PDA

View Full Version : GitP OGame Alliance - Always looking for new recruits

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Doglord
2007-06-08, 12:11 PM
Great, i was just attacked by 5:366:6, Ill never get enough ressie for the plasma tech for plasma cannons, too stop these sort of people...

Krade
2007-06-08, 01:21 PM
How close are you to plasma turrets? If it's just one more level, I could probably help out a bit. After my next big trade is complete.

Doglord
2007-06-08, 01:27 PM
Yes, just one more level, every time I try saving, I get attacked, gauss cannons dont help against 100 battleships

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-08, 01:31 PM
I could send my fleet there to ACS defend you. Wouldn't that ruin his day!

How many ships does he send? Only the 100 battleships? Is it the guy you mentioned right above?

HAHA! EDIT: The guy at 5:366:6 is ranked 42. The best I can offer is to use up everything, or fleetsave with the stuff in the ships.

Doglord
2007-06-09, 02:48 AM
Atacked again, Ill never get anything done. I may as well quit.

Krade
2007-06-09, 04:38 PM
Doglord: I sent you an ingame PM, check it out, reply, and I'll get back to later today (if you even get on again today).

Samiam303
2007-06-09, 10:21 PM
Well I've just recently joined, so I'm working on building up my homeworld. Any advice as what to do would be appreciated! :smile:

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-10, 08:48 AM
Well, I have had my first attack. Thought I was in newb protection (whatever that means, I have 914 points? I know I can be attacked, but they have to be fairly low level) but guess not low enough to not draw attention.
----------------------------------
The attacker has won the battle!
He captured
2.008 metal, 2.995 crystal, and 2.995 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.
The defender lost a total of 125.000 units.
At these space coordinates now float 9.600 metal and 18.900 crystal.
9 Light Laser, 3 Rocket Launcher could be repaired.
----------------------------------

So, didn't lose much, but how do I find out about the attacker? The report has:

Attacker rOYALts (1:162:8)
Type Cruiser
Total 10
Weapons 680
Shields 50
Armour 4.590

-------------------------------
*[edit] He is ranked about 6576, I am around 8040, so, probably close enough to attack. Ah, but now I know who my target should be ... yep, maybe, ...

The only painful part is that he took out all of my solar satellites :smallfrown: and now I have to rebuild them. I had just finished the reqs for a recycler, so maybe that is next on the build list.

[edit] ok, how do I repair the stuff that is repairable? Do I have to rebuild or is it something else?

Krade
2007-06-10, 10:17 AM
Those defenses than can be reduilt are done automatically, you don't need to do anything.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-10, 11:44 AM
Quick advice. Don't rely on solar sats too much. They are destroyed in a raid too easy, and then someone just comes in and picks up the debris with a recycler. Save up a little and upgrade the solar plant.

General advice is to get colony ships fast. Build new colonies within the same system as yourself, and use them to suplement each other building faster. Work on mines and research now, and don't worry too much on the fleetbuilding. Unless you plan to go a-raiding, keep the fleet small. Always fleetsave. Every colony should have a level one shipyard and a few rocket launchers built reasonably fast, to prevent easy raids with a only a few cargoes.

Starting this late, I don't know if my strategy would work as well as it did for me starting day one, but that is what I do. If you are being raided by someone over 5,000 points and you think I can hit them back, my destroyers are itching for an easy kill.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-10, 11:57 AM
Yep, your right on the solars. They were way to easy to build, and even easier to destroy. Strangely, no one harvested the debris field so I had time to build a recycler and get it back. In my system I have those uber-alliances: a 15, 34, 35 and 337. So, they leave me alone for now. I have two vacant planets, so will colonize one. I just built my planetary shield as well. I am close to having gauss cannons.

I am toying with sending him a message from Admiral Chrome Dome concerning his accidental attack and how it isn't neighborly :smallsmile: Especially since the damage was very minimal (he harvested about 2 hours production?) and I harvested most of the debris?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-10, 12:03 PM
It is funny. At his rank, that may have been a few hours production. I never even thought about that. For me, that is close to ten minutes on my home world. Tops. If I raided that the duet would be worth less than the gains. Did you maybe do something to upset him? Sometimes raids come for other reasons. GitP is not at war that I know of, and if there is one someone please tell me.

He has Noob protection from me right now, but I will keep en eye, nd when he hits 5,000 points I will knock him back into universe 20.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-10, 12:11 PM
nah, I figure he was just looking around trying to find someone that he could attack just to figure out the mechanics and my little lightly defended home world popped up. Otherwise, why did he not even try to harvest the debris, it was 1/2 of a recycler's capacity.

I think I will send the following to him.

Dear Sir,

Apparently some of your commanders got confused and accidentally attacked our homeworld. I understand such things can happen, and appreciate that you left the debris so we could recycle it and avoid further losses. However, please notify your commanders that such future mistakes will not be so lightly tolerated.

Sincerely,
Admiral Chrome Dome

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-10, 12:12 PM
That will work. Let him know you're not mad, but that further attacks and you will be. Also, you will find out if he speaks english.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-11, 03:17 PM
So, I have some crystal sitting around doing me little good other than taking up space, and I'm in need of metal. Lots of metal. Getting together 1000k metal would seem easy, but I keep upgrading things, so it's taking a lot longer thn expected, and I don't want to accumulate res to the exclusion of anything else, so...anyways, I've got about 3-400k crystal which needs a good home, and looking for metal. I don't have to trade all of the crystal if you don't need it/can't afford it, but every little bit helps. Standard trade value, if you please.

Krade
2007-06-13, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking of making an official boot-time for inactives. 5 or 10 days inactive would then be official ejection from the alliance because I'm getting tired of having to wait 35 days after someone quits without saying anything to have their account deleted and still have them in the alliance. I know it's nothing serious, but I am finding it annoying. And if they want back in, then we'll let them back in. And of course, there will be exceptions made for vacations and the like.

I just wanted to see what you all thought of it. Even though technically I don't need you to agree, I don't like the idea of becoming a heavy handed "leader."

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-13, 12:09 PM
Meh. I don't think it matters so much to me either way. I'm not going anywhere. As long as it is a fair time frame, like 10-15 days, then it is cool. I think 5 is a little too short. I could easily rack up two just from inactivity over the weekend, then if things are busy at work...

Samiam303
2007-06-13, 02:03 PM
I'm gonna be out of town for the next two weeks, so please don't kick me for inactivity.. I'm not going into vacation mode because I'm so low a rank, I figure I won't likely be attacked... Hoping to stock up some resources for when I return.

In other news, I now control two planets.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-13, 02:25 PM
Oh, yep, I completely forgot to check on my planet. Bet I have either been raided (again) or the warehouses are overflowing with stuff.

Samiam303
2007-06-13, 02:33 PM
Well here's my question...

I sent my colony ship out and loaded it up with resources for the new colony. However, when I looked at my newly colonized planet, it doesn't appear as if the resources I sent arrived. Reading the description of the colony ship, it says "The ship and all resources on board are destroyed in the creation of the colony". Does that mean I just threw away a bunch of resources?

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-13, 02:37 PM
Update on that 'firebrand' dealie on 22: I think the moron forgot. I've got a small band of allies at this point--some players from alliances ranked higher than the PD were--but the guy hasn't contacted me, or our actual alliance head, since he ranted at us last week. I'm thinking about just asking our allies to raid the guy.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-13, 03:37 PM
Well here's my question...

I sent my colony ship out and loaded it up with resources for the new colony. However, when I looked at my newly colonized planet, it doesn't appear as if the resources I sent arrived. Reading the description of the colony ship, it says "The ship and all resources on board are destroyed in the creation of the colony". Does that mean I just threw away a bunch of resources?

I fear they are gone. I made the same mistake before too.

Samiam303
2007-06-13, 03:38 PM
Ah well, at least the colony ship doesn't hold a huge amount of resources... I could have ended up throwing away much more than I did if I was allowed. :annoyed:

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-13, 03:52 PM
Yeah, it holds a good amount of space, but that is all for deut to reach the far away locales.

How much did you send, and where? I could make it up to you, and I doubt it would even cost me an hour worth of mining.

Samiam303
2007-06-13, 04:03 PM
I can be found at 4:418:1 and 4:418:10, but honestly it's not worth you replacing. It was only a couple hours worth even for ME... 2-3k each of Metal, Crystal and Deuterium.

Thanks for the offer though! :smile:

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-13, 05:58 PM
Damn it all, i need 8k metal to build nanites...I really hope I don't get attacked anytime soon, because I definitely can't move all of these resources anytime soon, and I'd be really unhappy if I lost it all. Seriously unhappy.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-13, 06:28 PM
If any is interested, my neighbor at 1.172.12 has more than 1.8M metal and 600K crystal in a debris field around the planet. Not sure how long it will be there, or if I am allowed to harvest it, but ... perhaps someone else?

