PDA

View Full Version : Optimized gestalt character help!

CryptbornAkryea
2014-09-29, 10:29 PM
I'm trying to help my gf with her build, but I'm having a bit of trouble...

Fremen http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fremen_(3.5e_Race)
dragon shaman 6// ??
CN

notes:
dual wielding daggers
copper dragon
permanencied Divine Power (don't ask, lol)
daggers can be made as major magic items, wbl be damned
30k gold to work with otherwise
possible Incarnum Apotheosis permanencied as well
lastly, up to 2 levels adjusted through templates

Ideas, giants?

Ellowryn
2014-09-29, 11:03 PM
Well, what does she want to do? With that permanent Divine Power (Seriously WTF!?!) she could easily go melee and her breath weapon gives her decent aoe with some range.

The second spell, assuming permanency, tends to lean towards an Incarnate which is not a bad second class in gestalt its just that both dragon shaman and incarnate are both 'passive' classes.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-09-29, 11:15 PM
Agreed on both of those classes being passive.

She wants a sneaky, melee mix. No spell casting at all.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-29, 11:24 PM
Incarnate is crazy in gestalt; its main limitation is the poor skills/HD/BAB chasis. Tack the Incarnate's soulmelds onto something with, say, a d10 hit die (which you get from Dragon Shaman) and good BAB (which you get from divine power), and you have the tank to end all tanks. If I ever play gestalt, it'll be VoP Incarnate//Druid, and I'll mock people who rely on magic items.

Alternately, Factotum, but that would be a bit MAD. Dragon Shaman and Incarnate have a bit of Constitution synergy; however, I would recommend Dragonfire Adept//Incarnate, for piles and piles of Constitution synergy. BAB is stuck at poor (n00p, divine power), but you have area-affect stuff so whatever. Ask your DM if you can trade Invocations for Draconic Auras; there's a Dragon Shaman ACF that lets you learn an invocation in place of an Aura at any/all valid levels, so it sorta makes sense to reverse that.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-09-30, 02:16 AM
She really wants to focus on dual wielding daggers

Jgosse
2014-09-30, 04:24 AM
Champion of the wild ranger//dragon shaman with a rouge// barbarian dip for sneak atk, pounce and probably whirling frenzy. Take craven feat plus 1 damage on sneak atk per character level and drop Animal companion for distracting shot and get all the sneak atk.

Jgosse
2014-09-30, 04:46 AM
Champion of the wild ranger//dragon shaman with a rouge// barbarian dip for sneak atk, pounce and probably whirling frenzy. Take craven feat plus 1 damage on sneak atk per character level and drop Animal companion for distracting shot and get all the sneak atk.
Oh and if she does not want spells take champion of the wild acf from champions of the wild.