PDA

View Full Version : GitP OGame Alliance - Always looking for new recruits

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Gaelbert
2007-08-16, 01:04 PM
One of my colonies just used its last field. Now I am going to transport all my materials to my home planet and recolonize something. I have a lot of stuff in one place, I hope I can disperse all the resources before I get espionaged or attacked.

Malic
2007-08-16, 06:43 PM
Good luck with that. My raiding is going really well. After 3 raids on one guy he still has alot of source's. I don't know how mainly because I have only one small cargo ship (building more) and I don't have the research to espianage (sp?) yet. He's been I since I first got on so I think I'm ok since he has no alliance.

Gaelbert
2007-08-16, 08:08 PM
Get a large cargo ship. Those things worrk wonders, for me at least.
Edit: Arghhh! I lost my fleet again! I went after a planed with 6k metal and 3k each of crystal and deut. I though my battleships could punch through, but I guess not. And then one of my colonies got raided. And then my main stockpiling planed got espionaged. Things aren't going too good for me.

Samiam303
2007-08-16, 11:11 PM
Hey guys... seriously, I'd chill out with the raiding for a little while. Get some espionage probes, get a bit of a fleet built up, THEN start raiding. Seriously, someone with 6k metal and 3k each of crystal and deut is hardly worth the fuel to get there.

The_Squid
2007-08-16, 11:35 PM
Well, i just started.
My username is UHW (United Hive Worlds) and I'm interested in joining our big happy alliance thingy.

The Squirrel
2007-08-16, 11:44 PM
yes, I know I shouldn't, but I already have
multiple hours spent learning the game and started - just so I can try and make Fate question if this is one of Pink's OOC threads :smalltongue:

plus, if I hang out here, I can see pink's icon again (the current one scares me for some reason)

oh, and is there a maximum character count for officer names?

Gaelbert
2007-08-16, 11:59 PM
Ummm, that was a massive typo. I meant 600k and crystal and deut at 300k. Much better target.

Samiam303
2007-08-17, 12:01 AM
Haha damn, that's much more significant. What's the guy's rank? That seems a rather large amount to be leaving unwatched in one place...

Gaelbert
2007-08-17, 01:03 AM
I don't remember but I only go after people 5,500 or higher for the most part.
Edit: He's ranked 6,327. I don't know if he still has all the stuff, but he's at 1:173:12 if someone else wants to take a crack at it. I know Null Space is around there. Send me a message in the game if you're interested in the full details.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-17, 08:28 AM
I am not sure on the character count for Rank names. Just let me know and I will see if it fits. Look at the alliance page, then click on member list to see everyone else and see how big they can be.

Malic
2007-08-17, 08:44 AM
Actually the guy I'm raiding it right by me only takes 5 deut to go there and back. Worth it for about 5k metal and 6k crystal per trip I would say. It sure is helping me upgrade and research. I'm hoping to have light laser's by the end of today. :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Crispy Dave
2007-08-17, 11:55 AM
i got good news in many areas

1:I now have spacetravel and defence

2:in 2 weeks i will be able to come on once a day

3:im not dead!

Malic
2007-08-17, 01:21 PM
1: Yay I just got it too.
2:I can already but in 2 weeks I might end up coming on every other day or so.
3:Neither am I! yay!

Stoneburr
2007-08-17, 02:53 PM
Hello, OGame looked pretty interesting, and I thought I'd give it a try.

My name is Stoneburr in-game, and I'm at 4:444:7.

I'd appreciate an invite! :smallsmile:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-17, 04:57 PM
To get into the alliance, you need to request to join. Click the alliance button, then search for GitP. From there you can apply, and we can let you in.

The_Squid
2007-08-18, 02:03 AM
I sent an applacation. Waiting to be accepted.

The Squirrel
2007-08-18, 02:16 AM
Officer name...
how about: Supplementary Quartermastering Utilization Investigator Regarding Random Event Logistics ?

Samiam303
2007-08-18, 08:48 AM
Heheh, somehow I don't think that'll all fit.

Crispy Dave
2007-08-18, 10:48 AM
what would you people recoment to save up for or stride tawd

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-18, 06:01 PM
For a beginner, work on getting your colonies first. They are the biggest help in building a good strong empire.

The Squirrel
2007-08-18, 06:05 PM
Heheh, somehow I don't think that'll all fit.

why do you think I asked about character limits? :smallsmile: If it doesn't I'll come up with something else. :smallwink:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-18, 06:09 PM
Well, I could just put in the initials... That was what you were after weren't you? :smallwink:

The Squirrel
2007-08-18, 06:19 PM
Well, I could just put in the initials... That was what you were after weren't you? :smallwink:

*looks to the left*
*looks to the right*
no...
*unsuccessfully hides guilty look*

OK, how about Senior Quartermaster Regarding Logistics

Samiam303
2007-08-18, 11:48 PM
For a beginner, work on getting your colonies first. They are the biggest help in building a good strong empire.
How many colonies should you build right away? I've only got 3 planets right now, and I'm considering spreading outward... Should I just take over as many as I can, or is it better to build each one up before colonizing more?

The_Squid
2007-08-18, 11:56 PM
Not to sound really noobish, but you colonize by making colony ships, right?

Gaelbert
2007-08-18, 11:57 PM
Correct.
I was just about to send a colony ship out to the GitP cluster, but then I got hit with a lot of raids. Darn.

Malic
2007-08-19, 12:40 AM
Anyone gonna give me the sector(s) of the GiTP cluster?

Samiam303
2007-08-19, 12:42 AM
Umm there really isn't a GiantITP cluster. You can check the member list of the alliance if you're in it, but we're spread all the way from galaxy 1 to galaxy 7 IIRC. Our largest block would probably be somewhere in galaxies 1 and 2, but even that's pretty spread out.

Gaelbert
2007-08-19, 12:48 AM
Well, the one solar system where we have a couple of players. I think its out in 8.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-19, 09:14 AM
The GitP cluster is in galaxy 9, systems 72-74, or thereabouts. I am in system 73.

I have three planets in galaxy 2, one of which is my home world. I have three planets in galaxy 6. This is like a drop off point between my home world and the GitP cluster at galaxy 9 where I have my last three planets.

For hoe many planets, I would suggest as many as you can as fast as you cane. The more colonies, the more resources you can produce, faster. Krade has all his colonies in galaxy 9, n the GitP cluster. As I said I am a little more spread out. Either way, I suggest keeping your planets in at least a small cluster as I do, since then they can easily help each other out with transporting resources and as a place to move fleets to when you are being attacked.

Cilam
2007-08-19, 12:51 PM
I was wonderng if i could join the GitP alliance in Ogame. My name on there is Cilam

Malic
2007-08-19, 12:57 PM
Hmmm thank you. I'm probly going to split it off with 6 planets in my sector or near it then one planet half way there and the last at the cluster. Yay Clusterfication. :smallamused:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-19, 05:58 PM
Cilam: In order to join, you'd need to apply. To find us, click on the alliance button, then search for GitP. Your name, however, is very close to Malic. If you are indeed the same person, or use the same computer with the same IP address, I will warn you that OGame will ban you both if you are in the same alliance, or if you send supplies back and forth to each other. This multi-user violation is permanent. Just a warning

Malic
2007-08-19, 10:50 PM
Acctually he's a close freind of mine in real life. I introduce him to hobbies he introduces me. Malic came first then he made up Cilam. It's just something we do.

The_Squid
2007-08-19, 11:38 PM
It says we can make up our own rank names, but I don't know how. Any help?

Samiam303
2007-08-19, 11:43 PM
Only the alliance leader (as far as I know) can set the names. Just request the name here and it'll be set for you.

The_Squid
2007-08-20, 12:45 AM
My name will be....
Squid Master: Fear My Tentacly Might!

