PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Talky Bard Assistance

thematgreen
2014-09-24, 12:06 PM
Greetings!

I am going to be playing in a Rise of the Runelords campaign and want to make a bard who is good at talky stuff and that kind of thing.

We will start at level 7 and here is what I have so far:

Race: Dhampir
-Alternate racial trait: Day Walker
Class: Bard
Starting Gold: 25,000 Gold

Stats (Roll 4d6, keep best three)
------------------------------------
Str:12
Dex: 18 (16+2 Racial)
Con: 13 (15-2 Racial)
Int:16
Wis: 16
Cha: 20 (18 +2 Racial)

Preferred Skill Focus:
----------------------
Bluff
Intimidate
Dimplomacy
Linguistics
Use Magic Device
Perform: Choice based on replacing 1 or 2 of the above.

Weapon: Whip (or Net) just to mess with combatants and help the others.

Traits:
Something that improves Bluff and Initiative

Spell Choices: Either a focus on Charms or Illusion, not both, for flavor reasons.

Feats:
He is going to be the face of our small group. My wife is playing a spear fighter who doesn't talk much and we will have a druid who wants to be in animal form as much as possible. We have two others also, but we don't know what they want to play.

My feat choices are going to be based on talking people to my way of thinking and talking the group out of trouble, while using Charm spells or Illusions to defend against what my talking good skills can't fix and hiding behind the fighter otherwise.

What advice I am looking for is a good set up of spells, gear and feats based on the above listed information.

I have all standard Pathfinder stuff available, and could make 3rd party stuff work as long as I could provide a source.

I am open to different races or classes that do what I want as above, so feel free to give advice.

thematgreen
2014-09-25, 11:59 AM
Okay, so I got views, but it seems that nobody wants to help. I've seen other build help questions get assistance so I am bumping this and hoping for the best.

illyahr
2014-09-25, 12:30 PM
With the Bard's Versatile Performer ability, you really don't need to double up too much. He gets it several times and you pick a Perform Skill. You use your modifier in that skill in place of two other skills. I think Woodwinds can be used in place of Diplomacy so you don't need to do double ranks.

I would suggest putting a few ranks into each of Know(Arcane, Planes, Religion, Dungeoneering, Nature, and Nobility) so you have at least basic understanding of who and what you are talking to.

Also, learn as many languages as possible. If you can't understand them, you can't talk to them.

I once convinced a cult of Asmodeus that I was their background ominous chanter by singing Highway to Hell in Infernal at level 10. :smallcool: