PDA

View Full Version : Pit of Calamity (Group 3 IC)

Zaydos
2014-09-22, 10:41 PM
It stands before you, the Pit of Calamity. Three miles from the nearest settlement, the Pit is fabled throughout the land. Its entrance is a pair of heavy stone doors, or was once. Now they lay strewn across the ground, left in weather worn pieces after their destruction years ago. Words were once written above the door, in an ancient script, said by some to be the language of the lost elven empire of Fellazee, said by others to be the Elder Tongue spoken by the first dragons. What it truly is only the most learned would know, but it is a tongue older than the race of man.

The entrance is a worn passage of stone which leads down at a 30 degree angle. It travels further than the light of the sun can reach, more even than dwarven eyes, nay even a dragon's sight could reach. It is 10-ft wide.

In your posts note marching order and any long duration effects you will be activating before entering the dungeon.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-23, 04:02 AM
Valter will step forward, hand cloaked in negative energy. Well? Lets go.

Holding a charge for the incantation "inflict light wounds". Same as the spell really.

Valter will march in front having the highest HP and highest AC of the party so far.

Gandariel
2014-09-23, 08:16 AM
Can't wait adds Nam, as he advances

I'll stay in werewolf form for pretty much the whole game, and i have no other effects. I'll walk second in line

Reality Glitch
2014-09-23, 06:10 PM
<Let's go!> Eli Planeswalks onto the seen and rushes forward, taking place alongside the other party front.

Demidos
2014-09-23, 06:27 PM
The hulking Vampire reaches into his clothes and pulls out a strange holy symbol, a small metal etching of a skeletal spider. He kneels with it to his forehead for a moment before standing and waving it over the party. "For the Goddesses", Alexandros growls. He moves to stand behind the Werewolf.

Pure fluff. No buffs up. No Twilight references please :smallamused:
Out of curiousity Glitch (is that an acceptable shortening?), when you say planeswalks, what exactly are you referring to? Is he just creating his essentia body?

Reality Glitch
2014-09-23, 07:09 PM
If you look at my sheet, I took a level in Planeswalker, I just arrived on this plane of existence.

Zaydos
2014-09-26, 02:28 PM
You begin making your way into the pit, its stone hallway stretching long and deep into the ground. You've gone a distance before it opens up into a larger chamber ahead.

You can see what appears to be a large scorpion, 8-ft long, 4-ft high, waiting, poised in the darkness

You catch a whiff of something; a creature's den reeking with its odor from habitation, the smell of dried blood, bones, and another slightly acrid scent you'd associate with insectoid creatures.

Gandariel
2014-09-26, 03:32 PM
Nam silently signals the others to stop, that there's an enemy ahead. He observes, ready to strike. He looks at his companions to see if any of them is doing anything particular, if nobody does he'll do the first move.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-26, 05:44 PM
Quietly Valter mentions to his companions, There is a scorpion hiding ahead. I shall draw it out of it's cover, ready yourselves for when it charges.

With that Valter is going to call a Black Flame Plague upon it. It and any creature within 5ft of the the square behind the scorpion must make a reflex save (DC 21) or take [roll0]damage and catch aflame taking 2d12 damage every round until the disease is removed (Requiring 2 successful saves) and taking 3 damage every time he fails a save.

Valter then moves so he is 60ft away from the scorpion and ends his turn.

Demidos
2014-09-27, 12:48 AM
Not sure if its my init. If its not let me know and ignore.

Alexandros reaches up and his fingers adhere to the cold stone of the tunnel, easily pulling him up and off the floor, up onto the wall and from there to the ceiling. He perches there for a moment, then moves foward to a spot right above Valter and flexes his hand, firing an immobilizing web from his palm at the scorpion.

If Nam moves forward my lowlight vision should reach. If he doesn't i'll simply ready the action for when the first enemy enters my vision.

To hit (Ranged attack roll) [roll0]
If this attack hits, the scorpion is entangled (cannot charge/run, -2 to hit, -4 dex, moves at half speed) and must make a reflex save dc 17 vs being immobilized. In either case if it hits it should interrupt the movement.

Alexandros also has 10 foot reach, and so if the scorpion only has 5 foot reach it provokes an AOO when moving into his reach.
If it does, he'll attempt to grapple it.
Melee touch attack [roll1]
Grapple check [roll2]

Zaydos
2014-09-27, 05:04 PM
Flames burst across the scorpion and it screeches moving forward to meet the approaching Valter, claw striking the ground.

OoC: Is that reflex saves each round to beat off the disease or daily Fort saves as normal?

Initiative: Valter + Nam then Scorpions then party turn.

