PDA

View Full Version : the immortal tinkerer- a minamalist approach

bobthedragon
2014-09-30, 02:19 PM
My goal is to create a neigh un-killable artificer that uses as absolutely little cheese as possible.

Any suggestions on how to-
1) Be protected from properly worded miracles/wishes? Is this possible?
2) Reduce the amount of gp/xp cost reduction cheese necessary without harming the build?
3) Generally simplify

The important parts of the build as it currently stands

Human
Artificer 20 (living on prime material plane)
Feats- (two flaws allowed)
Wedded to History (arguably it gives you the endless trait, if it doesn't, substitute this for another method of not aging such as elan)

Item cost reduction stuff (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7274.20) and a thought bottle

continuous items of

Timeless body (immune to attacks, damage, and helpful and harmful effects)
Wings of cover (Blocks LoE, disjunction)
Ring of Freedom of movement (protects from mundain traps, like tanglefoot bag, since I should already be safe from any offensive/trap spells)
Foresight (warns of danger)
Tinfoil hat trick
Giant hat that if its full size, I can fit inside, shrunk by magic, I enter antimagic field, it blocks LoS and voila, I'm not affected by antimagic field anymore.

Other items

A couple rods of cancellation (will save high enough that my items are all safe from it is easy enough)
Ring of Sustenance(no need to eat/drink)
Necklace of adaptation (can breathe anywhere and immune to all vapors and gasses)
staff of master earth- effect of a teleportation spell, but doesn't actually teleport you so It could still work in dimensional lock, and it prevents me from being buried alive/trapped in some other manner. Does anyone know If I can do this when I'm not touching the ground?
1/day item of dimensional lock (use on myself, prevent from being sent where I don't want to go)

crafted contingent spells/conditions

Greater Celerity- A sphere of annihilation comes within 10 feet (use a rod of cancellation on it, timeless body protects from the explosion)

Mato
2014-09-30, 06:56 PM
I thought you said with a little cheese as possible, not go nuts with custom items, nearly infinite money, and trying to stack contingency.

Pun-pun is easier and has direct rules allowing you to play as him.

bobthedragon
2014-09-30, 07:59 PM
I thought you said with a little cheese as possible, not go nuts with custom items, nearly infinite money, and trying to stack contingency.

Pun-pun is easier and has direct rules allowing you to play as him.

What I currently have is the starting point, minimal cheese is the end goal,
I'm looking specifically for advice on how to decrease the amount of cheese involved.