PDA

View Full Version : Persona-SotVD: "I Vowed."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 04:48 AM
This thread is Tsubaki-Asami Rank 10. As evidence, Ranks 1-9 are as follows; Moving In (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?365959-Persona-In-The-Playground-Secret-Of-The-Velvet-Door-Moving-In), Shopping (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367035-Get-In-Loser-We-re-Going-Shopping-SotVD), Fresh Lunch (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367430-Persona-SotVD-Fresh-Lunch), Morning Exercise (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369220-Morning-Exercise-Persona-in-the-Playground-%28Social-Link%29), Into the House of Flowers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369319-Into-the-House-of-Flowers-Persona-in-the-Playground-%28Social-Link%29), Arcade Secret (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370159-Persona-SotVD-Arcade-Secret[/url), Unfair Odds (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?371237-Persona-SotVD-Unfair-Odds), Sleepless Tiger, A Warrior's Lullaby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?371517-Sleepless-Tiger-A-Warrior-s-Lullaby-Persona-in-the-Playground-%28Social-Link%29), Something Fishy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?371792-Persona-SotVD-Something-Fishy).
Starting time setting: Evening, same day as Velvet Torment. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372543-Persona-SotVD-Velvet-Torment)Wandering the halls of the dorm briefly to get something to eat, Asami looks a lot better than she has the last few weeks. The air about her is tranquil rather than oppressive, and the glow in her eyes has gone out to be replaced with hope. She tilts her head as she spots Tsubaki and weakly smiles. With a very slow gait, Asami walks up to her friend, stares into her eyes for a moment as if reading her very soul, and wraps her tightly in a close embrace. Like that she stands silently for over a minute before whispering in her soft, natural voice, "I'm okay."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 05:01 AM
Tsubaki had been waiting for Asami to return. Not expecting to talk with her, or even be acknowledged, as she just wanted to check up on her friend again. The recent situation and her inability to do anything had been causing her frustration that she did her best not to let show. In response to Asami's embrace, she tightly hugs back. "Wanna talk about it?"

Kioku
2014-09-22, 05:04 AM
Asami clings tighter to her friend and rests her head on top of Tsubaki's. "Later."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 05:14 AM
Tsubaki smiles gently and pats Asami's back. "No worries, whenever you want to talk, I'm here."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 05:18 AM
Asami closes her eyes with a genuine smile and leans her head down to nuzzle against Tsubaki's cheek before kissing it. "I know." You always are. And I know you always will be.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 05:41 AM
A few days later, entrance to the Kuroki household.

"Thanks for coming along. Chika wanted to see you again." Tsubaki kicks off her shoes and walks out of the entryway, greeted by a little sister sailing into her, concluding with a one-armed hug. "You actually brought her along this time!" "I told you I would be able to."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 05:48 AM
She... wanted to see me? Did I worry more people than I thought? "It's... it's nice to see you again." Asami says in nearly a whisper with a heartfelt smile, ducking down to take off her shoes and hug Chika. "I was expected?"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 06:06 AM
Chika gives Asami a big smile. "I have a gift for you later. I meant to get it to you before, but I had to alter it and Onee-chan kept forgetting it here." Chika and Tsubaki chuckle and look at one other for a moment, communicating without words or movement somehow. "Anyway, I'll make some tea. Make yourself comfortable in our room."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 06:18 AM
Asami opens her mouth to reply, pauses, and looks at Tsubaki with her head tilted. After a moment or two she just shrugs and gestures for her friend to lead on, following behind and sitting on the bed next to Tsubaki if she herself sits there. "Thank you for bringing me here... I don't know why, but your home feels peaceful, to me."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 06:45 AM
Tsubaki giggles softly as she lays back on the bed. "It's a nice place. Calm and friendly. Well, unless you're me. Then you have to deal with Rentaro.That's not too hard though."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 07:02 AM
Asami leans over and kisses Tsubaki on the forehead. "No matter the reason, it's nice. I like it. Plus you've an adorable little s-sister who's fun to talk to, so that helps." She giggles a little and lays back next to Tsubaki, knees hanging off the side of the bed. "You know, I think I've seen your brother more lately than I've seen mine."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 06:45 PM
Tsubaki giggles softly at the compliment towards her sister. "Well, you do come with me sometimes, but I don't think I've seen you go to visit your brother, so it makes sense."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 06:54 PM
"Mmh. Well, I suppose we'll all see him in a month or so, right?" Asami turns her head toward her friend and smiles. "How much we see him depends quite a bit on how many times someone decides to drag everyone they can find to the beach, but it's something!"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-22, 11:04 PM
"The beach!?!" Tsubaki's face goes a little pale as the door to the room flies open, Chika having opened it with her leg. "I heard the beach. Do I finally get to get Onee-chan in a swimsuit?" The younger sister puts the tea on the table in the room as she asks. "I don't think so. I don't exactly have the figure for one."