Gandariel
2014-09-27, 05:22 PM
-------------------------

Zaydos
2014-09-27, 05:25 PM
OOC: I assume this is a surprise round and we only get a partial action.

Nam moves so that he's as far away from the target as Valter is, but 10 feet apart from him. He growls, ready to shed some blood

This would be first full round (although the scorpion should have ended 10-ft short for that reason :smallredface:).

Gandariel
2014-09-27, 05:50 PM
In a blur, Nam appears in front of the monster and unleashes a flurry of attacks on the monster.

Use Ankelts of Translocation to move in front of it and full attack. Power Attacking for 4.

Unarmed attack 1 :[roll0] for [roll1] damage
Bite [roll2] for [roll3] damage
claw 1 [roll4] for [roll5] damage
claw 2[roll6] for [roll7] damage
Unarmed attack 2 [roll8] for [roll9] damage

Zaydos
2014-09-27, 05:59 PM
The scorpion falls dead as Nam's teeth sink into it (technically just deeply dying).

There are no other visible foes, but your line of sight is somewhat restricted by the ruined doorway into the room, 10-ft in front of Valter.

Gandariel
2014-09-27, 06:07 PM
Tasty
He says, as he looks at the party, his teeth still bloody.

He, however, stays alert and tries to understand if more enemies are coming.

Listen [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-27, 06:41 PM
Plague Mechanic Explanation
Each round he must make a saving throw determined by the plague (In this case reflex). If he fails the reflex save he takes 1/2 Class Level damage and most plagues have a secondary effect if they fail a save.

In this case black flame plague makes it so that he ignites when he fails a reflex save and takes 1d12/3 class levels damage each round while the plague lasts. This doesn't stack so failing more reflex saves just inflicts the 1/2 class level damage from above.

Once he passes 2 reflex saves the plague and the flame effect ends.

Valter is going to step into the room and ready an action to claw at an enemy if it reaches within range.
[roll0]
Damage: 1, if this deals damage they must make a fort save (DC 17) or be paralyzed for [roll1] rounds.
If hit it discharges inflict light wounds which deals [roll2] damage will save half.

Zaydos
2014-09-27, 06:50 PM
Stepping into the room Valter sees three more scorpions in the hexagonal chamber. Two rush him, his claws digging into the first, and their own missing him badly.

To those outside the room 2 large scorpions are (at last) visible in melee with Valter.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-27, 07:40 PM
Is the scorpion Valter hit paralyzed?

Zaydos
2014-09-27, 07:43 PM
Is the scorpion Valter hit paralyzed?

Nope; it'd have been unable to finish the attack if it was (Fort is vermins' good save).

Demidos
2014-09-27, 08:02 PM
Whoops. I'll take the same turn as the previously posted one. If you want me to reroll, let me know. Also, would it be possible to put this game on roll20? I find it makes visualization far easier, even if there isnt a single large map that fits for the entire dungeon and we just use it in the actual fights.

Gandariel
2014-09-28, 04:29 AM
I'm assuming i need a move action to approach the enemies

Nam, still raging, rushes towards one of the enemies and bites him with his powerful jaw

Move action and standard to use my bite attack. I will Power Attack for 6.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

To clarify, just in case:
My str modifier is +6 and all my attacks are +1 magical.
so when full attacking i get +7 damage to the unarmed strikes (primary), and +4 to the natural attacks.
When using PA the unarmed strikes just receive the normal bonus, and the natural attacks get double.

Right now i'm just attacking with the bite as primary, so +7 +(2 x 6) damage

Zaydos
2014-10-01, 09:44 AM
Alexandros's web strikes the scorpion mere moments before the werewolf's rush leaves it staggering on the verge of collapse.

OoC: I am completely unfamiliar with roll20.

And it's Glitch's turn.

Zaydos
2014-10-05, 05:15 PM
The scorpions continue lashing out futilely at Valter. He can see as a third and final one, moves around to engage him its claw lashing out as impotently as the others.

-|-|-|Scorpion 3|Scorpion 3
-|-|-|Scorpion 3|Scorpion 3
Scorpion (nd)|Scorpion (nd)|Valter|Scorpion 2|Scorpion 2
Scorpion (nd)|Scorpion (nd)|-|Scorpion 2|Scorpion 2
-|-|Nam|-|-

nd = near dead.

Party turn.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-05, 10:42 PM
Valter seeing how he is somewhat surrounded and that they are decently resistant to his paralysis he unleashes a blast of blackfire plague aimed so it only hits himself (He is immune but he choses to suppress the immunity for this plague and instead decides to store it using his carrier ability. It allows him to later in the day release the disease with a touch attack) and the other scorpions. They must make a reflex save or catch fire and take [roll0] damage and are lit aflame taking 2d12 damage each round until they pass on two reflex saves against this plague to end it.

