PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Tomb of Horrors

atemu1234
2014-10-01, 05:27 PM
I found out there was a 3.5 tomb of horrors, and I decided I wanted my players to try it (with different PCs for mortality reasons). What levels should the PCs be rolled up to be?

Curmudgeon
2014-10-01, 05:37 PM
9th is the stated minimum; 10th is probably about right. One distinct advantage of 10th level is that ToH is a very trap-intensive module, and Rogue 10 allows for Skill Mastery for Search and Disable Device skills.

Nibbens
2014-10-01, 05:41 PM
I found out there was a 3.5 tomb of horrors, and I decided I wanted my players to try it (with different PCs for mortality reasons). What levels should the PCs be rolled up to be?

I played ToH with my players and simply ported straight to Pathfinder. Made no changes. Everything spoke for itself and I still killed PC's. They were level 9 and like the module says they should be and were completely optimized.

So no worries. Oh, and PS. that whole bunch of "describe how you open the secret door bull***t" is a party foul and simply makes the game ridiculous. I simply whisked my PC's through it and told them what it was and what the point was before moving on. They were all thankful.

Blackhawk748
2014-10-01, 05:42 PM
9th is the stated minimum; 10th is probably about right. One distinct advantage of 10th level is that ToH is a very trap-intensive module, and Rogue 10 allows for Skill Mastery for Search and Disable Device skills.

For this precise reason im gonna second this, also it gives people plenty of levels to work with, so a gish might be fully online.