PDA

View Full Version : Unrestricted Conjuration - Malconvoker

Arc_knight25
2014-10-01, 07:29 AM
So forget the Binding demons that the malconvoker can do, look at this gem.

Unrestricted Conjuration: For the purpose only of casting conjuration spells, you can ignore any restrictions that forbid you from casting spells of certain alignments. In addition, regular use of conjuration spells with the evil descriptor does not threaten to change your alignment. For example, a good cleric who becomes a malconvoker could cast summon monster I to summon a fiendish raven (whose alignment gives the spell the evil descriptor). The cleric could not cast death knell, though, which has the evil descriptor but is not of the conjuration school.

You can cast evil conjurations without losing your good alignment.

Is there any build or combo you could think that this class feature could be used for.

I just think it would be cool to be a Bastion of Good throwing the most vile of spells at the doers of Evil.

Eonir
2014-10-01, 08:25 AM
The only thing I can really think of is Malconvoker.

Though I guess an evil cleric fighting other evil things might enjoy the summons who have Smite Evil.

Arc_knight25
2014-10-01, 10:13 AM
The thing that I find cool about that ability is that it doesn't just apply to summon Monster X

It is all Conjurations spells that are evil don't change your alignment. There are some nice spells that are evil conjurations but acquiring the Material component for some of the spells maybe difficult.

How would this ability stack up to a Corrupt spell? Would it still change your alignment?