PDA

View Full Version : Crafted Construct HD Limit?

Mirakk
2014-09-22, 09:20 PM
I can't seem to find it stated anywhere that there's a limitation on how many HD maximum a person can create using the Craft Construct feat.

Obviously you need to fulfill the spell requirements necessary and have the cash for it, as well as the ability to craft the body, but there isn't a HD limit in place, is there?

Ken Murikumo
2014-09-22, 09:44 PM
I believe the rules say you can advance things up to half-again their listed HD unless stated otherwise (like an artificer's homunculus)

jiriku
2014-09-22, 09:49 PM
You mean something like animate dead or rebuke undead, where there's a HD limit on the maximum amount you can control? No, you can have infinite constructs under your command if you have the time and resources to make them. Especially fun since you can make a construct that will make you other constructs.

teslas
2014-09-23, 05:09 AM
As Jiriku said, there's no limit. If you have the wealth and time (also see Jiriku's post to help with the time part), you could conceivably control an unlimited amount, though it would require some ridiculous concessions on the part of the DM, even if that's you.

atemu1234
2014-09-23, 06:50 AM
You don't have a HD limit. That's part of what makes constructs so ironically breakable. I once saw a player (when we weren't using errata) get the full line of feats so he could make them 1/day, for free. He then proceeded to get plane shifted to the Elemental Plane of Earth, where he had the resources (even though RAW he could make them out of nothing) to make an army measured in the trillions (Awakened Construct trick, when I ruled he could teach them the feats/HD.

Urpriest
2014-09-23, 12:37 PM
There's no limit to total HD of constructs you create or anything like that. Any individual can only advance as far as its advancement entry allows, though.