PDA

View Full Version : GitP OGame Alliance - Always looking for new recruits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

The Squirrel
2007-09-28, 10:10 PM
Ouch. What's the plan now? Going to proceed with the solar sats again? Did you get any of the debris?

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I'm putting my defenses back up (luckily hardly any of them were destroyed) and I'm gonna try for the satellites as planned. I unfortunately had no recyclers, and so lost the entire 1.1kk field of crystal to someone else. :annoyed:

Vaynor
2007-09-28, 10:19 PM
I joined. Name is Vaynor.

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:25 PM
Welcome! You interested in joining our alliance I assume? If so, you can simply perform a search for the alliance tag "GITP" and apply, then I'll approve you and you can choose a rank name!

Vaynor
2007-09-28, 10:29 PM
OK I sent my application.

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the alliance! Now, as you may notice, everyone in the alliance has a custom title. They all confer the exact same rank, so you're free to request anything you want as a title, so long as it's within 30 (I think?) characters.

Vaynor
2007-09-28, 10:41 PM
OK, I'll get back to you once I think of something.

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:50 PM
That's totally fine, there's a number of people who can handle the title-adding so just post it here when you decide and someone'll get it done promptly!

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-28, 10:52 PM
Alright, nearing Colony Ship tech, so once I get it, I should get one and colonize another planet ASAP, right?

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:53 PM
Yeah, the more colonies the merrier. Once you get more than one, things really speed up because you can ship resources between planets to build things.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-28, 10:57 PM
Awesome. I'm assuming research is universal though? It'd be a pain in the ass to tech to Impulse Drive 3 from square one again.

Samiam303
2007-09-28, 10:58 PM
Yeah, you've got the same research on every planet. Conversely, you can only run a research assignment on one planet at a time.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-02, 12:05 AM
Alright, I have the ability to make CSs now... I was like "Awright!" then I saw the 10k Duet and 20k Crystal costs... :smallfrown: Either way, yay, progress.

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 08:47 AM
What levels are your mines and deut synthesizer? If the costs of a colony ship still seems like a lot to you, you really should be building faster mines/synthesizer.

Also, a question for the more experienced out there: How strong of defenses would you guys recommend for the planet on which I'm getting Graviton, Galaxy 9? So far I've got 2k Rocket Launchers, 500 Light Lasers and a Small Shield. I wanna build my shipyard higher level so I can get stronger defenses, but I've got over three days of stuff in queue and I'm too impatient to not put more things in queue for three days.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-02, 10:02 AM
Heh...

I had 5000 rocket launchers, 5500 light lasers, 1250 heavy lasers, 500 gauss cannons, 2500 ion cannons, 250 plasma turrets, small and large shield, and 70 ABMs, and still the attack came. I was about 400 solar sats away.

Honestly it is more based on luck than on having the defenses I think. Unless you are way high in the top ten then I think an ACS can be made to bash through most any defense you make. That is what happened to me. It took five players, but they did it. :smallmad: :smallfrown:

The Squirrel
2007-10-02, 10:09 AM
I don't know. A few thousand satellites are a pretty tasty target. The goal here is to make yourself unprofitable, but that's a tall order. I read somewhere in the OGame forums about someone who built a defense that detered any attack, but that included about two million rockets and about a hundred plasma turrets. A bit overboard, I think, but perhaps not by a whole lot.
Let's say before the final push, you have about 5k sats in the sky; that's a potential debris feild of about 3 million crystal. So I'd want to inflict about that much loss on any attacker that came my way. Considering that 10k ships isn't a huge fleet to muster, that it takes about 4 rockets to bring a light fighter down, and because bombers and cruisers could quickly wipe out most of my defenses I'd want to inflict most of my damage on the first round...
Personally, I'd guess about 40k rocket launchers would be a good starting point. That would mean 4 rockets on each incoming ship in a theoretical attacking fleet of 10k ships, enough to take down their cannon fodder. Maybe replace half the rockets with light lasers to avoid excessive rapidfire. Then round it out with the heavies, say a few dozen plasma turrets to ensure that a few ships of an 'all battleship' fleet are taken down. Just don't forget the anti-ballistic missles. Getting nuked would hurt.
Talk to Fate though, she should have some good insight; she tried that route and she still got attacked, though I don't even know the general numbers of her defenses during her attempt.

EDIT: Ow, my poor ninja'd squirrely body... :smalltongue:

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-02, 10:13 AM
Must be a simu-post day Squirrel.

I'd say you're about right though. That many solar sats are too nice to not go after. In the end you need to be lucky enough to not be found more than anything else.

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 10:17 AM
See, I think it's a little to late to hope to not be found... I've already been hit twice. First time I lost 600 Satellites, and the second it was just over 2k Satellites. :annoyed:

And what makes it hard about the defenses is that I'm building satellites on a planet of 56 Fields. On the upside, I get more power from each one, but I've got a level 20 Crystal Mine, Level 15 Duet Plant and (so far) level 9 research lab. This doesn't leave a lot of room for shipyards and/or missle siloes.
On the upside though, the 2k satellite hit was an 11% moonchance so even if I keep getting hit, I've got a decent shot at getting a moon out of it.

The Squirrel
2007-10-02, 01:03 PM
Hmmm... new thought. OK, the goal is to inflict enough damage to deter an attack. A potential debris field of 3 million crystal should be deterred by being able to kill ships totaling about 3 million resources; let's say 6 million since (1) ships are primarily metal and crystal's worth more than metal and (2) we really want to deter that attack so erring on the defensive side is good.
6 million is about 1.5k light fighters or 100 battleships. If they come in with fighters for fodder, we'll rely on plasma turrets and gauss cannons - so to inflict 1.5k casualties over two rounds we'll need 750 big guns, which is what Fate had. Now that we've made bringing fodder unprofitable, we just need enough rockets to deter massive fleets of all capital ships. 10k battleship attacking fleet, 100 rockets to bring down a battleship on round one, means... a million rockets... grrrr
Although a plasma turret should bring a battleship below 70%, forcing a chance to explode... say 40% given respective technology differences. That means the all battleship fleet takes casualties equal to 40% of the plasma shots fired at it. That means you'll need about 250 plasma turrets to inflict enough kills on round one, 125 if you have enough rockets to get the turrets into round two.
Those numbers don't make sense - unless the people attacking Fate were just jerks - though I get the impression some players just are. Fate, did you have a fleet in orbit at the site you were attempting gravitation?

OK, just ran some numbers through the simulations. With a force of 5000 rocket launchers and 100 plasma turrets, you should be able to inflict enough damage to make yourself unprofitable, so long as you don't keep a fleet or many extra resources there. That's a huge defense worth 15 million metal, 5 million crystal, and 3 million deuterium, but it should work. Most fleets will be able to crash you without too much trouble, the key is that I don't think they can do it and turn a profit. Those plasma turrets are key though. I'd also round out the defense too, add the domes, sub in lasers for some rockets, a few dozen ion cannons might help your turrets get an extra round against some fleets. A few gauss cannons would be a nice addition, but probably not strong enough to replace any plasma turrets for what you're counting on them for.

A word on missiles... at 25k a pop, they would need to use less than about a hundred targeting your turrets to turn a profit; and 100 missiles should just wipe out about 100 turrets... I think. So a level 2 silo with 20 interceptors should be enough to deter any missile barrage. Level 4 silo with 40 interceptors would be better, but level two with 20 should suffice.

