PDA

View Full Version : BrigadeCon - Charity

Broken Twin
2014-09-24, 08:37 AM
Mods: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't think I'm breaking any forums rules posting here. Let me know?

Okay, so apparently a group called RPG Brigade is doing a free digital RPG convention for charity called BrigadeCon. I'm kind of interested in checking it out, but to be honest, I've never heard of these guys, and the majority of information I can find on them is youtube videos, which I can't exactly watch at work. So I guess my point in posting this here is twofold.

First, has anyone on the playground heard of RPG Brigade before, and if so, what's your opinion on them? I'm debating on playing at this con, but I'm not really interested if they've got a bad reputation.

Second, if they are legit, then a little bit of advertisement for them probably wouldn't be a bad thing. The donations go towards Child's Play, which I've always had a fondness for.

[Information] (http://www.brigadecon.org/)

moxymundi
2014-10-22, 12:16 PM
Mods: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't think I'm breaking any forums rules posting here. Let me know?

Okay, so apparently a group called RPG Brigade is doing a free digital RPG convention for charity called BrigadeCon. I'm kind of interested in checking it out, but to be honest, I've never heard of these guys, and the majority of information I can find on them is youtube videos, which I can't exactly watch at work. So I guess my point in posting this here is twofold.

First, has anyone on the playground heard of RPG Brigade before, and if so, what's your opinion on them? I'm debating on playing at this con, but I'm not really interested if they've got a bad reputation.

Second, if they are legit, then a little bit of advertisement for them probably wouldn't be a bad thing. The donations go towards Child's Play, which I've always had a fondness for.

[Information] (http://www.brigadecon.org/)

Hey there, Broken Twin!

My opinion on the Brigade might be a bit biased, as I'm actually a member of the YouTube RPG Brigade and one of the chief organizers of the Con. If you have any questions about myself, the Con, the Brigade, or whether or not a Beholder with a cornea infection has disadvantage on all rolls requiring sight with that eye, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. :-D

The reason most of the information on the Brigade can only be found on YouTube is because that was the original social network in which the group was formed. I have been a steady member for just over two years, and have never seen anything that could give our organization a bad name during that time period. If there's ever anyone that could be perceived as disrespectful or bullying within the Brigade, they have been quickly banned from the group, and that has only happened once during my time here. :-) I think that's a pretty good run!

All in all, yes. The Brigade is making zero profit on the Con itself, as all proceeds from voluntary t-shirt sales and donations go directly to the Child's Play charity. If you desire any other information on the Convention, the charity, or the people within the Brigade, look no further than www.BrigadeCon.org, or Facebook.com/BrigadeCon.

Thanks for the post, dude!

-Barker
www.YouTube.com/BeABetterGameMaster