PDA

View Full Version : Trying to scare my DM...

WeaselGuy
2014-09-26, 07:53 PM
So, due to some random shenanigans, my party of evil mercenaries has managed to all be turned into vampires. I won't get into the specifics (unless you ask, it was pretty fun), but we were all 8th level characters before being turned, and consequentially our DM has allowed us to take the vampire's LA and add it to our CL to come up with backup characters, arriving somewhere in the neighborhood of level 16ish. Now, I'm pretty sure he won't let me just be a 16th level human wizard, I'm almost certain that he would prefer we have some sort of template or race tacked onto 7-9ish class levels, to get to the same general power level of the rest of us. He has also flat out banned pixies as character races (my wife almost gave him an aneurysm last campaign with her pixie scout).

So, down to the nuts and bolts, I have a few character ideas that don't normally leave my binder, because, well, how often do you have 8 free levels of template stacking to work with? I'd like to just give him pause, probably won't get to play any of them, since I really like my Paladin of Tyranny, and the direction he's going in, but I was wondering what you guys could come up with.

The first is a Rakshasa Abjurant Champion, but it's actually too close to my wife's spell tank for me to want to use it, I'm just throwing it out there as what I'm looking at. Would actually be almost wasted, since his 7 racial HD all get pumped into innate sorcerer casting anyways...

The second is a Psychic Rogue/Shadow Mind/Mindbender/Elocator, and I have no idea what sick race to use for him, maybe thrikeen, or illithid?

And the last, which I just hit upon a few minutes ago, is a Black Dragon Arcane Swordsage. And, to be honest, this is where I want the most help. How do I make a dragon with class levels, without it getting wonky? I'm about to crack open my Draconomicon and read the pertinent chapters, but would also really appreciate some help in the construction of this character.

tl;dr, I have lots of free LA to work with, and wanna make a Dragon fit into a party.

Taveena
2014-09-26, 09:24 PM
Is your heart set on Black Dragon? Because if not, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?303204-The-Truest-of-the-True-A-Handbook-to-non-Kobold-Dragons-(WIP)) is a guide to all the playable dragons, some with very managable LAs and fancy abilities.

WeaselGuy
2014-09-26, 09:26 PM
Is your heart set on Black Dragon? Because if not, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?303204-The-Truest-of-the-True-A-Handbook-to-non-Kobold-Dragons-(WIP)) is a guide to all the playable dragons, some with very managable LAs and fancy abilities.

Not specifically, I just know that it has one of the lower LAs for dragons, I can be medium sized with 10 ECL, giving me 6 class levels to work with...

Wacky89
2014-09-27, 08:11 AM
something you could do is hide in a trash can. Then when he goes by it, you spring out and yell like a maniac. That should scare him :smallbiggrin: