PDA

View Full Version : The First of the Dungeonscape Betas have been released.

eastmabl
2014-09-24, 01:27 PM
I've gotten one, at least, although I was probably one of the first people to sign up for the beta.

I had been wanting to build a half elf rogue with a sailor background for the past couple of days, but I keep leaving my PHB at home. I put together Banjax in about five minutes - it was all very smooth. I would recommend it.

Anyone have any questions?

Socko525
2014-09-24, 02:01 PM
From what I was able to gather, it's just character creation information availble currently correct?

Based on what you've been able to play around with, would you use it in place of a physical character sheet?

eastmabl
2014-09-24, 03:14 PM
From what I was able to gather, it's just character creation information availble currently correct?

Based on what you've been able to play around with, would you use it in place of a physical character sheet?

Just character creation from what I can tell.

I am unsure about whether I would eschew a physical character sheet for it. I would need to play a game with it. On the one hand, it's nice to have my sheet with all the relevant rules. I feel that at low levels, I could take it or leave it (but newer players might dig), but it would be amazingly helpful in higher tier play.

pwykersotz
2014-09-25, 02:44 PM
How do they handle spells? Is it interactive? Does it allow a quick reselection of a prepared list? Are there counters in place to tell you how many spells have been used? Is there a single button to refresh your spell slots?

JamesT
2014-09-25, 03:48 PM
Any way to export a PDF?

archaeo
2014-09-25, 06:31 PM
This thread over on EN World contains a lot of the answers to these questions. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?364406-Monster-Manual-and-Players-Hand-Book-Power-Levels)