Concentration check to cast defensively [roll1] DC 17

Valter will also spend his single plague token to refresh his inflict light wounds incantation.

Zaydos
2014-10-05, 10:48 PM
All three scorpions catch ablaze, the nearly dead one falling to the ground dead. The other two are wounded.

Demidos
2014-10-05, 11:28 PM
Nets fly out towards one spider, leaving the other one for the werewolf --

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Gandariel
2014-10-06, 03:25 AM
Nam is a bit shocked at seeing all that fire around Well, that's one guy i don't wanna be messin' with...

Still, he seizes the opportunity, moves towards the other scorpion and bites him

PA for 6
Move action, then Standard to bite the remaining scorpion
Attack roll [roll0]
for damage [roll1]

Zaydos
2014-10-06, 10:59 AM
Nam's claws and teeth tear into one scorpion causing it to fall to the ground, but the one the vampire struck is still standing (Sort of, maybe.

OoC: Nam was already adjacent to a scorpion so I'll just assume he full attacks it which finishes it. Deimedos you really ought to list your speed on your sheet :smallwink:

@Silva: Do they save against plagues at the beginning of your turn or their turn? If the latter it's unconscious as well.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-06, 07:42 PM
Hm, it is not clear. I would say beginning of my turn. Also I think I am going to make a note of my plague token count in my posts simply because it is easier than trying to remember it.

So the last remaining scorpion gets one turn before it burns to death from the flames. Also please note that if the scorpions are unconscious it and still affected by a plague their saves do still matter. I get a plague token each time they fail and they take 1/2 incanter level damage (3 ATM) which heals my the same amount.

Plague Tokens: 3 + the number that failed the save this round

Demidos
2014-10-07, 01:18 AM
Apologies, fixed. :smallsmile:

Zaydos
2014-10-07, 01:26 AM
The scorpion grabs the vampire but fails to keep hold of it (7 damage) then promptly falls unconscious (the other two are all the way dead).

The room itself is hexagonal, each wall 20-ft long. In the middle of each wall but the one to the left of entrance is a pair of old stone double doors. Looking to the sides of the entrance you can see where hinges once stood, but they seem to have been hacked apart by something in days of old and the doors carried away, perhaps because they were made of valuable metal.

Above each of the 4 doors is a symbol. Counterclockwise, starting from the door in the wall segment to your right these symbols are: A sword (http://www.wordans.com/wvc-1276734564/wordansfiles/images/2010/6/16/37058/37058_340.jpg); a cube (http://developer.blackberry.com/playbook/native/files/documentation/gry1339512333280.png); an eye (http://callcharles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Eye-Symbol.png); a set of 9 dots (http://www.stuffwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/9punti1.gif).

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-07, 01:58 AM
Valter mends the injury with inflict light wounds and immediately spends a plague token to restore it. Healing [roll0]

I think the sword is the best path to take right now. If the symbols are at all indicative of what we should expect to find the sword probably means we will encounter mundane fighters or some other similar mundane challenge. They should probably be easier with our group dynamic. We can then get more information about what is down the other paths. All in agreement?

Gandariel
2014-10-07, 03:31 AM
Aaand what exactly would a cube mean, then? Still, sword looks good to me too. Can anyone check for traps?

Nam moves a bit around the room, looking for anything unusual.

Nam will spend a few turns doing random Search checks on the doors

sword [roll0]
cube [roll1]
eye [roll2]
dots [roll3]

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-07, 03:45 AM
Not sure, I couldn't see any clear pattern to the symbols and their apparent meaning may of been altered with the change of inhabitants or similar circumstances.

And I can not search for traps. I find that often times they are fairly ineffective against me. I can heal my wounds quite rapidly and poisons and the like don't work on me. We can proceed with caution but I wouldn't be too worried.

Demidos
2014-10-07, 05:29 PM
Alexandros inclines his head, thanking Valter for the healing. "Apologies, I have no trap-finding abilities. We will have to rely on the whims of the goddesses. The cube might imply spaces perhaps? Or a trap? In either case, I can ascertain that we will not be followed."

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-07, 11:26 PM
Valter strides forward. Excellent Alexandros. Well if we don't have anymore objections lets head down the sword path.

Valter activates his inflict light wounds incantation and holds the charge. He then walks in front of the party and walks down the sword path hallway.