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-13, 07:40 PM
nevermind, crisis averted. Now, still looking for a trade...

Krade
2007-06-14, 02:10 AM
*whew*

For the past 7 hours I've been out hanging with a LOT of good friends from high school, most of whom I have not seen in a very good amount of time. There was much revelry, barbeque, booze, and a hookah. A good time was had by all.

The sigh of relief up top of this post is because I was not attacked in this amount of time since my normal time of checking my account was about 3 hours ago.

And d12: Everyone says hi, wish you were there with us.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-14, 09:10 AM
yeah, well me too.

in other news, wow, i wish i had your luck. Or at least luck enough to get a moon out of a fairly signficant fleet-crash. Or maybe even enough luck to be able to salvage some of the leftover debris. Of course, that would just be silly. That's like asking for a colony to have more than 120 fields. I basically got fleetcrashed about 20 minutes before I got up and checked my account, with an 8% moonchance.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-15, 06:56 AM
Speaking of destroyed, there is now a destroyed planet in my galaxy. Wasn't there earlier, but now ... oh well. Not gonna be colonizing that one.

Samiam303
2007-06-15, 07:19 AM
I'm just curious, how does a planet become destroyed? Is that from a really big attack on it, or something else?

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-15, 07:25 AM
I'm guessing a Death Star. As posted earlier, I have 6 planets in my galaxy with players in alliances with ranks of 12, 32 and 35. So, a Death Star visited?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-15, 08:00 AM
Planets are destroyed when you abandon a colony. It can't be re-colonized for a few days.

Death stars can kill moons though.:smalleek:

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-15, 09:54 AM
Ah! Well, I can start building Gauss cannons now! And, a large sheild. Yippee! Next milestone will be when I can get the nanite factory

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-15, 09:58 AM
Plasma turrets is a good milestone for defenses. Nanite factories rock... My homeworld can pump out battleships in 15 minutes or so.

I am working my way to reasearch lab level 12... then graviton tech. Then... DEATHSTARS! I got the rest ready for them.

OGame is bugging right now though. If ny of you use the Commander, or any of the officers, you'll notice. The empire veiw is messed up, as well as the resources on each planet. It is a major bug, and going for this week at least so far, but I have heard little about the fix yet.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-15, 10:02 AM
Yeah, nanites do rock pretty hard. I've got one on a colony already, and preparing to create another in galaxy 9. In between that, I'm getting plasma turrets down. So, a question. Which would you suggest getting first? Battlecruisers, or destroyers? I didn't really have the option before, i don't know how new battlecruisers are though.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-15, 10:05 AM
Battlecruisers are good fleet crash or defense ships. They hae rapidfire on most ships lower than them, more than destroyers do. Of course a destroyer in general is better, but it does cost more. I don't think that battlecruisers are bad to get. I made a good sized fleet and used them to intercept incoming attacks when I could. Made some good money on the debris feilds. Of course, it means you need to be active online to see the attack.

Krade
2007-06-17, 10:30 AM
So apparently, I'm really good at reviving the thread when no one's posted on it for several days. But this isn't a shameless bump. So it's Ok:smallwink:

Now, guess who has over 1.5million deut. That's right its me! And I would love to get that large ammount off my hands rather quickly. Anyone up for trade is more than welcome to offer. At this point, I'll take lots of little trades as well, I don't absolutely need it all gone in one trade, so if any of you lowbies want to trade for some extra deut, just drop me a line. Quickly though, because I've also posted on the OGame forum that I'm selling so it probably won't be available for long.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-17, 04:34 PM
How do you end up with so much deut all the time? I am always at a shortage. Hmm... I don't have anything worth trading though, since I have been busy building. One more reasearch lab and I can work on my gravaton... WEE!!! The shipyard is ready and waiting for the blueprints to come in. By this time next week, or at least halfway through the one after, I should be pumping out a few Death Stars.

Of course, if I can already, who else has been able to make them for weeks?

Also the last time I played, I don't think I got this far along. Is there something I should know about?

It seems like I have been slowly creeping up the ranking. I was hanging near the 500s. I creeped up to 400s. Now, I have been in the 360 range for over a week. Is this because people are leaving, or and I really going up over the others? Either way, it will be droping when I loose a few planets due to size. I have been holding on as they are still worth the mines, but soon they won't be.

I am also temped to attack the player 'Fate' because they stole me name. They are without an alliance, and ranked 1260... Hmm... Tempting.

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-17, 07:43 PM
Yay plasma turrets.

Oh, and funny twist on 22: the rep who threatened us? Guy by the 'name' of Dark Archer? It was his fourth account in a multi setup. The admins banned his ass and I don't think he got a message off to his buds in time.

Krade
2007-06-17, 11:11 PM
Yay plasma turrets.

Oh, and funny twist on 22: the rep who threatened us? Guy by the 'name' of Dark Archer? It was his fourth account in a multi setup. The admins banned his ass and I don't think he got a message off to his buds in time.
Well so much for all that worry. And yes, that is indeed a funny twist of events.

And Fate, I gather so much deut because right now I'm only spending it on transporting resources (and at level 10 combustion, it only takes 800 deut per L. Cargo to travel between galaxy 2 and galaxy 9) now that I have a healthy number of plasma turrets on ALL of my planets. And I make about 11,334 an hour. So it takes 3.676 days for me to accumulate 1,000,000. Yeah, I don't think I'll be needing to upgrade any of my synthesizers for a while.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-17, 11:27 PM
Ahh... I spend it often on fleetsaving. Even at 10% speed, hundreds of battleships and destroyers eat it up. Plus if fuels raids. Plus I don't have as high of engine tech. Plus I don't have as high of mines. Plus I am working on my way to gravaton tech, and upgrading the lab and shipyard for later have sucked it up too.

Krade
2007-06-18, 02:01 AM
You are gonna go for graviton? Tell me, what's the max temperature on the planet you will be researching it on? Do that, and I can tell you about how much it will cost in solar satellites to reach 300,000 energy. That's what you need to research graviton. But at least that 300,000 doesn't stay spent, and if someone attacks you afterwards, its a garunteed 20% moon chance.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-18, 06:59 AM
Ahh... So, I will need to build up 300k energy on the planet to research it on. So I just need to pump out my solars. Max temp on the planet is 66. Not very much, but it is the only planet with the lab high enough.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-18, 08:34 AM
so first off, i've got exams and final projects that I'm a little worried about, so I'm going to try and turn on vacation mode for a few days. "Try" being the operative word...it's not letting me, though I'm not building, researching, or flying at all.

Also, my skins changed...this has happened before, and I never knew why or bothered to fix it, but it looks really cheesy and bad now, so any clues will be much appreciated.

Krade
2007-06-18, 12:45 PM
Fate: A temperature like that and it will take 7,692 satellites not including power from your solar plant.

d12: Go to "Options" on the side toolbar. Once in there, there is a check-box labeled "Display Skin." Just check the box and it should change it back. If that doesn't work, make sure this is in the "Skin path" box.
http://80.237.203.201/download/use/evolution/

And if THAT doesn't work, then you are screwed.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-18, 01:16 PM
Fate: A temperature like that and it will take 7,692 satellites not including power from your solar plant.

?????? :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: ???? How long does it take to build a solar satellite? 1 min? 30 secs? Geez! Still a few days of building?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-18, 01:17 PM
27 seconds to build one... but when I need that many, getting the resources is what will slow me more than anything.

Ah well. It will take a little longer before I bet meself some Death Stars.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-18, 01:25 PM
Different question. My overview page says 86/163 fields. How is the 86 computed? Is it in the help system/docs somewhere? Must be related to what I have built, but that means there is a cap, so I need to start choosing what to build next?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-18, 01:28 PM
Yes, each level of building on the buildings page is a feild. You do need to limit what you build where. This is why the large planets are so important when you get a colony.

Krade
2007-06-18, 01:39 PM
You are no where near needing to start being careful with what you build next. I've only got 15 fields left on my homeworld. That's about when you need to start planning out what to build next.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-18, 01:41 PM
Yeah... I'm down to five... four once I upgrade my research lab one more level. :smallfrown:

Krade
2007-06-18, 02:15 PM
What level is all your storage at?

On my homeworld, they are all at level 8.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-18, 02:19 PM
Right now, 9 9 5. Need to up the metal though, if I want to upgrade my crystal mine or solar plant there.

