PDA

View Full Version : Rouge Assassin Build, feat/ability Score choices

Grayson01
2014-09-29, 09:58 AM
Okay so here is my build Idea. LE (or LN) Rouge Assassin Half-Elf. He will be very focused and Driven. Grew up being raised by a Master Assassin and sculpted to become her successor. He will focus on Stealth and Sneak attacks in combat. He will want to be a master of all of his crafts and dueling. Mostly with a rapier, occasionally duelweilding Daggers but only in rare situations.
Stat Array rolled
Str: 13
Con: 16
Dex: 18 +1 Race (19)
Int: 18 +1 Race (19)
Cha: 14 +2 Race (16)
Wis: 16
Race Traits: +2 Cha +1 Dex +1 Int, Common, Elven, Infernal, Skills: Intimidate, Acrobatics
Background: Variant Criminal Skills: Deception, Stealth Tools: Forgery Kit, Dice
Class Rouge: Skills: Athletics, Investigation, Slight of Hand, Perception 1st level Expertise: Stealth Thieves tools
3rd Level Archetype Assassin: Disguise Kit, Poisoner's Kit

Feats I am thinking of taking and I would like a 20 Dex and 20 Int at some point
*Alert: the +5 Initiative will give me advantage more for Assassination
Athlete: the +1 to Dex or Str, increased Climb Speed
*Dungeon Delver: Advantage on Investigation and Perception, "Trap Sense", Search for Traps at full speed
Linguist: +1 Int, 3 Languages (Draconic, Primordial, Sylvan) Ciphers for leaving messages and contacting clients.
**Skulker: Hide when lightly obscured, don't give away position after hidden miss with ranged weapons, Dim light doesn't impose disadvantage on perception
Mobile would be nice as well

So the main question is at what levels (4th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 19th) should I take what?

Gnaeus
2014-09-29, 10:22 AM
Okay so here is my build Idea. LE (or LN) Rouge Assassin Half-Elf. He will be very focused and Driven. Grew up being raised by a Master Assassin and sculpted to become her successor. He will focus on Stealth and Sneak attacks in combat.

So he runs up silently and wipes off people's make-up?

Insidious!

SliceandDiceKid
2014-09-29, 10:02 PM

Insidious!

Lol

I'm glad I checked this thread, now.

Strill
2014-09-29, 10:15 PM
Mage Slayer can give you more opportunities for sneak attacks.

Defensive Duelist lets you block attacks after they've hit you.

Resilient (CON) can save you from petrification and other very dangerous saving throws.

Lucky is awesome for anyone. You can reroll up to three failed rolls per day.

Magic Initiate can get you any first level spell.

EvilAnagram
2014-09-29, 10:19 PM

Insidious!

Don't be ridiculous.

He sneaks up and applies too much blush so they look trashy at the ball.

And then you know Priscilla is going to say something.

Scirocco
2014-09-29, 10:58 PM
I'd go Alert -> Skulker -> everything else personally. Also, Athlete increases Str or Dex, not both.

Since your stats are apparently rolled, I don't imagine ability scores will be an issue.

Grayson01
2014-09-30, 07:05 AM
I'd go Alert -> Skulker -> everything else personally. Also, Athlete increases Str or Dex, not both.

Since your stats are apparently rolled, I don't imagine ability scores will be an issue.

Thanks I was really tied up deciding on which of those to take first, you think I should hold of until 10th to get a 20 dex?