PDA

View Full Version : Iron Gods and Iron Masks

Pattimus
2014-09-26, 03:25 PM
In southern Numeria, situated upon what has been long known as Black Hill, the town of Torch has for over a hundred years enjoyed a singular claim to fame; the enormous beam of violet light that gave the town its name provides ideal conditions for melting skymetal, making Torch one of only two places on Golarion where skymetal can be forged. This is the sole source of the town's wealth, necessary for it to make payments to the notoriously brutal Technic League.

Now, this flame has gone out. Where the town's livelihood burned continuously for the last century there is now only a seeping pit of rubble and bubbling fluids. Not only is the town at great financial risk, but it has lost it's primary method of refuse disposal, and waste is beginning to fill the streets. The crisis has not gone unanswered, and several adventuring parties have been sent to investigate, including the town's most well loved councilor and one of its best wizards, Khonnir Baine. Khonnir went missing after his group's second expedition under Black Hill. Now his return is valued even more than the revival of the violet flame, and the town council has promised a 4,000 gold piece reward. If he is returned alive, they also promise a valuable piece of magic: A scroll of resurrection. Those interested have been asked to visit the Town Hall to speak with the council.

inertia709
2014-09-26, 09:27 PM
I head to the meeting, wearing my formal wear (my Razmiran mask and silken ceremonial armour).

Edit: This is Adam if that wasn't clear. My avatar is a male arcanist to make it easier to know who's posting.

snekochan
2014-09-26, 10:26 PM
Tug tug tug

"You've got to be kidding me." Estelle shut the heavy door behind her, muffled bells jangling inside the store.
Tug tug tug

"You could just tell me! Honestly Delilah!" She shrugged off her cloak, draping it over her arm as she crouched next to a brilliantly white fox spinning dizzy circles on the front stoop. "Hey! Stop it!" As she reached out a hand, the fox stopped, raising one paw in answer as she rested her palm between snowy ears.

Up! Read! We go, imperative.

They were less words and more electric comprehension burning into her mind. Estelle shuddered, looking up at the poster tacked to the general store's front bulletin board.

She frowned, standing. As she did, Delilah yipped, making a graceful hop onto her shoulder.
"... Missing?" She eyed poorly printed words, the intense desire to investigate crackling over all other thoughts. "Hey. Hey! I get it." She swatted the fox's flank, fiddling with the buckle on her pack. She had been planning to move on tonight... she glanced northwards, to the silent, darkened peak. Another insistent pulse started an ache behind her eyes. "Fine."

She strode through the street, passing the gaze of bar patrons in the Foundry tavern. She ignored their dark eyes following the golden haired madwoman snapping at a fox.

Dodging scampering children and solemn faced house wives whispering to husbands who should have been working, she turned a quick right into the market square, passing food carts, jewelry peddlers and arms dealers. Though more crowded than the street, here too was the hush of sharp whispers- "Gone!"; "Have the others returned?"; "We can't pay!"; "It had to be androids- there're more of the bastards than ever!"; "No, it was the damn Technic league!"; "You *******! Of course I'll bone her tonight! What do you take me for?" Estelle clenched her teeth as the urge to run bubbled up her spine. Delilah had always hated crowds. She stroked the thick tail looped over her shoulders, but the feeling didn't abate, not even once they squeezed past a wheezing, hacking man pushing a wheelbarrow of -now potentially useless- starmetal, and made it out of the square.

Sighing, Estelle bunched her cloak more tightly in her arms and broke into a sprint, heading for the Town Hall, the whispers and smells of the market fading.
"You better be right about this." She panted, feeling claws digging into her skin as Delilah bounced on her shoulder. The answering borderline-smug-calm only made her scowl as she crossed the bridge. "Ugh!" She swatted Delilah's white flank as a stitch bloomed in her side. "And NO! You most certainly are NOT getting an extra sausage at supper tonight."

Delilah harrumphed.

Edward Newgate
2014-09-27, 07:14 AM
"So this is my glorious return home."Abel sighed as he briskly walked towards the town hall.

Reaching into his satchel Abel puled out his holy symbol of Brigh a bronze mask of the goddesses likeness. "I mean I go away for a few months to do a little research and what do I come home to?" He rhetorically asked the symbol. "A town slowly drowning in its own filth and a father who somehow got himself lost" Abel let out another large sigh as he put the mask away.

Having finished his ramble he finally noticed several onlookers were observing his little rant those who recognized him laughing at his expense. His cheeks flushing from embarrassment Able began running towards town hall. "I wonder if Val's doing well" He thought and allowed himself a small smile as he closed in on the town hall.

P.S. This is Greg btw.

snekochan
2014-09-27, 07:39 PM
Estelle paused for breath, eyeing the bulky stone building across the street. Men and woman bustled through the broad main doors, scribes furiously scribbling and councilmen whispering among themselves.

Blast this heat!

She rested her hands on her knees, sweat running down her back as she tried to coax her lungs into drawing air in reasonable amounts. Her efforts were quickly compromised as trio of guardsmen bustled past, struggling with a reeking cart.

Delilah hopped to the ground, her paws kicking up gravel. She sat, curling her tail around herself with a dainty yip, cocking her head as a man strode past them, muttering to a statue in his hand.

Estelle rolled her eyes as Delilah glanced up at her. "No, that still doesn't make it normal for me to talk to you." Sighing, she unrolled her cloak, draping the heavy, woolen garment over her shoulders and fastening the silver clasp. Breath regained, she quickly twisted her braid into a bun, watching the Hall's windows as she tucked in the hairs that had blown loose in her rush. Even as she did, impatience poked at her. Grunting, she held out an arm and Delilah leapt onto it, her claws flexing in the heavy cloak. "Delilah, I swear, you better not put another hole in it!" Estelle hissed as she crossed the street. She mounted the steps, hesitated by the door and took a deep breath.

Delilah's prodding vanished.

Tossing her head, she swept into the lobby, boots clacking on the floor. Delilah sat up straight on her perch, ears pricked forward, her tail a scarf around Estelle's neck.

The lobby was large, with tall, grated windows and benches lining its walls. Despite the people she had seen popping though the main doors, however, the room was vacant except for the muttering man and a second... man, she supposed, dressed in scarlet robes and a mask.