Krade
2007-06-20, 01:39 PM
So apparently, 20 ABMs don't help too much against 40 IPMs.

The wierd thing is he didn't attack me afterwards. Killed all of my 21 plasmas, 46 H. lasers, and about 300 R. Launchers. I suppose he ran out of missiles and I still have 1200 L. Lasers. That might have something to do with it.

Edit: Attacked by Balanar. Ranked 167. Sent 40 missiles from 6 different planets. I guess there wasn't much I could've done to avoid this.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-20, 01:52 PM
WOW. That is a lot of missles. :smalleek:

Time to learn from you and up my missle defences!

Krade
2007-06-20, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I launched all my IPMs, I'm upgrading my silo, I'm rebuilding all my plasmas, and I'm going to fill up on ABMs now. By the end of all this, I'll have 50 ABMs. And with any luck, 50 will do a better job of keeping someone from hitting me with missiles.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-20, 02:03 PM
My home has 40, and it is full. I never built the IPMs, just the ABMs. My other planets have from 10-20, so they need an upgrade.

Krade
2007-06-20, 02:18 PM
So, I have now used up all the resources on 3 planets. Including the upgrade to the silo, I had enough resources in stock to rebuild everything except 3 Plasma Turrets.

My shipyard will be working until I wake up tomorrow...

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-20, 02:58 PM
Wow, ok, more 'big boys' just moved on my neck of the words. And, there are lots of little debris fields ... anyone want to colonize a planet, number two in 1.172? Only one left in the area. Guess I could if I could build a colony ship.

Krade
2007-06-20, 03:47 PM
I can damn near garuntee that the guy that holds the planet in slot 1 in your system is going to use that planet to get graviton. With a planet that close to the sun, 1 satellite would make 50 energy. So it would "only" take 6000 satellites to get the necesary 300,000.

There's just no other reason for someone ranked that high to have such a small planet.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-21, 12:59 PM
So how have things been going for everyone lately? So far for me it has been very quiet. I hope I don't jinx it, but I have gone three or four days without even getting a probe from someone. Is the universe dead?

Well, I know you are all still out there. Hopefully this luck will continue and I can get my Graviton. Only one second research time... cool:smallcool:

The_Lonely_d12
2007-06-21, 04:03 PM
i'm still away from my account, so I really hope theres been no activity on my end. This is basically crunch week-and-a-half for me...I've got a couple portfolio projects to finish up, and ogame gets to be really distracting with all the checking and such that take time away from what I should be doing.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-06-22, 08:24 AM
My fleets got smashed last week, but I did manage to get a moon out of it (on a 7% chance no less, not very big fleets). However I did get plasma in the mean time and am building them as fast as possible on my worlds. Should put an end to the casual attacks (and in fact no one has attacked since I started building them). So for a while its all plasma for me and then building fleets to attack the non-plasma people.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-24, 05:06 PM
Grrr... making 6000 solar sats is a very time consuming, and scarry proccess. All it would take is one little fleet to come by (well not little, since I have defenses, but still...) and my work would be gone! Once I get it though... everything else is ready and waiting... MWAHAHA! Barring an attack that should be some time at the end of this week.

Samiam303
2007-06-24, 10:17 PM
Well I'm halfway through my vacation and I've only been attacked once, with fairly small losses. A few of my solar satellites were destroyed, but hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the resources that have been piling up.

I've also decided to just snap up every planet that opens up in the system I started in, and while that probably isn't a very good game strategy, I now control a good portion of 4:418:X. Five out of the fifteen planets, and I'm just getting started.

On a final note, several of my planets have debris fields and I'm nowhere near getting a recycler, so if anyone wants to grab them, just look around the 4:418:X system. :smile:

Gaelbert
2007-06-24, 11:31 PM
Is it too late to join up? This sounds interesting.

Krade
2007-06-25, 12:51 AM
It's never too late to join up. So join all you want. Just make an account, apply to the alliance, and pick out a silly rank name. You'll fit right in

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 01:22 AM
Excellent. I'm on it.
Edit: Application sent.

Krade
2007-06-25, 02:33 AM
There. You have now been accepted into our ranks.

*Cheap fireworks explosions and various other celebratory sounds*

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 02:45 AM
So how exactly do I change my Rank Name?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 07:26 AM
Rank names is something Krade or I can do. Just let us know what name you'd like and we can set it up.

Normally they are real ranks within the alliance, and as players grow in power they grow in rank. We make everyone equal, so you get to pick a silly name.

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 11:27 AM
In which case I will take doirseoir as my rank. How fitting.

Krade
2007-06-25, 11:31 AM
There, done and done.

But what does it mean?

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 11:43 AM
It means Janitor. Which is fitting because my planet name sounds awesome but means goat intestines.

Krade
2007-06-25, 11:46 AM
I thought haggis was made out of sheep.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 11:57 AM
When I had haggis it was cooked in a sheep's stomache, but I am not from/in Scotland, so it may have been an Americanized version.

Krade, I sent you a game PM. You ready to trade?

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 12:10 PM
It appears I've been misinformed. Oh, well.
Edit: I just chewed out my source.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 12:13 PM
Still, sheep's stomache is not a terrible name for a planet... :smallconfused:

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 12:17 PM
My mind was all out of creative juices. Its been pretty hot where I live, and they've all burnt away...:smalleek:

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 12:19 PM
I know what that is like. It has cooled down for me this past week, but before that... ho boy! I actually skipped running a few days it was so hot.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 12:45 PM
Krade? I don't want to miss my chance to tade, but OGame has you as offline now.

I have ships ready with 1,500,000 meatal to trade for 500,000 deut if you have it. I know it is more than you originally wanted, but if you have the deut to spare? That is enough for 1000 more solar sats. Put me much closer to my goal, much faster than I could go normally.

I fear I may have attracted the attention of a nearby high level guy, and I am worried that he will satelite crash me if I don't hurry. Anyone else willing to trade deut to me I would love to have it. I am good for an I.O.U too if you are willing to trust me. I really want my death stars.

Krade
2007-06-25, 01:46 PM
I never logged off. I sent you a pm earlier and I've been waiting for a response.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 01:57 PM
Hmm... I sent a reply earlier too. I guess the in game PM system is slow.

And checking the alliance page it said offline for nearly 30 mins... I guess I can't trust that either.

Anyway, with your trade rate, I can send 1.7 mil for 720k deut, if you can spare that much. I want as much as I can trade for. The faster I get it done the better.

Home world is full, so I won't be leveling up my deut mine past 20... Also, I have to wait before I can send the fleet off, as it will take 13k deut just to fly to your world with enough ships to carry all that metal. I have some en route, and will be there in a few hours. Whenever I get it in I will send the fleets on. Whatever deut you are willing to trade I will 'buy' even if I can't pay for it right away. I am good for any loans. :smallsmile:

EDIT: I had an incomeing deut supply I had forgoten about. 1.7 mil metal on its way. Thank you Krade!

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-25, 06:43 PM
Now I am well underway, with nearly 2000 solar sats done or in production. Now though, I am low on crystal. This wont be for long however, as I have plenty en route.

Crossing my fingers, because all I need is one badly timed attack, and there is nothing I can do. Can't pack up those sats and ship them to another planet for safety...

Krade
2007-06-26, 12:28 AM
I've got all my planets with deut mines to level 15 and 16 on my homeworld. I now make almost 14k deut an hour. So now I'll pump out 1,000,000 in 2d 23h 45m 24s. Give or take a second.

Fun stuff.

Per Hour
Metal: 100,034
Crystal: 52,455
Deuterium: 13,936

Per Day
Metal: 2,400,816
Crystal: 1,258,920
Deuterium: 334,464

Per Week
Metal: 16,805,712
Crystal: 8,812,440
Deuterium:2,341,248

Time to 1,000,000
Metal: 9h 59m 48s
Crystal: 19h 3m 50s
Deuterium: 2d 23h 45m 24s

If I had Graviton researched I could afford to put out 2 Deathstars a week.:smalltongue:
Edit: It would take me about 2 weeks to gather the resources for the satellites to get graviton.

Gaelbert
2007-06-26, 12:40 AM
Oh yeah? Well I got my deut mine to 5, my crystal mine to seven, and my iron mine to 7 on all of my planet! That doesn't sound as impressive.:smallsigh:
Building myself my first shipyard as we speak.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-26, 07:06 AM
If I had Graviton researched I could afford to put out 2 Deathstars a week.:smalltongue:

How much for a death star then?

