PDA

View Full Version : Board Issue Can't quote spoilers

Saposhiente
2014-09-29, 02:58 AM
When attempting to quote a post with a spoiler in it, the contents of the spoiler are removed from your quote. You used to be able to quote spoilers no problem, but now it doesn't work for some reason.

Douglas
2014-09-29, 03:09 AM
this is for testing

Douglas
2014-09-29, 03:10 AM
this is for testing
Works for me.

What does get automatically removed from quotes is subquotes. Are you sure that wasn't involved in whatever you encountered?

ChristianSt
2014-09-29, 05:50 AM
When attempting to quote a post with a spoiler in it, the contents of the spoiler are removed from your quote. You used to be able to quote spoilers no problem, but now it doesn't work for some reason.

this is for testing

I can't notice any problems to quote spoilers.
As Douglas said*, quotes will be discarded, so if your spoiler content is a bunch of quotes, then those will be discarded if you quote that post and the spoiler is empty.

If that is not your problem, it might help if you can share some posts you can't quote properly.

*Technically it doesn't remove subquotes. It only removes quotes from a post you want to quote. You can add in subquotes manually if wanted and they will stay:

Nested Quote.

Saposhiente
2014-09-29, 06:40 PM
Oh, it turns out that the spoilers I was quoting happened to contain entirely quotes, which is why it didn't work. Sorry, thanks for clearing it up.

Rawhide
2014-09-29, 08:15 PM
And if you include bbcode that is entirely empty, the forum software will ignore it. Which answers that question completely and means that: Question asked, question answered, thread closed.