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-20, 08:08 AM
Squid Master will fit. The rest not so much. :smallfrown: I will get that in ASAP. Since I seem to be having trouble loading the OGame page right now, it will have to wait.

Malic, not a problem, but be sure you do not log into each other's accounts on the other's computer. OGame is very serious about multi-user violations, and if you have accounts in the same alliance on the same IP address you will get a lifetime ban. :smalleek:

Malic
2007-08-20, 03:38 PM
Well it's a good thing we're two states away from each other seeing as I moved last year :smallamused:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-08-20, 10:18 PM
Hi. Another would-be applicant here...The Djinn is my OGame name, although I just started.

I also accidentally sent the alliance request without changing the text, since I don't really know what I'm doing yet. My bad. :smalleek:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-20, 11:00 PM
Well for just starting you are off to a great start. If you come up with a silly rank name let me know and I will input it. Also any questions feel free to ask here.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-08-20, 11:06 PM
Honestly, any advice on what to do to advance would be appreciated...if I'm off to a good start, it's all luck and intuition, and I'm not sure I can continue it. :smallbiggrin:

As for a title...Hibachi Ninja is always a favorite, and means nothing in regards to anything, so I think it qualifies as a silly title.

Malic
2007-08-20, 11:28 PM
I just upgraded my production stuff alot then got a ship yard and started getting ships and such. Make sure to research laser technology so you can build light lazers.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-20, 11:55 PM
My best advice is to build up your mines strong. I keep metal two levels higher than crystal, and then deut much lower. Once you do get some deut going, build two levels or robotics and then a shipyard. With the shipyard you can build a few defenses. Start researching your way to space travel, and work on getting colony ships. The biggest and best way to gain points is with quick colonization. With multiple planets to help each other with resources you can build much faster. Try to get your first colony or two in the same solar system as your home world.

Also a note of warning: Every time you look at a new solar system in the Galaxy view, it costs you ten deut. At the beginning levels this can be a lot.

The Squirrel
2007-08-21, 04:30 AM
FATE!
Here I am busting my rear end to climb the ranks and how do I get rewarded? Generic Not Newcomer!?!

*runs from the room in tears*

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-21, 09:00 AM
Hey, tell me a rank name that will fit, and you can have it.

In other news, I got a moon. On a 1% chance! Not the few other larger chances, but on a 1% chance of a moon. At the cost of 20 large cargoes! Yeah, kinda crazy. I bet the attacker is kicking himself now.

Malic
2007-08-21, 09:05 AM
You know this one guy's starting to espionage me I think I'm gonna go attack him...

The Squirrel
2007-08-21, 09:52 AM
Senior Quartermaster Regarding Logistics doesn't fit? How much do I need to trim off?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-21, 10:00 AM
Everything up to Regarding. The space after that does not fit.

The Squirrel
2007-08-21, 10:06 AM
Hate. World. Revenge. Soon. :smallmad:

Gimmie a minute. :smallwink:

Samiam303
2007-08-21, 10:07 AM
It would appear as though "Senior Logistics Quartermaster" would fit...

EDIT: Ooh... I KNEW there had to be some logic behind the title that I was missing. :eek:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-21, 10:09 AM
He wants something that abbreviates to SQRL or something like squirrel.

The Squirrel
2007-08-21, 10:26 AM
Sergant Quaffing Random Liquids? It'll be close.

Samiam303
2007-08-21, 10:28 AM
Sergant Quaffing Random Liquids? It'll be close.
That looks to be one letter over, not to mention that Sergeant is missing a letter.

The Squirrel
2007-08-21, 10:34 AM
*grin*
the mispelling is intentional - otherwise it doesn't fit :smallsmile:

over one letter? Let's just make liquid singular. That should work, right?

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-21, 11:00 AM
Done and done!

Crispy Dave
2007-08-22, 07:10 PM
CAN my name be :deep fried newb

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-23, 08:16 AM
Wow. Well everyone, a lesson in fleetsaving all the time, even if you think you will be online. I was ACS attacked by five people, for a grand total of an amazing battle. Truly my fleet held its own rather well, and it was almost a draw after five rounds, but nope. I wonder how low my points will drop...

At least I did get a massive moon.

Gaelbert
2007-08-23, 10:25 AM
That's why I don't use fleets anymore.:smalltongue: Actually, though, I'm building up my technology and defenses and buildings before I start to rebuild my fleet.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-23, 10:27 AM
At my point in the game, there is little else to do. My 200 destroyers and 1000 battleships could raid nearly any single person in my nearby systems. It took five fleets to take me out. Plus they sent about 300 missiles at me total, to get my defenses down. It was a major affair. Considering they spent, and lost, so much I wonder if it was really worth it after the five way split to get the debris field? They didn't get much from the raid itself.

Malic
2007-08-23, 02:40 PM
I say make a deathstar and see if you can take on an entire allience by yourself. Thats will make for some fun time's.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-24, 08:08 AM
Heh, well these five players are the reason I didn't get the last level of tech to et the deathstar. You need to build a few thousand solar sats to et the energy for gravaton tech, and they crashed me when I was about 500 away.

Plus, they are an entire alliance, and I am taking them on. Or, I was. I have too little fleet left now. :smallfrown:

HOLY @#$@ I just realized I have a moon at home, and in galaxy 9! This means I can make a jump gate to connect galaxy 2 to galaxy 9! WOW! :smallbiggrin: One good thing from the fleetcrash I guess.

Malic
2007-08-24, 10:14 AM
Wow that means some serious active trading now. Good luck building the sat's to power gravaton. HOpe your able to make a death star soon. Make sure you attack the moon ok each planet that has one so reinforcment's can't come fast.

EDIT: w00t! I'm building my first colony ship!

The Squirrel
2007-08-25, 04:09 AM
OK, five things (three things sir!) right, three things:

1) Fate, out of curiosity what alliance are you taking on?

2) IF anyone's having trouble finding a bunch of open planets for colonies, there's still some prime spots out near me in galaxy 7; I'm in the upper 260s. Choices for raiding's pretty light out there, but if you're just looking for a quiet spot where you can clump several colonies together near a friend, this might be for you. I could even clue you in on some farms I've been working.

5) (three sir!) oh yes, 3) Just an update on myself, I finally broke the 5k point mark. I'm getting around to blowing up stupid 47 field planets, which like all of them were. After going through a few dozen colony ships, I'm finally getting some in the high 100s, one even at 286! :smallsmile:
In other news I raided someone who messaged me, called me a noob and said to stop attacking her (this after one attack, which even failed :smallconfused: ). I asked if that was a request or a threat, there's no response, and two days later my fleets getting asploded by some guy with 300k points! :smalleek: I messaged him (he seems nice enough) said it was just because the original person requested it. And she even has almost double my points! Can't even do her own dirty work. :smallannoyed: Soon as I get a fleet up, she's gonna pay. :smallamused:
I'm going to try my darndest to keep it between me and her, but if she insists on bringing high power allies into it, I might need a little help.

Malic
2007-08-25, 08:07 AM
Lol wow hopefully she doesn't have too many freinds like that. Because if you succeed at a raid she'll be calling in favors fast.

Samiam303
2007-08-25, 09:25 AM
Well I've plopped down a bunch of colonies in the 9:72:x and 9:73:x areas... I'm abandoning and recolonizing one of them, but as of this morning I've got three nice new planets in your guy's neighbourhood. :smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2007-08-25, 09:26 AM
I am now building my first colony ship im probly gonna clup up in my sytemand then send in to the gitp clump later on

Samiam303
2007-08-25, 10:43 AM
For those planning to colonize planets, here's something I found interesting from the OGame board:

Heres the AVERAGE, I repeat AVERAGE SIZE of planets in each planet slots.

pos1: average: 64, 60% between 48 and 80 fields

pos2: average: 68, 60% between 53 and 83 fields

pos3: average: 73, 60% between 54 and 82 fields

pos4: average: 173, 60% between 108 and 238 fields

pos5: average: 167, 60% between 95 and 239 fields

pos6: average: 155, 60% between 82 and 228 fields

pos7: average: 144, 60% between 116 and 173 fields

pos8: average: 150, 60% between 123 and 177 fields

pos9: average: 159, 60% between 129 and 188 fields

pos10: average: 101, 60% between 79 and 122 fields

pos11: average: 98, 60% between 81 and 116 fields

pos12: average: 105, 60% between 85 and 129 fields

pos13: average: 110, 60% between 60 and 160 fields

pos14: average: 84, 60% between 42 and 126 fields

pos15: average: 101, 60% between 54 and 149 fields

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-26, 09:49 AM
That is good information to keep in mind too, when picking colonies. It is more than all chance.

