PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magic gear for a 15th level sorcerer

Zubrowka74
2014-09-26, 11:42 AM
Following this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370969-Fun-PF-Lvl-15-Builds&p=18083518#post18083518) I set my mind on Red Fel's idea, a Kitsune sorcerer with the Rakshasa bloodline, so focused mainly on shapeshifting illusion and dispels - with destructive dispel thrown in for the kicks.

All that's left for me to do is buy gear with 240K gold... But no matter how I fiddle around, I end up engulfing way too much in trying to get a decent AC. I haven't played with a lot of high level features in PF yet so I'm a bit off-balance.

What are the main items to look out for? Immunities, regeneration, wands and scroll to patch up the holes in my spell list?

Spore
2014-09-26, 12:21 PM
1) AC isn't AS important but you need ways to reduce your incoming physical damage.
- Overland Flight/Fly takes care of mundane melees.
- Concealment spells take care of the damage (50% of the shots missed, rest into Mirror Images)

2) Saves are EVERYTHING. Take the +5 Cloak of Resistance.

3) Cha-Head plus Headband of "take +3 on all Charisma rolls" is also a given for me. Yes, you can wear both.

4) Dex and Con are equally important. I'd go for +4/+4 or +6/+6 or if your DM allows it +4 Dex/+6 Con.

5) Your two main choices for robes are the Robe of Arcane Heritage (ups your Sorcerer level by 4 for bloodline powers, so you get capstone at 15) or Robe of the (alignment) archmagi to up spell resistance checks, to remove your cloak of resistance to make room for cooler cloaks and get some AC.

6) I find Bracers of Armor Class tiresome. I'd just get +1 Bracers with various armor enchantments. You could stack Fire Resistance 10, Improved Shadow (+10 on Stealth, in addition to +20/+40 from Invis and probably investments) and Determination onto it (Breath of Life 1/day after you drop below 0). Then you'd go for some sort of Fortification to reduce the number of crits and sneaks.

7) Get Arcane Sight permanencied onto you. It's easier to counterspell and dispel when you know the highest level of spells your enemies carry. Make sure this is made by the highest possible caster level. Since dispelling it would hurt.

8) If anything is left, invest into your on Mithril Golem as a shield guardian. Nothing says: "Which one of these golems is the real one?" like a mithril fist into your face.

Zubrowka74
2014-09-26, 12:36 PM
Ah, I'd forgotten that the bracers could be enchanted with armor qualities other than just armor bonus. Good catch, because items in PF seem to lack a lot in the immunities department.

The golem is a no go, though, because WBL. At level 15 it's 240K.

Spore
2014-09-26, 02:33 PM
The golem is a no go, though, because WBL. At level 15 it's 240K.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/85/ee/e1/85eee1c0e64ae0942932cf6a61fe70b6.jpg