Other than my homeworld, with a duet mine of 20, the rest are in the low teens. And my first two colomies that filled are lower still. :smallfrown:

I will put up a mine poducion update when I get the time. :smallwink:

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-26, 07:27 AM
ok, got a message about a foreign fleet sighted near my planet. Fleet from 1.175.7, but I only have a 4% chance at counter-espionage. So ... ideas? Other player is ranked in the 3000 range, I am in the 7000 range, don't think he can attack.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-26, 08:37 AM
If he can probe, he can attack. New player protection extends to probing as well. Honestly, I would just say get used to seeing these messages. If you keep your resources used up and try to fleetsave when you are not online, they will probe you and decide it is not worth an attack. As long as you have some defenses to deter them as well. At a certain point, players will learn that you are good about keeping your planet as a bad pick for raiding, and the probes will lessen. When a new player moves in, he may probe you again, but if you are still keeping the planet in good shape there is nothing to worry about.

Sometimes you get a player like the demetri (or however he spells it) guy out near us in galaxy 9. He just attacks because he can, but even those attacks have stopped lately. Once you get over 5000 points and into the big kid zone, if someone attacks you that is close to your point range, you have the big guns (like me :smallbiggrin: ) that you can call in for support. Of course there are the occasional players that attack that you just have to hope you catch. A single raid or wven three against you might seem sucky, but it is a part of OGame.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-26, 08:48 AM
Not really worried about the attack, was just curious. Don't have a huge fleet (in fact I have an almost non-existent fleet). I have been working on defense and have my large shield and also some gauss guns and light lasers. Trying to make me as unattractive as possible. I am trying to save up for my computer tech so I can get the nanite factory, but it will take a few days.

... as far as big guns, check out all my neighbors over here in 1.172. As big as you may be, I don't think I want to mess with any of them, at all.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-26, 08:55 AM
:smallbiggrin: Heh... last time I took a peek at your system, I was impressed with the locals, but not as much as a few of those that have moved in near me. Other than one in the 700s ranks the rest are still down in the 1000s+. WHen you look at the galaxy veiw, they must still be red for you, since they are all someone I can target, but you are green. At least you don't have to worry about them right now. One system over, in 1:171 there are a few in my ranking range. :smallbiggrin:

Do you have other colonies? Where at? One of the sucky things about starting a little late is that the other planets in the systems are taken, and it is hard to get a good first new colony.

Jo_Jampa
2007-06-26, 09:00 AM
Haven't tried to build a colony yet, or go looking for a world even. In my neighborhood all that is left are those close in planets. The one right next to me was occupied by a banned player and I had my eye on it just in case, but ... one day it was his, next day someone else had pounced on it. So, it became available and then quickly got snatched up. So, I am looking for other possible sheriff sale properties, just in case ...

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-26, 09:21 AM
For a first colony, take anything that is available in your home system. That way, you can quickly ship resources back and forth. Hopefully it will be in the 60 field range, and it will be worth keeping for a little while.

I like, and hate, having my colonies spread the way I do. I have three in 2, three in 6, and three in 9. If someone wants to raid me, he can never get everything, but also my planets are spread out and harder to share between. 6 hours to get my crystal home for my sats...

Either way, a new colony is a very solid way to build up the production, and the points. Even if you just get the colony up to level 10 mines, you can ship the resourses home.

Krade
2007-06-26, 11:51 AM
A Deathstar cost 5,000,000 metal, 4,000,000 crystal, and 1,000,000 deut. Pretty expensive. You can find out how long it will take for you to build one at your current shipyard and nanite level by taking the time to build a probe and multiply it by 9,000. I have Shipyard 12 and Nanite 1, it takes me 27s to build a probe. Multiply by 9,000 and you get 2d 19h 30s to build a Deathstar.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-26, 07:15 PM
Over one third of the way there... If all goes well I should be done at the end of this week. I tend to get probed less on weekdays, so hopefully I didn't just jinx it and it will work out well.

WOW, that is a lot to spend on a death star. But then again... it is a might fine ship. The deut will be a problem to raise, the rest easy. TIme to upgrade the deut plants.

144,904 metal/hour

71626 crystal/hour

9229 deut/hour. :smallfrown:

Wow, that deut blows. Did I add that right?

It has been a while since I upped my mines. Time to stock up and do so I think. After the gravaton that is. :smallamused:

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-27, 04:29 PM
Getting close to half way. By the end of the day today I should be there. :smallcool: Of course, that is half way including the energy from my solar plant as well... Less than half way with the sats, I think. Hurry hurry hurry!

By now I have so many solar sats in orbit that it is a wonder they ahve not run into eash other, or the fleet there.

Krade
2007-06-28, 12:29 AM
I've been thinking (I know I probably shouldn't be). Wouldn't it be a good idea to have 1,667 L. Fighters on all of your planets? Think about it. If anyone attacks you with enough force to break through, you get a garunteed 20% moonchance. And that may dissuade people from attacking.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-28, 08:48 AM
Not a bad idea. Hmm...

Also, work work work on the annoying to get done solar sats. My luck is I will never get attacked, and then have 300k energy on my home world, where the planet is too full to build more!

AAAAARG! I knew it was bound to happen. I just made 143 esp probes rather than solar sats!!!! ARRRG!

Also, what do they use to decide on blowing up probes? My home world has a 100% chance right now, so I blow up all who probe me.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-28, 11:08 AM
AHHHH!!!! Today is not my day.

Well, at least you guys will get a great chance to catch up to me in points... :smallfrown: :smallfrown:

They are really out to get me though... four different platers all ACSing me... ouch.

This is gonna be one hell of a fight. Hope I at least get the moon out of it.

Krade
2007-06-28, 12:37 PM
Not a bad idea. Hmm...

Also, work work work on the annoying to get done solar sats. My luck is I will never get attacked, and then have 300k energy on my home world, where the planet is too full to build more!

AAAAARG! I knew it was bound to happen. I just made 143 esp probes rather than solar sats!!!! ARRRG!

Also, what do they use to decide on blowing up probes? My home world has a 100% chance right now, so I blow up all who probe me.

With that much spare energy, you could build many levels of terraformer.

Counter-espionage chance is a combination of your espionage level, the prober's level, number of probes sent, and number of ships on the probed planet. I only know that those factor in. Don't ask exactly how they factor in.

So all your sats are going down? That sucks.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-28, 12:41 PM
Yeah...

They hit, and now I have gotten close to 500 combat reports that make no sense... they are all blank. FOr the past five minutes I have been trying ot see the results, but they dont come up...:smallconfused:

Krade
2007-06-28, 12:51 PM
Your debris field isn't massive.

I conclude that the ACS function never got fixed. I remember reading on the boards about people complaining that all the ACS did was make hundreds of empty battle reports and no actual battle occured.

Edit: This WAS on your homeworld right? Because I just probed you and all your sats are still there. HOORAY FOR BUGS!!!

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-28, 12:52 PM
Well... with the ACS this big I guess I get a thousand!

I had that happen once against me... glad to see it is not fixed I guess One at a time they might be able to whittle me down, but I don't think they would take the risk... Lets hope.:smallcool:

Half an hour later... and I am still getting them. At least they are only two at a time now, not four at a time.

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-30, 10:43 AM
Hello fellow OGamers! I have a great surplus of metal, and although I could find a place to put it, I would be much happier trading it away for crystal and deut so I can finish my solar sats. Krade and I have been trading in the 2.2:1.2:1 ratio, which means I have enough metal to buy over 1.2mil crystal, or 1mil deut, or any combination of it. If you are looking for metal and you have some spare crystal or deut, let me know, and I will trade with you happily.

Even in the 3:2:1 ratio I could get nearly 2 mil crystal or 1 mil deut. It is a lot of spare metal, and I hope I can get these sats off before I get another attack... one that makes it through. :smalleek:

Gaelbert
2007-06-30, 06:21 PM
I'm saving up enough crystal to buy a colony ship. Any advice on making colonies?

Call_me_Fate
2007-06-30, 10:30 PM
For colonies, I would recomend the first one be near your home world. Even if the planet is small, you can still use the mines to supplement the home planet. That is what I do. Once you can expand more, finding large planets near home may be hard. Most of use are out in galaxy 9, at system 73 for me. If you get a spare ship, send it out that way. There is some safety in numbers.

Gaelbert
2007-07-01, 12:42 AM
Wouldn't it be a pain to transport materials across eight galaxies, though? The only planets left in my system are 1,2,3, 14, and 15.

Krade
2007-07-01, 03:25 AM
For me, its about 800 deut per L. Cargo and takes about 4 hours and 40 minutes to travel between galaxy 2 and 9 at Combustion Engine Lvl10. So, for me, it's not much of a pain. I would suggest going for the planets in the 14 and 15 slot first. They will tend to be larger than the planets in 1, 2, and 3. I have two planets in the 13-15 group and they are both a decent size (though, apparently, I just got lucky in that regard).

