PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Critique my Eldritch Knight's spell list?

genderlich
2014-09-30, 08:05 PM
So this campaign is going to level 20, and I've prepared my Paladin 2/Sorcerer 8/Eldritch Knight 10's spell list all the way up there. He'll end up with a caster level of 17, not quite enough for 9th level spells but getting +Charisma to saves is worth it. This is also Mythic, so many of these have mythic versions. My main goal is to mix debuffing and a bit of other offensive magic with mixing it up in melee with my greatsword. I can also cast any of these as a swift action with mythic Arcane Surge a bunch of times per day.

0: Hoarfrost (Deep Magic), Puff of Smoke (Deep Magic), Resistance, Detect Magic, Daze, Flare, Message, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
1: Shield, Enlarge Person, Vanish, Lesser Orb of Light (Deep Magic), Chronal Lance (Deep Magic), Cause Fear
2: Bull’s Strength, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray, Light Prison, Glitterdust, See Invisibility
3: Fly, Diamond Spray, Rage, Slow, Displacement
4: Dimension Door, Fear, Black Tentacles, Enervation
5: Summon Monster V, Feeblemind, Wall of Force, Waves of Exhaustion
6: Chains of Light, Greater Heroism, Disintegrate
7: Prismatic Spray, Call Valkyrie (Deep Magic), Banishment
8: Spellforged Sinews VIII (Deep Magic), Prismatic Wall

Cause Fear, Bull's Strength, and Rage are bloodline spells so can't be replaced unfortunately. If you don't have Deep Magic, the only really important ones are Call Valkyrie which just summons a Valkyrie from the Bestiary, and Spellforged Sinews VIII, which gives a +16 enhancement to Strength for 1 round.

The main ones I'm not sure about are Enervation, Wall of Force, and Displacement. It was also hard to decide between Spellforged Sinews and Power Word Stun.

I'm anticipating you suggesting Haste, but we already have a Haste-casting Arcanist in the party, though he is mostly a blaster.