Kioku
2014-09-22, 11:44 PM
Asami shoots a conspiratorial look at Chika. So eager? This should be fun. "Of course you do, Tsubaki! I think it's a lovely idea. If you don't want to buy something, I'm sure we could always make you one..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-23, 12:07 AM
Tsubaki rolls up onto her feet and takes a cup of tea from her sister. "I don't think that will be necessary. I've got the school swimsuit after all. That should be enough, right?"

Kioku
2014-09-23, 12:17 AM
Asami finally sits up to take a cup of tea with a "thank you." She ponders for a moment and shrugs. "I don't see why it wouldn't be. That might actually be easier than trying to fit another one for me, too. I'd just use my old ones that I left at home, but I'm pretty sure that they don't fit anymore..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-23, 06:19 AM
Chika puffs out her cheek in agitation, not wanting to be defeated by such logic. "That won't do at all! You'll end up with tan lines like those of a grade-schooler! Neither of you are naive enough to pull off being that young! Onee-chan, you need to worry about your appearance a bit more!" Tsubaki looked a little surprised at her younger sister's outburst, unsure why she was being so adamant about the swimsuits.

Kioku
2014-09-23, 06:31 AM
Asami blinks rapidly. Young? What would that have to do with... what? "Ah... well, I suppose if you like, we might be able to alter one of my old bikinis when we get there..." Asami bites her lip and shrugs again. "It's not like they'll see any more use any other way. It'll be a serious challenge, but I think one of the all-cloth ones..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-23, 07:01 PM
Tsubaki sighs, defeated. "Alright, alright. If it's so important that I wear a normal swimsuit, I will." She turns to Asami and smiles. "Don't put yourself through the extra work, I'll just buy something that fits. If nothing else, I can just use my sarashi cloth to do something similar for the lower part." "I'm pretty sure that would be a bad idea for your decency if it got wet..."

Kioku
2014-09-23, 07:27 PM
Bad idea for... oh. Oh! Asami goes slightly wide-eyed and blushes. "Yeah, let's not do that. I'm sure you'll find something that works."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-23, 10:07 PM
"I hadn't thought about that. Guess that would bother you, so I'll get one tomorrow, okay?" Chika smiles triumphantly at her sister. "Yay! Oh, before I forget." Chika goes to the closet and pulls out a small box containing the kimono she'd been working on for Asami and places it on the recipient's lap.

Kioku
2014-09-23, 10:46 PM
Bother? You've met me, right? Asami blinks at the sudden box and slowly opens it. "What's... oh!" Her lips part as she stares at the gift. "You... you made this? For me?" She runs a hand over the contents, appreciating the material's smoothness. "I..." Asami sets the box to one side and puts down her tea... then in a flash is holding Chika in a tight embrace and laying a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you... thank you so much... I didn't know if I'd have time to... thank you!"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-24, 02:16 PM
Chika giggles a bit at Asami. "Don't mention it. I have a lot of free time since I can't do archery anymore, so I made that. Yours is patterned after 'Morning'. I had to dye the fabric myself, which was a lot of fun and Onee-chan helped. I made ones for her, myself and Miyuki too."

Kioku
2014-09-24, 02:23 PM
Asami keeps holding Chika and the embrace is progressively becoming a snuggle. "You must be the most wonderful little s-sister anyone could ask for. How did Tsubaki get so lucky?" Somewhere along the way, Asami manages to scoop Chika up, sit on the bed again, and hold the girl in her lap without bumping into anything. "I'm glad you all will have them too... it means that when I ask you to attend the more private, family gathering with me, you'll be well prepared."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-28, 11:14 PM
Chika squeaks as she's pulled into Asami's lap. "That's easy, I love my Onee-chan. She may not be the girliest girl, but she does have some unique charm." Tsubaki's attention was on something in the closet that looked like the edge of a canvas. "Family gatherings? I mean, if we're invited, we'll show. It'd be rude not to after all." "Wait... So you an my precious Onee-chan are...? When did you...? Why didn't you tell me, Onee-chan!" Chika was obviously more focused on the family bit of the statement than anything.

Kioku
2014-09-28, 11:25 PM
Asami removes one arm and uses it to pull Tsubaki close so that those present being to resemble a cuddle pile more than anything. Unique charm? I suppose that's true. Precious? I suppose that's fairly normal, but the others would have had me think... "We're what? It's not like an adoption or anything, I didn't think you'd worry so much about something like this."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-29, 02:53 PM
Chika breathes a relieved sigh. "So you're not... Good." She turns to her big sister. "You aren't allowed to a wife without my permission, Onee-chan! And especially without telling me! Tsubaki goes wide eyed and falls backwards. "A-a wife? Just what are you talking about? I'm not even an adult yet, Chika."

