PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Monster-creator wizard (low level)

Balor01
2014-09-22, 06:18 AM
I have a Wiz NPC that was always fascinated with magical creatures, mostly oozes, deepspawn and alike. Currently, he is just level 6, but I'd like for his memorized spells to reflect this "i am a mad-geneticist affictionado" attitude.

I have the following limitations: Core only EXCEPT ONE FEAT AND ONE SPELL.

Got anything for me, playground?

thanks

defiantdan
2014-09-22, 06:21 AM
Transmutation and Conjuration fit his theme. Summon creatures for now until you get access to the polymorph line. PAO is your monster maker. Dominate humanoids to force them to fail their will save. You could later go into the prestige class fleshwarper.

Daishain
2014-09-22, 06:21 AM
Too bad its core only, the Alienist PrC is perfect for the mad genius summoner types. It even helps with the "mad" portion.

Balor01
2014-09-22, 06:43 AM
Transmutation and Conjuration fit his theme. Summon creatures for now until you get access to the polymorph line. PAO is your monster maker. Dominate humanoids to force them to fail their will save. You could later go into the prestige class fleshwarper.
This will work perfectly :) Thank you

@Daishain
Yeah, I don't have an energy to study an entire new class for a single NPC. But thanks for input anyway.

Inevitability
2014-09-22, 10:04 AM
Maybe Engulfing Terror? Refluff the cube as containing all kind of half-disgested creatures. Some of them may even be still alive!

Also, if I could give some advice, try sending a creature so horrendous, so alien at the PC's they can hardly comprehend what it is. After they defeat the wizard, have them find its notes where it is described how he created it. Or maybe he didn't create it, but found it somewhere... Could make for a good plot hook.