PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Understanding multiclass casting (bard/Warlock)

AmbientRaven
2014-09-25, 10:20 PM
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to make a level 12 character (focused on healing, with some buffs/debuffs) and was recommended to look at a Bard10/Warlock2 by a friend.
I haven't played fifth, and i have never multi-classed a caster in 3.5 so I'm a little rusty on how it works.

From what I have gathered is it something like this?

I have access to the spell casts available on the multi-class table (so 4,4,3,3,3,2,1) for being level 12.
I know 2 Warlock cantrips and 3 first level warlock spells.
I know 4 bard cantrips and 14 bard spells.

I can cast either bard or warlock spells as long as the casts per day don't excede my allowance. I can cast the bard spells using the warlock slots (so cure wounds) and re-gain them after a short rest (So can ALL my 1st level spells be re-gained after a short rest, or only 2 as 2nd level warlock only has 2 slots) ?

Is there something I am missing here?

Thank you for your time, and help

Shadow
2014-09-25, 10:35 PM
4+2,3,3,3,2

Warlocks are an exception to the normal spell slot rules shown in the multiclass section. Read the part there about pact magic, which applies to warlock multiclasses.
You have the slots of a 10th level bard and two extra 1st level slots that recharge on a short rest.

AmbientRaven
2014-09-26, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply shadow!
So was i correct in spells known regarding cantrips (ie. can i pick form warlock cantrip lists)?

Daishain
2014-09-26, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reply shadow!
So was i correct in spells known regarding cantrips (ie. can i pick form warlock cantrip lists)?
Yes, you'd have 2 from the warlock list, and 4 from the bard list