Kioku
2014-09-29, 03:04 PM
Asami blinks in surprise and gives Tsubaki a considering look. A wife? She *did* say I'd make a good one... Asami can't help but giggle. "I just meant that I consider her very, very close. Like..." She shyly looks away, over Chika's shoulder and hugs the girl tight. "Like a sister... I'm sorry Chika, I should have asked you. Can I... share?"

Mokou-tan
2014-09-30, 12:21 AM
Chika thinks for a moment and sighs. "We can share her, I suppose. Her left side has to be mine though." She moves her right arm to emphasize her point. "Something tells me if I wanted a say in this, I wouldn't get one.

Kioku
2014-09-30, 12:36 AM
Asami smiles brightly and squeezes Chika again. "Does that mean if she's your sister, and she's like my sister, then you're like my s-sister too? I... I think..." She glances over at Tsubaki nervously and with a tear trying to escape her eye. Should I mention her in front of Chika? "I t-think Akemi would approve..."

Mokou-tan
2014-09-30, 12:50 AM
Seeing Asami's obvious need of one, Tsubaki hugs the pair from the side. "Of course it does. It'd have to work that way." Chika nods in agreement as her brain processes Akemi's name. It all makes sense now. The problem with the word 'sister' and her difficulty saying that last bit. I may not have seen her face, but I can feel her. "I suppose there's enough room in our bed for you too."

Kioku
2014-09-30, 01:27 AM
Asami doesn't seem like she has any intention of letting go. I do approve, Beloved. They're good for you. Thank you, Tamamo, but... it's just not the same. ... "Thank you..." she whispers. "Thank you for... for giving me family again. I'm glad to have two younger sisters like you." Family who won't try to hide me away, at least.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-01, 02:21 AM
Tsubaki and Chika both shake their heads. "Don't thank us for being ourselves." "Just like we won't ever blame you for being yourself." The two were obviously very in sync, Tsubaki picking up right where Chika left off without missing a beat.

Kioku
2014-10-01, 02:39 AM
A small laugh escapes Asami. "There's something we didn't do. My t-twin and I always knew what the other was thinking, but I was too shy back then to finish her sentences. Imagine me, shy; go ahead, I'll give you a few moments if you think you can." She finally relaxes her hold on Chika a little, to avoid squishing her. "It means so much that you don't mind me being the way I am..." Asami seems like she wants to say more, but is reluctant to do so.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-01, 06:21 PM
"I'd say you could be our triplet, but we're not twins and you're bigger than us." Chika places her hand on Asami's chest and giggles. "In more ways than height. Your numbers were spot on, Onee-chan." Tsubaki pulls a small throwing knife from under the matress on the bed and throws it into a board with several gouges in it. "Of course they were, I'm good at such things."

Kioku
2014-10-01, 06:47 PM
Asami sits stunned and blushing for several moments, not quite sure how to react. Everyone else who has tried that before got the dark glare or Tamamo's deadly invitation, and usually beaten up by their friends with some simple persuasion if they didn't do it to themselves. This is rather different... Even as she's trying to think things through, her natural reaction leads to a spark of dangerous allure in her gaze that refuses to be put down no matter how Asami tries to dampen it. Instead, she closes her eyes, and with them closes off nearly every sign of her feelings - even her body seems to shift toward a neutral state, though not *quite* enough to stop Chika from reading her. "I'm glad to have sisters again... but only one will ever be my twin."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-03, 05:34 PM
Chika looks down at her feet. "Sorry, it wasn't my plan to offend." "It's probably because you're used to dealing with me, Chika. You forgot to pay attention to what you said. It happens."

Kioku
2014-10-03, 05:43 PM
"I know you didn't mean to..." Asami slowly falls backward on the bed without letting go of Chika, and lets out a deep breath. "You... haven't heard the story behind her, so you didn't know how it would affect me. Look at the not-twin-related side of just now though - it's not many people who can get away with putting their hand there. With anyone else I'd take it as an invitation to retaliate in kind, or worse." She finishes, trying to bring a little humor back.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-06, 06:21 PM
Chika giggles at Asami."Retaliate all you want, there's not much to grab. Onee-chan's here, so I have nothing to fear. After all, she'll stop anything bad from happening to me." "Of course, I'm a hero after all. A hero should protect her weaker little sister."

Kioku
2014-10-06, 09:40 PM
"Well, if you insist..." Asami giggles and sticks out her tongue and trying to get even further from the twin topic. "Wait... heeeyyyyy, aren't you supposed to be My hero too? And letting her grab me like this, tsk tsk. If she weren't so adorable I might have been bothered! What would you do then?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-07, 06:12 AM
Tsubaki chuckles at her friend. "I don't see the problem. She looks like I do, after all. Pretend it's me. Actually, that may not make it better. Besides, she's the good little sister, that means I'd do something worse, right?" Chika giggles at her sister's odd logic.