As for space issues, do you have any levels of metal mine you can deconstruct? Robotic facilities? Solar plant? Downgrade your deuterium mine if you have to, but you need to get to shipyard 8, otherwise no turrets for you.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-02, 01:14 PM
Metal is 5, Crystal is 11, and Deut is 4... I think I've put too much focus on research. My metal tends to hang around 6-7k now, before Impulse 3 it was around 20k, Crystal tends to stay around 5-6k, and Deut is usually anywhere from 500-1.5k. Yeah, it needs work.

I look at my 12 rocket launchers and think about how good of a defense I have, then I see talk of 40,000 as an invading force... o.O;

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-02, 01:54 PM
As Fate mentions, the amount of defenses won't really stop them if they are determined enough (luckily no one to date has sought to test my standard package of 1500 missile, 250 LL, 200 HL, 200 Gauss, 200 Ion, and 100 Plasma). I keep very little in the way of ships at the moment.

I think there may be another aspect to this that hasn't been mentioned, espionage and specifically defeating it. Before I started on my graviton run I pushed the espionage tech up to 11 to reduce the information people get (I'm sure there's a specific formula/ratio) since I think if its high enough they won't get the report of my fleet. Second, I turned off my solar sats so that no matter no many I get my energy (which seems to always show on espionage reports) is sitting at a boring 98.

Have yet to see if this help (then again luck plays a big part) but so far I've been scouted by some decent sized players (in top 1000 some above 300) and none have chosen to move against my 6800+ sats yet. Maybe they're just waiting for me to get closer but we'll see...

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 02:43 PM
That's a REALLY good idea. I'll get working on espionage tech and turn my energy down to just what I need.

The Squirrel
2007-10-02, 02:46 PM
If they really want to know, they can always send more probes. It might take a dozen probes, but they can get the information. But if you have the energy turned down, keep few ships or resources there, they really shouldn't have much reason to send any more. Clever. :smallamused:

There's always the save-rush-pray method I'm in the midst of.
i.e. save up enough resources to build all the sats, then build them all at once and pray no one discovers that you're making an attempt. I'll tell you it's a bit nervewracking to fleetsave every day a floatillia of ships carrying millions of precious crystal. And I'm spending a fortune on cargoes that I haven't quite yet figured out what to do with afterward. Though the real litmus test will be what happens when I actually put in the build order.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-02, 02:57 PM
That is a good idea, to keep the sats turned off and the espionage up. I will give another sat run with that in mind.

Really I think all the math in the world won't solve if they will attack. It does not always have to be profitable, because they will gather the entire df, meaning that even if I blow up their battleships they just gather it back anyway. Plus we were talking about literally thousands of battleships, and nearly 20,000 light fighters, between the five players attacking me. ACS makes for a nasty go in the universe since even medium players can join together to wipe out a large force.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-02, 03:58 PM
Yeah the key is the sats have to be off, even 10% is a dead give away. I had to turn down a mine (although only to 90%) but I think its worth it.

In another vein, is there really any purpose in pushing laser, ion, and plasma tech over the levels need to get the units (12, 7, and 7 I think)? I recently bought armor to 13 but that has value and I was spending all my crystal on sats, so had lots of metal sitting around.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-02, 04:03 PM
I don' think there is any reason to bring the tech up past the last new unit, other than to gain points.

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 05:03 PM
What I did to save fields on my graviton lab planet was I just shipped in enough resources to get started building satellites, then used the energy from those to build up my mines. Therefore, I've still got level 0 solar plant. Unfortunately, that means I'm gonna have to keep the sats at 10%.

The Squirrel
2007-10-02, 05:29 PM
Query: What does it mean when a guy three galaxies away sends 50 espionage probes to the one planet (out of 5 in the area) that has six million crystal sitting on it? I'm intrigued and more than a little nervous. :smallconfused:

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 05:35 PM
Not completely sure, but I'd suggest making preparations to move that crystal fast come an emergency. That has a strong feeling of creepiness.

...What were you thinking having that much Crystal sit on one planet anyway?? :confused:

Ghal Marak
2007-10-02, 05:43 PM
Well, I now have a colony ship. I just about have enough deut to send it 5 galaxies away to that cluster of systems that everybody else is at. :smallsmile: Took a while too.

The Squirrel
2007-10-02, 05:57 PM
Not completely sure, but I'd suggest making preparations to move that crystal fast come an emergency. That has a strong feeling of creepiness.

...What were you thinking having that much Crystal sit on one planet anyway?? :confused:

I probed him in return and though I didn't get everything, I estimate his espionage tech to be 7 or 8. So if he wanted all my info, he'd only need about a dozen probes.
Either way the crystal's going into fleetsave shortly. It's all on the planet at the moment because I'm consolidating two cargo fleets and I'm online to babysit the resources.

Ghal - congats on the upcoming ship departure!

Samiam303
2007-10-02, 06:09 PM
Interestingly, I just came across a thread complaining about how everyone has tons of defenses in Uni 30. This is the espionage report the guy was complaining about:

Fleets
Small Cargo 60 Large Cargo 50
Light Fighter 50 Recycler 1
Espionage Probe 8 Solar Satellite 8.604
Deathstar 15 Battlecruiser 7
Defense
Rocket Launcher 31.700 Light Laser 2.500
Heavy Laser 1.000 Gauss Cannon 330
Plasma Turret 160 Small Shield Dome 1
Large Shield Dome 1 Anti-Ballistic Missiles 55
Interplanetary Missiles 1

That's WAY more satellites being defended than the 6k I need for graviton tech, not to mention the other ships there... although I guess even though 15 Deathstars is a nice debris field it's also a pretty solid defense in it's own right.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-03, 10:39 AM
Ghal - congats on the upcoming ship departure!

Thanks... but I didn't realize that it would take 15 hours to make the trip! Granted, it is at 50% speed, but that's because anything more was unable to make the trip. Oh well, I'm happy with it. :smallbiggrin:

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-03, 01:13 PM
So what's the correlation of size to fields? I am sure I could look it up somewhere. Just got my second moon (on a 5% chance) so I want to know how many lunar bases to make to max the fields.

Now its time to connect the two systems where all my systems are (one moon in each :smallsmile: )

Samiam303
2007-10-03, 02:55 PM
The fields to size ratio for moons (and I assume planets too...) is (moonsize/1000) ^2.

The Squirrel
2007-10-04, 05:28 PM
Everyone cross their fingers for me. I'm making a run for it.

Samiam303
2007-10-04, 09:30 PM
Wait, what now? Good luck, but what are you making a run for??

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-04, 09:39 PM
hey, i don't remember. how long until an account gets deleted because of inactivity? i'm wondering if i should get back on Krade's account soon.

The Squirrel
2007-10-04, 09:45 PM
hey, i don't remember. how long until an account gets deleted because of inactivity? i'm wondering if i should get back on Krade's account soon.

about 30 days, I think. Couldn't hurt just to sign in, just in case.

Wait, what now? Good luck, but what are you making a run for??

Gavitation. :smallwink:
I'm up to 2,500 satellites and no probes yet. Nine hours to go...

Samiam303
2007-10-04, 09:46 PM
Oh holy cow, you got all the resources at once?? That's gonna make it WAY easier... I was doing it where I'd build them as I got the resources, so they were sitting for a much long period of time.

The Squirrel
2007-10-04, 09:59 PM
Well, I've been squirreling away crystal for a while now (as my kind tend to do). Which involved building around 500 large cargoes so I could fleetsave it all. If I'm discovered while building, I've got little chance of defending myself, but I've got the window narrowed to under 14 hours, so it's kinda a 16 million crystal crapshoot. :smalltongue:

Samiam303
2007-10-04, 10:03 PM
I'm SURE you'll pull it off since you're doing it that quickly... That's crazy! I'd never have had the patience to build up that many cargoes. I'm gonna stick to my slow and steady building of satellites.. heh.

