PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Earliest you can gain the outsider type

Drrakerr
2014-09-29, 07:26 PM
I am working on a Malconvoker build and I would like to make use of the Infernal Bargaining feat, but the perquisite is the outsider type. Outside of Polymorph any Object abuse, is there anyway to gain the outsider type without being an outsider from Character creation? The human bonus feat would be really handy.

Bluydee
2014-09-29, 07:28 PM
Otherwordly regional feat works, but you have to be a Deep Imaskari, an Elf, or a Spirit Folk, and the knowledge local 2 thing doesn't really work when you're talking about birth.

Val666
2014-09-29, 07:31 PM
You can play an elf, get flaws for extra feats and take this o_o (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-guide-to-faerun--22/otherworldly--2102/)

torrasque666
2014-09-29, 07:38 PM
I think both of those count as "from Character Creation". Well, its really the same thing.

Drrakerr
2014-09-29, 07:45 PM
Yea i was thinking more along the lines of a spell or item that changes your type. The earlier the better. Limited wish could probably do it but that's 7th level. I guess i could always just buy a casting of it in a large enough city for 2,410 gold from a 13th level wizard.

Jeff the Green
2014-09-29, 08:25 PM
Yea i was thinking more along the lines of a spell or item that changes your type. The earlier the better. Limited wish could probably do it but that's 7th level. I guess i could always just buy a casting of it in a large enough city for 2,410 gold from a 13th level wizard.

Be very, very careful with the wording. "I wish I were an outsider" could very well turn you into a nupperibo.

Magma Armor0
2014-09-29, 09:48 PM
highly dependent on DM fiat, but the Saint template grants a native outsider type.

Sith_Happens
2014-09-30, 05:39 AM
Change your race via one of the rituals in Savage Species.

Venger
2014-09-30, 06:28 AM
I am working on a Malconvoker build and I would like to make use of the Infernal Bargaining feat, but the perquisite is the outsider type. Outside of Polymorph any Object abuse, is there anyway to gain the outsider type without being an outsider from Character creation? The human bonus feat would be really handy.

as the frost, devil's ego, fiendform, holy transformation (and lesser), infernal transformation (and lesser), nar fiendbond, and greater visage of the deity all give you the outsider type.

there's always neraph if you can spare the human bonus feat. malconvoker's hardly difficult to qualify for.