"Somewhat underwhelming," she hissed out of the corner of her mouth. "I figured there'd be more people concerned that Bain is missing." She hushed immediately as she approached the gentleman in red, eyeing his mask. "Hi." She extended a hand. "I'm Estelle."

inertia709
2014-09-27, 10:15 PM
Vicarius studied the white robed women from across the room as she approached, unimpressed. He wondered if that reek he smelled was coming from her mangy beast.

"Hi." She extended a hand. "I'm Estelle."

"Greetings! I am Brother Vicarius, witness and prophet of the The Living God," Vicarius said. "Praise Razmir for blessing me with such a lovely companion. And what a lovely little companion you have yourself!" Vicarius's warm tone gave no hint of the cold expression behind his silver mask.

Just as Vicarius finished introducing himself, a slender man with a strange metal weapon on his side entered the room.

Edward Newgate
2014-09-27, 10:59 PM
Able adjusted his black leather duster and stepped forward. Raising one taloned hand he removed his hat and gave an over exaggerated bow
"I go by the name of Able Baine and in the name of the clockwork goddess in all her bronzed beauty it is a pleasure to meet you both."

Placing his hat back in place, his exuberance quickly faded when he noticed that these two seemed to be the only ones her for the same reason as him "I guess the old man's reputation has gone down if the people willing to help is us"

A look of exhaustion crossed his avian features the trip home had existed him more than he realized. Leaning against the wall he sighed letting his amber eyes shut for a moment as he regained his bearings.

Pattimus
2014-09-28, 05:58 AM
Alerted to the presence of adventurers by a younger clerk, one of the councillors walked into the lobby to brief the three. She is an older dwarf woman, her face careworn, but still spry and strong enough to carry an ornate black warhammer strung across her back. Abel would likely recognize her as Dolga Freddert. She beamed a smile at the ensemble once she recognized one of their number.

"Hello, Abel. It's good to see you back. I suppose you and your compatriots are planning to search the Black Hill caves after Khonnir. There's an underwater passage connecting them to Weeping Pond. Khonnir noticed a large number of humanoid footprints on the pond's bank-he was there the day the fires went out, eight days ago, testing the water to make sure it hadn't grown more toxic-and he realized a sizable group of people had entered the pond but had not emerged. I'm sure you won't need motivation, but for the return of Khonnir we can offer four thousand gold, and if it isn't needed, a scroll of resurection. There's an additional equivalent coin reward if the torch can be reignited, but of course your stepfather's return is our first prioirity."

The older woman licked her lips, trying to observe the party's expressions before continuing-though it was quite difficult in some cases.

"Are there any questions?"

inertia709
2014-09-28, 05:04 PM
"Well first I must ask what is my lady's name, of course," said Vicarius.

"Dolga, Dolga Freddert," she replied.

"A pleasure to meet you, Dolga," Vicarius said with a slight bow, his eyes never leaving hers. "I am Brother Vicarius, witness and prophet of The Living God."

Vicarius stood up straight and placed his thumb and index finger on his chin, pausing to think for a moment.

"You say that there is a sizeable group of people who entered the pond and did not emerge... Are there any people, other than our poor Khonnir, who are known to be missing? Or more to the point: Do you know who these pond-delving people may be?"

Pattimus
2014-09-28, 05:23 PM
"A pleasure to meet you." She responded, apparently not knowing anything of the cult of Razmir.

Well, we don't know who left the original tracks. Word about town puts the blame on the Technic League, but they recieve the blame for every misfortune in the area, warranted or not." She decided not to mention the fact that it usually waswarranted. "As for those who have gone missing since, four groups have gone in all. The first was a team of halfling adventurers, the second was a band of local ne'er-do-wells, and the fourth a small adventuring party devoted to Brigh. Once more she nodded to Abel, yet more condolences he deserved. Khonnir lead the third and fifth expeditions. He returned from the first long enough to brief us at length, but he felt necessary to try another trek just two days ago. Since he had planned to be back in six hours at the latest, we are assuming the worst."

snekochan
2014-09-28, 05:42 PM
Estelle peered around Vicarius' shoulder, resisting the urge to bite her nails as she regarded the councilwoman.

Four different groups missing? Delilah shifted on her shoulder, shared concern bouncing between them. "Del, that's a lot." I really hope missing doesn't equate to death this time. She swallowed before stepping alongside the "Prophet of the Living God", or whatever he was. "You stated that Khonnir briefed you at length about his findings- what precisely did he discover?"

Pattimus
2014-09-28, 06:01 PM
"Ah, of course. Excellent question. According to Khonnir the caves are inhabited by several enormous vermin and other scavengers, along with some strange humanoids whom he described as having the ability to blend into the shadows of the cave walls-as well as a nest of gremlins. He believed this indicated a connection from the caves to the Darklands, but of more immediate interest was his discovery of a wall of solid metal deep in the caves. An alloy called glaucite, made from adamantine and iron. It was formed into a structure with doors, and it was near here that he found the broken automaton that he brought back with him after his first expedition."

snekochan
2014-09-28, 06:43 PM
"Automaton? Can we see it?" Estelle blurted, before she could quell her excitement. There were lives at stake! "After, of course," she added quickly, "Unless you think it would help our search." Still, that glaucite wall...there could be other relics! She crossed her arms, biting her lip. The Darkland vermin and gremlins could be tricky, depending on what kind they were and those camouflaging humanoids... who knew what they were! "Also..." she hesitated. "There are so few of us..." She glanced at her new companions "Is there any assistance you and the council can offer? The faster we can get to Khonnir bring him back, the better."

Edward Newgate
2014-09-28, 06:49 PM
Able snapped to attention at the word automaton. "This sounds positively intriguing I agree with the fine lady here, I must inspect this construct at once!" With an eager smile on his face he said "Looks like I didn't abandon my research into the mating habits of chromatic dragons for nothing!"

Pattimus
2014-09-28, 07:02 PM
Dolga raised an eyebrow at the excitable young woman and the rather carefree aasimar, but answered levelly.

Abel's sister, Val Baine, has the specimen at their father's tavern, the Foundry. Additionally, she's told me any group going after Khonnir may use the location as a headquarters and place to rest between forays, free of charge. It's closed to others, so you won't be disturbed in your preparations.

The woman removed three signed sheets of parchment from a haversack, handing them out to the adventurers. Each was a writ entitling the bearer to a twenty percent discount on purchases from any merchant in the town of Torch.