Zaydos
2014-10-08, 12:58 AM
The door opens without resistance, you see a small stone hallway, 10-ft wide. It goes 10-ft then to the right for 10-ft before turning back towards the left.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-08, 02:13 AM
Valter keeps walking, seemingly confident in his durability and his ability to handle any existing traps. Still he maintains some vigilance and takes a spot and listen check as walking. Taking 10 for 27 on both.

Gandariel
2014-10-08, 03:40 AM
Nam follows, 5 feet behind him.

He would take 10 on his checks, but it wouldn't really matter :P

Demidos
2014-10-08, 12:52 PM
Ditto, but following 15 feet back from Valter, 10 from Nam. No sense getting too close to the tanks :smalltongue:

Also using my Chosen of the Webs ability to carpet the center cavern and just the tunnels in general with webs as we advance.
Slows movespeed through it by 10 feet and alerts me if another creature makes contact with it (as long as they're within 180 feet).

Zaydos
2014-10-09, 02:11 PM
The hallway turns to the left again a mere 10-ft after the turn you could see before, the stone becoming unfinished, and then 10-ft later it turns back to the right opening into a 60-ft diameter room of uneven and natural stone, a boulder sitting in the middle with gold laying scattered across it. At the far end of the room is what seems to be a gap in the stone that would allow further progress.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-09, 02:41 PM
Wait. You stated that the room was natural stone. That implies the hallway wasn't natural stone? Was it metal?

Valter sighs, Hm, an empty room after a hallway with apparently nothing in it. This seems slightly suspicious. Alexandros fill the room with webs and see if there is anyone inside the room hiding invisibly. (Using his blind sense ability).

Can anyone detect for magic? I wouldn't be surprised if a druid or another spell caster was hiding merged into the stone. Or maybe a creature since I can't imagine a spell caster just hanging out in this room for too long of a duration. Does anyone know of any creatures that can burrow in natural stone?

Knowledge Nature to find creatures that can burrow/meld into stone. Preferring creatures that can ambush us out of the stone [roll0]

Zaydos
2014-10-09, 02:47 PM
Wait. You stated that the room was natural stone. That implies the hallway wasn't natural stone? Was it metal?

Worked stone, fitted blocks.

Most that can ambush out of stone would fall under other knowledges than Nature.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-09, 02:53 PM
Worth a shot. Some fey have meld into stone so I wasn't sure. Meld into stone seems a likely ambush tactic since it doesn't work on stone blocks. Most burrow speeds that involve stone don't really make an exception for stone blocks vs unworked stone I think. Thoqquas and the like. Earthglide also functions on both. It could be someone taking advantage of unworked stone. I think there are a ton of druid spells that require unworked stone but I don't see a regular druid hanging out here. Maybe a Dryad with a tree in the next room?

Gandariel
2014-10-09, 04:21 PM
I can dispel, but not detect. And i can only do that a few times per day, so i'd rather not waste it on the off-chance something is in the ground ready to ambush us. Let's just look around, and keep moving forward

TheEmperor
2014-10-09, 04:46 PM
Solar Macharius, a chosen of Lady Luck, ran up from behind the rest of the party, scythe in hand. He had come along with the rest of the party into the chamber, but then decided to give into "nature's call", and had promised to come back in after he'd been done. Obviously, he'd missed something, as everyone was just standing around a hallway. Likely were considering if it had a trap or not, but it could be something else. He whispered as he slowed down, and reached the rest of the party's position.

"And I'm back. What did I miss?"

current position is behind the party, but that will likely change after things go down

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-09, 05:26 PM
Eh, nothing much. Some scorpions but they really weren't much of a problem. Alexandros was the only one who got hurt and he is fine now.

Ya no need to risk an important limited resource like that on a hunch. Lets just go forward then.

Valter will move forward circling the edge of the room (Most likely pit/place to meld into stone is the center) and end up at the other side of the room once Alexandros scans the room with his web to determine there are no enemies hiding invisibly.

Demidos
2014-10-09, 09:15 PM
Alexandros takes a moment to center himself, and then reaches out with his power, webs erupting from him in a blanketing effect, covering the floor, walls, and ceiling of the room.

"All set."

Should sense anything unexpected touching any of the aforementioned surfaces.

Stop assuming i'll do things Silva.
See, MY plan for the turn turned out much better.
And was TOTALLY different from yours. That's why I'm the one running Alexandros. :smallyuk: :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2014-10-10, 03:15 PM
Alexandros feels something in his webs as Valter reaches the other side, a stony fist forming and striking him in the back of the head (24 damage before DR). A creature stretches halfway down from the ceiling, still more than five feet above the halfling's head, a creature of stone and dark earth, carrying with it the scent of the tomb. It seems to look at Valter with two eyes of dull coal, which despite their lusterless dullness seem to burn with a cold hatred and... what may be confusion.