As for the alliance that was fighting me... M.of.S ranked 12. I don't think they will be much more trouble though, unless they find our cluster in galaxy 9. I am moving most of my operations there now that I have the jump gate.

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-27, 12:47 AM
I just joined, but I'm in Galaxy 2. If the Alliance cluster is in 9, I may have a problem.

The Squirrel
2007-08-27, 01:27 AM
It shouldn't be a huge problem. You can still set up some of your colonies nears the alliance's cluster; or not. As long as you play smart and don't tick someone off, you shouldn't have too many troubles. And if you do, it's not a huge deal for someone bigger to jet over to your neighborhood and crack some skulls if need be.

Speaking of not ticking anyone off...
remember the person who insulted me and then called on a friend to hit me? Well, I've hit 7 of her planets tonight, I know where the 8th is (not worth attacking) and succeeded in all but one (where the goal was actually to destroy her fleet of transports, which I did). I also sent a message saying "Come fight me one on one; since I'm a noob and we have about the same points, it should be an easy fight for you. Or go cry to your friends, like a noob would do." We'll see if that keeps the fight between us. I'm crossing my fingers, but not counting on it.

EDIT: scratch that, I hit the 8th planet, just to drive the point home. Though the thought of an unknown ninth out there is irritating...

Malic
2007-08-28, 09:38 PM
I'm verging on my second colony. Yay. Also I've got sheilding up so I got a small dome and I'm gonna start researching new tech's when I get on tommorrow.

The Squirrel
2007-08-29, 05:40 AM
Hmmm... update...
The mini-war's over. I think I demonstrated that I could and would continue the raiding the original instigator despite getting hit daily by her allies who happen to be 30 times stronger than I (50 battleship raids hurt!). I finally got an apology, and since I was nice and chatty with the guy who was hitting me constantly, I think I have a new ally in my solar system. Yay! Go squirrel, go squirrel! So the lesson here is always be nice, try and keep lines of communication open, and always put forth a positive attitude. :smallsmile:

Came out shining... definetly fufilling the old tradition of superb diplomacy in a proud line of squirrels. Little known fact: Otto VonBismark was actually a squirrel. No kidding.

I'm verging on my second colony.
Congrats! If you can spare it, follow up with a loaded cargo ship. The extra resources will give you an incredible boost in your mines and if you keep the cargo ship at the colony, it can be used for local raiding. Good luck!

Krade
2007-08-29, 12:26 PM
Hello from the land of Indianapolis! The trip here kinda sucked, Gencon was eleventy different brands of awesome, and I haven't really done anything for the past week and a half. I still need a job and immediately afterwards, a computer (I'm at a library now). I should be back and contributing to the point total again soon.

And Fate: Could you do me a favor and see how many days I've been inactive so I can get an idea of how much time I have before my account gets deleted. I think I should still have a couple weeks, but I want to be sure. Just send me a PM or post here, I might not get for a couple days though, so don't expect an immediate reply. Thanks. Bye (again).

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-29, 12:40 PM
Inactive 21 days.

I saw some pictures of the GitP meet at GenCon. I wish I could have gone.

Gaelbert
2007-08-29, 12:49 PM
Squirrel: What system are you in? I was looking for some planets to raid, and in the system next to me I saw something like Cyclop Squirrel.
@V: It said GitP on it, but I was looking on the first page and haven't noticed some of the more recent people.

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-29, 01:00 PM
For one, you can see fellow alliance members in the alliance page, then click member list. This also shows homeworld co-ords. Also, they should have the GitP alliance tag on the galaxy view.

The Squirrel
2007-08-29, 03:40 PM
my ID ingame is cycloptic squirrel
my home system is 1:151 and I have a few planets in the vicinity
I have a big clump of colonies out in 7:266

oh, and an inactive I was raiding came back and sent me this message
"squirrel!!!!!!"
it made my day. I told him I'd stop raiding him and welcome back :smallsmile:

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-29, 05:39 PM
That is pretty cool. When someone is inactive without vacation ode they should expect to be raided. The fact that you will stop the farming now that he's back is cool.

The Squirrel
2007-08-30, 01:21 AM
well I was hitting the guy almost twice a day, and that's no fun if you're that person - anyone active I try to avoid raiding two days in a row... unless they insulted me or something - then no mercy :smallwink:

Gaelbert
2007-08-30, 01:24 AM
I have about 200k deut I want to trade off. I'm willing to offer fairly good deals on it. PM if you're interested and we can work out the details.

The Squirrel
2007-08-30, 01:27 AM
I have about 200,000 units of dueterium that I could trade for it! We could...
*blinks*
oh wait... nevermind... :smallredface:

Gaelbert
2007-08-30, 01:30 AM
I'd be willing to trade for 100k metal and 100k crystal.

The Squirrel
2007-08-30, 01:38 AM
careful, I think there's a minimum amount you can trade for it - not exactly sure how it works, I think the min ratio's like 1:2:2.
if there's no bites here go to the boards for universe 30 - I think you can post there and someone might jump on it

Call_me_Fate
2007-08-30, 12:43 PM
The old trade ratio was 3 metal: 2 crystal: 1 deut. More common lately has been 2.2:1.2:1 Either way I don't really need it, but the trade forums will find you someone, and also it is nice to meet another player.

PhallicWarrior
2007-09-02, 09:51 PM
I shall add my skill (hah!) and tactical (heh!) acumen (bahahaha!) STOP LAUGHING! Seriously, you lose at chess to a seven-year-old girl once and they hold it over you forever! AS I WAS SAYING, I'll join out little alliance and try to make things better. Look for me under the name PWarrior.

Edit: By the way, what is our alliance called?

The Squirrel
2007-09-02, 10:47 PM
Glad to have you aboard. Obviously, that 7-year old must have been one of those super geniuses. Look for us under GitP. I think you have to submit an application in game. Oh, and you get to pick out a rank for yourself. What system you in anyway?

PhallicWarrior
2007-09-02, 10:53 PM
I've only got one planet right now, 1:217:9. Hope that means something.

The Squirrel
2007-09-02, 10:57 PM
It means you're about 67 systems away from my home world, for whatever that's worth. Let me know if anyone gives you any trouble, though don't rule out diplomacy, it can work wonders.
Once you get a few small cargo ships, check out system 202, it has a few inactive players with many resources, good farming area.

Nibleswick
2007-09-03, 01:01 AM
Well, I've joined; it seems that I am in Galaxy 1, System 300, Planet 12. I am Nibleswick, of course.

The Squirrel
2007-09-03, 01:11 AM
OK, you're both in - come up with the rank you want and post it here. I can't change it myself, but once Fate comes on, she's pretty good about it. Unless of course you pick a name too long, then she just won't tell you that for a week until you come asking about it in tears. Then she will laugh at you and all your foibles.
*cries from the memories*

Neftren
2007-09-03, 10:01 AM
Ooh, I'd like to start! Once I figure out how tae play :D

Neftren
2007-09-03, 10:06 AM
Okay, I'm Neftren. My Homeworld is at 2:326:11

Bosh
2007-09-03, 10:09 AM
If any of you people are looking for another browser-based space strategy game to play in addition to Ogame, give Imperium Nova a shot:

http://www.imperiumnova.com/Imperium/

No, I don't get any in-game money if you join :)

The basic difference between Imperium Nova and other browser based space strategy games is that there's a bit less emphasis on military (although it still exists, it is possible to be very successful without it) and more emphasis on politics/espionage/religion/economics/RP.

