PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Monk Help Plz

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-09-25, 03:35 PM
Ok so I want to play a Qinggong Monk Sensei of the Four Winds

I know Sensei can give out class abilities by spending Ki, Qinggong can get some interesting abilities. Four Wind gives you slow time at the same time Sensei lets you effect all party members with an ability at the same time (Within 30 Ft).

What feats, race, and gear should I use to make this the best buffer of the party as well as myself. While still being able to do more then stand around and make everyone else be awesome.

Nihilarian
2014-09-25, 10:16 PM
Are you aware that Slow Time specifies that you can use the standard actions to "take a melee attack action, use a skill, use an extraordinary ability, or take a move action."? In other words, you can't use them to use Mystic Wisdom or most of the Quingong abilities. Is that what you were going for?

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-09-26, 12:00 AM
Are you aware that Slow Time specifies that you can use the standard actions to "take a melee attack action, use a skill, use an extraordinary ability, or take a move action."? In other words, you can't use them to use Mystic Wisdom or most of the Quingong abilities. Is that what you were going for?

I mean Slow Time is a class feature, it can be shared with the whole party if they are within 30 feet of my monk at 12th level.
I was asking if people knew good feat and gear to better highlight and enhance my inspire courage and other abilities I can grant to my party. Like at 12th level I am giving everyone in 30 ft +5 natural armor.

Rickshaw
2014-09-26, 12:04 AM
Well there are a couple guides out there for monks, feel free to check out my sig for more info on feats and gear.

Generally you want high str and power attack to take advantage of full bab flurry of blows, so staying relevant in melee means pretend to be a barbarian.

You really don't need that high of a wis to have plenty of ki, so as long as you don't dump it you won't have too much MAD to worry about.

Humans are good for just about all builds and classes.