PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arcanist Exploit Guide (live)

arkangel111
2014-09-24, 01:36 PM
I recently started an Arcanist and was having trouble deciding what to pick. So I made a guide. I'm more than willing to take suggestions so just post your thoughts below and I'll take the consensus into consideration. I have rarely played a full caster, but I troll the boards/guides a lot and have used the various guides as an example for my own. Its my first guide go easy. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ngE4K01x29u6VBA_4fdrtEWnGR3ZlvLVKQKwRlyREUM/edit?usp=sharing

Made it in Google docs for now and will transfer here eventually.

andreww
2014-09-24, 02:30 PM
I recently started an Arcanist and was having trouble deciding what to pick. So I made a guide. I'm more than willing to take suggestions so just post your thoughts below and I'll take the consensus into consideration. I have rarely played a full caster, but I troll the boards/guides a lot and have used the various guides as an example for my own. Its my first guide go easy. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ngE4K01x29u6VBA_4fdrtEWnGR3ZlvLVKQKwRlyREUM/edit?usp=sharing

Made it in Google docs for now and will transfer here eventually.
I am not sure how Potent Spells isn't solid blue. Extra DC and caster level which you can apply to whatever spell you need to do is a far better use of your arcane pool than any of the damage cap.

arkangel111
2014-09-24, 02:39 PM
I agree it is a better use than most exploits. I did green because your already getting +1 from the standard ability which requires no investment (no exploit needed). So the exploit is only granting another +1. While its amazing I am not sure if its a must have. Its great for special circumstances but ultimately if your gonna spend the point anyways I think you should get more out of it than a +1.

Edit:And its an extra DC or caster level not both.

Incorrect
2014-09-29, 01:39 AM
You missed the Metamixing exploit.

Maybe I'm confused, but how does Bloodline development -> arcane bond, allow you to grab a quickened 4th and a 9th level spell?
I thought that it was only one, and it couldn't be altered by metamagic.