PDA

View Full Version : Fey-themed party

troqdor1316
2014-10-01, 12:23 PM
My party is looking into making a faerie themed party. So far, we have an Archfey pact warlock who performed a ritual in a musty old time he found to contact Titania and ask her for knowledge and power (at a price). We also have an Oath of the Ancients paladin; he's a fey knight who gets his holy powers from his powerful faerie masters. We're looking for other very fey-themed character ideas. Got any?

MadGrady
2014-10-01, 12:26 PM
You could have a cleric who has the Nature or Tempest domain granted to him by the worship of a fey deity. Perhaps this cleric is the personal warrior for this patron - the sword arm for this fey's plan to gain more power.

hymer
2014-10-01, 12:27 PM
The druid seems an obvious choice. Druid summoning is often fey spirits that take the shapes required.

randomodo
2014-10-01, 12:27 PM
- Arcane tricksters are an easy fit, especially gnomes

- Non-fey races can have a background in which they were taken into the feywild/replaced with a changeling, and have recently escaped/been freed

- EK fighters are easily viewed as sidhe knights (especially if they're high elves)

Steel Mirror
2014-10-01, 12:35 PM
-A barbarian who draws from sidhe patrons or spirits of the woods to fluff the animal totems.

-A bard. Fey love music!

-Maybe it's just me, but a wild magic sorcerer seems like it would be a good fit for a person who inherited their sorcery thanks to some fair folk blood. Faerie magic is powerful, but it doesn't always do quite what you tell it to do.

mabriss lethe
2014-10-01, 01:58 PM
I'd go with a construction worker, an Indian, a cop, a cowboy, and a biker..... Oh.. FEY themed.... I feel awkward now.

GorinichSerpant
2014-10-02, 01:24 PM
I'd go with a construction worker, an Indian, a cop, a cowboy, and a biker..... Oh.. FEY themed.... I feel awkward now.

Why not both?

Inevitability
2014-10-02, 01:39 PM
Hm... Several Fey (such as 3.5's leShay's (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/leshay.htm)) don't rely on trickery and misdirection but instead have mastered physical combat. Maybe your ranger/fighter/barbarian has trained under one? A variant human fighter with Magic Initiate would have a bit of 'fey magic' (minor illusion, friends, charm person) while still being a melee warrior.