Samiam303
2007-07-01, 07:07 AM
What's considered "a decent size" for a planet?

Gaelbert
2007-07-01, 08:12 AM
Well, I'm off for 5 days.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-01, 10:17 AM
A moment of silence for my 3.5 million in crystal that joined the heavens as the solar sats blew up.

But yeah, still looking to trade. I gotta re-build them all now. :smallfrown:

Krade
2007-07-01, 01:31 PM
What's considered "a decent size" for a planet?

I would say "decent" would be around the same size as your homeworld.

Sorry for your loss, Fate. Did the attack occur before or after my cargos got there?

Edit: I see from the timing of my messages that it was after. Damn, at least you still had enough to send the other half of the trade and it happened before my other 900k crystal got there. Not much to be happy for, but hey, you could use it.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-01, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it was not terrible. Other than all the sats, I got my fleet, and the resourses you dropped off, taken care of and safe. They used nearly 100 IPMs on my though, to get rid of mine, then get all my plasmas. Still took out enough of their fleets to get 3 mil metal floating in the area as well, but they had the entire df cleaned up five minutes after the attack.

I did get your shipments sent out. I plan to re-build some plasmas first, but then back at it... I was at 225,000 energy when they hit... :smallfrown:

Krade
2007-07-01, 10:01 PM
I'm suddenly inspired to ask: What are the mine levels on your homeworld now? Mine are 25, 24, 16.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-02, 08:34 AM
26 25 20 at home.

Gaelbert
2007-07-05, 04:28 PM
My colony on slot 14 has 124 fields. I've been gone for 5 days and I wasn't raided at all, not that I have too much to raid, but still.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-07-06, 08:15 PM
so, its been fun, but i really think that for now i need to call it quits before it becomes an addiction. As such, first person to ask-either on this topic or as a pm on this forum-is free to take my account, and do with it what you will. Assuming its still there, of course...i haven't checked in a few days, but its been on vacation mode, so...

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-06, 08:19 PM
A word of warning is someone does take oer your account... don't you have to either get special permision for watching a friends account, or not be in the same alliance? I know I have my house-mate playing way back when, and she and I joined some alliance and we both got banned. Same IP address since we used the same computer here at home.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-07-06, 09:00 PM
as i understand it, or at least what it used to be-i haven't checked in a while-as I intend to forgo all playing of this account, it can be given to another player to use if that player does not have an open account, or has one in the process of being deleted. If the person accepted the account, and continued to play both accounts on the same IP and in the same alliance, then there would be problems.

Gaelbert
2007-07-07, 01:24 AM
At 07-07 08:26:43 the following fleets met in battle::

Attacker gaelbert (1:166:11)

The attacker has won the battle!
He captured
2.525 metal, 2.525 crystal, and 0 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.
The defender lost a total of 0 units.
At these space coordinates now float 0 metal and 0 crystal.

Not much, but still, its my first raid.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-07-07, 11:26 AM
OK, I must be dense, but why can't I harvest the debris field over my own planet? I have recyclers handy, but when I hover over the field the "Harvest" option is greyed out.

Gaelbert
2007-07-07, 12:13 PM
Where are you, Steve?

Krade
2007-07-07, 01:24 PM
OK, I must be dense, but why can't I harvest the debris field over my own planet? I have recyclers handy, but when I hover over the field the "Harvest" option is greyed out.
I think that's one of the "Look what you COULD do easily if you paid for Commander" things. You have to go through the fleet menu, put in the coordinates your self, and swith the dropdown menu next to the coordinates to "DF."

Gaelbert
2007-07-07, 01:40 PM
What exactly are the rules for the amount of times you can attack a person in one day? It all seems confusing to me. Is it that you can attack one person only six times?

Steve_the_ERB
2007-07-07, 02:35 PM
I think that's one of the "Look what you COULD do easily if you paid for Commander" things. You have to go through the fleet menu, put in the coordinates your self, and swith the dropdown menu next to the coordinates to "DF."

So you have to pay to harvest debris. Guess I'll scrap all my recyclers, since I'm not paying. Of course, I don't think there is a way to scrap ships (maybe something else they could add for you to pay for the honor of doing) so I guess they sit until I get them blown up.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-07, 02:46 PM
hey lonely ill take your account

i dont have one

umm do you think
it would be better to start from the beggining orto take yours

Jo_Jampa
2007-07-07, 05:27 PM
So you have to pay to harvest debris. Guess I'll scrap all my recyclers, since I'm not paying. Of course, I don't think there is a way to scrap ships (maybe something else they could add for you to pay for the honor of doing) so I guess they sit until I get them blown up.

I didn't have to pay. You put in the target coordinates and then have to pick DF as the target for the recycler using the drop down menu. That is all I did and it worked. I recovered almost everything that was destroyed by the attack on me.

Krade
2007-07-07, 11:34 PM
I underlined the important part here. I said "easily," as in, there is a "hard" way to do it that you have to do if you don't have Commander.

I bolded the instructions on how to do it the "hard" way.

What exactly are the rules for the amount of times you can attack a person in one day? It all seems confusing to me. Is it that you can attack one person only six times?
In a normal universe, yes, 6 times is the maximum number of times you can attack any specific target. In Uni30 (the one we are in), which is in x2 speed, you can attack 12 times.

Gaelbert
2007-07-09, 01:04 AM
Also, what is this Vacation mode I keep seeing?

Steve_the_ERB
2007-07-09, 08:38 AM
See I told you I was being dense, thanks all.

Vacation mode is what you can set when you're going to be away from the computer for a while. I used it once. While you're gone you can't be attacked but likewise can't build anything (in fact I don't think you can turn it on while you still have ships, buldings, or research being contructed). Likewise you don't gather resources while its one (and have to turn them all back on when you get back).

Oh and coolgaelbert, my homeworld is in 6:112 and I have a bunch of colonies in 8:11.

Maldraugedhen
2007-07-09, 09:09 AM
Hmm. The level of frustration involved with this game makes it not my cup of tea. Guess I'm out. Feel free to raid my idle--and likely now defenseless--planets for resourcing.

Krade
2007-07-10, 04:42 PM
Trust me, if I had any kind of mentionable fleet, I would hope right on that offer. Right now ALL of my ships are either cargos, probes, or recyclers. I did probe eight planets that belong to you. Don't know if there's a ninth.

Recently, I've just been building defence and mines. Everything is coming along quite swimingly.

And check out the improved avy! Very nice! :smallbiggrin:

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-10, 05:45 PM
That avi is actually quite kick arse Krade!

Lenlalron
2007-07-10, 06:02 PM
When does the new universe start?

The_Lonely_d12
2007-07-10, 06:03 PM
Yes, it is quite awesome. Is that that bard that you made that one time?

Krade
2007-07-10, 06:12 PM
When does the new universe start?
I have no idea. I suppose I could try and find out when UNI33 is going to start, but I really have no interest in it at all. I tried doing 2 accounts in different universes already, not realy that much more fun and not worth the time.

Yes, it is quite awesome. Is that that bard that you made that one time?
If you're talking about the one I made last summer and was really happy with and bragging about (sort of), then you sir, are correct!

Edit: I've also got over 1.5mil deuterium that could use a good home. Anyone interested in trading? (not like anyone but Fate is going to be anyway, but hey, thought I'd ask anyway)

Lenlalron
2007-07-10, 06:17 PM
Well, if it's gonna stay for awhile, I'll play, but if not, I'll wait until a fresh start. ;p

Is this game like Utopia?

Krade
2007-07-10, 06:23 PM
Well, if it's gonna stay for awhile, I'll play, but if not, I'll wait until a fresh start. ;p

Old universes don't go away. They all have indefinite lifespans so whether or not it's gonna stay a while isn't really an issue.

If you just want to play the game and not be in the alliance at all, then yes, waiting for a new uni to open would probably be best. However, and I think I speak for at least some of us when I say the Alliance will NOT be migrating to any different unis anytime soon. So if you wanna join in the alliance, just sign up to UNI30.

Is this game like Utopia?
And I have no idea what Utopia is.

2007-07-10, 06:26 PM
I'll play.

Total noob, but, you know, whatever.

Name in Game is "Willam"

Krade
2007-07-10, 06:35 PM
I'll play.

Total noob, but, you know, whatever.

Name in Game is "Willam"

Ok, just use the "Search" button on the left side to search for Alliance Tag and type in GitP. Then pull up our alliance page from there and there should be a button somewhere that says "Apply" or something.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-10, 06:36 PM
Don't forget when you join our alliance you get a silly rank name too.