The setting is fairly Dune-inspired and you start out as a noble house running a modest business (construction, merchantile, transporation, geological, technology, psionics or agriculture) on a planet that's ruled by the galactic Emperor. You compete with other houses and build up your economy (and do a bit of politics, military, dueling and espionage) when later on you can use that money to open up other spheres of operation to make more money or to help you build up your military, field more spies, found a religion, operate in electoral politics, loan shark, etc. You also have an dynasty to play around with and assign jobs too.

What I like about this game is that what each player does is pretty simple but it all fits together and influences each other. For example I'm going to run some candidates for the galactic senate which will also give me control over local government which I can use to influence what kind of business is done on my planet. My friend is planning on running merchantile and bribing players who have planetary governors to legalize narcotics and give him a monopoly on the narcotics business.

Nibleswick
2007-09-03, 10:16 PM
As for a silly rank, may I be The Grand Nibleswick, because, after all, every group needs one.

PhallicWarrior
2007-09-04, 01:11 PM
Oooooh, we get ranks now? I will be...

The Lord High Burninator!!!

Crispy Dave
2007-09-04, 04:52 PM
Ive just sent a colany ship to the clump 9-72-10 are its cords

Samiam303
2007-09-04, 07:25 PM
You'll be my neighbor then! I'm 9:72:7 and 9:72:9, and as soon as it becomes colonizable I'm going to take 9:72:8 again and hope it's larger than the last four tries.

The Squirrel
2007-09-04, 07:41 PM
Okay, I'm Neftren. My Homeworld is at 2:326:11

Neftren, I've been looking for your application and it's not there. Have you applied in game yet?

Oh, and for you out in the boonies (read: galaxy 9) I'll send a colony out there at some point - as soon as the 47 field guy next to my homeworld has outlived his usefulness. :smallwink:

Neftren
2007-09-05, 06:25 PM
How do I apply to join an alliance? Little mystefied by that part >.> But I'm in the game as Neftren and my home planet is named after the Covenant Holy City of High Charity.

The Squirrel
2007-09-05, 06:41 PM
Go to the menu options on the left and click alliance - do a search for GitP and put in an application. And pick out a rank for yourself and post it here. Let me know if you have troubles.

EDIT: nevermind - you got it :smallwink:

The Squirrel
2007-09-06, 02:35 AM
I broke 50k points! I think this calls for a promotion in rank. How about Dogs don't know he's not bacon!

Samiam303
2007-09-06, 07:47 AM
Wow, very nice Squirrel! What have you been working on that got you points so quickly? O.O

The Squirrel
2007-09-06, 08:07 AM
Well, I spend more time on the game than I should. I pretty much raid inactives mercilessly. I keep a list of the profitable ones and hit them whenever I sign on. I also keep my resources low so I'm not too much of a target and I pour my profits into upgrading mines - points that can't be taken away by a fleetcrasher - though they've still hit me a few times.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-06, 09:10 AM
The fastest way to get points in the game is to raid raid raid. In the begining it is what I did. Since my fleetcrash though I have not been so active in the raiding and farming. Ah well... Maybe Squirrel can get past me soon. :smallwink:

Also, with Krade busy with his move, is anyone interested in taking on the role of alliance helper? Basically there was me and Krade to do rank names and such, and one of us got it done in a timely manner. With just me I am not on enough to get it done as fast by myself. Anyone wish to nominate anyone else?

Samiam303
2007-09-06, 11:39 AM
Well, I haven't been with the alliance as long as some of the others, but I'm online way more than I should be 'cause I'm home schooled so I'd be willing to help out if it's needed.

On the subject of raiding, I was a pretty active raider when I first started but my fleet got wiped out and I haven't gotten around to rebuilding anything significant. I really should do that... :annoyed:

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-09-06, 07:59 PM
Ill join i know its way late though :( my user is Mongo_fire_lord

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-06, 08:01 PM
It is never too late to join.

Once you get playing, search the alliances for GitP, then send in an app. We will get you in ASAP. What Silly Rank Name would you like?

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-09-06, 09:36 PM
umm how about.... "The Burnt Burrito" O and i sent a app

LordVader
2007-09-06, 09:41 PM
I may join, checking out the game.

The Squirrel
2007-09-06, 09:42 PM
...its way late though :(

Sez who? I joined three weeks ago; I may not be in the top 10% but I'm rising quickly enough and still having fun. That's not to say it wasn't hard, but definetly not too late :smallwink:.

LordVader
2007-09-06, 09:46 PM
Does the tutorial explain how to build things? And menu interface in general?

The Squirrel
2007-09-06, 09:58 PM
It'll get you started. The O-game boards are a great resource in general. It's confusing at first - but like most things, read a little, jump in, then read some more, and just keep at it.

I found this guide, and pretty much everything in the category this is in to be useful
http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=58

LordVader
2007-09-07, 06:58 PM
Joined Universe Thirty as LordVader. Reporting for duty, instructions please?

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 08:04 PM
I have no clue why, but someone attacked my home planet. I had almost no resources, and I devastated their fleet, but they still took what little I had and fleet crashed me. Weird.

LordVader
2007-09-07, 08:05 PM
How do I join?

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 08:10 PM
Go to the menu options on the left and click alliance - do a search for GitP and put in an application. And pick out a rank for yourself and post it here. Let me know if you have troubles.

EDIT: nevermind - you got it :smallwink:

What he said. :smallbiggrin:

The Squirrel
2007-09-07, 08:22 PM
I have no clue why, but someone attacked my home planet. I had almost no resources, and I devastated their fleet, but they still took what little I had and fleet crashed me. Weird.

Who was it? There's a player in our area of the galaxy who attacks just to attack. I think he's bored. :smallyuk:

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 08:27 PM
I seem to have a habit of deleting all battle reports right after I read them, without remembering any of the useful information. I think the reason he attacked was probably because I think I went inactive.

LordVader
2007-09-07, 08:49 PM
HW is at 6:194:11. Where is the Alliance HQ, if any? And how do I build a shipyard?

The Squirrel
2007-09-07, 08:55 PM
if you go to the technology section on the left hand side, you can see the requirements for just about anything. Shipyards require level 2 robotics facility.

LordVader
2007-09-07, 09:01 PM
Arrgh. Ah well, I'll build up to it. Any particular place alliance is located? Not near my homeworld, right?:smallfrown:

The Squirrel
2007-09-07, 09:04 PM
A lot of people have clumps of colonies out in galaxy 9. There's still some prime spots out in galaxy 7, around system 265 - I have 5 of them out there now.

LordVader
2007-09-07, 09:05 PM
I think I'm in Galaxy Seven. Make that Galaxy Six.

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-09-07, 09:10 PM
When your buildin stuff can you look at other junk or you have to wait?

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 09:12 PM
You can look at other stuff, just not build anything else, although I believe you can work on a building and defences at the same time.

Mongo 900 B.C
2007-09-07, 09:18 PM
o ok yay im in! aww... i want my name to be The burnt burrito :(

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-10, 07:40 AM
I've pondered this before and now that I'm getting close to the point where I want to go after graviton tech, I've decided to conduct a long term experiment into fusion power. Want to see if I can get enough to not need 1000 solar satellites (or more since most of my planets are in the 7+ spots) to get it (thus reducing my vulnerability to someone crashing them). I'll even go so far as to dismantle existing solar plants to make room. I'll keep you guys updated on the results as I go.

