PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Synad

J-H
2014-09-22, 07:58 AM
I can't find anything on the Synad race outside of CPsi. Not in books, not on the internet.

Any recommendations? Otherwise, I have <2 pages of information to pull from in creating background for the Psychic Rogue I'm building.

Psyren
2014-09-22, 08:03 AM
I'm not 100% on this but I'm fairly sure they debuted in Dragon #314. Perhaps check there for extra tidbits?

Also, they have ties to the Plane of Shadow, so anything to help you better understand that plane (like ToM or MotP) can help. They are more or less interlopers there, so you can probably graft on quite a bit of Illumian fluff, who are in a similar boat.

sideswipe
2014-09-22, 08:42 AM
they originally come from a parallel plane that is kind of like the dream scape and the far realms mixed together. read up about those and then you will have a better back story.

edit- now that i think about it even more, i once played a synad half fey psion//other half of a gestalt. but basicly just a half fey synad psion.
my back story was that my father had fled the realm of his birth (DM ruled it as the far lands, since in his setting they are essentially locked outside of his planar bubble by the gods and it was the only one that fitted) after my birth to save me. my character never knew why he did it but as i researched when i grew older i found out about the supposed horrors from my native plane.
my father married a nymph queen and set up a small kingdom under his rule, mostly farmers and forests full of fey. and i spent my years nursing and improving my innate psionic powers to the point i was as good as my father. campaign specific stuff follows that.

there was a lot more but it was 2 years ago.

geekintheground
2014-09-22, 08:45 AM
i always kinda imagined them like Alien X from ben 10 alien force, but i dont think thats the given fluff...