PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need Sleight of Hands as class skill without spending a feat/level. Any source.

Jowgen
2014-09-28, 11:09 PM
Hello, I need to somehow get my hands on Sleight of Hand as a class skill for Prestige qualifying purposes, please.

I do not have a free feat slot for Skill Knowledge, Criminal Background or any other skill granting feat.

I have 1 Ranger and 4 Fighter levels that I can not change. I would take the Thug variant, if I could spare the bonus feat. Race is not usable either.

What I am looking for is any kind of ACF, Substitution Level, variant rule, non-intrusive variant class from any book, web-enhancement or Dragon Magazine that will get me Sleight of Hand as a class skill.

Anybody got anything? :smallfrown:

JBarca
2014-09-28, 11:33 PM
Do you need SoH now, or can it wait a few levels until you've got a feat slot open? If the PrC (which is it, by the way?) is beyond your reach for now, then you could just wait.

Ask your DM if you can trade, I don't know, Use Rope or Hide or some such for SoH as a Class Skill (Best option if you ask me)?

How about a DCS of the Ranger's TWF or Rapid Shot?

nedz
2014-09-29, 01:58 AM
Other than these, which are a little iffey, no.

Aereni Focus - Player's Guide to Eberron (p.20)
Skill knowledge - UA (for use with UA Variant skill system) *check with your DM*

You could also exchange Fighter for Feat Rogue ?
Feat Rogue 2 / Fighter 2 does get you an extra feat over Fighter 4.

Otherwise you have to dip a class with SoH as a class skill.

Jowgen
2014-09-29, 11:10 PM
The prestige class was Master Thrower, which is one reason why I couldn't go feat rogue since I needed the BAB, and also I got an extra feat from Fighter by going Zhentarim soldier substitution to get Skill Focus intimidate as a bonus feat for the purposes of trading it out via the Targeteer dragon mag variant fighter.

I managed to cut a deal with my DM though. Based on how thug fighters get a bunch of skills that you can get via Skilled City Dweller (minus bluff, which I got from Zhentarim soldier), I am now allowed trade Survival for for Sleight of Hand, rather than Sense Motive. :smallsmile:

Thank you everyone for your input