The Squirrel
2007-10-04, 10:20 PM
Slow and steady defenetly has it's advantages. If this fails *knock on wood* I think I might try the gradual way with the defense I mentioned.
The funny thing is, this flash-build method involved alot of prep work and in the end, I spent almost as much crystal on the prep work as I am on the satellites themselves. :smallredface: Most of the preperations are useful beyond the attempt, of course, but it's still kinda funny to think about.

Samiam303
2007-10-04, 10:24 PM
Haha yeah, but I'm sure you'll be keeping those cargoes in use... and even if you get attacked and lose 'em, 500 Large Cargoes is damn close to a 20% moonchance (566 Large Cargoes is 20%). O.O

Ghal Marak
2007-10-04, 10:25 PM
Well, I just got attacked for the first time. It was perpetuated by a neighboring planet, and carried out by 4 Light Fighters and 2 Heavy Fighters. It would have been no trouble, except I did not build many defenses. I used everything I had to rush to colony ship technology.

No biggy though, I only lost about 5 Solar Satellites and one hundred of each resource. :smallwink: Gotta stay positive!

Gaelbert
2007-10-05, 12:19 AM
One hundred? Someone raided you for 100 of each resource?

Ghal Marak
2007-10-05, 12:58 AM
One hundred? Someone raided you for 100 of each resource?

Yep, right out of : Metal;Cristal; and Deutronium. Not exactly a huge loss though. I covered the losses shortly thereafter.

EDIT: Now that I think on it, that was really stupid of them. They could have taken a lot more than that, and yet the stuck with 100. *shrug* I planned to raid'em in the near future anyway. He just beat me to the punch.

Samiam303
2007-10-05, 05:57 AM
You don't choose how much you take when you raid someone. It automatically captures 50% of the resources on the planet.

The Squirrel
2007-10-05, 07:22 AM
*dances in a manner that would make Disco Stu proud*

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-05, 01:41 PM
so I haven't heard from krade yet, but I think I will be opening his account again in the next day or two. I think he might be a little frustrated if it went and disappeared on him.

Ghal Marak
2007-10-05, 02:05 PM
You don't choose how much you take when you raid someone. It automatically captures 50% of the resources on the planet.

Oh, I didn't know that.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-05, 02:46 PM
Well, sent a Colony Ship and two light fighters to colonize a neighboring planet, lets hope it doesn't get blown up on the way there.

Samiam303
2007-10-05, 03:25 PM
There's no way they could be attacked, colonization missions are totally safe. When you're colonizing a planet, the only thing you need to send is the cargo ship, unless you're going really far whereas you might need to send cargo ships to carry the extra fuel. The fighters you sent are just gonna pretty much follow it there then come home.

Oh, and Squirrel: I assume that means you were successful? Congratulations! Just out of curiosity, what level shipyard did you build the satellites on? I've decided I'm gonna let my shipyard queue empty out so I can get it higher; I have no idea why I even started building with only a level 4 shipyard. >_<

Gonna get yourself a deathstar? :biggrin:

The Squirrel
2007-10-05, 03:54 PM
Yep, I has the technology! Just not the resources.
It's kinda sad, but by saving up for the attempt, I've been holding off on the mines and I'm anxious to upgrade a few of them; so mines before deathstar. That and I'm using all available resources at the moment to pay off Fate for blowing up the better half of my sats.
Hopefully I'll have the cash flow to get one by the end of the weekend.

As for shipyard, I used level 12, since I'll need it to build a deathstar anyway. I also have a level 4 nanite, which might have been a little excessive, but this will be my main shipyard, so it'll get plenty of use. That and it was nessesary to narrow the timeframe to a point where I could babysit the entire process.

EDIT: And someone gave me a moon! Yay! Danke, Fate!

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-05, 07:33 PM
Yay, Tyr Secondus has been colonized. Now I just need metal for the cargo ships, I burned it all on.. upgrading my metal mine. <.<

Good to know 'bout the fighters, though.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-05, 08:23 PM
Yep, I has the technology!

Congrat's Squirrel. I'm not far behind with the espionage non-fleet save method, but I have to go out for the weekend so it will have to wait. Vacation mode is a lifesaver (I shudder to think of those 9000 sats sitting there unattended).

Ghal Marak
2007-10-05, 08:31 PM
(I shudder to think of those 9000 sats sitting there unattended).

Okay, I've seen it thrown around a lot, and now I'm curious. Why do you need that many sats? I gather by reading previous posts that it's for reserch, but... why?

Samiam303
2007-10-05, 08:44 PM
To get a Death Star, you need Level 1 Graviton Technology. Unlike other research, it has no cost in terms of resources, but it requires 300,000 energy to do the research. It would take somewhere in the billions of resources to build a high enough solar plant or fusion plant, so the most practical way to get it is through solar satellites. If you're doing it on a slot one planet, it's 6000 satellites needed, and if you're further from the sun it's more, I assume.

The Squirrel
2007-10-07, 12:12 AM
So I'm in talks with a guy from z0rz. Are we interested in an alliance, NAP, or trading pact? I'm disinclined to get our alliance involved as such, as I'm not sure what the benefits would be, but figured I'd ask if I should pursue this anyway.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-07, 07:46 AM
We have an alliance with some other group, and it is really just a chance for the smaller alliances to team up in the event of a war with a larger alliance. I don't think we need more than a NAP with anyone, but that is up to the ruling council (everyone in the alliance :smallwink: ).

The Squirrel
2007-10-07, 01:45 PM
[In a cockpit somewhere out in deep space...]
Mark: I don't know, Dan. I have a bad feeling about this.
Zombie Dan: It work. Don't worry about.
Mark: And even if we do get into squirrel's treasure room, what are we going to do with a quarter million half eaten bagels?
Zombie Dan: Hey what that? *points*
Mark: Huh, when did this planet get a second moon?
Zombie Dan: That no moon!
[Voicebox crackles with a squirrely voice coming through]
Now experience the firepower of this fully armed and operational battlestation! Fire!
[view switches to that of a small cargo being vaporized, then to a bridge]
english officer: the rebels have been destroyed sir
squirrel: excellent *nibbles xp token*

Gaelbert
2007-10-07, 05:54 PM
I've been turtling these last few weeks. Thanks to the advice of someone on here, I only get on for about fifteen minutes a day, and I spend all my resources on defenses. Since then, I've only been raided twice. Anyways, now I've decided to expand my horizons. I got myself a nice little colony on the first slot, started getting it ready for mass production of solar satellites. I've also been upping research levels on various important items.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-07, 11:37 PM
Right then, I'm back again for Krade. And bloody hell, people... the points have seriously gone up in the last month. I'll be here for a few days or so.

The Squirrel
2007-10-07, 11:56 PM
Wow, after one attack, I've determined that raiding with a deathstar is incredibly cruel. No qualms about using it against inactives, but against people who are trying... you need a heavy defense to scratch the thing. Being on the recieving end would not be fun. Unless you have a rediculous amount of res just sitting there, then you deserve it.

In other news - I'm finally part of the group! Kinda. System 71 may not be solely populated by us (yet), but I'm still right next to the rest of yas!

