PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Perfect plated protection for the picky paladin.

RPGaddict28
2014-09-29, 11:15 PM
I am the artificer of a 3.P, ECL 6, game, and the paladin needs new armor. He currently has a +1 reinforced dwarvencraft mithril breastplate, with an armored kilt on it. I would have long since upgraded him to Full Plate, but he has 15 Dex, and he can't put his armored kilt on his plate. My goal is to design the perfect plate for him.

The material I was thinking is adamantine, it's hardness and the DR3/- that can't be dispelled/suppressed is great. Now, I need the plate to be counted as medium armor or lighter, so his kilt can stay, I was thinking the half-weight ASA. Finally it's Max Dex Bonus needs to be +2 and I have no clue what to do for this.

Ultimately, what kind of plate should the pally get? I have a decent start, but you guys may find something more optimal for him.

LTwerewolf
2014-09-29, 11:25 PM
Chain shirt, armor kilt, chahar-aina. 6 armor with 4 max dex bonus (so if he bumps up his dex he'll be able to make full use). The chahar-aina and the chain shirt can be enchanted separately just like the armor kilt. The enhancement bonuses won't stack, but you can enchant one with an enchantment bonus, another with some useful things like fort, and the other for some other stuff.

Pex
2014-09-29, 11:35 PM
If you can, have it enchanted with Champion for +2 sacred bonus to AC against whomever he smites. It's a +1 cost and strokes a paladin's ego in concept.

aethel27
2014-09-30, 12:54 AM
does it stack with the smite evil's ac bonus? they are both sacred....

Sith_Happens
2014-09-30, 05:35 AM
Uh, mithral full plate, anyone? Max DEX +3 and counts as medium. One and done.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-09-30, 12:56 PM
Celestial full plate. Counts as medium, has +6 max DEX and is +3 enhancement to begin with. Make it adamantine, dwarvencraft and add the kilt FTW. It is Core, too.