PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Muscle Mage Illumian Major ALex Louis Armstrong

Blackhawk748
2014-09-27, 07:22 PM
Ok, i am doing exactly what the topic says im trying to do, the problem is im not sure what class to use for this, so heres what i want this build to do:

Punch things REALLY HARD
Be fairly durable
Ability to manipulate stone and earth
Heal people with Perform: Bodybuilding

Race is obviously Illumian with Aeshkrau sigil. Thanks much all.

Vhaidara
2014-09-27, 07:29 PM
Well, a fairly common first step is to request the allowance of Lost Tradition. It's a third party feat from Bastards and Bloodlines that allows you to set your casting stat to any stat you want, including physical scores.

Step 2: Jotunbrud. Technically, you have to be human, but illumians are human descended, so you might be able to get away with it.

Step 3: Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator. Refluff RKV to Muscle Magic Master (Kord devoted) and trade Shadow Hand for Setting Sun (stealth for throws). Maybe dip a level of Unarmed Swordsage and pick up Superior Unarmed Strike and a Monk's Belt.

Blackhawk748
2014-09-27, 07:36 PM
Well, a fairly common first step is to request the allowance of Lost Tradition. It's a third party feat from Bastards and Bloodlines that allows you to set your casting stat to any stat you want, including physical scores.

Step 2: Jotunbrud. Technically, you have to be human, but illumians are human descended, so you might be able to get away with it.

Step 3: Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator. Refluff RKV to Muscle Magic Master (Kord devoted) and trade Shadow Hand for Setting Sun (stealth for throws). Maybe dip a level of Unarmed Swordsage and pick up Superior Unarmed Strike and a Monk's Belt.

Wonderful, if i ever play this i could prbly get Lost Tradition and Jotunbrud. Though on a personal level i dont like Crusader, not a fan of the Recovery mechanic, so id prbly switch out for Warblade and just eat the two feats to get into Muscle Magic Master (RKV)

Chaosvii7
2014-09-27, 07:37 PM
Healing with flexing is actually doable, but it requires a Bard dip and Healing Hymn. Healing Hymn increases the effect of healing spells cast during the performance by a number equal to your perform check.

Frankly, a purely CHA-based character would probably fit the motif best.

Blackhawk748
2014-09-27, 07:41 PM
Healing with flexing is actually doable, but it requires a Bard dip and Healing Hymn. Healing Hymn increases the effect of healing spells cast during the performance by a number equal to your perform check.

Frankly, a purely CHA-based character would probably fit the motif best.

Some sort of Barblade maybe?

EisenKreutzer
2014-09-27, 07:53 PM
So, basically, you're building Flex Mentallo? I approve, as long as every time you flex your muscles, the words "HERO OF THE BEACH" float glowing over your head.

http://www.derekroyal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Flex-3.jpg

Chaosvii7
2014-09-27, 07:59 PM
Some sort of Barblade maybe?

I mean if you're not really concerned with how often you can pull off the flex healing trick a 1 level dip won't kill you and still let you do it a few times per day. That'd also get you bardic performance, which is the gateway into the ever delicious Dragonfire Inspiration. It gives your character this bit of a commanding leader angle, which Armstrong definitely had.

If you're not too worried about CHA, then just take a 1-level dip. Otherwise you could make the difference between looking good and looking good.

Blackhawk748
2014-09-27, 08:12 PM
Wait, wait, wait........... Does Divine Bard get Turning? because if it does i can jump into RKV with Barblade and be so happy, otherwise Bard Dip.