You can feel a hungry void trying to suck something from you into itself to no avail.

It smells of stale air, rot, decay, and dust.

OoC: Alexandros may now act in the surprise round. Then it is Nam's turn, followed by the elemental's then party turn.

I will note I had forgotten Earth Glide worked through worked stone in this edition.

Little map (gives you an idea how big the elemental is)
-|-|_|-|-
-|E|E (V)|E|-
_|E|E|E|_
_|E|E|E|_
40-ft
-|_|_|_|-
-|A|_|-
-|N|S|-

Just use first initial, _ = empty square, - equals solid wall.

Demidos
2014-10-10, 09:30 PM
Alexandros chuckles at Valter's depressed look at seeing the elemental. "You pulled your fair share at the last encounter. Let the rest of us have some fun."

Dazing Webs
[roll0]
If it hits, entangled DC 17 fort save vs daze
Immobilizing Web
[roll1]
If it hits, entangled and DC 17 reflex save vs being immobilized (cant move/flee)
Tiring Webs
[roll2]
If it hits, entangled and DC 17 fortitude save vs fatigue (-2 dex/str, effectively). Technically you can fatigue elementals, as they aren't immune. If that seems silly, I can just use a direct damage web and roll 3d6+1 for damage.

Zaydos
2014-10-10, 09:33 PM
Touch attack or normal attack? And duration? Also fatiguing elementals makes as much sense as fatiguing demons.

Zaydos
2014-10-10, 10:40 PM
The latter two webs strike the elemental, wrapping around it.

OoC: Non-surprise round begins, Nam's turn.

Demidos
2014-10-11, 02:12 AM
Regular attack, not touch.

Immobilization lasts 1 round, fatigue one minute. Total penalties are as follows -- cannot move (immobilized) -7 dex (4 from entangled, 2 from fatigued, 1 from the fact that there's two webs on him) -2 str (fatigue), -3 attack rolls (entangled +1 for two webs)

I'm considering removing the stacking effects of webs -- it seems they might get a bit too confusing...

Gandariel
2014-10-11, 04:13 AM
Nam is, as always, ready to attack. As he sees the elemental is wrapped in webs and occupied with attacking his companion, he rushes in for a quick strike.

I assume i get the +2 for flanking
Charge and bite the enemy, Power attacking for 6
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Zaydos
2014-10-11, 04:42 AM
Nam is, as always, ready to attack. As he sees the elemental is wrapped in webs and occupied with attacking his companion, he rushes in for a quick strike.

I assume i get the +2 for flanking
Charge and bite the enemy, Power attacking for 6
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

The creature is more than 10-ft off the ground.

Gandariel
2014-10-11, 05:13 AM
OOC: Whops :P

Nam lets loose a powerful howl which empowers his allies, then moves forward towards the enemy and stands ready.

So, Champion's Howl: swift action, everyone gets +2 morale bonus to attacks and damage for 3 rounds.
I move 30 feet forward and ready an action to bite the elemental if he attacks me/enters my reach.

next turn i can (i think) use Anklets of Translocation and full attack, or at least soak up some damage while you fellows kill him.

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 11:23 AM
The elemental ignores the creature shooting webs at it, laying into Valter instead striking him twice (23 and 19 damage).

OoC: Party turn.

TheEmperor
2014-10-12, 12:46 PM
Solar immediately makes an attempt to get right down in to the action, and charges the elemental with as much force as he can, bringing his scythe up to slash right through it. As he closes the distance, he immediately attempts to jump, and tries to bring down his scythe to damage the elemental, in a reckless maneuver

Assuming the monster is 60 ft away, change according to any difference.
Charge 50 feet
Jump ten feet, which I have a +18 on
[roll0]
Leap Attack
Power Attack -5 from attack turns into +10 to damage, which is then turned into +15 by charge.
[roll1]
If hit,
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 01:07 PM
As he leaps the creature strikes Solar hard in the stomach (17 damage) before his scythe slices across its stony hide.

You can feel as something is sucked out of you, your very life force being siphoned away (1 negative level).

OoC: Gonna require a Balance check to stick the landing since you have to make the attack at the height of your jump and a charge usually immediately ends movement when you make the attack (which would be ending it with you in the air).

I'd have also reminded you that charging over natural stone dungeon floors requires a Balance check but you succeed on a 0 once synergy bonuses are included.