You need to pick it though, we don't make them all up ourselves.

Lenlalron
2007-07-10, 06:39 PM
I'm Lenlalron. Lolz.

Lenlalron
2007-07-11, 08:28 AM
Where do you set the rank?

PS: Utopia is at games.swirve.com. A little bit more intensive than this, but it's a TON of fun if you get a good kingdom, and you like this sort of stuff.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-11, 08:34 AM
Krade or I can change your rank name, just tell us what you'd like.

Lenlalron
2007-07-11, 08:51 AM
Can I be "The Silver Tiger, Leader of Team Hunter"?

Or "The Silver Tiger" works. ;)

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-11, 08:52 AM
The Silver Tiger will fit, the rest likely wont fit.

Changing it now.

Samiam303
2007-07-11, 12:21 PM
Haha, I forgot I still haven't set mine... I don't know. How about "Paranoid Midget"?

This is rather funny... The section of the universe I'm in is almost all inactives/people in vacation mode, so I've just been using these three inactive planets as resource farms.. I'm not even a strong player by any means but I send out a raiding party of one heavy fighter and four large cargo ships, and they come back loaded up!

That's actually most of my resource income at this point, just from these poor inactives. :biggrin:

Oh, and a quick question. Is there any way to check the number of fields on an empty planet before colonizing it?

Krade
2007-07-11, 04:32 PM
No, you can't see how many there are because it's completely randomimzed at the moment your ship gets there. I had a colony with 80-some fields, ditched it, and colonized the same slot for 158 fields.

Samiam303
2007-07-11, 04:34 PM
Ooh, interesting.. so really if you wanted you could just keep sending colony ships to a planet until you found a big one? That might end up being useful!

Krade
2007-07-11, 04:38 PM
Yeah but you have to wait a day or two before you can send another one. I'm not sure on the exact amount of time before a destroyed planet becomes colonizable again.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-13, 09:24 PM
i decided to start my own account
but i cant find you guys on the alliance page?

Krade
2007-07-13, 11:32 PM
Just to make sure: You DID join up on universe 30 right?

Ok, just use the "Search" button on the left side to search for Alliance Tag and type in 'GitP'. Then pull up our alliance page from there and there should be a button somewhere that says "Apply" or something.

Gaelbert
2007-07-14, 12:41 AM
I'm going to be gone for two weeks. All my resources will be around 200,000 if I don't use vacation mode. I have 29 rocket launchers, 6 light lasers, a small shield dome, a large shield dome, and 5 anti ballistic missiles. Should I use vacation mode or not? I'm leaning towards using it.

Krade
2007-07-14, 01:14 AM
I would suggest using it. Those defenses wouldn't be hard to break for someone who wants in bad enough. And if you're going to be gone for so long, I would bet that by the time you got back you had no defences left at all, and no resources to replace them. I would go for the safe way and go into vacation mode.

Gaelbert
2007-07-15, 12:42 AM
Aghh! I can't turn vacation mode on because it says something is being built, but I checked and couldn't find anything. I'm leaving in eight hours. Help!

Samiam303
2007-07-15, 07:01 AM
Turn off all your mines, and make sure you don't have any fleets in the air.

Gaelbert
2007-07-15, 08:53 AM
Thank you. I already spent half my resources last night on defences if I couldn't find something out, but now I'm safe. Thanks again.

Krade
2007-07-18, 02:03 AM
*charges defibrilator*

CLEAR!

*BZZZZAAPP!!*

IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE!!!

*ahem*

I now pronounce this thread revived!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting less and less interested in continuing playing. I want to keep playing, but it's gotten to the point for me that I have to be on almost constantly just to keep my resources spent. I'm going to keep playing, but I will very likely not have regular internet access after I move in 3 weeks, and I might not get it back by the time my account is deleted for inacivity or before I completely lose interest. I sort of feel bad that I started the alliance... wow, 4 months ago, and now I might be dropping out soon.

Inyssius Tor
2007-07-18, 02:41 AM
On that note: hey, I'll give it a try. Invite me in, if the Alliance may yet stand.

Jo_Jampa
2007-07-18, 07:07 AM
I think I understand. Without some goal, just stockpiling stuff seems a little pointless. My next goal is building the initial nanite factory since I finally can. Otherwise, I am going for turtle mode right now.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-18, 07:59 AM
Getting nanites, or our first destroyer, or finally a death star, are what make the game fun. Without those goals, I can certainly understand the game getting boring fast. I keep myself interested with bickering between me and a few other 400 rankers. We raid back and forth, making the game entertaining for me.

When I lost my 5500 solar sats, on my way to getting graviton tech, the game changed for me. I do not push as hard to get/stay ahead, but I play at a relaxed, enjoyable pace. Since I am on all day anyway, I don't mind checking OGame once every hour or so, to make sure things are still smooth.

Krade
2007-07-18, 01:15 PM
You know what? I think I'm gonna start working on making sure there are 1,667 L. Fighters on all of my planets at all times like I mentioned a few pages back. Maybe that way I'll finally get a moon or two.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with excess crystal. It's building up fast enough that I have nothing to do with it, but at the same time not fast enough that I need to trade it away. It's kinda frustating.

Krade
2007-07-24, 02:48 PM
Ok, here I am trying to revive the thread again...

I brought this up a while ago, I guess now would probably be a good time to do so again.

I'm moving. After that move, I will not have regular internet access for an undetermined amount of time. It is very possible that I won't regain internet access until after my account is deleted from inactivity (about 35 days). So what I'm going to do is, before I leave, transfer my founder status to Fate (unless there are any objections) since she is on more often than anyone else and I think is the least likely to quit playing anytime soon.

I'll try to get internet up at my new place ASAP, but it isn't exactly at the top of the list of things to do.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-24, 02:53 PM
I hope the move goes well. You seem to have known well in advance, so I hope everything is in place. And I hope the internet does come back to you fast.

I will be happy to sit in while you are away. I am not really going anywhere, and other than the possible vacation this summer there won't be much to take me away from the computer.

ForzaFiori
2007-07-24, 03:40 PM
The alliance still recruiting?
i dont have that many points (like 7.5K), but i'm thinking about leaving my old alliance and really dont wanna go it alone.

Krade
2007-07-24, 05:21 PM
We're always recruiting. I'm actually in the process of trying to get a mod to change the thread title to reflect this.

Krade
2007-07-27, 11:47 PM
*Raise Thread*

In case you missed the circular message...

I GOT A MOON!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Samiam303
2007-07-30, 06:35 PM
Haha, I just found something awesome. I'm going out of town tomorrow for 9-10 days, and I was debating whether to go into vacation mode or not.. I have almost no resources stockpiled right now, and few enough defenses that I don't care if they get beat up on, but I was considering vacation mode 'cause I'd built up a moderately sized fleet that I would be irritated if I lost.

However, I found a way to protect my fleet for almost the entire time I'm going to be gone.

My fleet is currently at 4:418:10, and I found that if I send all my ships along with an espionage probe on an espionage mission to 9:499:15, the round trip time comes out to just over eight days. A lot of our alliance is in galaxies one or two, so for those of you who are further down than me, this could be used for even longer periods of time.

I didn't see this suggested anywhere on the ogame boards as a way to fleetsave, so I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else might find it useful.

Krade
2007-07-31, 01:45 AM
Not too bad of an idea... if you don't have a lot of defense to worry about. When you get up to 100k realms of points though, it loses its appeal.

It is funny to think about the guy you'll be probing. He'll have a big red message telling him its coming for days. Funny stuff.

Winterwind
2007-07-31, 06:09 AM
While I don't play the game myself, I have a friend who plays it excessively, and has been telling me so much about it that by now I understand fairly well how it works, and this seems like an awfully dangerous way of saving the fleet to me. If this guy has any friend with a strong fleet he will have you intercepted. Even if he has no allies right now, somebody might ally with him just for the sake of being able to get that fleet.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-31, 08:22 AM
I didn't think of the big red message! That is so funny! Sitting there for four days with a giant red message of a huge fleet about to probe him! I should do that with my destroyer fleets, out to some lowbie who just topped 5000 points! HA< that would be funny.

How would the fleet be intercepted? I don't get it.

Krade
2007-07-31, 11:23 AM
He's talking about someone ACS defending the guy just for the sake of destroying your fleet and mopping up the debris.

That brings up another interesting question:

What happens when they detect your probes, but you win the battle? Do you still take their resources?

Edit: Hmmm... if you're not sending resources you could just make it a transport mission. That way, it can't be intercepted.