I'm afraid these are all I can offer as aid personally. However, one of the other councilors, Joram Kyte, has offered his aid as a cleric. Since the entrance to the caves is flooded, he is willing to cast water breathing for anyone attempting the journey. He may be found at the temple of Brigh, or up at Crowfeather Palace." She paused momentarily before continuing, "I'm afraid that is all the aid I can offer. I do wish you all the best of luck."

Edward Newgate
2014-09-28, 07:18 PM
"Ah excellent I have been eager to see my dear step sister again!" Giving Dolga a quick hug in appreciation " you truly are a delight as always my lady, but I must be off science waits for no one!" And with that Able quickly dashed out the door and headed towards the tavern.

inertia709
2014-09-28, 08:32 PM
"Water... I hope this won't tarnish my mask," Vicarius thought, trying to drown out thoughts of what strange cave creatures might be in the water.

"I would love to get better acquainted with my lady Dolga, but time waits for no man, and apparently the same is true of our companion Abel. And no wonder! Every tick of the clock is invaluable with our friend Khonnir in potential peril." Vicarius once again bowed a slight bow at Dolga, then turned his attention to the white-robed woman. "Come now, Estelle," Vicarius said, then walked with a measured stride toward the door.

snekochan
2014-09-28, 09:26 PM
Estelle folded the papers into her pocket as Abel sailed from the room.
"Come now, Estelle." Vicarius said, striding past. She quirked a brow as Delilah folded her ears back, then turned back to Dolga.
"Thank you, Councilor Freddert." She bowed her head. "I hope we can bring Khonnir back soon." Delilah hopped to the ground and they scurried after the others.

Pattimus
2014-09-28, 10:53 PM
The councilwoman waved them all off solemnly. She really did hope they'd succeed-But she didn't think it was likely.

--

The property of the Foundry Tavern contained three buildings. The first two were quite apropos, a foundry and a tavern with less than a ten foot wide alley between them. Nestled behind the two was Khonnir's fairly modest home, a two-bedroom stone house. Out of the three, this was the only building with any life currently in it-and now that life was quite agitated.

As the unnamed adventuring party approached the tavern, giddy with the prospect of investigating the magic of 'technology,' they heard a terrified shriek. Abel immediately recognized Val's voice.

inertia709
2014-09-29, 12:30 AM
"Already trouble... And we still have yet to enter the cave!" Vicarius thought, drawing then loading his crossbow. With a broad swipe of his hand and a few words of power, the loaded bolt momentarily enlarges then shrinks to it's normal size.

"May Razmir help us," he muttered, hustling to Khonnir's house.

---------------

Vicarius draws then loads his crossbow (1 turn), then casts Gravity Bow and moves 30 ft toward Khonnir's house (1 more turn). Gravity bow lasts 1 minute, or 10 turns. He has 3 out of 4 level 1 spell slots remaining.

3/4 lvl 1 spells (so it's easier to see later)

Edward Newgate
2014-09-29, 10:39 AM
Waiting at the door loaded musket at the ready Able held back his urge to bust through the door as he silent singled to his approaching companions that he was ready to go.

snekochan
2014-09-29, 02:20 PM
Estelle jolted as the screech reverberated amongst the buildings. She glanced to Delilah. Immediately the fox was on her shoulders, and she knew. Quickly circling her hands and whispering, a crackling energy spread over her. Spell cast, she squared her shoulders and darted forward, stopping next to Abel. She nodded towards the door.

Spell cast: Mage Armour.
Spells remaining: Frost bite and Ear piercing scream

Pattimus
2014-09-29, 02:43 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6XsiWTOp3IKUG8tNkZqUEllblk/edit?usp=sharing

E for Estelle, A for Abel, V for Vicarius. The star shows the source of the noise, the intervening door hangs open.

When the door swings open, a mechanical grinding is immediately heard, and a peek in and to the right reveals the source. The creature is five foot tall and made of a gray and white metal-like polymer. As soon as it hears the door open it begins to maneuver towards the adventurers on three spiderlike legs. Its torso and arms are vaguely humanoid, with one blazing 'eye' in the center of its head. Bits and pieces of its chassis are missing, exposing the delicate circuitry within. It makes loud and tortured grinding noises as it gestures menacingly with the four fingered hands at the end of both of its arms.

The robot goes at the end of the initiative order, the rest of you get to to go before it in whatever order you post, as it's faster than going in order. If you ever become in competition with each other that'll change.

You can't identify the creature. You can however tell it's a malfunctioning the robot and you know the basics of the construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#TOC-Construct) and robot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/robot) types.

Edward Newgate
2014-09-29, 03:37 PM
Movement: Able moves to E-5

Attack: Able fires Battered musket at robot Attack roll vs. touch AC: [roll0]

Damage roll:[roll1]

Pattimus
2014-09-29, 03:56 PM
Abel's shot flies straight into the exposed underbelly of the creature, tearing it in two and disabling it permanently.Once it colapses to the floor the young Val Baine, a pubescent Kellid girl with blonde hair and red tribal tattoos on her face, emerges from under a table in the storage room the robot had come from. She's a little dusty for the ordeal, but is physically unharmed. She gives her foster brother a thankful hug.

"Good timing, chicken-wing! That thing was starting to tear a hole in the wall."

inertia709
2014-09-29, 04:13 PM
Movement: Vicarius moves to d-5

Attack: Vicarius fires his crossbow at robot: [roll0]

Damage roll: [roll1]

Edit: Well it looks like that shot missed.

Edit 2: ... And looking at Pat's ninja post, it looks like it doesn't matter.

Patrick: So initiative probably won't come up a lot (if at all) in this campaign. If you look at my character sheet, you'll notice that both of the feats I chose modify my initiative. Therefore I'm asking to change them to something useful.

Edward Newgate
2014-09-29, 04:40 PM
"This Chicken's got some sharp talons" Able chuckled returning his sisters embrace "I'm glad your all right squirt"

Turning his attention to the robot he just destroyed Able leaned down to inspect its remains Knowledge engineering check: [roll0] "Were you able learn anything about this mechanized menace before it went crazy?"

Pattimus
2014-09-29, 06:58 PM
Abel can't see anything wroth salvaging from the robot's remains. Val stepped back, shaking her head.

"When the old man brought it back, it wasn't moving. It only started a moment ago. .. Are you and your new friends going down after him?"