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-08, 12:57 AM
actually, iirc, a handful of plasmas can take down a deathstar. of course, it's been a few years since i could actually build deathstars, so my memory is a little fuzzy. handful, of course, is a relative term. I'm not talking about 5 or 6, but basically a small decent amount along with the rest of your general defense system. or at least, what anyone worth attacking will have. i think you might be a little sad if your deathstar goes kaboom, so you might want to find out what it'll take to kill it. I don't have speedsim anymore, nor have i really bothered to try to find an alternative-though i'm sure there is one. You can probably find relative info on the ogame board though.

just my two cents though

The Squirrel
2007-10-08, 01:45 AM
It's a little over 30. At least alone. So maybe a dozen or so if it's a well rounded system. But it seems like half the guys on my hit list don't even know what a plasma turret is, much less have a dozen.
The attack that prompted this was against a guy who has about 15% of my points - he had a nice little defensive system built, and no matter what type of fleet I would throw at it, I couldn't get away with more than a meager profit (at least, theoretically). I respect that. But then throwing the deathstar into the mix just seemed unsporting.
I'd have no qualms about attacking anyone near my rank with it. By that point they should know better, or at least not keep much res laying around.

So yeah, my new toy is not invincable, but it can take and dish a beating.

Samiam303
2007-10-08, 09:26 PM
Well, time for the periodic trade advertisement: If anyone wants to buy, I've got 1kk metal and growing. As usual, will ship to anywhere and I'm looking for crystal.

Gaelbert
2007-10-08, 11:31 PM
What exactly is a kk? Million?
I can finally get my first nanite factory when I raise all the resources. I'm so excited.

Samiam303
2007-10-09, 07:57 AM
Yeah, 1kk is the unit they seem to use on the OGame forums for a million.

EDIT: Aaaaand nevermind. Someone seemingly probed my moon momentarily after my fleetsave returned and raided me four times.

Krade
2007-10-09, 05:29 PM
Hi everybody!

As you can see, it is still taking longer than I expected to get back on. Luckily, I have someone who can log on and sit my account long enough to put it back on vacation mode so it doesn't get deleted.

I don't have my own computer yet, but my brother does, and pretty soon we will be getting the internet so I can finally return to lead all of you just like it was before I left. (Lead being an extremely subjective term here)

Malic
2007-10-09, 06:30 PM
My freind Kilam and I our thinking about having our own little war since I think he's getting ready to attack me. Wish me luck but I don't think I need help. I've practically turned my homeworld into a gun with all the Guass cannons I placed.

The Squirrel
2007-10-11, 01:21 AM
Kaeso, you around here? Or, does anyone know who this guy is? He has an application in, but I don't recall seeing him here.

On another note, Steve what happened? You dropped like 50k in points! Tell me the sats are ok! :smalleek:

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-11, 06:54 AM
Nope, sats are gone, along with a few dozen ships that happen to be in the same system and a few dozen ground defenses. So close yet so far.

I'm sending a couple colony ships out to the alliance block, 9:73:2 and 9:73:3, just to see if I can find a decent planet close to the star to try again.

The Squirrel
2007-10-11, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. Though I'm glad to see you get back on the horse again.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-11, 10:52 PM
If it's any consolation, I had to try an ungodly number of times to get all my sats in a row, so to speak. People kept finding me and throwing everything they could against whatever defenses i had to get the debris (though i did get a moon or two out of the skirmishes).

Gaelbert
2007-10-12, 08:19 AM
I finally got my plasma technology up to 7 and am able to to build plasma cannons now. Soon my planet will hopefully be so secure that I can build up resaources for a nanite factory. Muhahahahaha!

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-12, 10:36 AM
I finally got my plasma technology up to 7 and am able to to build plasma cannons now. Soon my planet will hopefully be so secure that I can build up resaources for a nanite factory. Muhahahahaha!

Hate to burst your bubble, but you're never secure enough. There's always someone out there with more ships. The attack that killed my sats was some 40,000 light fighters, 5000 battlships, and 5000 battlecruisers. My defenses made a bit of a dent but not enough to stop them (100 plasma, 200 gauss, hundreds of the smaller ones except for rockets which was at 1800).

Still, unless you make yourself a target, people generally do leave you alone.

This whole thing has me thinking, why do I need deathstars. They're cool and all, but why don't I build 5000 battleships then go for the graviton.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-12, 11:09 AM
Deathstars are really only especially useful in adding to a defense or trying to really irritate other players...meaning when you try a moon-destruction mission. They take forever to get anywhere and a decent defense can bring one down.
Even if you try for the moon destruction mission, you need a lot of them to even have a chance of it, and more often than not the other guy will probably have enough time to get a good defense at the moon before you reach it, whether defense structures or ships.

Of course, there are the plus sides to the death star, especially the collection of rapid fire abilities. I've known people to have 20 or so of them per planet just to have a boost on their defense just because of that, with the high armor/shield/weaponry as a bonus.

Gaelbert
2007-10-12, 10:47 PM
Secure enough to build my metal up to 1 million for a short time is what I was talking about. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long.

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-13, 11:22 AM
Once more I ask:

Can anyone steer me in the direction of a habitable planet, please?

Samiam303
2007-10-13, 12:51 PM
If you go to galaxy mode, you can look at all the planet slots. If there isn't a planet shown in that slot, it's habitible.

Gaelbert
2007-10-13, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know of some sort of simulator or calculator that lets you see how different matchups of fleets versus defenses works out?

Samiam303
2007-10-13, 01:02 PM
I believe there's something like that at www.speedsim.net although I've never used it.

Gaelbert
2007-10-13, 02:26 PM
Many thanks. I've always wondered about how to calculate stuff like that.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-13, 03:53 PM
speedsim will also tell you the cost for a fleet maneuver according to your location vs your target, and'll give a pretty good estimate of what sort of debris to expect. It's useful. It's generally spot on with how much you'll lose as well, unit-wise

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-13, 05:43 PM
Things are going along nicely, if a bit slowly. Getting a second Colony Ship, and shield domes on both planets. Still a bit low on resources, although the rate is climbing.

The Squirrel
2007-10-14, 02:11 PM
So I lost pretty much all my fleet today as 3 of my main planets were hit. Including two deathstars.
*cries*
Still the battles were pretty interesting and educational. And I got two moons from the deal, so overall... I can rebuild. I think the moons might be worth the fleet loss.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-14, 02:22 PM
OUCH. Nasty hit. :smalleek:

Moons make it nice though. :smallsmile: At least a little better.

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-15, 06:25 PM
YES! Planet #2 is online, vague RvB reference and all!

Gaelbert
2007-10-15, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm just about to stockpile my metal for a nanite factory. Send me good thoughts.:smallwink:

Samiam303
2007-10-15, 07:40 PM
Just wondering, whereabouts is the planet you're getting it on? Is it in the main alliance block, or somewhere more distant?

Gaelbert
2007-10-16, 08:26 AM
Its at 1:166:11

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-17, 09:06 AM
Never mind this post, I had what I thought was a bug with my moon fields not updating after building lunar bases, but I must have just needed a minute to refresh.

Edit2: So while I'm here, anyone looks for some duet? I'm spending some times on infrastructe (i.e. mines) so I'm not spending the duet I'm making. Willing to trade for crystal or metal.

Gaelbert
2007-10-17, 07:41 PM
One of your fleets from Planet Talamh [1:166:11] reaches Planet Plse stop raidin me [1:166:12]. Its mission is: Attack.
Heh, heh, heh. He's been inactive for the last few weeks, so I couldn't pass it up.
Edit: Huzzah! I began my nanite factory! Joy is me!