TheEmperor
2014-10-12, 01:29 PM
Negative levels. Woo. The problem behind being frontline.
Anyways, Balance

[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-12, 05:03 PM
Valter recovers his balance after being pummeled horribly and focuses on making himself more enduring. He uses enhance undead and spends 30 soul power to augment it to +23 Temporary Hit Points and +2 Dex and +2 Strength.

Actions depends on something. Can I touch myself as a move action and discharge my inflict light wounds with only spending a move action?

If so I use inflict light wounds on myself and heal [roll0] and then use Transfer Life, Hostile augmenting it with 20 soul power to make it ranged and removing the touch attack.

The elemental needs to make a will save versus the life leech attempt and take [roll1] points of damage. A will save halves the damage. Valter heals whatever damage the elemental takes from Transfer Life, Hostile.

If I can't I will use my standard action use Transfer Life Leech Hostile as above and let the inflict light wounds incantation discharge harmlessly.

After I spend my three remaining plague tokens to recover inflict light wounds and enhance undead.

Soul Power: 75 (Or 65 if I can't spend my move action to discharge inflict light wounds)

Gandariel
2014-10-12, 05:24 PM
After hearing the solid *thunk*s from Valter and realizing the danger, Nam tries his best to help defeat the foe with a flurry of blows.

OOC: TheEmperor, did you count the +2 morale bonus i gave you? maybe that would make you hit :D

Swift action use Anklets of translocation UP 10 feet, then full attack, if possible. If it isn't, just one attack, or whatever's allowed. If i can't make any attacks i'll just ready an action to strike if he enters my reach.

Roll time! I'm assuming that i DO get the flanking bonus, and that i do NOT get the bonus for my own Champion's howl (doesn't specify if i count as my ally, so i'm assuming i don't)

PA for 4

unarmed 1 [roll0] for [roll1] damage
bite [roll2] for [roll3] damage
claw [roll4] for [roll5] damage
claw [roll6] for [roll7] damage
unarmed 2 [roll8] for [roll9] damage

**EDIT** Correction: Claw attacks are 1d6 base, not 1d8. Reroll if you want, or just subtract 1 from the damage, or whatever you prefer

Also, balance check if needed [roll10]

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 05:27 PM
After hearing the solid *thunk*s from Valter and realizing the danger, Nam tries his best to help defeat the foe with a flurry of blows.

OOC: TheEmperor, did you count the +2 morale bonus i gave you? maybe that would make you hit :D

He did hit, substantially. I'll allow 1 attack while falling after teleporting up 10-ft, but not a full attack. And it's not flanked (1 elementals are immune to flanking, 2 no one else actually threatens it in melee). Also unless specified otherwise you are your own ally.

Swift action use Anklets of translocation UP 10 feet, then full attack, if possible. If it isn't, just one attack, or whatever's allowed. If i can't make any attacks i'll just ready an action to strike if he enters my reach.

Roll time! I'm assuming that i DO get the flanking bonus, and that i do NOT get the bonus for my own Champion's howl (doesn't specify if i count as my ally, so i'm assuming i don't)

PA for 4

unarmed 1 [roll0] for [roll1] damage
bite [roll2] for [roll3] damage
claw [roll4] for [roll5] damage
claw [roll6] for [roll7] damage
unarmed 2 [roll8] for [roll9] damage

**EDIT** Correction: Claw attacks are 1d6 base, not 1d8. Reroll if you want, or just subtract 1 from the damage, or whatever you prefer

Also, balance check if needed [roll10]
[/QUOTE]

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 05:37 PM
@Silva: Standard action still for touch spells even on yourself I believe; what's the DC on the Transfer Life Link effect (if it's 21 it failed)?

Gandariel
2014-10-12, 05:38 PM
Ok then :)

Just bite attack with 4 PA.

Attack roll: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Also, Dire Blooded (free power attack, natural weapons count as 2-handed) is a really strong Omega power, i'm lovin' it :D

EDIT: Dammit :/

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-12, 06:28 PM
There aren't any rules other than "The spell discharges when you touch something" so its a vague rules area. It is a DC 17 saving throw though (Plagues have a higher DC than my incantations and I took ability focus on them)

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 06:41 PM
Energy seeps from the elemental into Valter (It made it exactly) even as the werewolf's teeth miss by centimeters (confused the attack and damage).

Deimidos's turn once more and then the elemental's. Who will it attack? The scythe wielder who knocked a block out of it? The werewolf who almost bit it deep? The ghoul mage?

Demidos
2014-10-12, 07:59 PM
Who will it attack? Not the vampire, that's for sure :smallamused:
P.S., something I realized that's probably not worth changing stuff for, but everyone within the radius of the webs (that's everyone) takes a -10 to movespeed, including allies. Next level that'll go away, but...oops. Anyway, just so y'all know.

