PDA

View Full Version : Fell Animate Idea

Blackhawk748
2014-09-28, 04:04 PM
Now Fell Animate can only make Zombies right? Well would it be OP if, when you took the feat, you picked if it made Skeletons or Zombies? Honestly just curious as i prefer Skeletons to Zombies as my minions.

Forrestfire
2014-09-28, 04:15 PM
It wouldn't really be OP, but it'd definitely be stronger in many situations, since there are more good Skeleton base creatures than Zombies.

Blackhawk748
2014-09-28, 04:19 PM
It wouldn't really be OP, but it'd definitely be stronger in many situations, since there are more good Skeleton base creatures than Zombies.

Really? Dont you just slap the template on them for both?

nedz
2014-09-28, 04:26 PM
Maybe you could have an Improved Fell Animate, which has a pre-requisite of Fell Animate, and allows you to Animate Skeletons ?

Blackhawk748
2014-09-28, 04:28 PM
Maybe you could have an Improved Fell Animate, which has a pre-requisite of Fell Animate, and allows you to Animate Skeletons ?

Theres an idea, not many metamagic feats do that, but i can see it working for Fell Animate.

Coidzor
2014-09-28, 04:32 PM

Zombies are best with one single big attack on the base creature, like a Rhino. Skeletons can benefit from having multiple attacks. A Tiger Skeleton has more chances to do damage than a Tiger Zombie. And if Awakened can actually make use of Pounce properly.

Except is that really worth two whole feats? I doubt it.

Karnith
2014-09-28, 04:34 PM
Yyyyes, but Zombies are generally just worse than Skeletons, mainly because of Single Actions Only. There are a few creatures that end up better as Zombies - Hydras in particular spring to mind, as do Zombie Dragons, though I'd need to check the wording to be sure they'd work with Fell Animate - but getting Skeletons through Fell Animate would definitely make it a better feat by my estimation.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-28, 04:54 PM
Zombies are best with one single big attack on the base creature, like a Rhino. Skeletons can benefit from having multiple attacks. A Tiger Skeleton has more chances to do damage than a Tiger Zombie. And if Awakened can actually make use of Pounce properly.

Except is that really worth two whole feats? I doubt it.

Maybe give it the same benefits of corpse crafter as well. +4 strength +2 HP/HD as well as being able to animate creatures as skeletons.