PDA

View Full Version : maneuvers that boost combat prowess

KingSmitty
2014-09-23, 03:57 PM
So i have this half giant name Wulfgar, he does a decently large amount of damage compared to the rest of the party and im looking to multiclass with some warblade and swordsage and maybe Crusader

But idk which maneuvers to choose from...

Currently he's level 5 bought the LA off.
My build is Spirit Lion Wolf Totem City Brawler Barbarian 2 Fighter 2 Feat Rogue 1 going into Berserk 1 and then probably swordsage at level 7 and crusader at 8, focusing on warblade at 9-20

Is this a good idea? Warblade at level 9 only for the fact i want my higher level maneuvers to be able to use the warblade recovery method. What would be worth it?
I know of the really good ones (IRON HEART SURGE!!!) Combinimg IHS with Evasion and Mad Foam Rager and Steadfast Determination I am not too worried about my low saves

Part of me is thinking to take swordsage first so i can get the prereqs out of the way (does that count for being warblade preqs?) for crusader and warblade but part of me wants to wait for crusader at level 11 for thicket of blades.

I know this isnt an optimal build but my party is very low optimization so its not a big deal, im more focusing on abilities since with 3d6 + 5 str (+7 whilst raging and +10 if both raging and using berserk's battle fury) i triiger my Knockdown feat every time i hit. a few extra dice from maneuvers is wanted though I wouldnt mind more utility based maneuvers. Im not even considering using any of the concentration based save maneuvers because i cant concentrate when im enraged.

What would you suggest?

Troacctid
2014-09-23, 04:15 PM
Part of me is thinking to take swordsage first so i can get the prereqs out of the way (does that count for being warblade preqs?) for crusader and warblade but part of me wants to wait for crusader at level 11 for thicket of blades.

Yes, you can meet prerequisites for maneuvers that way. If you need to know one Stone Dragon maneuver, you can know it from any class.

Note that you can only take a 1st-level stance at your first level of Crusader, no matter what your initiator level is, so delaying the dip until 11 won't help you get Thicket of Blades. You'd need to take another level. However, it would probably be easier to pay 3000 gp and simply wear a Devoted Spirit Amulet to get the stance without spending another level.

KingSmitty
2014-09-23, 04:50 PM
pay 3000 gp and simply wear a Devoted Spirit Amulet to get the stance without spending another level.

Brilliant idea! I'm trying to maximize the amount of combat options available to me without making all the monsters i fight against be one-shotted forcing my DM to just simply increase their health. Or i feel my party will all die and leave me in my glory...which isnt necessarily a bad thing depending on your POV