolt you so that I do not require titles and material possesions as compensation for doing what's right? Those are not my ways.
I will travel in your company, and you can keep the treasure. Just don't expect me to pretend to like you or show respect for your civilized ways. Take it as it comes. You should not lose your temper because of it."

I'm rolling persuasion to try and calm Immeral down =) [roll0]

SaintRidley
2014-09-24, 12:11 AM
OOC: Social skills don't work on other PCs. And a reminder that the elven monarch is elected - there is no hereditary succession

Gert pinches the bridge of his nose. "Enough. I do not need for ye to like each other, nor to respect each other. I need my son back."

He looks to Immeral. "Thou hast no power to command here, Immeral. Not today. Not yet. Perhaps not ever. I do not read the future."

He turns his steely gaze over to Kirkain. "As for thee, Wildlord. Gold and titles may not interest thee, and I grant it that thou mayst live as thou wilt. I would not press into thy unwilling hands unwanted gifts. I thank thee for thy willing assistance, however. Take this not as a bribe, but as an offer born of gratitude. I hereby rescind thy exile, imposed by the monarch Tania Alaria. Thou mayst visit thy mother and father again, I swear truly. Do not think this the idea of a mad elf; we must change our ways, all of us, or even the Wall will not be able to protect us."

Sandviper
2014-09-24, 08:50 AM
Apologies. Immeral lowers his head, in signal of respect. Is there anything else that you requie from us my lord? If not... we better get in our way.

Beige
2014-09-24, 06:08 PM
well, this will be fun, though Densai, overhearing the row between two of the others chosen. A handful of us, picked from everywhere within the wall and sent to poke around in the home of one of the strongest mages in history; we're all going to die a horrible, horrible death, and we can't even say no without having to say it to the ruler of the land...

though if anyone knew a way to get an ancestor out of your head, it would likely be the council...

"I'll be happy to offer what little help I can - though I doubt I'll be much help, my lord, besides maybe a badly performed song or two to rouse our spirits." He said, with an air of resignation, before turning to the two arguing lords with a weak smile "I'm sure our wild-lord meant no insult, he just speaks rather plainly - a trait more of us should probably share, I'll admit. But if the saga of the great heroes has taught us anything, we'll only succeed by working together. I can sing you that verse, if it helps."

The shall we play a game line was misleading however, as it was outside the OOC spoiler, and in a font that in your post had only been used for speech. :smalltongue:

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-24, 09:27 PM
"I must agree with the Eorl. The sooner we set out, the better chance we have of achieving our objective"

SaintRidley
2014-09-24, 10:46 PM
"If there are no more questions, then, ye may leave. I have a ship waiting for you at the port on the Bay of Ramshead," Gert says. He smiles, the first true smile you've seen of him "Ye have my thanks."

As you step outside from the council of the athels, you find yourself staring down a forest path leading west toward the Bay of Ramshead and the ports, about ten miles distant. There's not usually much trouble on this road - sometimes an animal may get aggressive, and the rare caravan is waylaid by who knows who, but this is not known as a very troubled road.

Indeed, the first two miles of the journey are uneventful. But in this third mile, you find a broken down wagon with no horses in sight. An old woman and her daughter are arguing in Elvish.

"I told you we should have hired somebody as a guard! What are we supposed to do without our horses? the younger woman shouts.

"A guard wouldn't've done nothing for us we didn't do ourselves, Aira. And what do we do? We pull the cart ourselves. It's got wheels, and we need to get these apples to port before they overripen and go bad on us," the old woman says.

Galen
2014-09-25, 01:29 AM
What happened to the horses, if I may ask, Ladies?

SaintRidley
2014-09-25, 10:37 PM
"Some brigands with swords is what happened," Aira responds. "Are you here for the apples then? Because you might as well have them for all the good they're doing us."

"You hush, Aira," her mother says. "Are you suggesting you can do something about it?" she asks.

Beige
2014-09-26, 01:05 AM
"We might be able to do something. we can try at least - I mean, we're all heading for the port, and if we can lend a hand..."

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-26, 06:19 AM
"Which way did these brigands go? We may be on a schedule but I don't see how we can just leave bandits to prey upon the travelers here. If we can track them down, we may be able to retrieve the horses."

Sandviper
2014-09-26, 08:14 AM
Immeral stands a little behind the rest of the groups eavesdropping as the conversation goes on. He's not as trusty as the rest of the group...
Could this be some kind of ambush?? Immeral thinks.. and taking a look a round he tries to identify any possible sings of an ambush..
Are there indeed any footprings oh horses around? any signs of battle.... or any disturbances like that?