She eyed the Razmiran priest carefully. Most people tended to be suspicious of a man in an iron mask, even worshippers of Brigh.

To clarify, initiative is still being used. I simply rolled for all of you, just as I did for your knowledge checks. Since you all scored higher than the robot it was largely irrelevant, but it won't always be. For instance:

You're fighting a pack of goblins. Vicarius and Abel/Able roll 18 and 15 respectively, the goblins collectively get an 11, and Estelle gets an 8. In this case Vicarius and the techslinger may go in either order, since you're on the same side and you could delay to alternate your turn order anyway. After those two go, the goblins take their turn. Finally, Estelle may enter the battle only after that.

If for some you'd be really opposed to letting allies go ahead of you, such as if you were all racing for some valuable piece of equipment, we'll force your actions into the regular initiative order.

So initiative is just as important as in a regular game, except for showing up your allies.

On a different note, for clarity's sake, I'd like to keep game mechanics and Out Of Character chat in spoiler tags.

Edward Newgate
2014-09-29, 07:33 PM
"Of course we are dear sister. we may make a odd grouping but none can stand before the righteous power of science!" Able said letting out a laugh and began reloading his musket. Full round action

Pattimus
2014-09-29, 07:45 PM
Val raised an eyebrow.

"Sure. .. Well, thanks to both of you. Umm, I've put a few bedrolls in the tavern. So you can rest between expeditions. You don't want to sleep in the caves. The water breathing spell would run out, you might get ambushed, and I'd get pretty worried. The tavern might not be the comfiest hotel, but I can keep you all fed."

She eyed her foster brother a moment longer.

"Just be careful, okay? I think they only have one scroll."

Edward Newgate
2014-09-29, 08:48 PM
"Don't worry little one the clockwork goddess may be my muse but I'm not ready to conduct my research by her side just yet" Turning to his companions Able pointed to the door a amber eye gleaming with excitement at what wonders they may find "shall we go meet Joram my compatriots? we have a man to find and a torch to light!" Turning back to his sister he asked "would you like to come along with us before we head off into the caverns Val?"

Pattimus
2014-09-29, 09:52 PM
Val smiled, but shook her head.

I'd better to stay to watch the place, and work on my cantrips, so I'll see you off here. I believe Mr. Kyte should be at the temple this time of the day, he usually finishes checking on the water flitration at the Palace early each morning. Anyway, good luck to all of you!"

inertia709
2014-09-29, 11:05 PM
"I assure you that your brother is in good hands," Vicarius said, though his gaze showed that he was more interested in the strange mechanical creature than anything else. "I suppose we should move along then. Good day to you, Val." Vicarius peeled his gaze from the robot and proceeded to the temple.

snekochan
2014-09-30, 07:29 AM
Estelle smiled, and nodded to the young girl. "We'll bring your dad back soon. I hope your practice goes well!" Grabbing Delilah before the fox could start clambering over the destroyed robot, she headed after the others. She glanced back at the house as they walked. I hope we find him... Delilah bunted her cheek. "I know Del, of course we will."

Increasing her pace, Estelle caught up to Vicarius. Delilah cocked her head, and finally Estelle gave in to the mutual curiosity.
"So." She hesitated, then smiled, straightening her shirt and trying to ignore the heat. "What's with the mask?"

inertia709
2014-10-01, 02:14 PM
I'm too busy to properly respond to Estelle's question right now - and I want to give a good response since that is such an important part of Vicarius - so carry with the next part of the campaign for now and I'll edit this post with a response later. I may respond to posts that require less in depth answers, and I should be less busy after tomorrow.

Pattimus
2014-10-01, 03:12 PM
After a short walk, the party arrived at the Temple of Brigh. This compound consists of not only a temple but also a workshop and a small shop at the first. Currently on display behind a glass case are several scrolls, a wand, and a strange object that resembles a firearms with a paricularly short bore, though no doubt moe stock is tucked away.

Within view of the shopfront Joram Kyte can be seen in the domed portico, amongst the clockwork statues and bronze chimes set to venerate the goddess of invention. Joram is fit in body, but clearly near to seventy years old. He wears a blacksmith's apron and toolbelt over a suit of chainmail. While he wears dozens of tools, one stands out: a silvery-blue rod three and a half feet long, attached to his glove by a long strip of rope so it won't be easily lost or stolen.

He smiles when he sees Abel then the others, nodding to them.

"You're after Khonnir, then? How many of you need my blessing?"

snekochan
2014-10-01, 06:55 PM
Wow! Estelle craned her neck, looking around the complex. Light glinted of the mechanical treasures- massive statues with springs and slender metal poles arching gracefully between limbs, and tinkling chimes with deep, entrancing patinas. She resisted the urge to finger one with a miniature clockwork woman hanging from it, and stopped by the display counter, chest tightening. Grandpa would have loved this.

Delilah hopped down and trotted towards the statues and the gentleman before them as he turned and smiled at Abel. The fox sat down at his feet as he nodded at them.

"You're after Khonnir, then? How many of you need my blessing?"

"We are," Estelle answered. bowing her head. "And I believe four of us, sir, thank you."

Pattimus
2014-10-01, 07:11 PM
He nodded, eyeing Delilah with a quirked brow.

"Yes, exactly the sort of thing I was wondering about. Alright then. Hold still."

Joram begins his incantation without wasting time. His holy symbol begins to glow as he raises his right hand to the sky, holding the rod with the other. It, too, momentarily glows as he is invokes his spell. When the words of power finish slipping from his lips the light subsides, and he touches each of the four in the center of their foreheads (Or mask), starting with Delilah.

"That ought to last you six hours each. No longer. I suggest you estimate the time remaining conservatively too. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Edward Newgate
2014-10-03, 12:49 PM
"Hmm only 6 hours, then we must not waste a minute" and with that Abel gave a quick nod in thanks and dashed out the door.

snekochan
2014-10-04, 08:21 AM
Estelle smiled as the light began in Joram's holy symbol, feeling the divine energy swirl into the room. Her neck prickled with chills as his voice rose in intonations until the rods too flashed with light. What must it be like..., she wondered, smiling as he touched to rod to Delilah's forehead. The fox let out a yip and her fur stood on end. She sat, shaking her head from side to side as the cleric moved to touch her compatriots. ...To know who grants your power? She bowed her head as Joram brushed the staff across her brow, feeling the tingle slither along her flesh. I'll have to ask when we come back.

