PDA

View Full Version : What did they do to the man with the MACE!!!

Grayson01
2014-09-27, 04:24 PM
Okay maybe some of you (probably most of you) are not as upset about this as I am. BUT! What is the crap about St. Cuthbert being the god OF COMMON SENSE AND ZEAL!? THE KNOWLEDGE DOMAIN!? Where is the righteous furry, the angry god of Vengeance!?

No really any idea why the major changes to some of the deities in the back of the PHB?

Shadow
2014-09-27, 04:35 PM
Okay maybe some of you (probably most of you) are not as upset about this as I am. BUT! What is the crap about St. Cuthbert being the god OF COMMON SENSE AND ZEAL!? THE KNOWLEDGE DOMAIN!? Where is the righteous furry, the angry god of Vengeance!?

No really any idea why the major changes to some of the deities in the back of the PHB?

Perhaps you should look up the word zeal.
As for righteous furries, did you mean something like this?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070529204058/uncyclopedia/images/0/07/Nazifur.jpg

Grayson01
2014-09-27, 04:44 PM
No that's just evil! FURY!!!!!^

Zeal is also =/= to ANGRY FURY AND VENGEANCE!

Yorrin
2014-09-27, 10:24 PM
I'll admit it threw me off when I saw it. They went and tamed the god of civilization and smiting. But I've moved from Greyhawk to a homebrew setting/pantheon, so it doesn't bother me as much as it could.

SaintRidley
2014-09-27, 10:31 PM

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070529204058/uncyclopedia/images/0/07/Nazifur.jpg

That's less a righteous furry than a furry toward which some righteous fury should be directed.

Shadow
2014-09-27, 10:36 PM
That's less a righteous furry than a furry toward which some righteous fury should be directed.

The furry belives he is righteous. That is all that's required of a righteous furry.

Logosloki
2014-09-27, 10:40 PM
So they reverted st cuthbert back to his 3.5 version? There is a dragon article on him being the god of common sense, fair justice, reform over punish and protector of the smallfolk. With a side of smiting evil when it is called for.

Yorrin
2014-09-28, 06:54 AM
So they reverted st cuthbert back to his 3.5 version? There is a dragon article on him being the god of common sense, fair justice, reform over punish and protector of the smallfolk. With a side of smiting evil when it is called for.

I think it's milder than the 3.5 version, from what I saw. I'm not feeling any sense of "smite all who dont conform to the laws" that I got from his 3.5 iteration.

Mandrake
2014-09-28, 09:13 AM
Although I sympathize with the OP about St. Cuthbert, I strongly believe this thread should now proceed to deal with righteous furries.

Balyano
2014-09-28, 09:48 AM
Maybe they are trying to make him more like his real life counter part, you know, Saint Cuthbert of Lindisfarne. And I believe that is a picture of a reicheous furry.

Logosloki
2014-09-28, 02:37 PM
I think it's milder than the 3.5 version, from what I saw. I'm not feeling any sense of "smite all who dont conform to the laws" that I got from his 3.5 iteration.

Dragon 358 presents a more mellow deity who is still smite all of the evil (unless you can convert them) and beat (but don't kill) all of the pholtus worshippers but at a community level is firm but fair (the example given being if a thief steals food for his family to survive and his caught let him be whipped instead of killed as the law says).

Above all St C to the B is a Lawful good deity with strong Lawful neutral tendencies. He is a god of order, not of law. That would be my critique of the one line entry in the PHB.

Chambers
2014-09-28, 10:19 PM
Although I sympathize with the OP about St. Cuthbert, I strongly believe this thread should now proceed to deal with righteous furries.

So, Paladin Werebears? :smallwink:

Raging_Pacifist
2014-09-29, 01:36 AM
No that's just evil! FURY!!!!!^

Zeal is also =/= to ANGRY FURY AND VENGEANCE!

Whoa. How edgy. Just homebrew it if you're so upset over him not being angry enough.

stitchlipped
2014-09-29, 04:07 AM
And I believe that is a picture of a reicheous furry.

Only posting because I felt this joke deserved some kudos.

Also, to the OP, does being the god of common sense and zeal prevent St Cuthbert from being completely open to smiting evildoers? I don't see it restricting that interpretation at all.

His common sense is the common sense of law-abiding, generally good-aligned people. Anyone who selfishly acts outside the bounds of decency - eg. an evil person - is potentially a target for his ire.

SiuiS
2014-09-29, 04:10 AM

Aaaaaaand saved