Perception [roll0]

If no sings... Immeral aproaches the ladies. Greetings travelers, i am Immeral... what could two beautiful woman like your selves be doing in a road as dangerous as this one.. with out any company?? And where where you headed?
Immeral the gives them time to answer those questions...
Mean while discretly he keeps his left hand in his left dagger...

SaintRidley
2014-09-26, 10:28 AM
"They went that way," Aira points west toward the port. "Turned right down the road where it forks."

Immeral sees some footprints in the gravel of the road, coming from the direction of the wood. It's difficult to tell how many bandits, but at least two. Just as the women say, there's a trail of hoofprints leading west.

Filtro
2014-09-26, 11:12 AM
"Ladies. I believe that when a man steals, something must be taken from him as punishment.", Kirkain will never say no to injusticed ladies in need of help. He starts walking west. After a while, he stops and faces the group, "I believe we all do..."

Filtro
2014-09-26, 11:14 AM
[roll0]

To follow the tracks.

Galen
2014-09-26, 12:19 PM
Friends, we're on a mission here, and can't be distracted by a brigand hunt. I will gladly help the ladies get to safety, even put my back into pulling the cart for them, but following the outlaws goes directly against what we all have just promised to our ruler - to put finding his son our top priority.

We should get to the harbor and report the robbery to the authorities.

Sandviper
2014-09-26, 02:45 PM
Immeral looks at erevan with some kind of relief... as he spoke the words he was just about to...Indeed... My ladies, i´m sorry for what happend to you, but i can´t let this interfere with what our bussines demands of us. If anything... you can travel with us, to the next safe place... there our path will separate.

where are you headed? immeral moves past the females slowly starting to walk towars his original path.

Filtro
2014-09-26, 04:22 PM
"Pff...typical civilized people..."

SaintRidley
2014-09-26, 05:41 PM
"We was heading for the ports to sell our apples," the old woman says. "Might have to sell the cart too so we can afford a horse," she mutters.

"Oh we aren't selling the cart," Aira hisses. "We won't be able to carry our wares to port if we don't have a cart, and Sar doesn't live close enough to build us a new one anymore."

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-26, 07:45 PM
"Brigands on the road, in the very heartland. My men fight and die at the Wall to keep these lands safe and yet, there are wolves already among the pasture. I understand that time is pressing but we cannot just let them run free, to prey on more unsuspecting travelers. We must at least attempt to bring them to justice."

SaintRidley
2014-09-28, 10:15 PM
You hear the faint sound of hooves, growing louder as you argue amongst each other. The two women duck for cover in some shrubs by the side of the road.

"They're comin back!" Aira's mother shouts. "They're comin back to finish the job!"

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-29, 06:16 AM
"Good, here I was thinking we'd have to go after them. Please ladies, take cover. We'll have this settled in a jiffy."

Adrian draws his greatsword and positions himself between the approaching sound and the wagon.

Filtro
2014-09-29, 06:40 AM
Kirkain readies Ray of Frost. He shoots it if the women recognize the horses as theirs and the riders as the bandits, once they approach.
[roll0]
[roll1]
I'm not sure if I add my proficiency bonus to this,if so,+2
[roll2]

Sandviper
2014-09-29, 07:54 AM
Immeral quickly turns towards the incoming sound... Ladies, please take cover... this can turn out really badly.. and draws his shortbow ready to shoot.

[roll0]

Galen
2014-09-29, 12:31 PM
Erevan grits his teeth and nocks an arrow in his bow, ready to take on whatever comes.
Initiative [roll0]

SaintRidley
2014-09-30, 12:13 AM
You see two hooded riders crest the hill up ahead in the distance, about 70 feet from you. "That's them!" Aira cries.

OOC note: I've got you guys on initiative. Better to keep things moving.

Kirkain: 6
Erevan: 23
Bandits: [roll0]
Densai: [roll1]
Adrian: [roll2]
Immeral: [roll3]

And initiative order is:

All of you guys
Bandits

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09W8rnh3_1dEhfVS1xbHFSVVJMVDBPSkZOYlNjd 1E&usp=sharing)

Note: If you can't quite figure out making your token on the map, that's okay. Just post a picture you'd like to use in the OOC thread and I'll get it in there for you.

So everyone is up.

Kirkain's ray of frost misses, landing just to the right of one of the bandits' horses. (and yes, Kirkain, your spell attack rolls include proficiency bonus).

Everyone else, your turn.

