PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Homunculi

Yaitanos
2014-09-28, 07:05 PM
So, it's been a debate for a while and I think it's time we get a definite answer for my group. Is it possible to have more than one homunculus at a time? Not as a familiar, but simply as a construct. If there is a rule saying you can only have one, could someone please tell me where it is?

Coidzor
2014-09-28, 07:10 PM
So, it's been a debate for a while and I think it's time we get a definite answer for my group. Is it possible to have more than one homunculus at a time? Not as a familiar, but simply as a construct. If there is a rule saying you can only have one, could someone please tell me where it is?

Well, the Artificer has several options and feats made available to it that would suggest that a single character can have multiple homunculi, though I don't recall any rules specifying one way or the other. The real potential pain is losing multiple homunculi at once and getting gibbed by it.

But, hey, if anyone can come up with rules text to say that the Hordeificer isn't a valid build, more power to 'em.

Yaitanos
2014-09-28, 07:13 PM
But, hey, if anyone can come up with rules text to say that the Hordeificer isn't a valid build, more power to 'em.

Exactly what I'm asking the playground to do.

Bad Wolf
2014-09-28, 07:16 PM

Its the other xact same as how many Planar Bindings you can have at a time: As many as you want, but its dangerous if something goes wrong.

Kesnit
2014-09-28, 07:20 PM
"If the party includes warforged or construct allies (like your own homunculi), patch them up with repair construct." (emphasis added)

Player's Guide to Eberron, page 63.

Given that the book specifically uses the plural, I would say Artificers can have multiple homunculi.

jiriku
2014-09-28, 07:33 PM
In my great trawling of many dozens of 3.5 sourcebooks, I have never once come across a limit to the number of homunculi one can possess and control. Fun fact: Make the dedicated wright first and he can do most of the work of crafting all the others for you.