Kioku
2014-10-07, 08:20 PM
Asami raises an eyebrow. "Pretend it's you? Are you saying you'd to this, or worse to me too? And here I thought your love was supposed to be sisterly!" She winks and reaches out a hand to pull Tsubaki over into what is becoming a bit of a cuddle pile. "I mean, you wouldn't do that to Chika, would you? It's not as friend-like as kissing, after all."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-07, 08:30 PM
Tsubaki places her hand on Chika's chest to make a point. "We bathe together fairly often. It's not like I haven't touched them before when washing her. She was just teasing you like a little sister does." Chika nods in agreement. "I only have one arm to use when I bathe, so Onee-chan helps me and I wash her too. It's not that big a deal."

Kioku
2014-10-07, 09:08 PM
"Hmm... that does seem like something I'd do as a tease, maybe. It's pretty different if you're washing, than just sitting like this I mean." Asami gets a wistful look. "I guess I'd forgotten. It's been a long time... and you two act a lot like we did."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-07, 11:41 PM
Tsubaki shrugs slightly as Chika suddenly goes wide-eyed with realization, previously being distracted by backing up her sister's words. Kissing... 'Friend-like'... that means... "You two have been kissing! I knew you thought of my Onee-chan like that! Lily-tribe girl! Taking my Onee-chan's lips! To do it is one thing, to tell me you think of her like a sister afterwards is another! Don't say such things as a coverup story!" Tsubaki is in obvious shock, not used to such outbursts coming from her little sister.

Kioku
2014-10-08, 06:34 AM
Asami blinks several times. Lily tribe? Tsubaki said that meant... so Chika thinks... "But... but that is something normal between sisters, isn't it? Tsubaki, you thought so too, right? I mean, it'd be easy to prove right now." She looks at Tsubaki and points to Chika.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-08, 01:19 PM
Tsubaki scratches the back of her head and chuckles nervously. "I never said that. I said my instincts said it was okay for me to kiss you." "I-Instincts?" Chika looks as though she was about to say more when Tsubaki leans in really close to her. "It can't be helped, right Onee-chan? You have to kiss me." Chika closes her eyes while blushing, waiting for her sister's kiss. "She's okay with it, but I get the feeling this could be bad. I'm going to have to deny your implied request." Chika opens her eyes, a slight tinge of disappointment can be noted on her expression.

Kioku
2014-10-08, 01:31 PM
Those reactions... that disappointment... she really wanted a kiss from Tsubaki. And how she reacted when she thought we had married or something, and that I was trying to seduce her with my 'lily-tribe ways'... Asami gives Chika a very long, contemplative look before her eyes widen slightly and an expression of surprise and understanding come across her face. "How did I miss something like this before?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-08, 02:04 PM
"You say something, Asami?" Tsubaki rolls over to stand and stretch while Chika leans in close to Asami's ear. "Not in front of Onee-chan."

Kioku
2014-10-08, 02:32 PM
Asami gives Chika a small squeeze to show she understands, and seamlessly flows into a half-truth. "Mmh, I was just thinking that I must have misunderstood what you meant about your instincts before, when you said that. I guess maybe it was hopeful thinking, since I feel like, maybe, Akemi and I... but don't worry about that, I think that was a somewhat different case anyway. I didn't really start thinking that way until a few years after... after I lost the chance. So I figured you might have known better than I."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-08, 02:53 PM
Tsubaki chuckles softly. "Asami, that kinda stuff, it's not fighting. When it comes to things that aren't fighting, I'm an idiot, ya know?" She gives a warm smile as she lightly raps on her forehead with her knuckles.

Kioku
2014-10-08, 10:01 PM
"You have excellent instincts, and are smart enough to trust them. Although then again, they *do* have the potential to get you into a lot of 'trouble', so perhaps what you say has a bit of truth to it..." Asami giggles and taps Tsubaki's head in kind. "I still think on the whole, you're perfectly well smart though, and right to trust yourself. 'The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.'"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-09, 09:56 PM
Chika giggles a little. "Onee-chan's an animal, running off instinct. She bites too. Once she een ate my science project..." Tsubaki sighs at the fact Chika revealed. "Never going to let that go, are ya? It looked like food, was in the fridge and tasted better than anything I could make. Can you blame me?" Chika looks at Tsubaki with a completely serious look. "Yes, you literally ate my homework, Onee-chan!"