Galen
2014-09-30, 01:15 AM
Light of Selune, help me strike true. Erevan steps to the left of the path, as not to have Adrian in the way, and lets the arrow fly, aiming it at the rider on the left.
[roll0] dmg [roll1]

Sandviper
2014-09-30, 12:07 PM
Here we go... Immeral aims and shoots his bow, afterwards he moves into the bushes, and hides.

atk:[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2]

SaintRidley
2014-09-30, 12:54 PM
Nota bene - do let me know which one you're shooting at between the two you can see.

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-30, 04:16 PM
Adrian raises his left hand and barks a word of power, sending a bolt of fire hurtling toward the left side rider.

Adrian casts Firebolt
[roll0]
[roll1]

Afterwards he assumes a martial stance and prepares to meet their charge.

SaintRidley
2014-09-30, 04:38 PM
Erevan and Immeral's arrows launch at the bandit, striking and piercing each shoulder. As if to finish the job, Adrian's firebolt explodes in the bandit's face. The bandit falls off from the horse at the top of the hill, the other bandit still riding forth.

Densai and Kirkain, still your turn.

Filtro
2014-10-01, 04:08 AM
Didn't the ray of frost thing counted as my turn?

SaintRidley
2014-10-01, 09:10 AM
Ah, you're right. Filtro, you're good. My bad.

SaintRidley
2014-10-06, 10:35 AM
Unless and until we hear back from Beige, I'll be keeping Densai running so we can move forward. Nothing invasive, just basic combat stuff, that way if Beige wants to come back the character is pretty well preserved.

Also, if you guys want pictures on the map, give me pics in the OOC thread, please.

Densai holds up a hand a takes aim at the remaining horsethief.
[roll0]
[roll1]

It hits, square in the chest. The bandit keeps coming on strong, though.

The dead bandit's horse runs off. The other bandit keeps his horse galloping forward, shooting at Kirkain with a crossbow.

[roll2] or [roll3]
[roll4]

Kirkain, I'm rolling a Con save for you if this hits. [roll5]

The bolt hits Kirkain, just missing his heart. He's out, like a light. Kirkain, you'll need to make a death saving throw (just a d20) on your next turn. A DC 10 Wis (Medicine) check will stabilize Kirkain too, everybody, so you might consider that on your next turn.

Your moves, everybody (Kirkain, I might advise waiting to see if you get stabilized before making the death saving throw).

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-06, 06:23 PM
Your moves, everybody (Kirkain, I might advise waiting to see if you get stabilized before making the death saving throw).

Adrian curses under his breath as Kirkain goes down to the bandit's bolt. He can't take the time to check if the elf is alive or dead, not with the rider bearing down on them.

"Come on you bastard!" he shouts, as he sends another bolt of fire tearing out toward the bandit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

SaintRidley
2014-10-06, 06:49 PM
The bandit falls from the horse, half his face burnt to a crisp. On closer inspection, you see a mask burnt to the face, and white hair.

He's dead, Jim.

Galen
2014-10-06, 08:37 PM
Everything happened so fast - the rush of blood, clatter of hooves, allies and enemies moving all around him... Erevan barely nocked the second arrow in his bow, and already there was no one to fight, with two riderless horses running idly around. Well, we showed those miscreants. And then he saw it. Kirkain! He ran to the Moon Elf's help. Apply pressure on the wound, apply pressure on the wound, apply pressure ...

Medicine [roll0]

SaintRidley
2014-10-06, 11:24 PM
Kirkain is stable, but you'll need to get some healing to him or get a chance to set up camp.

You're only a couple of miles from the port, so if you can round up the horses you can be there in about forty-five minutes.

Filtro
2014-10-07, 07:59 AM
As the arrow pierced his chest, Kirkain lost his sight and feverish visions of red wild demons came in dream. The visions finally stopped, and there was only emptiness and a whisper speaking words he could not understand. He was unconscious in the material world, but these visions were vivid and he could feel the cold smell of decay.

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-07, 09:05 PM
Seeing that Kirkain is out of any immediate danger, Adrian retrieves the horses and investigates the fallen bandits.

"Why would two bandits attack an obviously well armed party of travelers? Even if we were farmers they shouldn't have tried something like this without more men."

SaintRidley
2014-10-07, 09:55 PM
The mask is fused to the nearby bandit's face, but his hands are unmistakably black as night. As you rifle through the nearby bandit's pockets, you find a couple coins and a potion flask. A quick taste confirms it as a healing potion.

At once you hear a muffled scream.

When you turn toward the source, you see two more bandits in the bushes. One has a hand around Aira's mother's mouth and a sword pressed to Aira's throat. The other one points a finger and engulfs you in darkness.

Immeral and Erevan can see, but neither can see through the cloud of darkness.

"We have no quarrel with you, surface dwellers. We needed only acquire some beasts of burden and put them to work. Alas, you killed two of ours. Let us see how you feel if we do the same to you."

