PDA

View Full Version : Bug Kingdoms

corly
2014-09-27, 03:59 PM
Ok, all of you should make an account as we will be using this thread to play. All OOC posts must be put under a spoiler tag like this one. Rolls can be made for checks under a spoiler tag as well, or can be done over in this thread for convenience: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?374015-Rolls-for-Bug-Kingdom&p=18173682#post18173682

It is also helpful to choose a color for your characters dialog so other know who is speaking (especially if you have a familiar or animal companion you communicate with telepathically or something.

The Inn is located in the nicer part of town. It is clean and the food smells appetizing, but even a few nights here is more than any of you can easily afford and you haven't purchased rooms. There are some more economic lodgings a few blocks away but you've heard the man you’re looking for stays here when he is in town. His name is Octavian, and he claims to have be a reformed member of the cannibalistic Daddy Long Legs Cult that has been terrorizing parts of the Spider Region for decades. He travels around the area now giving Sermons on Repentance and Forgiveness, and has made a pretty penny doing it. It has been a half-hour since his last sermon of the day ended and if he keeps to the schedule the bartender gave you he should be arriving for dinner soon.

RFLS
2014-09-28, 10:58 PM
Aka quietly bides her time at the table, content to sit and wait as long as necessary for Octavian to arrive. Outside, her rather eccentric carriages are quietly parked in the inn's stables. Her men at arms are guarding the carriages, two apiece, hands on their hilts.

Inside, Aka continues to quietly dissect and eat her sardine steak. Waiting.

Tokenninja
2014-10-01, 08:55 PM
Recalling that his mentor expressed a desire to revisit the Daddy Long Legs territory, Quadir decides to settle himself on a barstool closest to a wall. While waiting for Octavian, Quadir listens to the various chatter of the bar.

EmoQuesadilla
2014-10-02, 11:10 PM
A massive figure sat quietly with his lower arms folded, his upper pair of arms pouring tea into a delicate cup for himself. He was dressed simply, wearing a loose fitting brown robe over his bulk. His carapace was the color of mahogany, and extended up over his shoulders to form what looked like a hood.
For such a large being, Atramedes moved gracefully, pouring tea into the cup before taking it into a hand that dwarfed the porcelain trinket. He emptied the cup in one smooth motion, before pouring himself another.

Demononion
2014-10-21, 01:56 AM
In a dark corner of the bar a figure that seems to meld too easily into the shadows for his size and coloration deftly carves an oaken branch into the shape of a salmon, the rough wood seeming to fall away naturally into the desired shape. Keeping one eye on his knife and another on the door Okuta taps his left leg impatiently. one of his massive arms resting reassuringly against the bow at his side.

Oukta sighs and put down his figurine, as his arm passes through the firelight his eyes go to the fine prickly hairs standing straight up on his mottled brownish-yellow and white skin. His instincts were telling him that tonight was going to be trouble. He steals another glace at the Large beetle who walked in with him, he had not been around him long but he had gathered that if a fight broke out the most dangerous area would be in his general vicinity. Okuta was not much a fan of bar brawls...too much wasted food and drink for his taste.

corly
2014-10-21, 07:21 PM
The door rings as a man enters the Inn. He is wearing expensive clothing and several ostentatious amulets. He walks straight to a table near the window and speaks down his nose at the young tarantula couple sitting there. They frown and gather their dishes, moving to another table a small distance away. He pulls an embroidered kerchief from his pocket and wipes the wooden bench before sitting down. He sits in silence for a moment before a server approaches him.

Ok the next couple spoilers are perception stuff, Roll in the other post and if you pass the 16 you can read both, if you pass only the 12 read only that one. YAY. This is all fluff anyway but I like to characterize.

The conversation he had with the tarantula couple:
"This is my table."

"I thought it was open seating, we've been here for a while."

"I sit here every night, you need to move." He sounds annoyed.

"Um, ok." They mumble to each other unintelligibly as they switch tables.

The conversation between the server and him:
"Octavian, how nice to see you. We have your usual aphid and lemon salad prepared in back, would you like that now or can I offer you a beverage first."

"Hot water with three lemon wedges now. The salad can wait ten minutes. My nutritionist says hot water before the meal will help with my ulcers. Have you been to my Seminar? You serve me every time I am in town but I don't think I've ever seen you at the auditorium. I shall be sure to set aside a discounted ticket for you one of these days."

The server smiles a customer service smile and nods noncommittally. "I'll go grab that water now sir. Can't have you sitting here in the sun thirsty."