"Thank you, sir." She bowed her head.

"That ought to last you six hours each. No longer. I suggest you estimate the time remaining conservatively too. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Delilah brushed against her leg, and Estelle paused, opening her mouth. Perhaps-

"Hmm only 6 hours, then we must not waste a minute!" Before she could make further comment, Abel rushed out of the temple. Estelle blinked.

"Is he..." she sighed. His father was in danger, and they were indeed under a time limit. She turned back to Joram. "I greatly appreciate the help you have given us so far, Councilor Kyte. If we are injured, and have to return, will you be able to heal us?" She hesitated, glancing at the masked man to her side. "Vicarius, is there anything you think we need?"

inertia709
2014-10-04, 05:45 PM
Vicarius watched the priest of Brigh activate his rod, curious. In his journeys during his missionary work, he had seen come across several priests of the extraplanar gods, and there was something different about their magic. At first Vicarius attributed the difference to them worshipping different deities - for why would a priest of Rovagug, The Rough Beast possess the same powers as a priest of Sarenrae, The Healing Light? - but there seemed to be certain similarities between these priests' magic which alienated his own; their motions were simpler, their incantations were like a different dialect of magic, and the effects sometimes differed from anything Vicarius had ever seen from a priest of Razmir. "I must study these gods and their priests more thoroughly," Vicarius thought. "Perhaps it is the connection to the outer planes that distorts their magic... I must learn more about the outer planes when I have the time and the resources."

"Vicarius, is there anything you think we need?" Estelle said, delaying Vicarius's current train of thought.

"Well if Joram can cast a slow spell on our hasty friend, we might be able to keep up with him. Otherwise, all I can ask is for his prayers for our safe return; he has been too kind already. Good day, my friend." Vicarius gave a slight bow, and left the temple.

Pattimus
2014-10-04, 07:37 PM
"All my spells are at your disposal, child. For anything other than simple wounds, I may require time to pray for fresh spells, but as long as you are on this quest I will heal you without charge."

"Vicarius, is there anything you think we need?"

"Well if Joram can cast a slow spell on our hasty friend, we might be able to keep up with him. Otherwise, all I can ask is for his prayers for our safe return; he has been too kind already. Good day, my friend."

Joram snorted softly, then gave his fellow priest a small bow.

"My prayers will be with you indeed. May Brigh inspire you."

snekochan
2014-10-04, 09:33 PM
"Well if Joram can cast a slow spell on our hasty friend, we might be able to keep up with him. Otherwise, all I can ask is for his prayers for our safe return; he has been too kind already. Good day, my friend." Estelle sighed as the red robed man sailed away.

"My prayers will be with you indeed. May Brigh inspire you." Joram said, snorting quietly.

"Thank you, again" Estelle smiled wanly. "I hope we can bring Khonnir back safely, and soon. Good day." Scooping up Delilah, she scrambled after Vicarius.

Pattimus
2014-10-04, 10:39 PM
Twenty minutes had passed since the scuffle at the Foundry when the party reached the Weeping Pond purported to be the secret entrance to the Black Hill caves. They could see no vegetation on the banks of the pond, and their eyes water from the bitter stink of sulfur and other chemicals. An unpleasant swim no doubt, but the only way forward.

To get through it will take three successful swim checks of DC 10. You'll also each have to make a Fortitude save of DC 11 once you're immersed-it's pretty nasty stuff. A failure means becoming sickened, which means a -2 to swim checks, among other, worse, penalties.

snekochan
2014-10-04, 11:03 PM
Estelle stood at the edge of the lake, cringing as the acrid smell burned her nostrils. The waters stretched out before them. Delilah pawed at the ripples, her ears folding back. Hesitantly, fiddling with the clasp on her cloak, Estelle stepped forward. When her ankle brushed Del's flank, disgust flooded through her. "Oh shut up," She hissed, crouching down and peering into the murky, rancid lake. " You were the one who thought this was a good idea."She took off her cloak, tying it into a papoose. She held the top open. "C'mon. In you get." Grumbling, Delilah scrambled in.

Grimacing, Estelle looked up at the others. "So. Swimming." Really, really not one of my strengths Gulping, and thankful she -probably- wasn't going to drown, she dove in.

Estelle's fortitude save :[roll0] failed= sickened
Del's fortitude save: [roll1]

Swim check one: [roll2] - 2 = fail
Swim check two: [roll3] - 2 = fail
Swim check three: [roll4] - =

snekochan
2014-10-04, 11:12 PM
The water was rank. Gasping, her stomach churning, Estelle struggled against the thick, reeking liquid. Delilah sulked against her chest, pulling her downward. A feeling of smugness wafted over her as she nearly choked another mouthful of bile water. Not my fault, stupid fox. She raged, irritation making Del roll her eyes. You can swim yourself next time!

swim checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

snekochan
2014-10-04, 11:16 PM
Thank god for that water breathing spell! Estelle gagged, tears of exertion mixing with the water. How far was it?!
Finally, finally she burst free of the water.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edward Newgate
2014-10-05, 07:03 AM
Able stared into the rank water as he prepared to to swim to the secret entrance. He had never been a great swimmer and he knew that this would be a great trial for him.

Fort save [roll0]

Edward Newgate
2014-10-05, 07:07 AM
The water was revolting as Abel began to swim through he had to hold back the urge to vomit.

Swim checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Edward Newgate
2014-10-05, 07:09 AM
Swim checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

inertia709
2014-10-05, 01:13 PM
Vicarius removes his silken robes and places them in his backpack. He was a man of stature and must look the part, and sludge-covered robes were a commoner's garb. Still, he was hesitant to enter the pond, and witnessing his allies' struggles only made matters worse. Yet despite his disgust, he enters.

Fortitude save:
[roll0]

Pointless swim checks (since I'll eventually succeed):
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

inertia709
2014-10-05, 01:21 PM
With the grace of a great white, Vicarius glides by his companions, more affected by the acrid water in spirit than in body.