Kioku
2014-10-09, 10:21 PM
Still internally focusing on the "Chika revelation", Asami isn't quite up to her usual standards for conversation. "If she's an animal, then it must be because you adopted her when she followed you home, right? So in that case, you can't entirely blame her."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-13, 11:07 PM
Chika thinks for a moment on Asami's statement. "She's the big sister, so she lived here first. Actually, this was even her room first." Tsubaki nods and giggles. "Yeah, you kept invading my bed. Not that I minded, and when you moved into my room we got a really big bed to share. It's honestly too much space."

Kioku
2014-10-13, 11:14 PM
"Hmm? Oh, right, right." Asami seems rather distracted, her senses picking up the conversation and saving it for later processing, but only partly comprehending in the here and now. "So bed invasion runs in the family. I would fit right in."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-13, 11:41 PM
"Yeah, it kinda does, I suppose." Tsubaki suddenly turns to the door. "I can smell you out there. Do you need something?" The door slides open to reveal a kindly smiling Rentaro. "That nose of yours is as keen as ever. I'd only been here for a couple seconds. Mom wants to chat with you a bit. Nothing bad, I think she just wants to see how you're doing." He suddenly notices Asami is in the room too. "Oh, you have company. You should probably make it a quick chat then, don't want to just leave her around. And, little miss." He motions to Asami. "There are snacks and the like in the kitchen. You're welcome to help yourself if neither of my younger sisters informed you." With that he steps aside as Tsubaki goes to talk with her mother.

Kioku
2014-10-13, 11:46 PM
Asami just nods and, once Tsubaki is out of the room, speaks. Little miss? "Not a form of address I've had attributed often, but thank you." She raises an eyebrow to Chika in a look that says 'we're still talking about this.'

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 12:01 AM
"My apologies if you found it insulting, I did not intend it as a slight. As much as I'd like to stay and chat, I must return to my studies. Take care of Tsubaki-chan at school. She was quite reliant on Chika's managing when she lived here." With that Rentaro closes the door and footsteps can be heard down the hallway. Chika averts her eyes from Asami's as though it might help evade the inevitable.

Kioku
2014-10-14, 10:57 AM
"You wish a red Tsubaki for yourself." It's phrased as a conclusion, not a question, as Asami continues to hold her penetrating violet gaze on Chika. "And you, unlike I, do not believe that kissing is something usually done between friends, or even siblings. You wouldn't have been so upset otherwise."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 02:59 PM
Chika sighs, a little defeated. "Yeah, I fell in love with my sister." The little girl leans over to her bookshelf and pulls a few volumes of manga off it, hoping to use them in a way to avoid that topic. "But, it seems like you've been reading some odd stuff. A kiss on the cheek or forehead is fine between friends." She opens the manga up to scenes where people are kissing on the lips, splaying her hand oddly to keep the books open without obscuring the images. "Kisses like this are between couples. Lucky for you, Onee-chan doesn't get stuff like that. Unluckily for me, Onee-chan doesn't get stuff like that."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 03:04 PM
"Between couples? You mean between couples too, right? Isn't that for very close friends mainly? Although... that would explain why in middle school..." Asami looks confused and sad, and drops her arms to her sides.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 03:17 PM
Chika shakes her head. "I try my best to avoid misspeaking unless it's intentional. I'm sorry that I have to teach you these things, but better now than later, better late than never." She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, exhaling gently. "I suppose this means I can't be bothered by you beating me to her first kiss. You didn't know about the significance of it. It's like a foreigner not knowing local customs, you chuckle and teach them the proper way."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 03:34 PM
"I don't... but..." that means that a few days ago, when I told Miyuki I meant it as friends, did she think that was impossible too? Did she take it that way even though... "H-how do you know that you're not in the minority here, thinking it has to mean that?" Asami seems on the verge of panic or tears, or both.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 04:02 PM
Chika pulls Asami close and shakes her head. "I'm sorry to tell you, but I have a few friends in middle school. Not one of them has kissed me on the lips or even tried. That's how I know. I learn from those around me. That's how someone like me blends in."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 04:22 PM
But Tamamo... and Akemi... they both said... "She couldn't be wrong about something like this..." Asami curls up, lip quivering. "I always wished I had the chance... it just seemed like the natural progression of things, and she was the closest friend I could ever have, so I thought it must just be the next normal step for a friendship to take..."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 04:47 PM
Chika pets Asami's hair in an attempt to comfort her. "Now, now. No need for that. Onee-chan doesn't think you meant anything by it. Like I said, she doesn't get stuff like that. And, anyone else should understand if you explain it. So you got some bad information. You mentioned siblings with your beliefs in kissing. I'm assuming you're talking about your sister now then. I'll tell you now, that's not normal. As a matter of fact, it's a taboo. Not that I care, mind you. After all, I love my Onee-chan more than a sister should."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 05:38 PM
"How..." Asami whimpers. "How can it be bad information if it's what feels right? I loved her... I want her back. I'd do anything to have Akemi back! How can you stand Tsubaki not knowing?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 06:50 PM
Chika smiles a sad smile. "That's actually a simple question to answer. Because I love her. I love her, so I will endure this for her. Until she decides it herself, I'll let things go on like this. It's taboo, after all and while I may not care, she might. Our parents might. Our brother might. Unless she wants to risk that, I won't push anything. Because I love her, I'll endure not letting her know, so she can live a life without those problems. Just like she endures her past and my company, even though this arm of mine brings her sadness. I pretend not to notice, but I know she regrets it. I know that's why she strives so hard to be a hero now. She wasn't like that before it happened." Chika abruptly tilts her head, hearing Tsubaki's footsteps a little ways away. "This conversation has to end here. If I pushed, she'd give. I want it to be her choice, so if you say anything about this to Onee-chan, I'll bite out your throat." One look at her face was all it would take to show she meant her threat wholeheartedly. A few moments later Tsubaki walked in the door and sat down on the bed. "That was an interesting little chat. Hope you didn't have too much fun without me while I was away."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 10:09 PM
Asami seems confused, sad, and somewhat understanding until the threat. At that point her whole demeanor changes, a truly deadly look flashes through her eyes for but a moment, and when Tsubaki comes in, the glow of Tamamo's form is just fading. The ghostly image's face holds a look of coldness and anger that lies in stark contrast to Asami's nearly unreadable expression, and turns fully to Tsubaki seconds before disappearing - something is definitely wrong. "None at all."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 10:27 PM
Tsubaki quickly thinks up a reason for her sister to be elsewhere, sensing that it'd be bad to keep her in here. "Hey, Chika, can you go make some snacks? I'd do it myself..." "We'd all be better off if you didn't. Sure, I'll be back in a bit then." Chika happily walks out of the room like nothing happened to go and make treats for her sister and their guest. Once she's out of earshot, Tsubaki leans in close to Asami. "Alright, what's up?"