The Squirrel
2007-09-10, 08:27 AM
To get 300,000 energy, you're going to need a level 50 fusion plant - which would cost a total of 2.6 quadrillion crystal, not to mention the metal and deuterium costs.
Unless my math is off.
Which it could be. :smallredface:

I'd just spend the resources to build a few thousand lasers and/or a few dozen plasma turrets. Then build your satellites.
Though doing it through fusion alone would be impressive.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-10, 09:12 AM
No. I can say, from experience, that hundreds of plasma turrets and many hundreds of destroyers and battleships is not enough to stop a satellite crash if they really want it. With the ASC option in this universe, multiple fleets can team up, and they will. Really, you need to be lucky using the sats. It only takes one second to research the graviton tech, so it is not that bad... I might be giving the run another go soon, but in galaxy 9, not at home.

The Squirrel
2007-09-10, 09:19 AM
:smalltongue:
I thought you were actively at war with said peoples i.e. they crashed you to crash you, not stop the satellites. Unless you're out there provoking people, I'd think you'd be able to build your defenses to a point where crashing you becomes unprofitable. Or am I missing something again?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-10, 09:24 AM
No, they first crashed my sats to crash them, and only then did we go to war.

You are talking about 6000 satelites, not 1000. That is profitable, especially when you can put together a fleet of five players, each with 1000 battleships or so. They took losses too, but it was still a profitable crash.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-10, 09:24 AM
I may not be able to get all the energy for graviton from the fusion plants, but I'm going to push it as high as I can to reduce the number of satellites as much as possible, hence why its an experiment, to see what points it becomes impossible to sustain the deut needed for the plants.

Besides, its no fun building plasma after plasma (which I've been doing for a while and is never enough) so this gives me something else to focus on for a while.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-10, 09:25 AM
Plus, the problem with building defenses is they can easily kill them with some IPMs.

The Squirrel
2007-09-10, 09:47 AM
I may not be able to get all the energy for graviton from the fusion plants, but I'm going to push it as high as I can to reduce the number of satellites as much as possible, hence why its an experiment, to see what points it becomes impossible to sustain the deut needed for the plants.

Besides, its no fun building plasma after plasma (which I've been doing for a while and is never enough) so this gives me something else to focus on for a while.

If the game isn't fun, it isn't much of a game; so do whatever you think will be the most fun. Except attacking me. Then you're just mean. Interparty conflict is prohibited in this alliance, right?

Plus, the problem with building defenses is they can easily kill them with some IPMs.

Yeah, high level conflict is still somewhat of a mystery to me. I figure once I have something worth crashing, I will have a painful dose of reality.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-10, 09:49 AM
If you stay fleetsaved you won't have to worry. Just keep the fleetsave safe. I missed calculated by a few hours, and, well, you know my fleet is gone... :(

Samiam303
2007-09-10, 10:22 AM
Well I'm working on Graviton Tech myself... I got myself a little 60-some field planet at 9:72:1, and basically just started building solar satellites and crystal mines. I've currently got level 20 crystal mine, level 12 duet synthesizer, level 2 robotics factory, level 1 shipyard, and level 6 research lab. I've got 425 solar sattelites so far, and between the crystal/duet from those mines and what I'm shipping in from my other planets, this is going really quickly.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-10, 10:33 AM
If the game isn't fun, it isn't much of a game; so do whatever you think will be the most fun. Except attacking me. Then you're just mean. Interparty conflict is prohibited in this alliance, right?

I don't recall any sort of alliance charter or anything....

The Squirrel
2007-09-10, 10:46 AM
I don't recall any sort of alliance charter or anything....

*becomes visibly frightened*
*gets evil look*
*gets out notepad*

Well I'm working on Graviton Tech myself... I got myself a little 60-some field planet at 9:72:1, and basically just started building solar satellites...

*scribbles furiously*
Slow down! I can't write that fast! Where did you say this planet was again?

Samiam303
2007-09-10, 10:47 AM
Heheh, I think our not attacking each other is pretty much implied in being in an alliance. :tongue:

EDIT: Really, it wouldn't hurt to throw a couple basic rules in the alliance page... Stuff like "be polite to everyone and don't attack alliance-mates".

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-10, 12:10 PM
Darn, the alliance has been changed already. Seems I missed my window. :smallbiggrin:

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-10, 12:11 PM
Hi all, just checking in on the group. Nice point spreads. I'm sitting in for Krade for a couple of days until I can re-activate his vacation mode...his acquisition of internet services and such is taking a little longer for him than he expected at his new location, so...

Obviously, I shouldn't be able to do any sort of trades or anything since I'm "sitting" the account, but just letting you all know why his account is active again.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-10, 12:21 PM
Good. He was about to go gone from inactivity. He needed to be logged in and sat.

Krade
2007-09-10, 03:26 PM
And here I was about to inform everyone that I was having him sit the account until it could go on vacation mode again only to find that he's already told you all (and only about 45 minutes after I asked him to do it too). Yeah, that's about it.

On a side note: I've also been informed that we now have 21 people in the alliance. Wow. I guess all we needed to grow was me disappearing for several weeks. I also hear that the ERB is still behind me about 90,000 points and I am somehow still in the top 1,000. Amazing.

The main reason I haven't gotten a computer yet is because I swore to myself that I'd get a job before I bought one, and the whole "job search" thing hasn't been as easy as I had initially expected.

Anyway... that is all for now. See you all later.

LordVader
2007-09-10, 03:46 PM
Well, I just built a missile launcher.:smallcool: No need to be jealous.

Anybody else out in GalSix with me?

Gaelbert
2007-09-10, 09:19 PM
Well, I just built a missile launcher.:smallcool: No need to be jealous.

Anybody else out in GalSix with me?

I just built 30 to get rid of my extra metal that I didn't want raided.

Samiam303
2007-09-10, 10:33 PM
Assuming you mean rocket launchers, I just built 261 to get rid of metal I didn't want raided. :tongue:

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 12:05 AM
I just built 1500 to replace some that were destroyed in the fleetcrash last month. They were the last things I replaced. :smalltongue:

Nibleswick
2007-09-11, 02:43 AM
I just sent off my first Colony ship, I'm so excited. I sent it to 7:265:8

The Squirrel
2007-09-11, 03:33 AM
Sweet! I love it when new farm-er-um- allies move into the area.
We can start a neighborhood watch!

EDIT: Hee hee! Someone was silly enough to give me some sort of management position in the alliance, and what do I do? Immediately promote myself to a rank that has no management rights of course! I suppose that's leadership darwinism in action. :smalltongue:

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-11, 08:52 AM
I also hear that the ERB is still behind me about 90,000 points and I am somehow still in the top 1,000. Amazing.

In my own defense, I have had two fleets crashed since you left (maybe it was just one) so I lost a bunch of points there, and plasma turrets don't seem to rack up the points like other things. And I've been scrapping mediocre colonies to look for good ones.

Anyway Squirrel, what's that saying, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, but a one eyed squireel is a nut" or something like that... :smallbiggrin:

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 09:07 AM
Well, Squirrel and Sam are on a lot, and they have been active with helping and posting here, so I gave you both some management rights so that you could edit and fill in rank names if I miss them. Also, if you have something interesting to add to the alliance page you may. I do find it funny though that you bumped yourself down below newcomer.

When you make a new rank name, you need to configure rights to the same as most of the players on there. That way, they can see the alliance members list and such. Then you can move the player to that rank. When a new player comes in, they get Generic Not Newcomer, so that they can see the alliance without coming up with a rank name first.

The Squirrel
2007-09-11, 09:13 AM
Funny thing that. I had figured that out, and I could have sworn I checked the little boxes giving my new rank all the privillages, but I think I forgot to hit save after I did so. :smallfrown:
So... can have my supergalactic cosmic powers reinstated? Pretty please?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I fixed it all up. Just hit save next time. Also, once you make a new name for yourself, delete the old one if you will, just so that the list does not get too cluttered.