Natural 20 on the fortitude save, and my first 3 swim checks were successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJCFc_qkHw

Pattimus
2014-10-05, 02:28 PM
Vicarius emerged first into the caverns, by skill or luck, coming up to standing in water only two feet deep. He found the air bitter and stinking of mold and vinegar, but still a welcome relief from the water. This first cavern was damp and moisture runs down slick stone walls. The calm but dark waters winded around to the east north of the cavern, along a stony, soot-scarred beach. A five-foot-high ledge sporting several stalagmites rose to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckoned.

Momentarily it occured to Vicarius how odd it was he could see so well-Then the lights shifted and the source became evident. Three fire beetles emerged slowly, clacking mandibles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6XsiWTOp3IKSDdJeFVRek9mRFE/view?usp=sharing

Vicarius starts in 5h, and of course wins intitative. The others also move up before the beetles may act, but are for now not only struggling in the water, but unaware of combat.

The sorcerer is on his own.

inertia709
2014-10-05, 05:01 PM
Vicarius curses, mutters a few arcane words and retreats back into the acrid water.

Yep, gonna nope the **** out of this one. Vicarius casts Gravity Bow, then moves back to g8 assuming the water creates difficult terrain (or to where g11 would be if not). Level 1 arcanists are very much not equipped for a 3-on-1 fight, especially versus vermin when their only AoE spell is mind-affecting.

Fortitude save against sickened (if I don't need to make one, ignore this): [roll0]

Pattimus
2014-10-05, 05:47 PM
Well (http://33.media.tumblr.com/142d1bcde2bf5b55fbe456ff4cc66a25/tumblr_mjcjmh4yoX1rmur82o1_500.gif)Vicarius retreated into the water, leaving the insects ready and swarming.

Unless Vicarus decides to stop Abel, the latter will be swarmed by the fire beetles as soon as he pokes out of the water, in three rounds. (Two rounds worth of gravity bow duration assuming Vicarius delays and emerges just after Abel.)

inertia709
2014-10-05, 06:16 PM
Vicarius, concerned by his unwelcome welcoming party, decides to wait for his companions. "It's not the easiest shot I've ever had, but it's safer than the alternative," Vicarius thought as he loaded his crossbow. He braces himself against the cave wall and fires at one of the beetles.

Round 1: Vicarius draws and loads his crossbow.

Round 2: Vicarius moves to f6 to brace himself against the wall (mechanical effects, if any, are up to you) and fires. If there is enough space, he will fire above the water line; otherwise, he fires underwater, taking (according to the underwater combat rules) a -6 penalty for the 15 feet of water between him and the beetles.

I will stop Abel and Estelle as they pass. If this requires a readied action, disregard Round 2 as I ready said action instead.

Attack: [roll0]
Confirmation Roll (if crit threat): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Gravity Bow duration remaining: 8 rounds

Pattimus
2014-10-05, 07:02 PM
Vicarius' extra-dense bolt smashed through one of the beetles, spraying the ground with green liquid. The remnant of its abdomen rolled across the ground, still glowing with a soft light.

The other two wasted little time in attacking the priest flying shakily out over the water to attack and digging hungry little fangs into the priest's shoulder and forearm before he could shake them back, each taking their chunk of flesh.

Vicarius saves Abel from getting attack by 3 at once, but now takes 4 points of damage, total. It's the gunslinger's turn to aid his ally. Unfortunately Estelle is still swimming, and Abel is still sickened when he emerges.

inertia709
2014-10-05, 07:15 PM
Vicarius yowls in agony, surprised that the beetles braved the sludge water.

Total Damage Taken: 4

So I was under the impression that I would be safe there, though I suppose that the water there wasn't deep enough? I seemed to be safe for those two turns when I was further out. While I of course won't ask for a "redo'" I would like to know which parts of the water are deep (and therefore presumably safe) and which ones are like my current square (which is evidently not safe).

Pattimus
2014-10-05, 07:25 PM
But they're flying. They're also starving, so they're willing to risk anything.

Edward Newgate
2014-10-06, 06:28 PM
Emerging from the sicking water Abel limitedly recognized the threat to his companion and fired off a round.

Damage: [roll1]

inertia709
2014-10-06, 07:21 PM
"If only I had the more immediate methods of healing of priests of the extraplanar gods..."

Swallowing his pride, Vicarius falls against the cavern wall, playing dead.

Bluff check to play dead: [roll0]

I'm readying an action to fire at the beetles if and when they go to attack Abel and I am out of melee range, but before they're in melee range with him (my crossbow is already loaded). I'm leaning against the wall to keep my head and crossbow above water.

Do remember the changes that Pathfinder made to flight, meaning that they need to make fly checks to hover, move less than half of their fly speed and to make a turn larger than 90 degrees.

Gravity Bow: 7 turns left

Pattimus
2014-10-06, 07:40 PM
The fire beetles would have been delighted to dig into the seemingly dead flesh before them-But when the shot flew by with a burst of smoke and flame, their survival instincts kicked in. One whirled shakily, moving to attack the techslinger. The other, acting out of fiendish instinct, circled around to out-flank.

Abel was now in danger but Vicarius had, for a split second, a clear shot.

inertia709
2014-10-06, 08:16 PM
Sapphire eyes flash wide open in Vicarius's mask's eye slits, and the priest fires a crossbow bolt.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Confirmation (if crit threat): [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
Crit damage (if crit): [roll3]

Pattimus
2014-10-06, 08:34 PM
Splat! Sploosh!

Another beetle was defeated by the priest's weapon of choice. Denied its pincer attack, the remaining luminescent insectoid was unable to sink its pincers into Abel, and the fangs slid weakly off his leather armor.

inertia709
2014-10-06, 10:48 PM
Vicarius takes yet another shot, being careful to not hit Abel.

Confirmation roll: [roll1]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Gravity Bow: 6 rounds left

Edward Newgate
2014-10-06, 11:23 PM
Unaffected by the beetles attack Abel loads another round into his musket [full round action]

Pattimus
2014-10-07, 08:13 AM
Taking the opportunity to attack Abel while he reloaded, the beetle careened at him twice, but the nimble gunsmith dodged both clumsy attacks neatly. On its second pass the creature clipped a wing on the firearm, causing it to tumble into the acrid water. The majority of it remained above the waterline, but submersion had to be as nasty for the beetle as it was for th adventurers.

inertia709
2014-10-07, 08:42 AM
Confirmation: [roll1]
Crit damage: [roll3]

Edward Newgate
2014-10-07, 06:27 PM
Abel took aim at the beetle struggling in the sicking water and fired.
Damage: [roll1]

Pattimus
2014-10-07, 06:40 PM
The beetle lashed out at Abel but was unable to land purchase in the gunslinger before it was dispatched.