Gaelbert
2007-07-31, 07:06 PM
I just lost my entire fleet to someone who supposedly didn't have any defence and was inactive... luckily it wasn't much of a fleet.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-31, 07:47 PM
Wow. How did that happen? The fleet may have been coming back from a fleetsave when you probed him, but no defense? Maybe he was ACS defended too.

Winterwind
2007-07-31, 08:25 PM
Well...

He might have gotten a fleet there himself - advanced players usually have fleets composed of fast ships like cruisers specifically to intercept enemy fleets. Then, if he got a moon, he could have moved in his fleet via stargate almost instantaneously. And lastly, there could have been some other player who came to his rescue.
You should always check the planet a few minutes, or better, seconds, before your fleet arrives. And keep in mind that it is possible to time the arrival of a fleet so perfectly that it arrives merely three seconds before yours.

Gaelbert
2007-08-01, 03:37 PM
Contact with the attacking fleet has been lost.
(That means it was shot down in during first round.)

That was the message. I tried to send an espionage a few seconds before, but I screwed up and it didn't send off in time. He is stil inactive and still supposedly has no defences.

Krade
2007-08-01, 10:12 PM
It had to have been someone with a moon using the sensor phalanx to find out where you sent your ships and got thiers ACS defending the planet you were going to before you did. They probably also mopped up the DF relatively quickly.

Gaelbert
2007-08-02, 12:18 AM
Weird. He didn't have a moon and wasn't in an alliance with a moon and is still inactive. Whatever. I can rebuild my puny fleet.

Zweanslord
2007-08-04, 02:50 AM
Okay, while playing Ogame today, I noticed a message of Krade, inquiring as to how I was doing and how he caught up with me. So, I was typing up a reply.. and got to the max characters.. so, instead, I decided to just drop a post here.

As for the reason why Karde caught up.. simple. About the same reason why I haven't let anything be heard from me too. Ogame has been downgraded to a 'daily 5 minute game'. I log in, I go past each planet, and give one order to each. For quite a while, this one order was simple. Build defenses. So on most planets I got either 2000 or 3000 light lasers, a few hundred heavy lasers/ion cannons, and a few dozen gauss. Those things don't go up in number so much if all you are doing is dropping resources in it.. and not increasing resource output. Oh, and one planet is pretty much defenseless, because it's a very small planet which doesn't produce much (63 fields), so I'm sending resources away from it each day, too lazy to drop it and get a new planet build up.
This was so I wouldn't get attacked as much. Ofcourse, having said that and this, it will mean I will get attacked soon enough. Especially since recently I have been gathering a bit more resources, so I can very slowly build up mines and do some random research.

Anyway, as you can see, if you only spend 5 minutes a day on the game, and spend a lot of time on only defenses, your resource output doesn't grow, and your points don't grow faster either. Heh. Though.. considering that Krade probably invested more effort in his game then a daily five minutes for the last few weeks as I did, and I still have more points.. :smallbiggrin:

Oh and congrats with your moon, Krade. I did miss the circular message, though your big and fast message is quite noteworthy if you take a quick scroll to the messages while typing up your post. :smalltongue:

Castaras
2007-08-04, 05:09 AM
Hmm...this sounds like fun...

*Signs up to try it out*

Username is Castaras.

And the tutorial is confusing me...:smallconfused:

EDIT: Hmm, seem to have worked out some of it now...

Samiam303
2007-08-04, 08:47 PM
I just lost my entire fleet to someone who supposedly didn't have any defence and was inactive... luckily it wasn't much of a fleet.

Are you sure that the "defense" section showed up and was empty? Depending on his espionage level, it's possible you just didn't see the defenses at all. I've made that mistake before.

Gaelbert
2007-08-04, 09:22 PM
Are you sure that the "defense" section showed up and was empty? Depending on his espionage level, it's possible you just didn't see the defenses at all. I've made that mistake before.

That's may be it, but I deleted the espionage report. I'll try again and see.
Edit: Yup, that's it. Good catch.

Krade
2007-08-04, 09:46 PM
Hmm...this sounds like fun...

*Signs up to try it out*

Username is Castaras.

And the tutorial is confusing me...:smallconfused:

EDIT: Hmm, seem to have worked out some of it now...
Welcome and stuff!

Forget the tutorial and ask us anything you want to know. It hasn't been translated very well.

Also, you've got to apply to the alliance. Go to the search button on the left side of the screen once you sign in, search for "alliance tag", type in "gitp", then bring up our alliance page and there should be a button somewhere on there to apply.

Krade
2007-08-08, 12:23 AM
Bye-Bye everyone, I'll miss you 'n stuff. I'll do my best to return as soon as possible.

Gaelbert
2007-08-08, 04:10 PM
Not quite sure what this means, but its been happening a lot recently so I decided to find out.
"A foreign fleet from planet Phobos (Moon) [1:169:4] was sighted near your planet Colony [1:166:14]. Chance of counter-espionage: 0 %."

I've got three of those from Phobos and one from another planet in the last 24 hours. This has never happened before.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-08, 04:49 PM
That just means that another player is spying on you. Most of the time it is nothing to worry about as players are just curious. It does let you know however that someone might be interested in attacking, so be aware of who it is.

Gaelbert
2007-08-08, 05:25 PM
The person is ranked 85, and his alliance is ranked 5. Since I'm only 5,069 shouldn't I have some sort of newbie protection?
Edit: Now been espionaged 3 more times. Should I be worried now?
Double Edit: Now I've been espionaged 5 more times by #7 ranked from #11 ranked group. All for a total of 13 espionages from two people in 36 hours, after having none my entire previous time. Wtf?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 07:22 AM
You very recently reached over 5000 points. That is the limit of the first level of newbie protection. There are a ton of players now that can probe you, so they are, just to see what you have. I would not expect them all to attack, but be careful for a while ans make sure to fleetsave and spend all the resources you can.

Castaras
2007-08-09, 07:25 AM
Just realised that I could try get a cool silly rank name...

Could I be the Pie-Throwing Maniac?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 08:04 AM
Done! Well, it won't take 'special characters' like the - but otherwise done!

Castaras
2007-08-09, 01:08 PM
Yay! Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

*goes back to waiting for her resources to go up*

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 01:14 PM
If you think waiting for resources here is bad, think about this: This is a 2x speed universe. Most other games crawl at half this speed!

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-09, 01:37 PM
I M joining! I R t3h Carrion_humanoid!

N00bantics aside, how do i join this alliance?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 01:41 PM
GAH. That scared me for a second, as we just had a really weird application with all that noob chat there.

On the left sidebar click on alliance. From there search for GitP. Finding us you can apply, and we will add you to the ranks. What silly rank name would you like?

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-09, 01:43 PM
The Commander of Dead

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 01:47 PM
Done and done. Welcome on!

Any questions never hesitate to ask here or in game.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-09, 01:49 PM
So how do you know when you get materials?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 01:53 PM
At the top of the screen you should have metal, crystal, and deut listed. As you build mines from the building menu you increase production. It goes up steady all the time, even when logged out. You also need solar plants to run the mines. My advice is to make more metal at first, since everything needs more metal. I typically keep my metal mines two higher than my crystal and those two higher than deut. Right now you don't need any deut.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-09, 01:53 PM
Oops. . . everythings level one exept energy, which is 2.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 01:55 PM
That is not always bad though. Just for now you don't need too much more deut. That comes in after you get the other mines up some.

Gaelbert
2007-08-09, 09:09 PM
Wow, my colonies got attacked 6 times today. Its my fault for not putting defenses up and leaving them such ripe targets, but still. People who are beginning, make sure you put up defenses before you reach 5,000 points.

Winterwind
2007-08-09, 09:52 PM
You don't really need that much defenses - you just have to make sure that, whatever you have on the planet is not worth the trip. Defenses can be easily shot down by Interplanetar Missiles, and there is a pretty evil strategy of placing a lot of planets close to each other so that it is possible to fire a lot of missiles against one target - there is no defense which can't be broken this way. Ultimately, it's better to just remember people only attack you because they can earn something by doing so, hence you can prevent getting attacked by just not leaving anything to earn for them on your planets.
Unless somebody wants to set you up as a farm for later, in which case you have a problem...

Gaelbert
2007-08-09, 10:00 PM
I was saving up for some research, they got me right before I was about to research it.

Winterwind
2007-08-09, 10:12 PM
Ah, I see. Nevermind then. :smallwink:

Gaelbert
2007-08-09, 10:40 PM
If you're saving up for something, would transporting large amounts of materials out to the far reaches so you don't have much on hand, then recalling the cargo when you need it work well?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-09, 11:00 PM
That is actually a good plan, because recalled fleets can't even be seen by moons.