The Squirrel
2007-09-11, 09:19 AM
One step ahead of you. Or rather - I was going to be.
After I changed my rank, I was on my way to delete the old one when I hit the wall and realized what exactly I had done. :smallcool:

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-11, 09:43 AM
So did they change the backgrounds and menu font again, or is it just my PC acting funny (or maybe they broke something with the metin2 ads).

Samiam303
2007-09-11, 09:50 AM
I dunno about the ads as I use adblock plus with firefox, but the backgrounds and whatnot seem normal here...

EDIT: What the... there seems to be a second scroll bar for no apparent reason. I think the menu fonts did get bigger.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 09:55 AM
My background is acting funny too. I have a second scrollbar, rather than scrolling on the side of the page. I don't have adds, so I don't know how they would be effected.

Samiam303
2007-09-11, 09:57 AM
I think our universe just rolled over to v0.77a. I don't know if the weird double scroll bar thing is permanent, but I think that's what caused it.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-11, 10:17 AM
nooooo
i cant ge ot ogame it goes to some weird side with 3 links in japanize or sumthing with weird smily faces
nooooooo i dont want anime porn i want ogame

opps nvm i was typing .net not .org im back
and it seems we have a intruder in system 72 galexy 9 somone betty blow the crap out o him

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 10:28 AM
I have a fleet moving into the area, and I can start the poundings tomorrow. Not worth it at all, but meh, he is on our turf.

The galaxy view is messed too though. No popups and such to show ranks and other options for df collection and such.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-11, 10:34 AM
Also, my espionage probes now detect abnormalities in the atmosphere? Does that mean a fleet is there, or was there?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 10:37 AM
I noticed that too. I think it means the player was recent at the planet, doing something. It used to be that you looked at the galaxy view and saw the recent activity with a time next to the planet. Now it looks like you have to probe them to get the time.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-11, 12:09 PM
So is it "the player" meaning the owner, or "a player"? I think it has to be the latter, since I sent the probe to an inactive player's planet (thus meaning he couldn't be both inactive and active within the last 15 minutes). So this probably tell me someone else attacked the planet recently.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-11, 12:21 PM
Also, are the storage limits finally being enforced? I would have swore that before today even though I was over the limit on the capacity the mines kept producing, today I'm sure they're not. Have I finally gone over the edge or do others see this too?

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-11, 12:28 PM
Bah...krade probably won't be happy. He had me send off everything i could on long fleetsaves, and start to build enough lfs for 20's. Three fleetcrashes in galaxy nine since i checked this morning, though only lf's and craploads of defense-two of which were 20% moonchance, and not a one successful. Ah well, not much I could do about that-almost completely out of fleetslots anyways.

Probably couldn't have gotten the res out of it anyways-seeing as how it was zorro, he probably ended up sending recyclers to get there "immediately" after his fleet did. At least that was his favorite tactic against me when I was still playing.

LordVader
2007-09-11, 02:55 PM
Anyone else in Galaxy Six? Also, what do you need to start building ships?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 03:18 PM
Also, are the storage limits finally being enforced? I would have swore that before today even though I was over the limit on the capacity the mines kept producing, today I'm sure they're not. Have I finally gone over the edge or do others see this too?

This is tricky. They are enforced, after you first discover it. If you log out when the planet is fine, it continues to produce. Once you log in and see the planet is full, it stops. I have had many planets act like this in the past, and it looks like that still.

LordVader
2007-09-11, 03:21 PM
What is necessary for ships? I have a shipyard, but can't build ships.:smallconfused:

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-11, 03:26 PM
You need certain technologies as well. Click the technology tab and it will tell you what to research at the research lab.

The Squirrel
2007-09-11, 10:47 PM
OK Mongo, you've been promoted to "The burnt burrito"
Congrats

We still need ranks for some of you newer people. Otherwise I'm just going to start picking stuff out. And I have an... active imagination.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-12, 07:56 AM
OK I need crystal and can trade metal or deut for it. Whats the standard ratio again 3:2:1 for metal:crystal:deut? I'm offering around 600K metal and/or 500K deut. Any takers let me know, lesser amounts welcome too.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-12, 09:02 AM
The "old standard" for trade was 3:2:1, nowadays I have done a lot of trading with 2.2:1.2:1.

Where would you like a shipment? I am not really busy with much, and I could easily afford that size trade.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-12, 09:16 AM
Send it to 8:11:8 (Beaumonde). Are you taking all 600K metal and 500K deut? Where do you want it?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-12, 09:42 AM
Well lets see. If we do 3:2:1 and you have 600k:400k and then 1M:500k. That brings me to 1.4M crystal? I have 1.36M crystal sitting in galaxy 6 right now, and enough cargoes to ship it all.

If this much shipping away from you all at once is too much let me know. If you are OK with trading away all that metal and deut I will send it on shortly. You can ship to 9:73:5.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-12, 09:46 AM
Hey, are any of you in a good position to attack Zorro? He's starting to get rather annoying. I've caught his latest attempt, so he won't be getting much of anything from his attack, but I can't retaliate against him-mostly because krade doesn't have any fleet save for lf's for moonchance.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-12, 09:46 AM
Send it all now, I only get rid of what I don't immediately need.

Edit: Teleconference in 5 minutes, I'll ship my portions out right after lunch (2 hours from now).

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-12, 10:07 AM
Shipment sent.

Where is Zorro? What rank and such? I have a small fleet right now, 30 destroyers and about 100 battleships, so if that is enough to do some damage I will.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-12, 10:22 AM
Shipment sent.

Where is Zorro? What rank and such? I have a small fleet right now, 30 destroyers and about 100 battleships, so if that is enough to do some damage I will.

if thats it, then nvm. his last was 500 cruisers and 700 bships.

feel free to take the debris

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-12, 10:26 AM
He is in the same alliance, just the non-elite version, that I am warring with... I can see that as trouble. If they hadn't taken out my fleet earlier. Ah well.

Samiam303
2007-09-12, 10:28 AM
Ugh... my planet on which I was building solar sats just took a big hit... lost 600-some satellites. I really oughta get some serious defenses up there.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-13, 10:55 AM
Ah, finally a moon. joy

Samiam303
2007-09-13, 11:54 AM
Congratulations on the moon! Compared to Krade's celebrations, that was a fairly tame announcement... :tongue:

LordVader
2007-09-13, 11:56 AM
Well, I'm slowly building up to colony ships.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-13, 05:01 PM
Meh, it's not my first one myself. I think this is my sixth? After three of them, I just got tired of the fleetcrashing.

Gaelbert
2007-09-13, 07:45 PM
The person ranked 51 attacked one of my colonies with 120 battleships. I had pretty good defences for the amount of resources I had there, but he still made off with about 50k crystal and metal, and 90k deut.

Nibleswick
2007-09-14, 01:49 AM
I just go scanned, I feel so violated:smalleek:

Or as others would say: Hey stop scanning me there, me not that kind of planet.:smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2007-09-14, 06:54 PM
sorry guys ive been realy buzy with school this week its my first year and week of homeschooling but im gonna not be on very much

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-14, 07:42 PM
Just started last night, under the name Scion_of_Zerus. Tyr Prime, System 1:490, Universe 27. Only have mines and a few hundred resources, and still figuring stuff out... any beginning tips?

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-14, 09:38 PM
Right then, well I'm out...unless Krade asks me again to sit for him. He did seem happy with his moon, though-now he actually has a reason to start work on a jump gate.

If you ever get especially desperate for someone to sit your account for a few days, I can probably do it-just send me a pm on this forum.

Malic
2007-09-15, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the game Orange Zergling.

I don't have many tips I guess just keep upgrading your rescource gathering buildings. And try to make a good bit of solor sats when you can. Really worth it. Oh and don't forget to research new techs. Good luck.