Samiam303
2007-10-17, 10:53 PM
Well, I'm rather happy with how things are going on Palisade... got 2600 Solar Satellites built so far and more coming, and my defenses are looking decently solid. Granted, someone determined could take it out, but I'm happy with it for the time being:
2500 Rocket Launchers
500 Light Lasers
200 Heavy Lasers
10 Plasma Turrets
1 Small Shield Dome
1 Large Shield Dome

...it doesn't look as impressive typed out, but I'm thinking it'll hold against most casual raiders quite admirably.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-18, 12:21 AM
It certainly will hold against a casual raider for the time.

I am stockpiling my crystal and deut for a run like what Squirrel did. Interested in the defense there?

18,000 Rocket Launchers
5,000 Light Lasers
1,500 Heavy Lasers
70 Gauss Cannons
2,000 Ion Cannons
170 Plasma Turrets
Small and Large Shield Dome
50 ABM

I still plan to make the push all at once though.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-10-18, 12:45 AM
Nice set-up. That there is an almost ridiculous amount of rocket launchers.

Y'know, one thing I never really understood is why people build heavy lasers/fighters. Going through and simming out battles, I found that using enough light lasers/fighters to equal the cost instead of their heavier counterparts had a better result for my forces concerning number of my casualties. The averages tend to work out to favor them, it seems. I saw it this way...for the total cost of 1 heavy laser, you could get 4 light laser, having i think double the total shields and weaponry...feel free to check me on this.

Heavy fighters have a little bit more use...they at least do have slightly better weaponry at cost...for 2 hf's, you can build 5 lf's, but the 2 hf's have a higher attack...but not by much-however, when you have a lot of them, it starts to count a bit more.

Just my thoughts, p'raps there's a good reason for having heavy lasers that I missed out on, in which case feel free ta learn me somethin' new

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-18, 07:48 AM
There must be something to the light fighters, the guy who killed my sats used 40,000 of them to attack me (along with heavier ships), but no heavy fighters.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-20, 02:00 PM
Anyone know why the alliance page looks whacked? Or is it just me? :smallconfused:

Samiam303
2007-10-20, 09:35 PM
Definitely just you, looks messed up here too. Appears as though they've changed how formatting works, I'll poke around board.ogame.org and see what I can discover.

EDIT: Yeah, basically they messed up the formatting system, so they're working on replacing it with something improved. See actual thread (http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?postid=5274715#post5274715).

The Squirrel
2007-10-20, 11:45 PM
Y'know, one thing I never really understood is why people build heavy lasers/fighters...

Never really used heavy fighters much, but someone used about 10k against me to avoid losing units to my (relatively) large amount of heavy lasers. They're not really good for much except in certain circumstances.

The thing with heavy lasers is that one shot with a heavy laser will take out a light fighter ~60% of the time wheras a light laser needs at least two hits to have a chance of blowing up a light fighter.
I figure there's always a bigger fleet out there, so I use heavy lasers to ensure some casualties if someone attacks me with a huge force dominated by light fighters.
So if you're looking for raw firepower and/or fodder, go with light lasers, hands down. Heavy lasers are good if you're looking for a defense that is easily defeated, but ensures a few light fighter kills.

Samiam303
2007-10-21, 12:58 PM
Well here's something interesting... for anyone who's working on Graviton, I was looking around the ogame board and found a list of the current records for the highest level of everything in all of .org. It appears that the highest known espionage level in any universe is 16, and that's only been reported in unis 16 and 2.

The full list is here (http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=25155).

Gaelbert
2007-10-21, 08:51 PM
The following occurred after I espionaged Teniris, rank 5,929. His friend is 2,111, and remember that I am ranked at 3,029 (start at the bottom):

10-22 03:03:39 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
call it off or u will have a hole blown in uranus the size of a black hole

10-22 03:01:53 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
u heard the man call it off

10-22 02:59:22 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
well.... wanna do any of my other planets.... cuz its just gonna be on u.... i really dont need my friend but go head

10-22 02:59:21 BlackPlasma [3:221:4] no subject
please call off your attack on my friend. he is new to ogame and i have a fleet i will crush you with if you do not cooperate. it will be in G1 from G9 in 7 hours if you do not do so. hope you make a good choice.

10-22 02:56:48 Teniris [1:173:12] Re:Re:no subject
dumb thing to do bud.... now ur about to go.... cya.... and ill be glad to take ur df

10-22 02:55:03 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
lol smart.... attack the little one first..... ur a very smart person ya know that?

10-22 02:52:52 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
WOOHOO U GO BOY!!!!

10-22 02:52:10 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
lol there ya go....

I now send 5 missiles at one of his planets, enough to destroy all of his defenses. Shortly after, I send in my fleet, to arrive there in 54 minutes.

10-22 02:48:15 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
so wuzzup attack me im waiting... ur espionagin me... attack me... i know u want to dont be scared.... take a crack at it

10-22 02:41:54 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
so u gonna attack me or wut???? cuz im waiting

10-22 02:36:50 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
go head and attack on all of em... see what happens
I was eating dinner at the time he spammed my inbox. I called off my attack, but sent a warning to him that I won't be stopped in the future. I sent a message to his friend that summarized the fact that he isn't too far under me, he provoked me, and the like. Do y'all think I responded to this correctly? My next courxe of action will be to build up my defense, send an attack to the little jerk, then fleet save and transport some of my materials while waiting for the bigger one's attack, if it comes at all.

Edit: Problem solved. My message to the friend apparently taught the friend some stuff that the little guy omitted. We're one big happy family now. It turn out the pen is mightier than the sword... I hate to say it, but I was hoping for some all out OGame warfare, though...

The Squirrel
2007-10-21, 09:34 PM
A little level headed diplomacy goes a long way in this game. Though if this ever happens again... feel free to drop me a message and/or my name. Don't go around provoking things, but don't let yourself get pushed around, you have some friends backing you.
Also, while the chances that I'm online at the time are low, if you're ever being attacked, drop me a line. I'm only a dozen systems away, so there's a chance I can can send some ships in time to defend you. :smallsmile:
Congrats on the diplomacy though!

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-21, 11:24 PM
Yes, as the one eyed rodent commander says, you have allies. We may not always be on, but none of those players are ranked even close to some of us... Squirrel can ACS with a few death stars if he gets a message in time, and a few hundred destroyers from me ain't nothing to sneeze at either. Don't let them push you, and when someone trash talks to the point of calling you dumb or other names you are within your rights to report them to.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 09:06 AM
Well unfortunately building a few probes to spy on that player, I put him into noob protection from me. No peeky for Fate.

What happens if I send my fleet to ACS defend one of you, but you get attacked by someone with noob protection from me?

Samiam303
2007-10-22, 12:27 PM
That's a really good question. Could you just put a couple deathstars on a low ranked player's planet and make them untouchable while they built themselves up? *ponders*

Unrelatedly, I've got a ton of Deut I'm looking to turn into crystal. Currently about 500k of it, and should be climbing steadily. It's in the 9:72:x area.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 12:34 PM
I've got 1mil crystal sitting at 9:73:5 I'll trade for 500k deut. Just need 30 seconds or so to make one last cargo ship to hold it. Where would you like it?

Samiam303
2007-10-22, 12:36 PM
I'll take it to 9:72:1, thanks. I assume you'll be wanting the duet to the same place you're sending from? Either way, it's gonna take me about half an hour to an hour to get the deut to you because of a lack of cargoes on the planet it's being stored on, so you can either send it now or wait until you get the deut, whichever you prefer. Thanks! :smile:

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 12:37 PM
I'll send it off now. I got the ships and the crystal.