Kioku
2014-10-14, 10:37 PM
"She said something that she really shouldn't have, that's all. Something that Tamamo didn't like." She slowly starts relaxing again, but it appears to take a lot of effort. "Don't worry about it. It was a natural reaction that she couldn't have known she'd provoke."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 11:08 PM
Tsubaki sighs and sways from side to side. "Sounds like she got backed into a corner. I won't ask what it was about, that's between you and her, and as such, I'll let you two deal with it. She can be pretty vicious on her own, now. After all, I can't fight every battle for her. If there's something she can't tell me about, she'll have to deal with it without me. Just like I fight shadows without her."

Kioku
2014-10-14, 11:31 PM
"Mmh," Asami sounds, deflating and going more or less limp. It's nearly half a minute before she says anything again. "You're lucky, you know. To have her around."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-14, 11:41 PM
Tsubaki chuckles softly. "Yeah, I am. She'd be a lot better off if she didn't have me though. Even ignoring her arm, she ends up being more big sisterly than I am most of the time. Always taking time out of her day to make sure I'm properly taken care of. Yet she puts up with me. She's a good girl. Once she starts high school, I'm going to be really busy checking any boys she hangs out with. She's got a cute demeanor to go with that small body."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 10:27 AM
Something triggers Asami's anger to come back right then, and it doesn't take long to find out what. She whips around and grabs Tsubaki to pull her down with a glare to rival even her earlier one. "No little sister," she hisses, "is 'better off' without their older sister. Do you even have an inkling of what I'd give to be in Chika's place? In yours? You're lucky to have each other around, and that's all there is to it. I'll hear no argument. How dare you blame yourself for her arm, when she's still alive because of you? WHEN MY SISTER IS DEAD BECAUSE OF ME?!" Asami breaks down completely after yelling the last sentence, collapsing in a heap.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 12:24 PM
Tsubaki gives a somber sigh. "You and I may never see eye to eye on this, as you've never been the older sister. Maybe this is just me, but I wouldn't have regretted dying to give Chika a chance at a good future on that day. Instead I damaged her. For an older sister who loves the younger one, that's worse than a thousand painful deaths. I'm sure yours would have agreed."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 12:57 PM
"So do you think she'd have a good future without you around? Dying is easy. Anyone can do it for someone they love. It's the ones who have to suffer though living that have it bad. I'd bet everything that Chika would rather still have you around, alive, than to be whole without you. Because without you, she could never feel whole." I'll never be whole again either.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 01:33 PM
Tsubaki gets up and walks to the closet. "If I'd died back then? I wouldn't be too surprised if she'd gotten over it in less than a year. I asked her to paint her image of the me I was then, to make sure I never forget." She pulls a large canvas from the closet and flips it around so Asami can see. Depicted was Tsubaki standing atop a blood-soaked hilltop, splattered in blood herself with a twisted smile. Broken and discarded weapons were scattered all around with the fallen like so many leaves in Autumn. Behind her was a spectral monster, seeming to emit from her with the same twisted smile. "This doesn't look like the flowery, glorified hero you would expect from her, does it? It's a rampant monster with a human body that destroyed everything around it." Tsubaki chuckled somberly at the thought. "We didn't become close until after that incident. Until after I'd broken my weapon and stayed in my room for days."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 02:05 PM
Asami doesn't look up until quite a while after Tsubaki has finished speaking, to even see the painting and find out what she's talking about. When her empty gaze falls upon it, she just looks on, seemingly taking a completely different meaning than what was intended from it. Asami says nothing, just waiting for Tsubaki to continue, and meets her eyes without really moving.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 04:12 PM
Tsubaki leans the painting against the wall and looks at it. "So, yeah, I do believe she'd be fine without me. But, you can't change the past. I did what I did. The gun wasn't even loaded. If I'd done nothing, she'd likely still be better off." She turns to look at the painting. "What is it you see from atop that hill? What is it you sought in their blood? I suppose even you may never know, eh?"