And to anyone who knows how do I decolinize a planet. I got one with 27 feilds o.O

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-15, 09:31 AM
When you are currently on the planet in question, Click on the name of the planet on the overview, where you would also be able to change the name of the planet. There will be an option to destroy the planet, and you'll have to put in your password to confirm.

Neftren
2007-09-15, 10:44 AM
Can I get the rank name The Old Coyote?

Malic
2007-09-16, 01:45 PM
Thanks I'm gonna go do that. Hurrah for destruction :smalltongue:

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-16, 03:51 PM
You won't be able to re-colonize that space for a few days, just to warn you. Also, the first couple spaces are always smaller...I don't have a table handy for the average field amount per planet location, if someone else does.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-16, 04:10 PM
I was told that although you can't re-colonize it, you can still raid the destroyed planet. Is that true?

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-16, 04:13 PM
Yup, for a little while at least. I don't remember if it still has its' defenses on it though. Same thing if the player gets kicked off for inactivity. IIRC, you can probe the planet too, but you can't do it from the galaxy page.

At least, it was like that before...if they've made a change in the past few months since I left (again), then I don't know about it.

The Squirrel
2007-09-16, 11:53 PM
yep, a few planets I destroyed I was unhappy because I had put a few solar sats into the air and I was sorry to lose them. After I destroyed the planet, I sent a few cruisers, they mopped up the sats and I harvested the debris. Score!

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-17, 07:15 AM
So I log in this morning and to my surprise there's a fourth resource listed there for me to collect, "Dark Matter". Has that always been there and I've suddenly reached some new level of technology where it appears, or are they adding it to the game? Anyone have any clue what it does and how I gather it?

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-17, 08:48 AM
I was about to ask the same dark matter question myself. No clue. I will look on the forums, they will explain there.

EDIT:

You buy certain amounts of Dark Matter depending on how much you want to spend, and pay by sms, card, paypal etc. like you would have bought commander and officers before.

But now, when you click on "Officers Recruitment" on the left, you will see, they cost units of Dark Matter rather than money.

Dark Matter is like your account balance.
Its a bit like paypal in a way..

Oh, and it CANNOT be raided.

Samiam303
2007-09-17, 11:38 AM
So basically, it's a lame attempt at making it seem less like you're buying an advantage in the game? *grumbles*

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-17, 11:40 AM
Programing wise, there have been a number of problems with the paying system taking effect. This is supposed to clear that up.

Although yes, it is supposed to make it feel less like buying the game. Buying resources instead. It is all they do though, so I don't know why it has to be on the home screen. :smallconfused:

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-18, 12:37 AM
Okay, fifth time in three days I've requested an activation link, and it hasn't come yet, and now I can't do anything because my account isn't activated.

Does it have to get 'approved' before it's sent out, or something? Cuz it's annoying, and says "an activation link was emailed to your address".

Samiam303
2007-09-18, 09:10 AM
Are you sure you put in a correct address? I don't remember it taking that long... :confused:

Actually, I vaguely do remember registering at night then checking for it the next morning, although I could be hallucinating that. :annoyed:

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-18, 01:53 PM
Why don't I remember any of that? Is that a new thing? Maybe it has just been a while since I registered, but I thought I set the game up and had my first solar plant built within the same half hour. :smallconfused:

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-18, 05:17 PM
I do recall seeing somewhere you needed an 8 letter password somewhere after making my account, but it let me sign up with a 7 letter one. And I can't change it because my account isn't activated.

Isn't technology awesome?

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-19, 01:57 PM
And as quickly as it starts, I think my experiment into fusion power comes to an end. Not because of the deut cost or anything, but because of the prohibitive costs of the fusion plants themselves. A level 14 cost about 1.8 million metal, a level 15 costs something like 3.3 million. I could probably gather that much, but I think it would just be faster to build the solar sats for the power rather than gathering the literally billions of metals for level 16, 17, etc. Just so many better things to spend the metal on.

Lesson learned.

Samiam303
2007-09-19, 03:40 PM
And as quickly as it starts, I think my experiment into fusion power comes to an end. Not because of the deut cost or anything, but because of the prohibitive costs of the fusion plants themselves. A level 14 cost about 1.8 million metal, a level 15 costs something like 3.3 million. I could probably gather that much, but I think it would just be faster to build the solar sats for the power rather than gathering the literally billions of metals for level 16, 17, etc. Just so many better things to spend the metal on.

Lesson learned.
Heh, can't say you weren't warned by the squirrel...

To get 300,000 energy, you're going to need a level 50 fusion plant - which would cost a total of 2.6 quadrillion crystal, not to mention the metal and deuterium costs.
Unless my math is off.
Which it could be. :smallredface:

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-19, 05:22 PM
Again, the point was not to generate 300K power from fusion alone, but to defray the need for so many solar sats (so it was power which could not be taken away by attacking fleets). But even pushing a fusion plant into the 20's does not even seem worth it.

Samiam303
2007-09-19, 08:29 PM
And just out of curiosity, how much energy does a level 20 Fusion Plant cost? I don't think it's even all that much.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-19, 08:46 PM
Level 20 fusion produces 6,727 energy. Not all that much really I admit, but it was an interesting idea. I might just go ahead and demolish all the solar plants on that planet, since my level 14 fusion produces just as much as a level 20 solar, and with those 6 extra fields I can build the deut mine up more than enough to power it. Who knows? It was just something to play around with.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-20, 05:27 PM
Ok, new question: I've noticed that some people, usually higher ranked players, attack with espionage probes rather than just using the espionage function. I wondered about this until I realized its probably because they want the battle report to see what forces you have, which they may or may not get via espionage. But then I also remember that when I've attack before and my forces were killed in the first round, I didn't get a report of the enemy forces.

So what is the point of this tactic? Against any sort of force, what are the chances of 3 probes lasting more than one round?

Also, again looking for trade. Will trade deut for crystal.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-20, 05:40 PM
The tactic makes a df in your planet, so they can send the recyclers in, and time it so they arrive just a minute after an attack. This way there is no large df sitting there for someone else to take.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-09-20, 06:39 PM
But they only send like 3 probes, so the df is like 1200 crystal. Hardly worth the effort, not to mention they usually just leave it there.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-20, 06:43 PM
Leaving it there I couldn't explain.

When I send in an attack that will take losses or produce a DF, I crash one probe there first. Since the recyclers are so slow, I then send them to pick it up, but I time it right so that I can send my fleet out to attack the planet one minute before the recyclers get there. Then, one minute after my attack, the recyclers come in and get all the df. I couldn't tell you why they'd attack without then following up with a real assault.

Samiam303
2007-09-20, 11:02 PM
Anyone interested in trading crystal for deuterium? I've got about 400k deuterium (probably 500k+ by tomorrow) in galaxy 9 that I'm looking to move.

EDIT: Nevermind, it got raided overnight.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-09-20, 11:51 PM
Ok, new question: I've noticed that some people, usually higher ranked players, attack with espionage probes rather than just using the espionage function. I wondered about this until I realized its probably because they want the battle report to see what forces you have, which they may or may not get via espionage. But then I also remember that when I've attack before and my forces were killed in the first round, I didn't get a report of the enemy forces.

So what is the point of this tactic? Against any sort of force, what are the chances of 3 probes lasting more than one round?
This doesn't really have much to do with the situation at hand, I just remember when espionage probes had a cargo capacity. You used to be able to make a fleet of, say, several thousand espy probes and attack some poor lost soul missing a defense, steal his resources, and be able to attack him every minute. It wasn't extremely useful, more amazingly entertaining-especially the messages the other player would send back.
I don't think this is possible anymore, which made me a little sad.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-21, 01:23 PM
I have an explanation for why I didn't get an activation email... they were... erm... caught by my spam filter. :smallredface: I was wondering "What the hell is Spam Digest and why does it keep emailing me?"... sigh.