Winterwind
2007-08-10, 07:57 AM
However, if a good player sees when you withdraw your fleets, (s)he would be able to calculate when they return to your planet, and strike just seconds after your fleet returns.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-10, 08:34 AM
Yeah, but the amount of wasted deut to constant scan the planet until the fleet is no longer visible? I think a good player would spend resources elsewhere.

Winterwind
2007-08-10, 08:36 AM
I meant the owner of the planet the fleet was being sent to.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-10, 08:42 AM
Ohhh... I have planets in galaxies 2, 6, and 9, so I would just send it to myself.

Castaras
2007-08-10, 09:42 AM
Yay, got my first colony!

Now to carry on building up defences and such...

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-10, 09:49 AM
How big is your colony? How close to your home world? Congrats on it too.

When you get more established we have a few concentrated areas of GitP colonies in galaxy 9 if you want to fly a few ships out there too.

Castaras
2007-08-10, 09:55 AM
Fields is size, right?

That'd be 34 fields, and same little place as my home planet.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-10, 10:01 AM
Ouch. 34 is unfortunately rather small. Still, build it up for now, but it will fill up fast. Then you can use it to mine and ship all the metal and crystal to your home. At least is it close to your homeworld for that. I had two that came out low like that, and they certainly helped building up my home planet.

For long term keeping, the normal suggested size is 150 fields. Some people would tell you to abandon anything not 150 right away. I am of the mind that you made the colony ship you might as well make something for your troubles. Until you run out of room for new colonies (you can have only 8 plus your home) you might as well keep it for the resources you can mine from it.

Castaras
2007-08-10, 10:07 AM
Yeah...was kinda sad when it came out as 34 when homeplanet was something like 160...

Ah well. Thanks for the advice. :smallsmile:

Jo_Jampa
2007-08-11, 08:58 AM
well, going past the noob protection lvl of 5000 pts has been a real learning experience ... multiple multiple attacks have now devastated by defenses .... oh well ... so much for trying to build defensively, haven't 'won' a battle that way yet. And, 400+ light lasers just don't seem to be a deterrent to anything. Guess I need to build transports or something while trying to save enough for a nanite factory since once I get rather large amounts saved, I get lots of attackers who steal it all ;)

Samiam303
2007-08-11, 06:22 PM
Well this is really unusual... Someone's sending a fleet of 36 ships (Large Cargoes, Heavy Fighters, Cruisers and Battleships) to attack my planet, but the only thing on the planet is 15,623 Metal, 5,045 Crystal and 34,204 Deuterium. The only thing I can figure is he wants to harvest the debris from my 180 Solar Sats, but is that really worth crashing into 400 Rocket Launchers, 100 Light Lasers, and a small shield dome?

:confused:

EDIT: ROFL! The guy took out 14 Rocket Launchers and 19 Solar Sats, and lost 14 Large Cargoes, 1 Heavy Fighter, 13 Cruisers, and 8 Battleships. I have no idea why he sent so many cargoes... perhaps he thought they'd bring back the debris if he destroyed my sats? Anyway, there's now 213,000 Metal and 101,400 Crystal above my planet from his fleet. o.O

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-11, 08:15 PM
anyone wanna trade? Ill trade 2000 duet for 3000 of crystal or metal.

Gaelbert
2007-08-12, 12:50 AM
If you see that someone is about to attack you, what should you do? I got attacked today, and it was the first time I was online to see it. I sent my transports off with most of my resources to another planet. Is there anything more effective?

Samiam303
2007-08-12, 01:13 AM
Alas, not really. The main thing to do is to get you fleets/resources off the planet so they don't get anything from the attack.

Gaelbert
2007-08-12, 01:25 AM
That was pretty much what I did. After the attack the person sent me a message congratulating me on transporting my resources out of there. He said he almost called off the attack. But he didn't. How odd.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-12, 09:32 AM
I send off all my resources, then spend whatever is left in defenses. They won't be built in time to help, but if the choice is I get to use them or he steals half, I blow it all. Certainly make sure the fleet is safe first though. Sounds like you did good.

Gaelbert
2007-08-12, 02:23 PM
I spent as much metal and crystal as I could on lasers, but there wasn't much I could do with my deut. I think he got 30k of the deut.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-12, 02:25 PM
That is where having gauss cannons available to build is good, since you can build them to get rid of some of the deut. Or plasma cannons later on too. Also keep that in mind as you load up the cargoes, that you can't spend the deut as much, and it is the more valuable of the resources.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-12, 09:25 PM
How do u send it to another planet? Oh and also how to you trade things if the one your trying to trade with dosen't have a cargo ship?

Samiam303
2007-08-12, 10:49 PM
To send resources to someone, you need to have some sort of ship to carry the cargo in... There's no other trade system.

And to send things to another planet, you simply select the ships, put in the coordinates of the planet you want to send them to, and on the next screen select "transport". Load it up with cargo, and you're set!

Gaelbert
2007-08-14, 02:11 AM
I sent out 3 or 4 fleets to raid inactive players, then I logged off. When I logged back on, I found that my raids had gone well, but someone came in right after all those fleets had just come back and raided me. They made off with a good amount of my resources and destroyed all my ships. I'm building back, but slowly.

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 06:56 PM
ok i will try it out but what universe should i be in?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-14, 07:00 PM
We are in universe 30.

Once you get set up, search the alliances for GitP, and we can add you in!

Khaldan
2007-08-14, 07:13 PM
You people made me rejoin Ogame. You people suck. :smallwink:

application sent, username is khaldan.

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 07:19 PM
ok im in name is rage angry

crispydave was taken i probly played befor i tryed alot of online games out

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-14, 08:23 PM
-NOTICE TO ALL GUILD MEMBERS!!!-

I, Carrion_Humanoid and my ally, Mato2o8 are about to wage war with pequafox14, tonight, if anyone want to send me supplies or help out, it will be welcomed!

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 08:27 PM
im having trouble doing stuff can somone hel me out

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-14, 08:30 PM
-NOTICE TO ALL GUILD MEMBERS!!!-

I, Carrion_Humanoid and my ally, Mato2o8 are about to wage war with pequafox14, tonight, if anyone want to send me supplies or help out, it will be welcomed!

It is too bad I can't send along a few hundred battleships and destroyers. That would make for a fast battle.

Welcome to the two newcomers. Any questions just ask.

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 08:31 PM
(double post of doom)

thanks for the add to the alliance:smallwink:

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 08:34 PM
(douple post again this time mabey it will be a ouble post)

please how am i spossed to get built up a link to a idea of w long it will take anyhting will help

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-14, 08:46 PM
On the side of the screen is a forum and help link that should give you some ideas.

Overall you need to be patient. You need time to gain the resources to then build. Keep the mines up, with energy, to build more mines. Use the resources to get a shipyard and eventually research enough to get a colony ship. Build defenses and then send out for a few colonies. Repeat. If you have a specific question too I am more than happy to help.

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 08:50 PM
tyvm i hope i will like this game but just to warn you untill i get internet back at my house i waont bo on much probly only once a week for a wile

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-08-14, 09:27 PM
can anyone spare some crystal then? Because the Enemy decided to retaliate an im gunna need to have a Recycler:smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2007-08-14, 09:49 PM
can my name be anoying newb question asker?

Malic
2007-08-15, 12:59 AM
I just started but I'll join!

My name is:
MalicInDaPlayground

Malic
2007-08-15, 07:47 PM
This isn't a double post but I want to ask a question. I'm about 2 day's away from space flight and I was wondering if I should attack the Inactive player two planets over. He's alittle lower than me so I doubt he has rockets but should I?

Samiam303
2007-08-15, 07:49 PM
I'd get an espionage probe, 'cause with that you're able to spy on his planet and find out. Usually inactive players are safe to attack, but it stinks to have your fleet wiped out 'cause you didn't check first.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-15, 07:53 PM
True. Check out the planet first. Don't just send over a blind raid. It is too late in the game to do blind raids. Even inactives might have defenses.

Malic
2007-08-16, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'm almost set to get a few ships and a small cargo or two. Lol noob raid. Also I'm looking up the stuff I need for Espianage. :smallsmile:

Gaelbert
2007-08-16, 12:48 AM
I left my account alone for a day or so and when I got back, I had up to my limits of crystal and metal. I guess I can start rebuilding my fleet now.

Malic
2007-08-16, 08:01 AM
Can I be Cobra Not Camander for my silly rank name. Also Space trvel it here! Yay for my first ship. Now I'm broke Metalwise but that's ok because it's at level 7. Not long before I have to build a storage facility. :smallwink:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-16, 08:34 AM
"Cobra Not Camander" as written? Done.