PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quick Question: Can a Sorcerer get the spell Glibness without multi-classing to bard?

thematgreen
2014-10-01, 05:01 PM
Can a Sorcerer get the spell Glibness without multi-classing to bard? Is this possible? I've been searching and haven't discovered an answer.

Ettina
2014-10-01, 05:51 PM
I dunno, but I'd like to know this too.

grarrrg
2014-10-01, 07:25 PM
There is an "off-list spell" guide somewhere.
Probably a link in my signature.

jiriku
2014-10-01, 08:51 PM
A highly contentious reading of the Extra Spell feat would permit it. A couple levels in the wyrm wizard prestige class would also work. It is in the Commerce domain, so you could pick it up by taking that domain with the Arcane Disciple feat.

Necroticplague
2014-10-01, 08:57 PM
The Extra Spell feat can give you an extra spell known. Doesn't say it has to be from your own class list. Also, the Sorceror class says they "primarily" draw from the sorc/wiz list, not simply "drawn from", so you could technically pick up Glibness.

grarrrg
2014-10-01, 08:58 PM
A highly contentious reading of the Extra Spell feat would permit it. A couple levels in the wyrm wizard prestige class would also work. It is in the Commerce domain, so you could pick it up by taking that domain with the Arcane Disciple feat.

PSST! Pathfinder tag in the Title!

jiriku
2014-10-01, 09:07 PM
PSST! Pathfinder tag in the Title!

Don't have it and haven't read it. Not planning to change that any time soon. :smallwink:

Extra Anchovies
2014-10-01, 09:23 PM
From the description of the Sorcerer's "Spells" class feature in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook:

These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of through study.
In other words, yes, but with DM approval required. And since it's Glibness, you aren't getting DM approval. Because that spell is icky.

Firebug
2014-10-01, 10:24 PM
Ring of Spell Knowledge 4, Ultimate Equipment.

"Thereafter, the arcane spellcaster may cast the spell as though she knew the spell and it appeared on her class’ spell list.

Arcane spells that do not appear on the wearer’s class list are treated as one level higher for all purposes (storage and casting)."