The vampire just smiles and continues spinning his nets, sending yet another one out to collide with the elemental. His allies may be foolish putting themselves in reach of such a creature without the protection of undeath, but that is always something that can be granted if they prove themselves worthy...
...or if they fall in the line of duty....

Crushing Web (plain damage)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zaydos
2014-10-12, 10:08 PM
The creature judges the three beneath it with but a glance and a moment's thought. It dismisses the ghoul with a shift of its eyes, focusing instead on the scythe wielder. He had hurt it, and if he did so again he could be problematic. It struck out at him, hammering a blow onto his back (15 damage) and then a second straight into his head (CRITICAL HIT 49 damage) at his head only to be caught in the webs around it (I forgot fortune's shield... this is what happens when I make a class while doing exercise routines at the Y.

Each attack siphons more of your lifeforce (2 negative levels).

OoC: :smalleek: :smallfrown: Party turn. I believe it is lightly wounded (<90%), but not wounded (<70%). I do have to double check total damage dealt to it.

Also the Emperor gets 200 points and the "The Dice Hate You" achievement... because double nat 20 on a dangerous monster's attack means they do.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-13, 12:29 AM
Man the lucky character got crit. Nice irony there :smalltongue:

Valter will heal himself with inflict light wounds, [roll0]

Gandariel
2014-10-13, 12:41 AM
OOC: Yay, usefulness!
should we consider retreat? If we get back to a corridor with low ceilings we can all attack him better.

Also, Emperor, I can toss you a CLW potion.

The friendly neighbourhood spiderman here can pick it off from afar, and I still have 80 hp, some DR and regeneration

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-13, 01:00 AM
If you have regeneration can I smack you with the mental plague which lowers your will save temporarily? It will deal 3 damage a round but it really helps my survivability. If we go into the corridor it can still attack us. It can earth glide through worked stone. Also it can just phase into the roof to hide again and we can't hurt it again if we stop pouring webs on it.

Demidos
2014-10-13, 01:46 AM
The spindly creature called Alexandros frowned at the sudden fate of his companion. "I can hold it down, but I am unsure I can damage it quickly enough alone. Still, if you can't hurt it, you may as well retreat."

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-13, 01:53 AM
Valter stares at the elemental on the roof, No retreat. We can take this, it can't kill me and it is a dumb hunk of rock. I refuse to be defeated by a hunk of rock

Gandariel
2014-10-13, 03:34 AM
OOC: I only have regeneration 1, but go ahead. I don't really have much to do with my HP at the moment :)

Zaydos
2014-10-13, 04:13 PM
Solar, being the lucky sod that he is, manages to avoid being entirely crippled, decides to retaliate, despite this not being a most optimal course of action. He brings down his scythe once, turns it around with an unnatural speed granted to him by his enchanted blade, and brings it up. It was time to screw over the fellow with a good old fashioned knockdown.

Attack roll 1
[roll0]
Attack Roll 2
[roll1]
Attack Roll 3
[roll2]
Dmg rolls
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
I also declare a Lucky Strike for damage on any one attack that hits.
[roll6]

OOC: after this, I'm making a break for it. A glass cannon, not a frontliner.

Are you jumping up or else how are you going to reach it?

Gandariel
2014-10-13, 05:46 PM
i'm waiting until Emperor's turn. Do you have a way to reach it? can i help? (even Aid another is better than nothing)

Demidos
2014-10-14, 10:29 PM
Yet another exciting full attack --

Dazing Webs
[roll0]
DC 17 vs daze (Fort) 1 round

Immobilizing Webs
[roll1]
DC 17 vs immovilization (Ref) 1 round

[roll2]
DC 17 vs slowed for 5 feet for 5 rounds (i'll keep track of the round durations, if you'd prefer me to handle it)

Zaydos
2014-10-15, 02:22 AM
Only the first web strikes the necromental, the creature barely seeming to note it.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-15, 04:19 PM
Valter, seeing his ally barely survive and dodge out of the way of the elemental's fist yells out, Retreat! I will draw it's attention. With that Valter takes the total defense action (Bringing his ac to 36) and moves 5ft drawing an AOO from the elemental which Valter really hopes doesn't speak common.

If the elemental hits and burns through his 23 temporary hit points Valter will just put them back up again spending the 30 soul power he needs to do so.

Zaydos
2014-10-15, 04:20 PM
The elemental ignores Valter as a non-threat, its eyes still focused on the scythe-wielder.