Estelle would emerge only seconds later into the dimly lit cavern to find the dimly lit cavern splattered with blood, hemolymph, and insect parts both luminescent and mundane.

snekochan
2014-10-08, 09:36 AM
Estelle coughed, stumbling out of the water and upending a soggy, struggling Delilah onto the cavern floor. Chest heaving, she looked around, blinking at the blood and ichor strewn across the ground and her battered comrades.
Are... Are those bugs?
"What-" she spat out what she hoped was a strand of her hair. "What happened?"

Delilah shook, water droplets and sludge flying in all directions. She sneezed, then began sniffing at the small corpses.
"Are you both ok?" Estelle asked.

Edward Newgate
2014-10-09, 04:34 PM
Covered in sludge and ichor laughed "It will take more then a few pests to put us down. And with that he loaded another round into his musket.

inertia709
2014-10-14, 08:13 PM
Vicarius casually muttered some arcane words, cleaning the sludge off of his apparel, and looked into his backpack. "I suppose these are useless now," Vicarius said, looking at his soaked torches. "This will have to do then," he said, picking up a glowing chunk of beetle.

snekochan
2014-10-15, 05:01 PM
Estelle raised an eyebrow at the dripping wound on Vicarious' shoulder, blood bubbling up through the now-pristine robe. "Are- um- are you sure you don't want to take care of that first?" She bent down and picked up a glowing, somewhat-less-drippy hunk of bug. Ick "These should glow for a least a couple days. If your torches are as wet as mine, we should probably grab a few more piec- Delilah! Delilah stop that! It isn't food!" She grabbed the fox by the scruff, wresting the piece of glowing shell from her. "Here, eat a leg if you must but leave those ones!"

She straightened, raising her piece of shell. The light didn't go far, but as she stepped forward she could see a tunnel curving away to the right, and another directly before them. "So," she stuffed another piece of bug in her bag. "Any idea which way to go, gentlemen?" She glanced at the orange tinted faces of her compatriots as Delilah pranced up next to her, tail high and a firebeetle limb dangling from her teeth.

inertia709
2014-10-16, 12:42 PM
Vicarius draws a thin wand and touches it to his wounds, which gradually begin to stitch themselves back together.

"I suppose we should look at our options first," Vicarius says. With a semicircular flick of a finger and a low-pitched vowel sound, Vicarius conjures forth four wispy lights and sends them down the two pathways.

First Vicarius uses a charge of his wand of Infernal Healing on himself, which gives fast healing 1 for 10 rounds. Then he casts Dancing Lights.

Pattimus
2014-10-16, 01:43 PM
Vicarius' cantrip revealed to the north that the tunnel, complete with a foot of polluted water, continued north only for a short distance before beginning to wind to the east.

The ledge to the east revealed a passable but cramped pathway to the east, further crowded by stalactites and stalagmites. The five foot high ledge itself would provide the most difficult challenge thus far, as it required that which the party lacked absolutely: A small degree of upper body strength.

snekochan
2014-10-19, 03:44 PM
Holding her hunk of bug aloft, Estelle eased forward, peering at the eastward ledge. Delilah yipped, trotting along side her with her leg. "Well. This way seems as good as any other. I'm not overly inclined to walk through that... water." She stood up on tippy toes, laying the shell on the ledge for light. Gritting her teeth, she patted around trying to find a hand hold. Finally slipping her fingers into a small crevice, she grunted.

This... could be embarrassing. Still, she shoved her foot onto a tiny ledge. I'm glad I listened to grandpa.

Delilah backed up, crouching down, her ears twitching. After a moment, she charged forward, making a leap.

Estelle's climb check [roll0]
Delilah's jump check [roll1]

Pattimus
2014-10-19, 03:54 PM
Is DC 10.

Delilah and Estelle made it up to the raised section of the cave with the ease of the moderately competent. A collection of stalagmites choke this low-ceilinged cavern, making it difficult to squeeze between them. Matching stalactites close in from the five foot high ceiling, giving the impression of a maw of needle like teeth bearing down on one another. A dead half-orc sprawls on the ground further to the east, deeper into the cavern.

snekochan
2014-10-19, 04:01 PM
Always wear pants when adventuring
Swinging her leg up, Estelle hauled herself onto the ledge and stood, brushing grit from her wet clothing. A moment later, fur flattened back, Delilah landed beside her, shaking her head and sending drops of greasy water flying. Retrieving her light, Estelle held it up, peering ahead. Great There was certainly less water up here. She stepped forward, grimacing as her light probed the tunnel and the tooth-like stone protrusions. The shadows played over the corpse of a half-orc. "Are you guys coming or not?" She hissed, glancing over her shoulder. On the plus side, whatever killed it hasn't eaten it. So death via consumption isn't necessarily immediate. she thought, eyes returning again to the tunnel's toothy grin.

Edward Newgate
2014-10-20, 01:04 AM
Sighing to himself Abel began climbing.
Climb check: [roll0]

inertia709
2014-10-20, 02:26 PM
Vicarius joins his companions, hoping not to make a fool of himself, but happy that he's not the only one reluctant to enter the vile water again.

Climb check: [roll0]

Pattimus
2014-10-20, 02:33 PM
After an embarassing first display, Vicarius and his compatriot Abel eventually made it up, bringing the corpse into their view. By now all three had shaken off the effects of the water and were no longer sickened.

inertia709
2014-10-20, 02:36 PM
Vicarius attempted to pull himself up the ledge, but his undeveloped muscles are too weak. He realised that asking refuses to resort to "begging;" he will do it himself, or he will not do it at all. Planting his feet back on the ground, he caught his breath and tried again.

I'm assuming that since the ledge is low, failure has no consequences. If that is not the case, then I'll edit Vicarius' reaction.

More climb checks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Edward Newgate
2014-10-22, 09:58 AM
"ugh, that was unpleasant" Able said finally pulling himself "next time we bring some climbing gear".

snekochan
2014-10-22, 06:17 PM
Glancing at her compatriots and beckoning them to follow, Estelle sidled forward, ducking around rocky protrusions. She wrinkled her nose. Ugh Holding the light aloft, she knelt down inspecting the corpse, Delilah sniffing at it from the other side.

heal check 1d20

Pattimus
2014-10-22, 08:22 PM
Since there was an error I rolled the heal check, it was a success.

