PDA

View Full Version : two weapon fighting enchantment

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 02:00 AM
i seem to remember hearing something about a weapon enchantment that let you make a temporary copy of a weapon with all the extra goodies attached, other than this one. problem is i dont remember where i heard it. does anyone know what im talking about? if there isnt one already, what would a good bonus for this ability be? +2?

Feint's End
2014-09-27, 06:28 AM
i seem to remember hearing something about a weapon enchantment that let you make a temporary copy of a weapon with all the extra goodies attached, other than this one. problem is i dont remember where i heard it. does anyone know what im talking about? if there isnt one already, what would a good bonus for this ability be? +2?

No that doesn't exist but we discussed it some time ago in a house rule thread.

Personally I'd price it at 500 gold because TWF is borked even without making it extremely expensive (that's also the price I use in my campaigns ... The enchantment is called twinsoul).

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 07:52 AM
i do like the idea of making it a flat price... thanks :)

Uncle Pine
2014-09-27, 10:56 AM
Or you could buy a couple of +1 Morphing shurikens, add all the weapon enhancements you need and then morph them into your two weapons of choice.

EDIT: It's good because shuriken are priced as ammunitions, so you can get two magical weapons at 1/50 of the price.

Thiyr
2014-09-27, 07:06 PM
No that doesn't exist but we discussed it some time ago in a house rule thread.

Personally I'd price it at 500 gold because TWF is borked even without making it extremely expensive (that's also the price I use in my campaigns ... The enchantment is called twinsoul).

I do similar. Enchantment called Linked. 2k, to make the properties of one weapon permanently transfer to a second one, so long as they're both being wielded at the same time by the same character. Just 'cause we realized it could easily become "hey, why not use this to get a bunch of really cheap weapons for the party", or to make a super-cheap golf-bag of weapons. Still, same basic idea.

Snowbluff
2014-09-27, 07:19 PM
I would make a cool artifact that does that. "Mirror Sword."

This +1 Morphing Sizing Longsword's blade is a highly reflective. While it is being held, you make activate it as a free action to copy the properties of another weapon you are holding onto it for as long as you are holding both weapons.

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 07:25 PM
I would make a cool artifact that does that. "Mirror Sword."

This +1 Morphing Sizing Longsword's blade is a highly reflective. While it is being held, you make activate it as a free action to copy the properties of another weapon you are holding onto it for as long as you are holding both weapons.

that sounds pretty cool... but would the copied properties over-ride the old ones?

Feint's End
2014-09-27, 07:29 PM
I do similar. Enchantment called Linked. 2k, to make the properties of one weapon permanently transfer to a second one, so long as they're both being wielded at the same time by the same character. Just 'cause we realized it could easily become "hey, why not use this to get a bunch of really cheap weapons for the party", or to make a super-cheap golf-bag of weapons. Still, same basic idea.

Yeah this works too. In my case (Twinsoul) the wearer can spend a swift action to create an exact copy of the weapon in his offhand (if free). If the weapon gets dropped, thrown or stays away from the "creator" for more than 1 round it dissolves into thin air.

Snowbluff
2014-09-27, 07:31 PM
that sounds pretty cool... but would the copied properties over-ride the old ones?

Nope, it doesn't say it does. That way you can still morph it.

Stella
2014-09-28, 05:06 AM

There is a precedent from which you could poach the wording (and there may be others, this is just the one I remember).

Your own nonmagical club or quarterstaff becomes a weapon with a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. (A quarterstaff gains this enhancement for both ends of the weapon.) It deals damage as if it were two size categories larger. These effects only occur when the weapon is wielded by you. If you do not wield it, the weapon behaves as if unaffected by this spell.

Sith_Happens
2014-09-28, 05:56 AM

One of the playtest versions of Path of War had this, I don't know if it stayed for the final version though.

ghanjrho
2014-09-28, 06:25 AM
One of the playtest versions of Path of War had this, I don't know if it stayed for the final version though.

The enchantment (Dualistic(another 3PP already made a Twinned enchantment, which kinda sucks)) went from +1 to +10k to +1 again. The created weapon had to have the same damage type (B/S/P) as the main weapon, in addition to having only half the hardness and hit points. It also immediately vanished if either weapon left your hand.

Personally, I was a much bigger fan of the 10k gp version.

For what it's worth, it should be appearing in PoW:Expanded. The magic items were pushed back for wordcount reasons, IIRC.