Kioku
2014-10-15, 05:37 PM
"That's how Rentaro still sees you, isn't it? That's the conflict between you, he thinks you aren't safe, or something? Still, it changes nothing about how things are now. Even if she'd get over it then, there's no way she would now, and now is what you have to think about. ...I guess I do too."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 06:02 PM
Tsubaki chuckles softly. "Ask him yourself if you want to know what goes on in his head. He feels the need to be stronger than me for some reason. And, as I said, you can't change the past. I never said I plan on leaving. I just know she'd have been better off. That's fine though. She seems happy enough." She steps over and tousles Asami's hair. "You need to move on yourself. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but eventually, you should move past it. She'd want you to be happy, that's why she did what she did. Instead of despairing over it, be proud you had a sister who loved you that much. While it's easy to die, it's even easier to just run away from the situation and save your own hide. It's basic human survival instinct, after all. She chose the hard route so you wouldn't have to. My situation isn't like yours, so I probably can't understand that well, but I know if I died for Chika, I'd want her to live happily, not despairing over my death."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 06:40 PM
"I... I know." Asami's eyes leak a bit as emotion she's been suppressing floods back. "I know she wants me to. It's so hard to go on... for a couple weeks there I almost couldn't, I thought I'd broken everything that mattered." She sniffles a bit and puts a hand on the one Tsubaki is going at her hair with. "It's hard to go on, but I have to." Violet eyes flash as they stare off at something that isn't there, in the distance. "I Vowed."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 07:17 PM
"Yup, you always have to move on to the future. Even if you don't like what you see ahead, you can only go forward and see what lies beyond even that." She sits down next to Asami as she speaks.

Kioku
2014-10-15, 07:30 PM
Asami nods in response. "That's it exactly. Every... every time I stop, and stumble, and doubt in darkness, I have to close my eyes and think back to her. We made a vow; a promise to carry onward." She shivers as she speaks, as if the words mean something more to her than she's saying, and whispers after a pause. "I'll see it through." Asami leans on Tsubaki and lets out a shuddering breath. "After all, it's the only thing that kept me going for the year between her death and when I met my Shadow."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 08:06 PM
Tsubaki holds Asami close. "I got pushed forward. Actually, out of my bed, to be specific. She didn't give me much of a choice."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 08:23 PM
Asami giggles at the mental image and burrows into Tsubaki's embrace. "Sounds like just what you needed, if it worked. She gave you something to live for, didn't she? Right when you thought it was all pointless because you'd hurt her?" Her voice betrays that she speaks from experience even if Tsubaki hadn't already known that, but it seems that she's past the worst of her emotional outburst. "You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of." Asami smiles a little, glad that her friend has that.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 08:51 PM
Tsubaki chuckles softly. "She just made me closer to my old self. Refused to eat if I didn't, refused to leave my room if I didn't. She managed my life by making it so if I didn't do something, it would affect her as well. I'd already taken her arm, if I took anything more from her, it would have made me a total monster. It wasn't so much giving me something to live for. It was forcing me to live or I would be forcing her to die."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 10:22 PM
"... I'm glad she forced you to live. And I'm glad you fight with Rentaro, because even if it makes things harder, you wouldn't have been all the way out at our school if you didn't." Asami stretches and kisses her friend on the cheek, wondering how - or if - she'll be able to forgive Chika for the threat.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 10:35 PM
Tsubaki sighs softly. "Rentaro and I will always fight. Chika will always look out for me. I'll always stand up for them both when needed. That's our Karma, after all. She even made me start fighting him again to maintain it. 'Onee-chan isn't Onee-chan if she doesn't fight. It's part of who you are' she told me. So, in a way, I guess she's to blame for you meeting me. That and she told me to try making friends. My original plan was to scare everyone in the dorm to leave me alone."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 10:56 PM
Asami chuckles a good bit before responding. "I guess we both have each others' sisters to blame for a lot then, most particularly our friendship. I used to never really try to reach out to anyone else, I never needed anyone besides Akemi. She completed me, and why should I care to have any other friends? But she was always one who would reach out to others, to make friends, and sometimes to get them to be friends with me too. I never cared for it, but I guess that she was a lot like I am now with people - though a lot more caring and outgoing, I don't think she'd ever brush anyone off. 'Nobody should ever have to be alone,' was something she liked to say. I only took it to heart much later, but without that, I would have stayed clear of everyone else, I think. I guess with similar natures like that, it's no wonder Miyuki and I get along, or even with different methods, you and I."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 11:17 PM
Tsubaki giggles a little. "Lucky, you got a good influence. My sister hit me with that book when she found out my plan. She has a lot more trust in me than I do, though." She points to an overly large book with metal bindings as she speaks. "I'm still wondering how she got such a good swing with only one arm. It's a bunch of Celtic mythology, if you're wondering why it's so big."