Estelle can tell the body has been here nearly a week, and that the cause of death was multiple stab wounds from a short bladed weapon such as a knife. The body has already been stripped of all items of any value. A cursory examination allows Abel to recognize the half-orc. Her name was Parda Garr and, though she was a ruffian, she was honest and a friend to many.

Twenty feet to the east, at the edge of Estelle's light, the cavern began to open into a wider space once more.

inertia709
2014-10-25, 08:21 AM
Vicarius gazes into the open cavern, and his conjured lights reveal its contents to him.

Moving Vicarius's dancing lights 100 ft away from him into the cavern, stopping temporarily at anything interesting.

Pattimus
2014-10-25, 02:24 PM
A dark cavern opened up beyond the end of the cramped room, it's ceiling rising up twenty foot high but thick with stalactites. A rocky shore overlooks a placid pool, with a small garden of toadstools and dark mold grow along the bank. A moment after Vicarius used his cantrip, he saw a new bright red light, not of his making, shining upon the shore. He could see the source from where he was hunched.

Edward Newgate
2014-10-28, 09:09 AM
His keen eyes easily piercing the darkness of the cave Abel slowly advanced further ahead carefully gun drawn looking out for any threat that may ambush them.

snekochan
2014-10-29, 09:04 AM
Estelle remained stooped next to the half orc's body as Abel moved forward. Whoever had done this, it had been at least a week. Would they still be here? Delilah pranced, unsettled by the nervousness flitting between them. "Shut up Del." I wonder if she was part of the other rescue crews. Estelle stood, squinting at the red light glinting on the rocky shore. Red light? What the hell is that?She glanced back at the body, eying the wounds. Poor woman. It had been a week, so hopefully whoever had inflicted them was gone but... swallowing, sweat prickling on her neck, she slipped after the birdlike man, creeping towards the light.

Pattimus
2014-10-29, 12:12 PM
As the three advanced the light wavered, moved, and momentarily disappeared. Then, an instant later, the source lept into the cramped cavern. A grotesgue frog-like creature the size of a rotund halfling, its eyes glowed with a fearsome red light. As soon as it lept into view, Vicarius and Abel were struck blind, but Estelle and her companion managed to withstand the gaze. Estelle recognized the creature as a blindheim, a rare magical beast adept at climbing, swimming, and running. With its incredible glow it can see perfectly, and can't be blinded itself.

Furthermore, Estelle knew the blindness inflicted by the creature could last up to an hour.

Everyone goes before the Blindheim. As ABel and Vicarius failed their fort saves, they are blinded.

snekochan
2014-10-29, 04:33 PM
Dammit! Estelle growled, squinting against the glare. "A Blindheim! Guys, can you still see?" She nodded to Delilah, and the fox leapt onto her shoulder. "If you can't, it's 30 feet away, to the east!" She let her mind expand, and felt the knowledge hum, a vibration between them. A shiver ran down her back and unnecessarily she raised her hand towards the bloated creatures, letting her focus bleed down it.

Sleep, monster!
Estelle casts Slumber, will save Dc 16

Pattimus
2014-10-29, 04:38 PM
The beast collapsed somewhat anti-climactically, its eyes going dark as it began to snore.

snekochan
2014-10-29, 04:59 PM
"It's asleep!" Estelle hissed. "We've got about a minute before it wakes up." She hesitated. She could try slitting its throat but... she eyed her spindly arms. That wasn't likely to work well, and she might wake it up. Still... "Guys, can either of you see to finish it off, or should I try? I can lead you."

Edward Newgate
2014-10-29, 05:36 PM
"Guide me to the beast and I will put it down however you will have guide my hands" Abel said his eyes still suffering from the blindness the creature had afflicted him with.

snekochan
2014-10-29, 05:59 PM
Taking Abel's arm in hers, Estelle carefully led him to the snoring hulk, tugging him around rocks and toadstools. It didn't take long to near the beast. "That's far enough. Ok." Carefully, she guided Abel's hands til the gun was pointed at the creature's froglike head. "Take your shot."

1 round to get over to the creature (I imagine, as Greg is blind?)
1 round to help Greg line up his shot

Edward Newgate
2014-10-29, 06:52 PM
coup de grace: [roll0]

Pattimus
2014-10-29, 07:00 PM
The creature's brain sprayed over the rocks, ending its threat. Still the blindness remained. The next hour passed uneventfully, until eventually the men's eyesight began to return.

snekochan
2014-10-29, 07:05 PM
Estelle wrinkled her nose, feeling a little queasy at the gore splattered around the cavern. "Good shot. You uh, you got it. Thanks." She led Abel back from the mess, back towards their companion. "The blindness should wear off within the hour. We should stay put til it does." She glanced at Abel. "So. Did you recognize that body? Is she from Torch?"

Edward Newgate
2014-10-29, 07:59 PM
Examining the body Abel replied "I think this is Parda Garr I'm afraid I did not know her that but she seemed to be an agreeable enough girl. I guess she tried to figure out what had happened and it ended up killing her such a shame."

snekochan
2014-11-04, 09:01 AM
Estelle raised an eyebrow at Abel. "You don't seem particularly upset about someone from your town dying." She scratched at Delilah's ears, trying not to think about nearby corpse. "Has the blindness worn off? We should move on as soon as you're able too. I don't want to get caught by whoever killed Miss Parda."

Edward Newgate
2014-11-08, 09:00 PM
Glaring at Estelle Abel shouted "Don't tell me how I feel witch! Now is not the time to cry bitter tears for the dead, we have a job to do and a lot more may die if we fail!" gripping his musket tightly Abel continued deeper into the cavern.

Pattimus
2014-11-16, 02:48 PM
The fetid water in the cavern beyond arches back to the west out of view, no doubt linking back to the stream the party had seen earlier, and is fed by cracks to the east far too small to fit through. Another body is visible in the shallow water.

A tunnel leads south, arching west out of view.

snekochan
2014-12-05, 10:44 AM
Estelle stood, walking back to the waters edge and squinted at the floating body, pointing. "We should probably go South, I have no desire to stand in the water for longer than I have to> But Able, do you recognize that one?"