PDA

View Full Version : Full Attacks and Tridents?

Nicrosil
2014-09-29, 10:18 PM
Hello once again Playground!

I'm using Realm of Chaos's Gambit Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?140278-My-Spin-on-the-Fighter-(warning-quite-long)); long story short I've been using a trident as a reach weapon rather than a thrown weapon. Whoops.

My DM understands, but encourages me to start using my trident right. I was researching the Net and Trident feat from Complete Warrior. It says that after succeeding a strength check on the net, I can use a full attack with the trident. How does that work? You're throwing the weapon, how do you make multiple attacks with it? What happens after I throw it? Do I need to go retrieve it?

Please help me out here Playground.

Troacctid
2014-09-29, 10:20 PM
The feat allows you to take an immediate 5-foot step towards your opponent.

Greenish
2014-09-29, 10:26 PM
You throw the net, not the trident (which is a melee weapon that you can throw, not a thrown weapon, as far as weapon categories go).

Nicrosil
2014-09-29, 10:37 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks!

I have another concern about my fighter. As a free action, I can switch between weapons, so sometimes I use a net/trident, and sometimes I use a tower shield/warhammer. Have I made a huge mistake optimizaton wise? I'm not trying to min/max, but I want to know if I've painted myself in a corner.

Greenish
2014-09-29, 10:40 PM
You can only keep so many weapons up with relevant enhancements. I'd recommend focusing on the trident, since it's a fairly versatile weapon. Trident and net, two-handing the trident, trident and tower shield if you insist.

Nicrosil
2014-09-29, 10:49 PM
Thanks again! One last stupid question, then I'm out. If I don't have the tower shield equipped, does it still affect my armor check penalty?

Greenish
2014-09-29, 10:53 PM
As long as you're not using it, you don't get the penalties from it (unless it's weight affects your encumbrance, of course). This works on the same logic that carrying a set of full plate armour doesn't slow you down, only wearing it will.