Kioku
2014-10-15, 11:47 PM
Asami winces when she sees the metal bindings while at the same time snickering at the story. "You're right, I did get a good influence." The best. "Was this by any chance soon after you ate her homework? That might explain her 'training' method."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-15, 11:54 PM
Tsubaki laughs. "I regret nothing, for science, it wasn't half bad. Though, I did have to be her pet cat for two weeks after that. Such a cruel master, nya~" She makes a little kitty swipe as she punctuates her sentence.

Kioku
2014-10-16, 12:05 AM
Asami covers her mouth and giggles, batting at her friend's hair in the same fashion. "Silly, everyone knows that cats don't have masters. They're the ruling class, after all, aren't they?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-16, 12:08 AM
Tsubaki blushes slightly. "Still took me a week to stop 'nya'-ing afterwards. Evil little sister."

Kioku
2014-10-16, 12:16 AM
Asami puts on a false-evil smile. "Perhaps a habit that we can bring you to resume, given the right circumstances." She tries to cackle, but it comes out more like a slightly-dark giggle instead. "Hey, she's been gone quite a while now, hasn't she?"

Mokou-tan
2014-10-16, 12:21 AM
"Nyever again" Tsubaki deadpans. She counts time in her head instead of looking at a clock to figure out how long Chika's been. "No, it's not too long. Chika and I say things without saying them. We just spoke so it wouldn't look like she was just walking out for no reason. In other words, snacks were an excuse."

Kioku
2014-10-16, 12:42 AM
"I was tense, not blind," Asami snorts. "Of course it was an excuse, we couldn't miss that if we tried. It still feels like a while, though." She bats at Tsubaki's hair a couple more times, for no apparent reason.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-16, 12:46 AM
Tsubaki chuckles. "I asked her to go for a bit, the world just couldn't hear it. If she just walked out without the exchange, you'd wonder what was going on. She'll be back in a little, with snacks to cover up."

Kioku
2014-10-16, 05:29 PM
Why is she repeating what she already said, when it's perfectly clear to anyone what happened? Unless this is one of those things that isn't supposed to be clear naturally... Asami just nods and nuzzles into her friend's shoulder instead of responding or voicing her thoughts, not really seeing anything more *to* be said.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-17, 01:09 PM
Tsubaki just sits contentedly for a few minutes until Chika returns with a large plate piled high with fresh cookies balancing on her head. "This should be enough, right?" The little girl leans over and slides the plate from her head to the table. "I think you made enough for everyone in the house and then some." Chika picks up a few cookies, spacing them between her fingers, and holds one up to her sister's mouth, who accepts the offering right away. She similarly holds one out to Asami afterwards.

Kioku
2014-10-17, 04:22 PM
Asami looks away and turns her head slightly in refusal. Even though it might damage things between Tsubaki and I... I can't so easily forgive something like what Chika did.

Mokou-tan
2014-10-17, 05:19 PM
Chika just shrugs and eats the cookie herself. Her attention shifts to the painting Tsubaki took out. "Sorry, you can't be out here anymore." She puts down the other cookie in her hand, picks up the painting she was speaking to as though it were a person and puts it back in the closet. "After all, your memory will hurt Onee-chan." She closes the door with a smile and sits against the wall.

Kioku
2014-10-18, 12:22 PM
Asami continues to sit in silence, having absolutely nothing left to say after the earlier exchanges, and pretty much just waiting until it's time to leave, for the sake of getting some distance from the subject of her ire so that it can stabilize into a clear course for resolution.