PDA

View Full Version : deadpool

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 10:54 AM
i realize this has probably been talked about a bunch, but how would one build deadpool (from marvel comics). i have the race as feral human with toughness and troll blooded. its 3.P, and just about anything is allowed so long as i have the source. and we're starting at level 1 so it should be playable from there, though not necessarily fully intact.

i was thinking martial initiator, and warblade fits flavorfully as someone who relishes combat. but swordsage fits mechanically i think (dont have extensive knowledge of the character).

any help is immensely appreciated. thank you in advance!

(as a side note, a katana is just a bastard sword right?)

atemu1234
2014-09-27, 12:09 PM
Don't forget something for immunity to fire and acid.

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 12:20 PM
what is there?

atemu1234
2014-09-27, 12:24 PM
Ritual of Elements from Savage Species?

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-27, 12:25 PM
Deadpool would be a Warblade; the swordsage maneuvers are often too magical in nature for them to seem like normal fighty stuff, but the Warblade doesn't have most of those (and they also get Iron Heart). Also, talk to your DM and ask them if you could replace all the Int synergy with Cha synergy; it's a step down in power (fewer skill points), but it fits the flavor better.

Grayson01
2014-09-27, 12:29 PM
Katana is a Masterwork Bastard Sword to answer your question. And what exactly about DP do you wanna know? Powers, Personality, or history?

geekintheground
2014-09-27, 12:34 PM
Deadpool would be a Warblade; the swordsage maneuvers are often too magical in nature for them to seem like normal fighty stuff, but the Warblade doesn't have most of those (and they also get Iron Heart). Also, talk to your DM and ask them if you could replace all the Int synergy with Cha synergy; it's a step down in power (fewer skill points), but it fits the flavor better.

thats what i thought, and was talking to him earlier about it. he said it was cool

Katana is a Masterwork Bastard Sword to answer your question. And what exactly about DP do you wanna know? Powers, Personality, or history?

thanks. i mostly want to emulate his powers. from what i understand its just super strength/agility, immune to mental attacks, and the super-healing factor right?

Turalisj
2014-09-27, 12:36 PM

Just give him an infinite use Iron Heart Surge.....

"I use Iron Heart Surge on the fourth wall!"

Bluydee
2014-09-27, 12:57 PM
As others said, a warblade focusing on tiger claw. I would also suggest willing deformity into madness to be immune to all mind affecting abilities and spells. I suggest being a hellbred, mainly so you can be neutral and take vile feats.

Waker
2014-09-27, 01:13 PM
Bluydee makes some good points with the Hellbred suggestion, might want to keep that in mind. I would disagree with the others who vote against the Swordsage. Deadpool has made use of teleportation devices in the comics and would be adequately emulated with the Shadow Hand maneuvers. Dipping in Crusader or grabbing some Devoted Spirit tricks with feats might help better showcase his tremendous healing power. Getting a good ranged build going on top of this would be difficult, not made any easier by the fact that ranged combat tends to suck.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-27, 01:28 PM
As others said, a warblade focusing on tiger claw. I would also suggest willing deformity into madness to be immune to all mind affecting abilities and spells. I suggest being a hellbred, mainly so you can be neutral and take vile feats.

Oooh, nice suggestion! And you could refluff Hellbred and the Vile feats to things that came from the Weapon X modifications!

paperarmor
2014-09-27, 06:35 PM
Let's see, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?309270-Heroic-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-in-the-Playground-I) should help.

Feint's End
2014-09-28, 05:07 AM
This might be the case where a pathfinder ninja is in order. They have a charisma based chi pool and some nice features for a deathpool like character. You can get maneuvers by picking the martial feats from path of war (veiled moon pretty much solves your teleportation problems).

So go straight ninja and swap out tricks for maneuvers if needed. Thoughts?

Edit: another idea ... steelfist commando warlord and swap out one of your schools for veiled moon via wayward path martial tradition.

Better bab and combat abilities than the ninja. Also equally stealthy and great with unarmed strikes.

Taveena
2014-09-28, 08:03 AM
Half-Dragon gives immunity to the parent's energy type. Black Dragon or Copper will give you acid immunity, and the Fire immunity can be grabbed from Mantle of the Fiery Spirit. For a lower-LA version of acid immunity, Savage Species ritual works. You will, however, still be vulnerable to Searing Spell. The only way to get around that is to be either a War troll with Acid immunity or a Crystalline Troll with Sonic immunity, afaik, but there might be others.

TandemChelipeds
2014-09-28, 08:12 AM
thanks. i mostly want to emulate his powers. from what i understand its just super strength/agility, immune to mental attacks, and the super-healing factor right?

Nope. Just the healing factor.

This might be the case where a pathfinder ninja is in order. They have a charisma based chi pool and some nice features for a deathpool like character. You can get maneuvers by picking the martial feats from path of war (veiled moon pretty much solves your teleportation problems).

So go straight ninja and swap out tricks for maneuvers if needed. Thoughts?

Edit: another idea ... steelfist commando warlord and swap out one of your schools for veiled moon via wayward path martial tradition.

Better bab and combat abilities than the ninja. Also equally stealthy and great with unarmed strikes.

People did call him ninja spider-man back when he was relatively unknown, so it fits the flavour in a fourth-wall-breaking kinda way. Which is the most Deadpoolish way of all.