I am working on getting graviton tech up, and the crystal is easy. It is the deut that is taking too long. I should be making my run by the end of the week though. I am going at it the same way Squirrel got his. One sudden leap with eight hours or so on Thursday when I can babysit it.

Samiam303
2007-10-22, 12:40 PM
I'm the exact opposite, as you can see I've got tons of deut but it's the crystal that's slowing me down.

I really wouldn't worry about being attacked in the 9:73 area. I've been building satellites at 9:72:1 for probably a month, I have over 3k currently, and the only times I got attacked were right in the beginning when I didn't have any defenses. Since then, I've been probed a couple times but never had any trouble at all. With an eight hour time window, you should EASILY make it.

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 12:50 PM
On top of that, I don't think one player alone could attack and break the defenses I have there. The time to get together an ACS if they happen to see it in time... I am not too worried. On top of all that I have the players in the area trained not to probe that planet by making it always a poor raid target, and leaving the other planets as easier choices.

Then, off to the Death Stars!

Samiam303
2007-10-22, 04:17 PM
EDIT: Well, I lost over 3300 satellites. It was a beautiful 20% moonchance, resulting in an anticlimactic lack of a moon. Luckily, I still had ~500 satellites in the queue to build, so I'm not TOTALLY out of that crystal I bought today... alas, he had it timed so the 1.9kk crystal debris field disappeared with three seconds.

I'm thinking of doing it the same way you guys have been doing it, although I'm not entirely sure how I'll keep that much crystal and duet protected for as long as it'll take me to stockpile it. In the meantime, I'm working towards a nanite factory, and I'm debating the possibility of terraforming my planet to allow for things such as missile silos and the likes. Anyone know what a terraformer costs to build?

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 06:18 PM
OUCH. That blows.:smallfrown:

I've got a level three nanite, and I am thinking of upgrading to level four to get the time faster.

As for protecting it, I have planets in galaxy 2, 6, and 9. I just end my fleet of 900 L. cargoes from each system, hopping to and fro, gathering along the way. They hold all the needed resources and then some.

The Squirrel
2007-10-22, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the sats. :smallfrown:
The base cost for a terraformer is 50k crystal and 100k deut. I think it also costs energy, but I'm not sure how much.

As far as protection, I used large cargo ships, though I also put a large chunk in expensive researches and buildings that I just canceled when I wanted the res. Just make sure to cancel and restart every so often; more than once I accidently let something finish, and although a level 23 cystal mine is nice, I needed that res for something else dangit! :smallredface:

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 07:12 PM
The crystal mine there is level 28. :smallredface: The slow thing is my deut, only level 19.

The Squirrel
2007-10-22, 07:15 PM
Wow! What level is the metal there? Is that your highest crystal?

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-22, 07:25 PM
The planet has some 270 fields total, and I have spent a lot of time building my mines since I have nigh unlimited room. Metal there is 31, solar at 30.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-24, 07:10 AM
So did we get another update, things look different today? Also seems to be running slow at the moment.

The Squirrel
2007-10-24, 09:50 AM
I'm not noticing anything different myself, aside from the alliance page.

On another note, getting probed by the number one ranked player gives me the willies. *shudder*

EDIT: even worse, getting attacked by the number one ranked player on a different planet. Sigh, there goes 30% of my defenses.

EDIT2: well, I told him I was online, threatened to dump the res into defenses, and offered to trade. He recalled without any reply. I'd breathe easier, except I expect he'll be back at some point... :smalleek:

Samiam303
2007-10-25, 08:19 AM
Well yesterday around eleven AM I decided I was gonna get a nanite factory on my graviton lab planet. The robotics factory was currently like six. By the time I went to bed, not only did I have level 10 robotics factory, I'd shipped in enough resources just from what was lying around my other planets that I got the nanite factory started THAT NIGHT!

...So, tonight around 2:00 AM I'll have my first nanite factory!

Ghal Marak
2007-10-25, 09:31 AM
Well yesterday around eleven AM I decided I was gonna get a nanite factory on my graviton lab planet. The robotics factory was currently like six. By the time I went to bed, not only did I have level 10 robotics factory, I'd shipped in enough resources just from what was lying around my other planets that I got the nanite factory started THAT NIGHT!

...So, tonight around 2:00 AM I'll have my first nanite factory!

Hey, I'm about to have a Nan-Factory too. :smallsmile: It sure is handy to pipe resources from my colonies to the home world. Get's things done just a little faster.

The Squirrel
2007-10-26, 01:18 AM
I had built a light fighter fleet for a moonshot, but that fell through, so I decided to take the swarm hunting. I found a great target who had three planets clumped together. I hit all three and was going to go back for a second go round, but I found I put him back into new player protection. I took away nearly a third of the poor guy's points! I can't really decide if I feel bad for the damage I inflicted or feel delighted at the profits I made. :smalltongue:

EDIT: So this morning I got my first notice of revenge, at some future date, when he's strong enough, at which point I will 'taste his feeling'. (this was different than previously mentioned player)
The first half of my response was some quick advice on defense, but the second half of my reply amused me, so I thought I'd share.

As far as revenge, sure! I do request that before you send your fleet(s), you PM me a good hearty warcry. Like "VENGENCE!" or "FOR THE SHADOW!" or maybe even "I LIKE CHEESE!"
Thanks!
-squirrel

thoughts?

Gaelbert
2007-10-28, 12:38 AM
The following occurred after I espionaged Teniris, rank 5,929. His friend is 2,111, and remember that I am ranked at 3,029 (start at the bottom):

10-22 03:03:39 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
call it off or u will have a hole blown in uranus the size of a black hole

10-22 03:01:53 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
u heard the man call it off

10-22 02:59:22 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
well.... wanna do any of my other planets.... cuz its just gonna be on u.... i really dont need my friend but go head

10-22 02:59:21 BlackPlasma [3:221:4] no subject
please call off your attack on my friend. he is new to ogame and i have a fleet i will crush you with if you do not cooperate. it will be in G1 from G9 in 7 hours if you do not do so. hope you make a good choice.

10-22 02:56:48 Teniris [1:173:12] Re:Re:no subject
dumb thing to do bud.... now ur about to go.... cya.... and ill be glad to take ur df

10-22 02:55:03 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
lol smart.... attack the little one first..... ur a very smart person ya know that?

10-22 02:52:52 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
WOOHOO U GO BOY!!!!

10-22 02:52:10 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
lol there ya go....

I now send 5 missiles at one of his planets, enough to destroy all of his defenses. Shortly after, I send in my fleet, to arrive there in 54 minutes.

10-22 02:48:15 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
so wuzzup attack me im waiting... ur espionagin me... attack me... i know u want to dont be scared.... take a crack at it

10-22 02:41:54 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
so u gonna attack me or wut???? cuz im waiting

10-22 02:36:50 Teniris [1:173:12] no subject
go head and attack on all of em... see what happens
I was eating dinner at the time he spammed my inbox. I called off my attack, but sent a warning to him that I won't be stopped in the future. I sent a message to his friend that summarized the fact that he isn't too far under me, he provoked me, and the like. Do y'all think I responded to this correctly? My next courxe of action will be to build up my defense, send an attack to the little jerk, then fleet save and transport some of my materials while waiting for the bigger one's attack, if it comes at all.