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-15, 04:25 PM
Stupid intelligent necroelemental. I have dealt the second most damage to it with transfer life >.>

Zaydos
2014-10-15, 04:26 PM
Stupid intelligent necroelemental. I have dealt the second most damage to it with transfer life >.>

Actually comes down more to you being undead. If you're retreating it doesn't care as long as you are hitting it while doing so. The rest of the party, however, are delicious.

Gandariel
2014-10-16, 12:14 AM
Semi OOC: Nam looks around for the scythe wielder, which seems to have made a surprisingly high Hide check

TheEmperor
2014-10-16, 06:39 AM
The Chosen of Luck looked up, and swallowed down whatever was building up in his throat. Being right under... the thing, wasn't quite where he wanted to be... ever. He dived from under, and rolled, trying to move away without getting hit, and putting all the rest of his effort into not getting murdered horribly.

Tumble
[roll0]

Gandariel
2014-10-19, 09:56 AM
Nam hasn't much to do, so he stands ready to confront the beast.

OOC: readied action to bite if he attacks me, pass the turn otherwise

Zaydos
2014-10-19, 10:14 AM
The necromental glares balefully at Solar for a moment, before brutally striking out at Nam. Nam's teeth gnash wildly at the creature clamping shut with great force a split moment before they would have caught its arm, as the elemental strikes hard into him with two furious pummels (35 damage after DR, 2 negative levels) the first striking his chin and the latter striking him full on the skull.

It is party turn.

Gandariel
2014-10-19, 12:31 PM
The quantum flux pushes his teeth into 4 Power Attack points, and, despite the hard pummeling, he bit the elemental as hard as he could.

attack roll [roll0] for [roll1] damage

Zaydos
2014-10-19, 12:39 PM
Quantum wave front collapsed. And a miss, your (party's) luck pains me.

Gandariel
2014-10-19, 02:28 PM
Ookay. so i'm at 69 hp and have 34 nonlethal damage piled up.

On his turn, Nam realizes that, despite all odds, there aren't many chances left, so he'd better fight.
He is staying there and readying himself to strike once more, if the opportunity were to arise

[OOC] I have regeneration, i would just be incapacitated even if he hits me more. Soaking up damage is all i can do while you guys deal him more damage.

Demidos
2014-10-22, 01:15 PM
Slowing Web!
[roll0]
Reflex Save vs being slowed by 5 feet!

Slowing Web!
[roll1]

Slowing Web!
[roll2]

Its Critically effective!
:smalltongue:

Silva Stormrage
2014-10-22, 01:53 PM
Valter shouts to Nam, Sorry but I think at this point you might be more effective as a battery than as a meat shield. The elemental seems to want to focus on the living targets and it can drain your energy and bypass your regeneration. Just fall back and we will try to cover you and deal with it while Alex pins it down.

OOC: With that Valter will hit Nam with a mental plague (-1 on will saves for every failed save). This gives one plague token every turn as long as Nam keeps failing will saves (Please auto fail this encounter can't seem to inflict will saves and I can negate the penalty right after the encounter.

TheEmperor
2014-11-03, 05:31 PM
Solar began to realize that he was quite badly wounded, and decided to make a run for it, running quite fast back to the opening of the chamber, and doing the best he could to not trip

I could have sworn I had already posted
WIthdraw action, to mouth of room

Zaydos
2014-11-04, 12:56 AM
The creature roars continuing to strike at the werewolf, its baleful eyes moving towards the scythe-wielder filled with hate and hunger. Its fists hammer down onto the werewolf twice (31 damage after DR and 2 negative levels) causing him to fall to the ground unconscious.

OoC: Party turn; sorry been kind of out of it this last month and a half; should have pushed this forward myself earlier.

Silva Stormrage
2014-11-04, 02:10 AM
Valter sighs, I told him to get back…

Valter uses draining plague on Valter.

Gandariel
2014-11-04, 12:53 PM
Nam has had a chance to bite (without power attack?)

In that case [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Also, i'm still there :)

Zaydos
2014-11-04, 02:03 PM
Nam has had a chance to bite (without power attack?)

In that case [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Also, i'm still there :)

Yes meant to post that in the OoC when I remembered in the morning but things came up.

Also your luck saddens me.

Demidos
2014-11-11, 08:21 PM
Alexandros moves closer along the ceiling, and fires a blast of webbing at first the elemental and then Nam, clearly hoping to immobilize the elemental and pushing Nam to safety.

[roll0]
DC 17 vs Immobilization
Bullrush check [roll1] Moves 5 ft per 5 points above 1 I roll.
Aaand last round of my increased attack rate is up. We'll see what happens. :smallamused: