PDA

View Full Version : Homebrewed GS?

Maldraugedhen
2007-03-12, 09:18 PM
Has anybody given homebrewing a Golden Sun D20 system a shot? I tried searching for such a thing, but came up with a million and a half threads for the words individually and none for the two in combination. If not, I think it might be something for us to try our hands at.

Matthew
2007-03-14, 09:07 PM
Okay, I'll bite. What is 'Golden Sun'?

MeklorIlavator
2007-03-14, 09:11 PM
Its a Japanese video game that is considered a premier handheld RPG. It involves magic, the most devastating spells use what are effectively elementals to summon an avatar of a god to do tremendous damage to the enemy.

Fizban
2007-03-14, 11:15 PM
Only Japanese like how pretty much every RPG comes from Japan.

I've considered it, the biggest problem is the way Djinni work. Figure that out, apply it to Psions/Psychic Warriors and you're gold.

knightsaline
2007-03-15, 04:13 AM
make sure there are summoning tablets and a necromage, peorott and beastmaster PrCs, with the capstone ability for the necromage is able to summon dullahan.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-15, 03:29 PM
I'd just use Psions and Psionic Warriors. Golden Sun specifically uses Psionics rather than magic (and it's one of the few things that stops it being a Final Fantasy clone) and it has Warriors (Picard/Piers, Garret, Isaac and Felix) as well as more caster-like characters (Jenna, Mia, Ivan and Sheba). I remember telekinesis and mind-reading being a major part of it.

Clairsentience - Jupiter (Wind) and Mercury (water)

Metacreativity - Venus (Earth)

Psychokinesis - all, mainly Mars and (Fire) Jupiter. Telekinisis is Venus though.

Psycho-metabolism - Mercury, possibly Mars

Psychoportation - Jupiter I think, can't remember what element got Teleport in The Lost Age.

Telepathy - Jupiter

Jupiter has all the coolest powers...

Alternatively

Mercury (water)
All healing powers, ice attack spells

Jupiter (wind)
Electricity and wind attacks, mind-reading, buffs and debuffs, flying

Venus (earth)
Earth and plant attacks, telekinisis

Mars (fire)
Fire attacks, defence razing buffs

Some Psyenergy like Planet Diver and my personal favourite Daimondberg might make cool martial maneuvers but would work as Psionic Warrior powers..