PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with Wormtail Belt

paperarmor
2014-09-30, 06:08 PM
So with the Barbed Stinger Feat it gets Improved Grab it automatically starts a grapple and deals its poison damage automatically is are there any ways besides just Vemonfire to optimize around this soulmeld?

Waddacku
2014-09-30, 07:30 PM
If you can snag Multigrab and Improved Multigrab, you can just leave an enemy hanging on your stinger while keeping the rest of you ungrappled. Optimizing poison or grapple damage (Constrict is nice) would obviously power it up, and of course you have to pump grapple regardless. Choke Hold (Oriental Adventures feat) would let you knock them unconscious on a pin, getting you a few free rounds of damage as they can't fight back.

Venger
2014-09-30, 08:03 PM
sandstorm's scorpion's grasp is hand too if you're focusing on wormtail belt

PsyBomb
2014-10-01, 12:07 AM
Moderately obvious, but worth noting. The Girallon Arms soulmeld ups your Grapple check (and climb, but that's incidental) to obscene levels, enough so that I've grabbed it and Extra Essence on an Azurin with no other meldshaping ability just to boost grappling in a build. Seriously, +4 at level 1 with zero effort is good. +10-14 at level 20 is enough to significantly narrow the gap against the enemies you will be facing then.

paperarmor
2014-10-01, 07:06 AM
yeah its hard to avoid optimizing grspple as a totemist. although, my burning question is should I go totemist 20 to get the capstone that basically doubles the essentia or should I dip somethin like Psychic Warrior for its grappling powers and take Psycarnum Infusion to fill up all my souldmelds at once without fretting about having enough essentia?

Venger
2014-10-01, 07:32 AM
it really depends on whether you think your game will actually go to 20. most don't.