Erevan and Adrian, your turn.

Initiative order:
Erevan
Adrian
Bandits
Immeral
Densai

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09W8rnh3_1dEhfVS1xbHFSVVJMVDBPSkZOYlNjd 1E&usp=sharing#gid=0)

Galen
2014-10-07, 11:09 PM
I know who you are. Erevan speaks in elven. Your dark skins and darker hearts betray you. You shall leave here empty handed, if you shall be allowed to leave at all. He circles the cloud of darkness from the south, and faces the bandits, arrow nocked. Let the women be or join your friends in whatever kind of hell exists for such as you.

Move to O19. Readied action to attack a bandit if they take any offensive action or try to flee. (arrow +8, 1d8+4 damage)

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-09, 06:02 PM
Adrian curses again as everything goes dark. He steps out of the darkness and moves around the side opposite Erevan. "You cannot defeat us. You cannot escape us. Your only chance is to let them go. Let them go and we will not follow. Kill them, and I promise I will burn you alive."

Intimidate: [roll0]
Ready a Firebolt on the bandit if he kills a woman or attacks us.
[roll1]
[roll2]

SaintRidley
2014-10-11, 12:01 AM
"You do us an injustice," one says. "We are no more damned than you - you only found out more recently than we did. My people survived millennia of being damned by the world before the Defiler was even born, and you, surface swellers, have had so little time to get used to the idea that you too are damned." Her voice shakes with conviction.

"While your people are overrun by the dead and descend into the chaos which plagued my people in generations past, we are at long last free to self-determine. And while we piss on your society, we again have no quarrel with you if you will leave us be and let us take the tools needed to rebuild. You have plenty, and we have naught. Kazim," she says.

Suddenly, they disappear in a great cloud of darkness, just like what engulfed you all just a second ago.

"Caine Villisvin is only the beginning."

You hear a scream, and some footsteps, and then nothing but Aira's sobbing.

About a half a minute later the darkness dissipates.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09W8rnh3_1dEhfVS1xbHFSVVJMVDBPSkZOYlNjd 1E&usp=sharing#gid=0).

Galen
2014-10-13, 12:02 PM
The bastards got away. Erevan is practically shaking with fury as he covers the distance to Aira in a few leaps. Are you alright? Did you get a chance to see which way they headed?

Erevan provides first aid to Aira, if she's in need of such, then starts looking for tracks, broken branches, trampled grass, any signs of where the kidnappers went.

Survival [roll0]

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-14, 01:56 PM
Adrian rushes into the darkness even as the drow casts his spell, but alas, he is not fast enough. When the shadows clear, the drow are nowhere to be scene.

OOC: Is Aria's mother dead, or taken with the drow?

SaintRidley
2014-10-16, 11:01 PM
Aira's alive, just shocked and terrified. Her mother, however, has her throat slit, and she's bleeding freely. Erevan tracks the bandits' steps - they leave enough of a trail for even an amateur tracker to follow - but he comes to a clearing and finds nothing there, no sign of where they went.

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-20, 06:53 AM
Adrian moves to assist Erevan. Hopefully there's still time to save the woman.

OOC: Using the Help action to grant Advantage on the Medicine check.

SaintRidley
2014-10-26, 04:59 PM
Adrian's quick thinking helps staunch the bleeding. She's unconscious, but it's not hopeless.

The darkness begins to dissipate. You've got one man down as well as a civilian in critical condition. How do you want to proceed?

Bayonet Priest
2014-10-27, 04:36 PM
"We can't waste any time. We need to get these people to a healer."

Adrian makes ready the wagon and carefully loads the injured woman on board.

OOC: if there are no objections I suggest we make our way to town as quickly as possible.

SaintRidley
2014-11-01, 02:44 PM
There aren't any more ambushes on the road, and you first stop at a healing house. A woman dressed in all gray greets you.

"How can we help you?" she asks, as she begins rifling through her gown for some potions.

Galen
2014-11-02, 04:19 PM
We were attacked by despicable drow, these two were hurt. Can you do anything for them, sister?

Bayonet Priest
2014-11-02, 10:19 PM
Adrian helps the wounded into the healing house.

SaintRidley
2014-11-04, 09:52 PM
"We'll minister their wounds, travelers. The drow have been in turmoil for a very long time - I worry that if they have started to return to the surface, things may be dire for them... and us. Do you have time? The mother superior would be interested in knowing what you can tell her."

Bayonet Priest
2014-11-13, 09:13 AM
"Thank you, my lady. We would like to speak to your mother superior, although we must be quick about it. We are on an important mission for the king and we cannot delay long."