Edit: Problem solved. My message to the friend apparently taught the friend some stuff that the little guy omitted. We're one big happy family now. It turn out the pen is mightier than the sword... I hate to say it, but I was hoping for some all out OGame warfare, though...
Part II:
I went a-espionagin', and it looks like Teniris is under my newb protection. Its kinda sad, I was hoping for a good rumble, but it is also nice that I'm gaining points faster. Less than 4,000 more till 50,000 now.

The Squirrel
2007-10-28, 03:18 AM
Part II:
I went a-espionagin', and it looks like Teniris is under my newb protection.

...but I found I put him back into new player protection. I took away nearly a third of the poor guy's points!

:smallredface: OK, I only initially probed him 'cause I wanted to see what he had that made him so bold to you... but then I saw his res to defense ratio and I kinda just couldn't help myself. Though I didn't realize he was that low on points.

And it is good to see your rising in points. We should get some joint action one of these days, since we share hunting grounds :smallsmile:

Call_me_Fate
2007-10-28, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I noticed him drop as well, or else I would have sent off a few fleets.

As for your PM squirrel, I like. Always good to encourage revenge from your enemies, and even better to encourage bold battle cries like "I like cheese!" :smallbiggrin:

PhallicWarrior
2007-10-31, 12:24 PM
I'm not noticing anything different myself, aside from the alliance page.

On another note, getting probed by the number one ranked player gives me the willies. *shudder*

EDIT: even worse, getting attacked by the number one ranked player on a different planet. Sigh, there goes 30% of my defenses.

EDIT2: well, I told him I was online, threatened to dump the res into defenses, and offered to trade. He recalled without any reply. I'd breathe easier, except I expect he'll be back at some point... :smalleek:

If he bothers you again, just let us know. We'll marshall our forces.

Gaelbert
2007-11-02, 05:24 PM
The number one ranked player?:smallconfused:
It appears that even though my internet connection has been down the last three days, I still was able to top 50k points. Yay!

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-02, 06:07 PM
Cool. Congrats!

So all has been quiet here for a bit. How is everyone doing?

The Squirrel
2007-11-02, 07:20 PM
I'm in V-mode for now, since my connection will be somewhat unreliable for the next week or so. That said, I finally got my cluster in in galaxy 1 and seven connected via jumpgate and the moon defenseive base is coming along nicely despite a recent fleetcrash. Next on the list - moon and jumpgate to galaxy nine!

How are things on your end Fate? Did you make the grav attempt or are you still in prep?

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-02, 07:27 PM
I have 1000 large cargoes full with more than enough to make the sats, but life has been in the way and I can't babysit for anything I feel comfortable with. I should just go and do it, but it is a lot to waste if I can't get it, or if I build them all and then get crashed before I log in.

In the meantime I am getting to the point where I am going to lose points as I blow up a few planets. I plan to expand out in galaxy nine. I have a moon in galaxy two and nine, so I will connect them with jump-gates eventually.

Samiam303
2007-11-05, 02:27 PM
If anyone nearby wants to grab it, there's a rather sizable DF (~1 Million metal and crystal combined) at 9:72:7. I was building up for a moonchance, and someone crashed it, but it appears as though he hasn't immediately grabbed the debris.

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-05, 02:44 PM
Drats. I need to build up a larger fleet of recyclers. I only have a few here and there ever since I lost my fleet a few months ago.

pondshadow
2007-11-05, 08:31 PM
After seeing this thread, I checked out ogame and loved it. What is the name of this alliance?

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-05, 08:33 PM
GitP is the alliance tag. You can find us with that.

pondshadow
2007-11-06, 07:00 AM
It doesn't say anything. Is it because i'm in universe 33?

Dean Fellithor
2007-11-06, 07:33 AM
I have sent my Application to you in game, I just Hope to be a Resource world till the end, but at first I will need Protection.

Samiam303
2007-11-06, 10:35 AM
It doesn't say anything. Is it because i'm in universe 33?

Alas, yes. We're only in universe 30.

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-06, 12:03 PM
Yeah, we're uni 30.

Dean you're in. Tell us a silly rank name you'd like to have!

Dean Fellithor
2007-11-07, 06:54 AM
Yeah, we're uni 30.

Dean you're in. Tell us a silly rank name you'd like to have!

"the Diner of Hell..." lol.
Obvious referance to 300.

pondshadow
2007-11-11, 10:22 AM
at what point do you get a colony?

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-11, 10:27 AM
First you need to build a colony ship and find a planet you'd like to colonize. Then you just fly out there and start building

The_Lonely_d12
2007-11-13, 12:23 PM
yeah, so I'm back. again. krade just called me, told me he needs me to keep his empire from being deleted. he really is about to get internet, i swear.

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-13, 12:30 PM
All has been quiet here lately. We still play, I see scores go up, but there is not much chat.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-11-13, 12:37 PM
yeah, i've noticed that

Ghal Marak
2007-11-13, 01:23 PM
Well, I got wiped by some guy right when I was about to attain the nanotech factory. :smallsigh: I had 100 Rockets, 30 or 40 light lasers, 30 heavy lasers, 5 Gauss cannons, light shield dome and heavy shield dome. In space I had 5 cruisers and 10 heavy fighters. He attacked with 150 Battleships and 100 Cruisers. The first time. The second attack (which came not one minuet after the first) was nearly the same number of ships. Set me back a good couple of days. But it’s fine now, since I'm funneling all resources from my two colonies to the planet. :smallbiggrin: Maybe this time I can get it quick before he strikes again.

Gaelbert
2007-11-13, 08:38 PM
I think my interest is waning a little, but I still have enough to come on and spend all me resources on defenses. Now that I have my nanite factory and decent technology, I don't really know what to aim for.

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-13, 08:47 PM
That is my typical problem. Once I get graviton it is hard to find a goal. I like to just build up though, send my ships to fleetsave, and try to get the highest level mines I can.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-11-19, 08:23 AM
The lack of a goal is getting to me to, especially since my little fleet got crashed again. I build a few hundred ships and someone comes by with 5000 battleships and 5000 battlecruisers and blows them up.

I mean what's the point? It seems the goal of the game is to be the biggest bully in space, and since there are no limits on the size of fleets there's no strategy other than:

1. Get in early
2. Build big fleet
3. Terrorize
4. Build more ships.
5. Rinse and Repeat

I can objectively say I'm in a bad mood this morning, but even counting that I'm almost to the point of saying "forget it" and quitting.

Sorry for the rant but even with as many points as I have it seems like I'm a nobody.

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-19, 10:24 AM
Yeah, pretty much you need to send off any fleet, no matter the size, to fleetsave anytime you log out. I wish there was a better point protection system though, so that you were forced to stay in a closer point range for your fights.

Samiam303
2007-11-21, 02:31 PM
Woo! I'd been building up 1,667 Small Cargo ships on one of my planets at 9:72:7, and someone attacked them when I only had around 1500... but I still got an 8.602 km moon out of it! Now I've got moons in the 9:72:x and 4:418:x areas. Jump gates here I come! :biggrin:

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-21, 03:08 PM
Nice. I still need to get around to building my jump gates in 2 and 9. That will be a nice link one I get it. I just wish you could move resources through it.

Samiam303
2007-11-21, 04:18 PM
Alas, I missed the 1800k resource DF by about one minute thirty seconds... *headthwack*

But I'm more than happy with the moon, and I've named it after GiantITP's very own Fdl! :biggrin:

Call_me_Fate
2007-11-21, 04:35 PM
I would like to officially announce that I got Graviton tech now!! WOO!

I don't think I even got probed in the entire eight hour build time.

