PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for Monster (high DR, corporeal)

Firechanter
2014-09-24, 02:40 AM
Can you guys suggest a couple of monsters to put into a kind of arena gauntlet challenge?

In particular, I am looking for something with the following traits:
- ideally, CR 10-11
- DR 15/X
- not overly affected by Antimagic Field; i.e.: few Su traits, no incorporeal Undead.
- official Paizo content, ideally from the Bestiaries.
- optional: melee and ranged attacks.

Iron Golem almost fits the bill but is a little too high CR.
Most lower-CRed stuff I could find only has DR 10/X. Will have to do in a pinch but is not ideal.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. :)

Incorrect
2014-09-24, 04:01 AM
Im AFB, but how about a DR10/x monster with adamantine heavy armor?

Sayt
2014-09-24, 04:03 AM
There doesn't seem to be anything in the core bestiaries. DR 15 is pretty heavy, the kinds of things that have DR 15 are Very Old Dragons and extremely powerful outsiders.

The Nightskitter Nighshade from Undead Revisted is CR 12 with DR 15/good and silver. It's a little high, but it's also somewhat vulnerable to AMFs, having supernatural and SLA abilities.

You could also try an Invulnerable Rager Barbarian 12 with Improved Stalwart.

Firechanter
2014-09-24, 04:28 AM
Okay, I see.

I found some stuff that has pretty high DR but relies overly much on [Su]-s, so that won't mesh well with the AMF idea.
I was also pointed towards the Alchemical Golem and Juggernaut, which both only have DR10, but some other abilities that should make such an encounter interesting.

Invul Rager with Improved Stalwart might also be an idea, going away from purely monstrous challenges. Thanks, I'll look into that.

hamishspence
2014-09-24, 04:32 AM
3.0 monsters in MM2, Fiend Folio, etc that were converted to 3.5 and retain high DR, might work, if there are any.

Hamste
2014-09-24, 04:46 AM
3.0 monsters in MM2, Fiend Folio, etc that were converted to 3.5 and retain high DR, might work, if there are any.

Pathfinder not d&d 3.5