PDA

View Full Version : [Items] These boots are made for walkin'...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-14, 01:48 PM
Open to suggestions for pricing, which seems to be as much guesswork as anything....

Boots of the Trail
These appear as tall, laced-up hiking boots of strong leather. Oddly enough the boots have no soles, that is, until they are donned. When worn you do not leave footprints of any kind to be tracked by, nor may be detected with the scent ability. Tracking the subjects is impossible by non-magical means. As well, the boots can be commanded to purposely leave tracks of other kinds, be it the prints of other creatures or shoes of another make. If removed, these boots will continue to walk a course or leave tracks as directed by the most recent wearer, and then return to the locale where it was sent.
Faint Transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, Know Direction, Pass Without Trace; Price 6,000 gp; Weight 3 lbs.

-=-=-=-=-=

Phidippides's Slippers
These sandals are appear to be comfortably broken in, with frayed edges and the leather softened by use and the elements. Those that wear them are likely to never want to remove them. They seem to constantly massage and rejuvenate one's feet and legs. The wearer need never make constitution checks to to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, and gains a +20 bonus to fortitude saves to continue running.

These sandals even allow the wearer to walk at their base speed while sleeping, and wake refreshed. They can be given simple instructions such as to follow a road, trail, or even a direction. They always weave around small obstructions and awake the wearer upon arriving at larger ones, the meeting of a mobile creature, or the end of a trail or road, including cliffs or holes, or if another attempts to remove the sandals. These sandals are not affected by illusions or mind-affecting effects.
Moderate Conjuration and divination; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, Restoration, Status; Price 12,000 gp; Weight 1 lbs.

onasuma
2007-03-14, 01:50 PM
MAGIC SLIPPERS!
maybe 18k for the slippers, not sure about the boots. but both are cool.

JackofAllBlades
2007-03-14, 03:22 PM
Both are really original items,i liked them.But i think `not being effected by illusions` can be abused(can be used as a illusion detector in some cases i guess)
On the prices i cant help very much since i havent been playing or DMing for a long time.(And yes i miss it...)

DaMullet
2007-03-15, 09:41 AM
Only if you're asleep... I read that as "unaffected by illusions when told to follow a course while the wearer is napping."

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-15, 10:09 AM
Only if you're asleep... I read that as "unaffected by illusions when told to follow a course while the wearer is napping."
Yeah, thats it pretty much. If the boots are in control (which only happens when you are asleep) they can't be affected by illusions.

JackofAllBlades
2007-03-15, 10:49 AM
Yeah I missed sleeping part with no-illusions, my bad..:redface:

Lapak
2007-03-16, 01:17 PM
The 'encounter a living creature' condition could lead to amusement if the road leads through a haunted graveyard.

VAMPIRE: Foolish mortal! I will drain your very life away. Come to me, now. *Dominate*

SLIPPERS: *keep on walking*

VAMPIRE: Hey! Hey! Listen to me when I'm talking to you!

That Lanky Bugger
2007-03-16, 01:44 PM
I'd put the Boots of the Trail at about 5k. It has some potentially cool uses (like leaving false trails) and being untrackable is pretty neat, too. It'd certainly make the rest of the party the Druid's best friend.

Haedrian
2007-03-17, 08:12 AM
The 2nd one seems rather overpowered.

Pass without trace is a level 1 druid spell... So around 5-10k should do it.

It has.. potential

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-03-23, 04:19 PM
WOW COOL ITEMS
I think they are really nice but do you have any price range for them?
boots I think sohuld be like 8k
and sandals 15-18k.

Serania
2007-03-23, 06:22 PM
These are totally in my campaign as of now. I'll have to figure out the prices, but I'd say 17K for the Slippers, and 7K for the boots, I just like the number seven and it seems fair, if they get overpowered I'll just deduct a big ruby from the next treasure or something.

Icewalker
2007-03-24, 12:52 AM
Excellent, I love em, especially the sandals. Yoink?

Very fun items.