The_Lonely_d12
2007-11-21, 05:53 PM
Congrats. Krade's nowhere near getting that, but he's also a little more preoccupied with jump gates. I've had him saving resources as much as possible, he should be able to afford one, part of the other. Of course, I'm not sure where all I sent the resources, so there might not be enough to make either in any one planet-or galaxy for that matter.

Dean Fellithor
2007-11-25, 12:50 AM
I am obtaining Hyperspace Technology as I type this message...:biggrin:

Gaelbert
2007-11-29, 09:09 PM
What is this newfangled merchant thingy I see on the sidebar? Is it incredibly unbalancing?

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-30, 12:12 AM
I clicked on the link and was immediately entranced...

Samiam303
2007-12-19, 01:32 PM
Stealth bump: I'm now up to 3m metal I'm looking to trade for crystal. If anyone's interested, particularly anyone in the GitP cluster, I'm ready to move it anytime!

EDIT: Up to 4m and still looking to trade. >_<

Woo! After forever and a half of building satellites, I have graviton! :biggrin:

Now I'll wait for someone dumb enough to hit my defenses and see if I get a moon out of those satellites.

The Squirrel
2007-12-19, 03:21 PM
Congrats on the research!

Someone stupid enough, you say? I might fit those qualifications :smalltongue: . Though it could be a while, my fleet's a little low at the moment. Looking at your defenses I might have to put together a few death stars to do it, and that could take a bit. Good luck on the moon though!

Samiam303
2007-12-20, 09:44 AM
So apparently the #211 ranked player decided to move in in the planet slot next to mine, and has since rid me of my satellites. No moon, either. :annoyed:

The Squirrel
2007-12-20, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Can I still attack you with deathstars? :smallconfused:

The_Lonely_d12
2007-12-20, 05:04 PM
so, whats up with this new tech? whats it good for? the expedition technology, i mean

Bitzeralisis
2007-12-20, 07:36 PM
Expedition technology (http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Expedition_Technology) lets you send expeditions (http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Expedition).

Gaelbert
2007-12-23, 05:24 PM
I think I like this new expedition thing. Does anyone happen to know how likely you are to get Dark Matter from it?

Samiam303
2007-12-24, 01:03 AM
I've sent probably 10-15 expiditions and I've gotten Dark Matter twice. Both times I had only sent 5 Large Cargoes, and I got a few hundred Dark Matter each time. Not very scientific, but that's my experience with it.

Gaelbert
2007-12-25, 10:50 PM
I'm slowly dismantling my deut synthesizers for a number of reasons. I built them at a time when I didn't need that much deut, but now I'm starting to need it more. It takes up valuable land, which I could use for other stuff. And finally, I'm hoping seeing a fleet of solar satellites will push someonbe into attacking me with my moonshot from light fighters.

Edit: Deut synth, fusion reactor, same thing.

Samiam303
2008-01-08, 12:33 AM
Woo! As of about noon-time tomorrow, Sam's got a Death Star! I don't remember if I even posted here when I got graviton or not since the thread's kinda dying...

...yeah, I think I did. Since then, someone randomly attacked the planet I had built the graviton on, even though all that was left was 50 satellites and 30 recyclers. They took out those, but I got a 4000Km moon out of it. Now with the Death Star, I'm all set to build back up something of a fleet and start doing some actual raiding, heh.

theterran
2008-01-08, 08:54 AM
I would like to start up and join the alliance if you guys have one, but would it be pointless for me to start up in Universe 30?

Gaelbert
2008-01-08, 09:51 AM
I don't think it would be pointless. I'm staying active, I don't know about the other members.

Gaelbert
2008-01-24, 04:11 PM
Live, live, live I say!
So, I recently passed over 100k points. Good stuff.
It says there's an application to join our alliance, but I can't see it.
I may get gravitron soon, we'll see how everything works out.
And is anyone else active?

The Squirrel
2008-01-24, 09:58 PM
I'm active, but not. I mostly sign on, move around some res, then sign off. Kinda working on a moon fortress of death - I'm up to almost 12k rocket launchers. Combined with a deathstar, it'll take a lot to get through all that - not that there's much of a prize, since the moon doesn't actually produce any res...

Samiam303
2008-01-29, 10:04 AM
As with the Squirrel, I'm still active but don't do much other than move res around and build things. I've got a death star, but it's in the alliance area in galaxy 9, so there's not a lot of good targets.

EDIT: And apparently I passed 100k points sometime recently. Woo I guess.

Aaand... someone attacks me with 27 deathstars. O.O

The attacker has won the battle!
He captured
56.774 metal, 62.546 crystal, and 323.013 deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.
The defender lost a total of 35.345.000 units.
At these space coordinates now float 2.718.000 metal and 2.389.500 crystal.
The chance for a moon to be created is 20 %
3220 Rocket Launcher, 670 Light Laser, 155 Heavy Laser, 37 Plasma Turret, 1 Small Shield Dome, 1 Large Shield Dome could be repaired.

The Squirrel
2008-01-30, 04:18 PM
So someone ranked 39 asked to join the alliance - for no other reason than to defend Zweanslord, who's gone inactive and apparently has 12 deathstars coming at him. I let him in and asked for a copy of the combat report - just imagine - 12 RIPs at an inactive and you get ninjaed :smallsmile:

Samiam303
2008-01-30, 11:04 PM
Haha, that's pretty crazy. I wish I'd copied my full combat report on that hit on my planet, but alas I accidentally hit "delete all messages" instead of "delete checked messages".

Gaelbert
2008-02-07, 11:34 PM
Krade is online? Will he come again to raise us once more to the living?

Jinura
2008-02-08, 01:54 PM
Just began playing again on universe 36. Anyone got an alliance or something i can join. I played like half a year ago. Good to be back guy :D

Gaelbert
2008-02-09, 01:53 AM
I don't think any of us are in that universe, but not too many people are active, either.

Krade
2008-02-10, 02:45 PM
I'm not really online yet. I just figured out that I can log on without leaving vacation mode so I don't get deleted from inactivity.

I would have been back a long time ago but I'm really slacking on the whole getajobandgetacomputerandgetinternet department.

It should be pretty soon now though (I know I've said that before, but I think I'm actually telling the truth this time).

I do have a couple questions though: What the hell are Mercheants, Dark Matter, and Expedition Tech?

Jinura
2008-02-16, 02:46 PM
Sorry for double post. Anyone knows the most active galaxy?

Jinura
2008-02-26, 12:12 PM
Is this thread dead?

The Squirrel
2008-02-26, 01:45 PM
Not quite dead, but not quite alive either. Most on this thread are located in universe 30. In any universe, the most active galaxy seems to be one of the first three, though I don't know for sure.

Gaelbert
2008-03-30, 11:45 AM
I hope this isn't thread necromancy.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this group is dead and done for?

Goldstein
2008-04-06, 05:26 AM
Hy,

I play Ogame in the German ogame U7 with a 3.400.000 acc. I found this thread today :).

Its from February but I think they questions are importand:

I do have a couple questions though: What the hell are Mercheants, Dark Matter, and Expedition Tech?

1. The merchant trades resources for you. The Problem is: you have to pay him with Dark Matter.

2. You have to buy dark matter with real money. If you do this you can hire special leaders (which offer you some advantages) and you can call the merchant...

3. Expedition Tech is a new option in the Fleetmenu. If you fly to position 16 in a system you can find recources, ships and dark matter. But you can also loose your fleet or have to fight vs. pirates or aliens.

Morrsleib
2008-04-11, 07:09 PM
Uh ogame is a nice game. But i take to long time. I used a holy lot of time when i was in top 10 in Denmark