As she backs up one of Octavian's arms reaches out to tug on her sleeve. "Oh and would you please in the future prevent that kind of people from sitting at my table. My constitution isn't what it used to be and you know how they carry so many diseases, what with their bathing habits."

The server looks visibly uncomfortable now but maintains the polite smile and nods again. She exits the room into what is presumably the kitchen.

RFLS
2014-10-21, 07:50 PM
Aka watches the exchanges out of the corner of one of her eyes, waiting for the man to be seated. As soon as she is, she flicks her eyes over to Quadir, then back to the now-comfortable man in the corner, clearly indicating that Quadir should approach him.

Check in the dice thread; I rolled to communicate via Bluff (nonverbally).

Tokenninja
2014-10-22, 08:48 PM
Slightly concerned from Octavians reaction towards the young tarantula couple, Quadir rests his back on the bar and debates on if this gaudy man would. While weighing the possible outcomes, he glances over the rest of the bar taking note of some the more notable patrons.

Eh, maybe I should try another lead.

But before he could let his discouragement settle in, a pair (or a pair from a set) of dark eyes with an air of mystery met with his only to slyly direct him towards Octavian. The guiding gaze belonged to an unfamiliar Spider. There was a familiarity in that sense of unknown in those eyes.

“Hmph. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to get some kind of information from fanatic.”

Tokenninja
2014-10-25, 02:48 PM
Before Quadir approached Octavian he scanned the bar.

Would rather not provoke and an eager bodyguard.

After a thorough survey of the area, Quadir could only assume that Octavian didn’t have any guards. With a shrug Quadir used his lower arms to shove himself from the bar and made his way to the bejeweled forgiver.

“Mr. Octavian, correct? You’re The Mr. Octavian giving the Forgiveness and Repentance in the area, right?”, Quadir couldn't help but recall how his sister said he lacked tact when addressing others, "I know you're in the middle of a meal, but I would love to ask you some questions. If you're willing of course."

corly
2014-10-26, 01:37 PM
Octavian squints at your simple garb.

"You a reporter?" He asks, doubtful.

RFLS
2014-11-01, 04:26 PM
Aka finishes her sardine, daintily wiping her mouth and setting the napkin on the table. She gets up, depositing a few pieces of silver on the table, and heads over to Octavian's table.

"No, he's not a reporter. He's with me. I wanted to be sure it was you before I spoke. "

She pauses, searching for words before speaking again.

"I have heard that you were a member of the cultists. I was hoping that, perhaps, you still had contacts among them."

corly
2014-11-16, 02:02 AM
"Wha- I would not-" He seems flustered. "I am offended you would suggest such a thing."

Your conversation is temporarily interrupted by the arrival of his water and after the server leaves he takes a long drink before responding much more calmly.

"I am reformed. That part of my life is behind me and I have no interest in communicating with those people anymore."

He is lying, at least in part.

RFLS
2014-11-18, 09:39 PM
Aka deadpans "I think you misunderstand me on two counts. First, I'm not expecting this to be free by any means. Secondly, I didn't say that I was looking to join them. I was hoping to reach out in an attempt to...placate them where the government, such as it is, cannot."

[roll0]

corly
2014-11-19, 05:06 AM
He smirks, taking a long drink from his cup.

"I am not so easily fooled, widow. Many glory-seekers have I sent on this fool's errand. None as yet have returned and I think that is for the best. After all their methods may be brutal and unclean but they keep certain populations down if you know what I mean. "

He takes another sip of his water and coughs into his sleeve. His face has turned noticeably redder and he seems to be sweating in the cool room. He takes another sip with shaking hands as the server returns with a salad bowl. She sets it down in front of him with another glass of water. As she passes you she makes brief eye contact.

As she leaves she drops a folded paper.

Octavian now seems to be gasping for air, and gulping down his water intermittently. Both cups are now nearly empty and he is sweating profusely, fanning himself with his hands and napkin. His eyes are bloodshot and veins are bulging his temples and neck.

These symptoms are consistent with several types of poison that can be found in the area.

RFLS
2014-11-19, 05:09 AM
Aka watches him impassively, blinking once, slowly. "Is everything alright, Octavian? You seem....ill."

Tokenninja
2014-11-20, 09:28 PM
Quadir crouches down to pick up the folded paper before turning on his heal and stepping closer to Aka and Octavian. “Hmm, he’s seems to be suffering from a poison…” he trailed off while slightly bending down to get a better look at the arachnid and after more diligent study spoke up, “Ooo, scratch that. He’s suffering from a cocktail of poisons.”

He really pissed somebody off. Maybe his former cult buddies- the constant gasping and waving snapped the desert grasshopper out of his sudden speculation trip. Better check out this paper