At least I have a huge resource stockpile now. <.<

Samiam303
2007-09-21, 02:35 PM
Haha, that'll do it too. So, you wanna join the alliance? I'll set you up a rank name if you want, just go to the alliance section, search for the "GITP" tag and apply!

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-21, 02:46 PM
I was in the wrong universe, so I made an account of the same name in U30, that I plan to use alongside my current... independent of eachother, of course, ToS and all. As soon as I can I'll activate and apply. :smallsmile:

Ghal Marak
2007-09-21, 07:00 PM
I have to say, this game sounds fairly awesome. I'm probably going to try my hand at it later, but for now I have a question.

Okay, lets say I was logged out and I get attacked. Can they wipe me off the face of the universe?

Gaelbert
2007-09-21, 07:02 PM
No, but they can destroy your ships and defences, and steal all most your hard earned resources.

Call_me_Fate
2007-09-21, 07:08 PM
It would be hard to steal it all, since you'd keep producing. Even when logged out you stay producing. Yes though, you'd loose a good chunk.

The trick is to play smart. Don't keep many resources there. People tend not to attack when there is little to gain. Also you can send off your resources with your fleet in a fleetsave.

Samiam303
2007-09-22, 06:00 AM
Alright, I'll once again throw out there that I've got surplus Deut (300k-ish now, I'm sure it'll be more later). Anyone wanna trade for it?

The Squirrel
2007-09-22, 11:06 AM
Kay, zerling you're in - what silly rank do you want?

Malic
2007-09-22, 11:12 AM
I still can't find that button you said would be there so my planet remains colinized. I guess I'll make it a deut making planet and just trade with a freind of mine nearby.

Neftren
2007-09-22, 11:19 AM
Can I get a silly rank of "The Old Coyote"?

The Squirrel
2007-09-22, 11:22 AM
You mean you want to abandon a colony?

Neftren
2007-09-22, 03:49 PM
Thanks Squirrel... this game is very similar to Tribal Wars... except in space and more technology based...

are there any tips I should know? like build an army fast or work on supplies fast?

Samiam303
2007-09-22, 04:00 PM
I still can't find that button you said would be there so my planet remains colinized. I guess I'll make it a deut making planet and just trade with a freind of mine nearby.

What do you mean remains colonized?

The Squirrel
2007-09-22, 04:10 PM
Thanks Squirrel... this game is very similar to Tribal Wars... except in space and more technology based...

are there any tips I should know? like build an army fast or work on supplies fast?

Actually, someone beat me to promoting your rank; I actually went and made a duplacate rank before I relized that. :smalltongue:

As far as advice, I think there's several ways to go about it, but I've had success in building up a small fleet of light cargos. Look for inactives in the galaxy view (they'll have a little i by thier name) and spy on them with espinoage probes. If they're defenseless, raid them mercilessly. It's a great way to suppliment your income. That and get more colony ships as quickly as is reasonable.

Sam - you still looking to unload some deut? What trade rate are you thinking and is galaxy 7 too far away for you? I've got a slew of metal that I could part with, though if you're desperate for some crystal, you might have to twist my arm.

Samiam303
2007-09-22, 05:25 PM
I've currently got 300k Deuterium to trade off, and it'll continue growing until I get rid of it. Unfortunately, I'm only looking for crystal as I need to build solar satellites for graviton tech. I've got over 1k of 'em so far, and it's going well! If you're interested in trading crystal, I'm perfectly willing to ship to galaxy 7... And I'm thinking the 2.2:1.2:1 ratio Fate mentioned sounds fair.

No hurry to get rid of it, just tell me if you want any/all of it.

The Squirrel
2007-09-22, 05:30 PM
Hmmm... at that rate, I think I can hold off on my plans for that crystal. I'll message you in game with details.

Gaelbert
2007-09-22, 05:36 PM
I've currently got 300k Deuterium to trade off, and it'll continue growing until I get rid of it. Unfortunately, I'm only looking for crystal as I need to build solar satellites for graviton tech. I've got over 1k of 'em so far, and it's going well! If you're interested in trading crystal, I'm perfectly willing to ship to galaxy 7... And I'm thinking the 2.2:1.2:1 ratio Fate mentioned sounds fair.

No hurry to get rid of it, just tell me if you want any/all of it.

Sweet! I've got about 400k of deut I need to offload. We can trade it!... Oh, wait. Darn.

The Squirrel
2007-09-22, 05:42 PM
coolgaelbert, you looking for metal? I'm not exactly deut starved at the moment, but if you're willing to ship to glaxy 7, we can talk rates. :smallwink:

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 01:17 PM
Alright, I'll try my hand at it. Just so I get the information right, it's Universe 30 and I'm suppost to request that I join a group called 'Gitp'. Correct?

Samiam303
2007-09-23, 01:18 PM
Correct. Whenever you know what you want your alliance title to be, just tell me, fate or squirrel and we'll set it!

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 01:23 PM
How many characters long can it be?

Gaelbert
2007-09-23, 01:54 PM
coolgaelbert, you looking for metal? I'm not exactly deut starved at the moment, but if you're willing to ship to glaxy 7, we can talk rates. :smallwink:

I think I spent most of it, but I'll have to check.

Samiam303
2007-09-23, 01:56 PM
How many characters long can it be?

I'd like to say 30, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 02:06 PM
Hmm... how about Warrior Extraordinaire? If it's open, I'll take it. If someone else already has that title, then I'll have to think of something else.

Samiam303
2007-09-23, 02:09 PM
Hmm... how about Warrior Extraordinaire? If it's open, I'll take it. If someone else already has that title, then I'll have to think of something else.
That's fine, but have you applied for the alliance yet? I'm not seeing you. What's your in-game name?

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 02:21 PM
Nope, haven't applied yet. Game name is Ghal Marak. I was just getting my feet under me. I'll send the app. now.

Samiam303
2007-09-23, 02:25 PM
There you go! You're all set as the latest member of our alliance. Welcome! :smile:

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 02:27 PM
Yay! Oh, and just so it's out there, my cordinates are 4:410:9. Also, it seems like the majority of the other people in this system are inactive or on vacation. Good news for me I guess. :smallsmile:

Gaelbert
2007-09-23, 02:31 PM
After taking a long break from raiding, I sent out some probes and found that most of the people around me are inactive. 1-166 area, if you're interested.

Samiam303
2007-09-23, 02:31 PM
@Ghal Marak: Yeah, that should be helpful to your starting up. I think there's a few other GiTPers in your area, but the biggest alliance block is out in the 9:72:x-9:73:x area, so whenever you get to colony ships, you're welcome to plop down a planet or two over here with the rest of us!

Ghal Marak
2007-09-23, 02:51 PM
@Ghal Marak: Yeah, that should be helpful to your starting up. I think there's a few other GiTPers in your area, but the biggest alliance block is out in the 9:72:x-9:73:x area, so whenever you get to colony ships, you're welcome to plop down a planet or two over here with the rest of us!

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that when I can. :smallbiggrin:

PhallicWarrior
2007-09-24, 09:10 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of a habitable, unoccupied planet near 1:217:9?

I have a Colony ship that's been burning a hole in my pocket for a week.

Samiam303
2007-09-26, 06:19 PM
Well once again, if anyone's looking to trade, I've currently got over 1.250.000 Metal which I have nothing to do with. Looking for crystal as before.

OH SNAP! I just got a 3.872 km moon from a debris field consisting of 149 Small Cargoes! :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

EDIT: Aaaannnnd my planet on which I was building solar satellites gets raided. I guess that's what I get for forgetting to Fleetsave and leaving a massive amount of Metal on the planet... heheh.

The attacker lost a total of 12.000 units.
The defender lost a total of 6.892.000 units.
At these space coordinates now float 10.800 metal and 1.154.400 crystal.
The chance for a moon to be created is 11 %
770 Rocket Launcher, 345 Light Laser, 1 Small Shield Dome could be repaired.